Scouting - very few reports created

As per the title - I never seem to be able to find many players via the Scouting Centre.  I don't understand what influences this however - how many reports do you get through the scouting centre?  And how do you set it up?

Background / Reputation

I'm playing as Celtic - it's the 2022/23 season and I'm off the back of a Champions League Semi-Final previous year and Quarter final the year before (plus domestic dominance).  In other words, the clubs reputation is growing - 3.5 stars / about 52nd highest in Europe (not huge) - as is Scotland's (now 8th in Europe in terms of Nation Club Co-Efficient).

I would expect this to mean more players would be found in the scouting centre - as higher reputation means more attractive to players.

Scouting Setup

In the Scouting Centre, I have the Scouting Responsibility set to "Manager".

I have 6 scouts assigned to

- UK and Ireland

- Central Europe

- Eastern Europe

- South Europe

- South America

- World Cup (usually Scandanavia)

image.thumb.png.48a1124df110c2fc3881d582e1025dd0.png

There's no restrictions at all on the scouting assignments - they are just on-going.

image.thumb.png.d3480a79e629492c708b29ab9d5ee910.png

The board themselves don't place any restrictions on Scouting Assignments.

I would expect to find more reports as there are no restrictions on the scouting.

Chief Scout

image.thumb.png.e90f87ca2d3b5167ad55356e56e3260e.pngimage.thumb.png.0965a04ef2c7029428e0b8f04b6b8d37.png

He has 17 for Adaptability, JPA and JPP.  I note he's not very determined (is this influential?)

Targeted Scouting

Now.... I do a lot of targeted scouting - e.g. getting reports on players from player search / from clubs I look at ad-hoc.

That I would expect to take away from the number of players found - but not to the extent I only find 3 in 16 months (e.g. Eastern Europe - only 3 reports since July 2021 - it's November 2022).

What should I be doing?

How can I find more players via the scouting centre?

Edited by celticfan
add chief scout details

Out of interest how many leagues do you have loaded? And what size DB are you using?

Good question regarding his low determination, this could be a factor in him actually getting out there and sending more reports back - this would be a nice tooltip to have explaining this number in context.

Do they only return those players interested in a transfer? Is this an additional condition we can add?

I have a large database and the following leagues

Scotland

England

France

Italy

Brazil

I have had others loaded in the past - Argentina, Norway for example.

Of the few reports returned most are interested in joining.

Again I would expect more reports returned given there are playable leagues in the scouted regions.

I think in general scouting reports have reduced. Report cards used to be exploited just to find sick players without even trying. Now it's more or less done weekly/monthly or per game/s. See if youre scouting on a weekly basis or per game. I found it useful to be specific to what you're scouting than a overall gauge. So pick the ability and potential and age, the more you narrow the more specific you can find what you want. The database technically has most players out there and you personally scout them. 

There's also an advanced option in top right in scouting centre based on where things go, like agent offering players out, updates etc. Try looking into that because some miss out or go to your inbox which makes it fiddly.