Sacked

i got sacked in FM17 by Deportivo after 4 months, Then again im on the verge of getting Sacked agian by them in FM18, Maybe its a number of things with them though, language barrier, implementation of tactics, but the overall feel i get is player morale. it is an uphill battle from there, then you lose the dressing room, then you get a team meeting and you upset them even more or by fluke you please them. I usually jump before im pushed 

I've occasionally taken on a team that has been promoted to Conference/National North or South, or Scottish L2 etc with few players and minimal reputation.  That often proves too much for me and I've gone straight back down to a non playable league with the inevitable consequence.  Other times I've been sacked for criticising or arguing with the board over transfers or club policy.

1 hour ago, FrazT said:

There is a much higher chance of this happening if you start as a new manager with no reputation and immediately take over a big team with great expectations.

True, but he was Sunderland, so go figure.

I've come pretty close to getting sacked a few times. I tend to jump before I'm pushed though for fear of a damaged rep

1 hour ago, gunner86 said:

True, but he was Sunderland, so go figure.

I've come pretty close to getting sacked a few times. I tend to jump before I'm pushed though for fear of a damaged rep

Sunderland, is in their eyes, a big team and depending on when this was, I suspect that the board's expectations will still be very high, even if they are unrealistic:D

I play journeyman and know very well about this :brock:

Its not a tragedy at all! (of course if your save is not about to play 25 season in your favourite club or something like this)

After I sacked twice in next club I have much more experience and took 3th place in second season, moved to Sporting, won league and moved to Atletico where my salary was 11.5 mln euro p/y :rolleyes:

6 часов назад, axelmuller сказал:

It seems quite uncommon to be sacked in Football Manager

Nah its not a problem :D Especially if your board has patience 1/20 :thup: and resources 1/20 too :D:thup:

Sunderland were expected to get promoted from L1 last season but they didn't. They did however male the L1 Play-Off final against Charlton. The manager IRL kept his job but I suspect he had more managerial experience than what you detailed when you took them on

In addition you haven't told us what league position you agreed with the board when you accepted the role, perhaps this was implied as at start of FM19

I think a few FM people do get sacked and dont mention it, or scumsave/restore

Where in the league did you finish and for what season?

Speaking as a Sunderland supporter IRL (hence my avatar, homage to the great Gary Rowell, or "Lord Rowell" as he is known...)

Expectations from many of our fans are, quite frankly, nuts!

I think the current board (Dell takeover not withstanding) are quite grounded and reasonable, to a point, but ultimately they're under huge pressure from the supporters.

Far too many people calling for the manager Jack Ross's head, lack of appreciation of the turmoil the club has been through in recent years and that he pretty much has had to build a new squad from scratch.

Too much expectation of "divine right" to be in the Premiership, top half and so on.

Truth is we are where we are because we've been crap, badly run, and many other reasons.

So, back to the OP, yeah, expectations will be high and if you don't meet them quickly, expect the chop! :D

i think once you know what you're doing you usually over achieve on the clubs expectations. not that the games too easy more like we just know exactly what to do after so many years. i used to get sacked quite a lot in the older versions but its because i used to sign too many players at once and my team never gelled.

I've seen Jack Ross get sacked on FM19 a few times, usually they're in 3rd or 4th when it happens. If you're not walking the league with them, you will do well to keep your job. It's probably better to start with a team with less expectation and you'll have a greater chance of building something long term. 

One of the more "refreshin" sacking experiences I experienced a while back. Was doing alright until Midway through the Season, but then sold the team's captain Aytac Sulu off to Turkey (upon his own request). Obviously not a good move. Whilst I didn'T invest much into this save to Analyse, save for a couple bad matches, not overly much had changed from my end afterwards else, except for the results turned sour. You know -- in that pitifully few seconds actually deciding over winner / loser in a match of footie -- the Opposition would just score one more, my Forwards would bottle it one more. And this in sequence.

Then I got the sack. Whilst many Approach this as the end of the known FM world, rage-quit, log on to cry how difficult the game had become and Restart; I was reliefed that every once in a while, FM actually may for once have recreated that Football Managing experience a bit. If you have experience, sacking may be uncommon (unlike for the AI...) -- but without the prospect of failure, any success feels completely hollow in any game. Plus, if you'd know for dead 100000% certain how a save may Progress over the many Hours it takes .. there'd be no reason to start it in the first palce.

https://betweentheposts.net/palmeiras-sacking-scolari-extreme-case-of-football-flawed-decision-making-analysis-expected-goals/

Edited by Svenc

• 3 weeks later...

I avoid being sacked by resigning if from my view sacking is highly probale. I want to have the control over that and not pass it away to the §$%&§?Ä%&  board . There were some situations where I resigned for that, mainly because my reputation was low and I could not motivate the players. Their reactions were bad or not existend so I thought the case was lost.

In 2 cases I was sacked because the club dropped out of simulated leagues. In one of these cases I assume that I would have been sacked also under normal circumstances as I had to avoid relegation and failed. In the other case I had only to fight against relegation  and was relegated on the second last match day.

I got sacked by Salford on this current fm after a horrid time with injuries left me battling for a playoff spot when the board wanted automatic promotion, I thought it was a bit harsh as the players I had out injured, didn’t have long left and would have been good enough to spur my promotion push

On 19/09/2019 at 02:28, axelmuller said:

Just got sacked by Sunderland. What a refreshing experience.

It seems quite uncommon to be sacked in Football Manager. There are numerous examples of dominating the footballing world with clubs like Sheffield FC or Woking. Am I the only one besides @looping who has gotten the sack?

I know it sucks but lets be real its apart of the journey ! maybe push to take over Newcastle or a team in the same division and exact revenge