Jump to content
Sports Interactive Community
Neil Brock

Football Manager 2020 - The Arsenal Edition

Recommended Posts

What happens if you've already pre-ordered the normal edition, but now want the Arsenal edition? (I don't, just curious).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, stevemc said:

What happens if you've already pre-ordered the normal edition, but now want the Arsenal edition? (I don't, just curious).

It'd be a case of getting a refund from the retailer where you've originally purchased it (for instance Steam Refunds, FM Store Refunds) then re-ordering the Arsenal specific edition.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are down jacket and 4th place in the pack?

Edited by Novem9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, ferrarinseb said:

What's the Difference between standard edition and Arsenal edition? 

From the store page: "The officially licensed Arsenal Edition exclusively features the club crest, kits and the players’ faces, to give Arsenal fans the most authentic management experience possible. These features are not available in the Standard Edition." 

Edited by Elder

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Elder said:

From the store page: "The officially licensed Arsenal Edition exclusively features the club crest, kits and the players’ faces, to give Arsenal fans the most authentic management experience possible. These features are not available in the Standard Edition." 

Thanks for info :) 

It seems that they changed the squad status to star / Regular and Squad player. Will they be reflected in contract's or just be in Coach/ Scout reports is yet to see.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kandersson said:

Not sure I understand this. It' good that SI is looking to acquire more licenses and have real kits, faces etc though I'd expect they'd simply add those to the 'standard' game instead of releasing custom editions - maybe for multiple clubs? Don't see the point honestly.

£££

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm confused.. so the pictures and crest won't be in the normal FM edition ? Like before ?

I'm using facepacks but this is strange ? 

Please give me the Royal Antwerp Edition :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, mistuhg said:

£££

Sure, I just don't see it working... Last year the Bundesliga license was a nice addition and was correctly marketed as a 'new' feature of the game. It's not like people are buying the Arsenal edition and then maybe the Chelsea or Liverpool edition separately to get all the licensed kits, faces and logos. Especially with all the packs provided by the community. Or maybe it will work well. Chacun à son goût I guess.

Edited by kandersson

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is a bit strange that for roughly £10 extra (£35.99 vs €49.49) an Arsenal fan can have a crest, couple of kits and player faces just for that one club, but they still have to play in the “Euro Cup” and “Premier Division” against other clubs which have no logos or branding so it’s not much of a realism gain overall. And coincidentally all of those extras are available within the community for free.

 

It should just be part of the standard game for everyone to enjoy, like other licenses, still announce it as a new feature, just put the standard game up a £1 or so extra so it doesn’t impact the overall price too much and covers costs. Currently it’s only really an option for Arsenal supporting FM gamers, probably more as a collectible than anything, but for around £10 extra, it’s doesn’t shout value for money to me, if it was a Manchester United edition, it wouldn’t tempt me to pay it.

Edited by stevemc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That’s what I’m seeing... (not logged into Steam)

960D9696-C0D3-42BE-BCE6-678CFBBDABA6.png

ADD1E854-697D-46A5-A91F-B1CB0CF8F70B.png

Edited by stevemc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, bianconeri96 said:

Showing the same price for me between the 2 editions on the FMstore, €49.49.

Same here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, stevemc said:

That’s what I’m seeing... (not logged into Steam)

960D9696-C0D3-42BE-BCE6-678CFBBDABA6.png

ADD1E854-697D-46A5-A91F-B1CB0CF8F70B.png

You know Euros aren't pounds right? Brexit etc etc

I did the same thing at first, but if you change the store country to UK on the Arsenal edition it changes to £35.99

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, gunner86 said:

You know Euros aren't pounds right? Brexit etc etc

I did the same thing at first, but if you change the store country to UK on the Arsenal edition it changes to £35.99

Yes I know Euros ain’t Pounds, however the mobile site defaults to € when I try to buy the Arsenal edition (presumably that’s a bug) hence why when I converted €49 you get £44 at today’s exchange rate, which is roughly a £10 difference to the £35 standard edition £ price.

Even so, at the same price, it’s only really appealing to an Arsenal FM gamer with the inability to download extra add ons for all teams/leagues, or a collector of hard copies of the game. If the price is the same, begs the question as to why not try to make the license available to all purchasers of the FM game, not just Arsenal fans? Then they are not segregating an audience.

Then you’ll have a section of those Arsenal FM-gamers who will have already preordered are now left with a decision to stick with the standard edition or get a refund to re-purchase the Arsenal edition, potentially losing numbers against the Arsenal edition count.

Edited by stevemc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why not fix the license for the PL instead of just one team, how op will Arsenal be in this game now?

I know you can just download packs but if you want to play on the iPad thats not a possibilty. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, emil_sbn said:

Why not fix the license for the PL instead of just one team, how op will Arsenal be in this game now?

I'd imagine official licences for all Premier League clubs would be very, very expensive.

Official badges and player photos won't suddenly make Arsenal overpowered, if that's what you're fearing. SI have/had licences for Everton and Watford, yet those teams aren't dominating the PL every year in FM, are they?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, emil_sbn said:

Why not fix the license for the PL instead of just one team

They’ll be a whole host of reasons why they’ve not secured the full PL license, and I can’t imagine it would be easy to obtain or possibly even worth the initial outlay.

I do think the Arsenal license is actually a positive step forward however I also think it’s a negative that it’s only available to selected purchases, hopefully that’s not a sign of things to come in regards to licensing...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i'm confused now, anyone is able to buy Arsenal edition, no ? @stevemc

Also i hope that skin won't be purple, actually quite like fm19 one but i would like to see new colour.

Edited by dubaRA7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, dubaRA7 said:

i'm confused now, anyone is able to buy Arsenal edition, no ? @stevemc

Yes anyone can buy it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love the new navigation bar at the top of player/team pages etc. Looks fantastic! And the blur in title bar. Squad player/regular starter etc too. Looking good guys!
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If they have a special edition, which is more expensive than the standard one, does it mean they'll make editing club logos and kits more difficult? Otherwise I see no reason to overpay for a single club logo, kits and facepack when you can get all these (and not just for one club) for free.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Exius said:

If they have a special edition, which is more expensive than the standard one, does it mean they'll make editing club logos and kits more difficult? Otherwise I see no reason to overpay for a single club logo, kits and facepack when you can get all these (and not just for one club) for free.

Again. The price is identical.

And it doesn't change anything else about the game, including how easy it is to add other graphics packs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why someone has to buy "Arsenal Edition" or "Special Edition" when she/he can download face, kit packs etc for free? I don't understand SI..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Cadoni said:

Why someone has to buy "Arsenal Edition" or "Special Edition" when she/he can download face, kit packs etc for free? I don't understand SI..

Probably because SI can't officially comment on the use of facepacks, etc, given that those are all things that SI would have to license to use, and if it appeared that they were actively supporting it, rather than just allowing it, it might get them into agro with leagues/teams.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Appreciate they're trying something new, but with face and logo packs available there's no reason to buy this version.

Also no disrespect to Arsenal, but why them? Surely 1 of the Manchester teams would be more profitable and more likely to sell more copies?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think if it actually came with Arsenal 3D kits, advertising hoardings and their Emirates stadium within the match engine then they could be into something...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know this has caused some controversy, and I can see why, should be included in all versions, and boxed version just comes with Arsenal branding. However PES' version of the Arsenal Edition was £10 more and was just box art.

I believe there was an Arsenal Edition a number of years ago as well, which was just the same as this. Would rather see more features though, screenshots look very similar to last year so far.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, stevemc said:

I think if it actually came with Arsenal 3D kits, advertising hoardings and their Emirates stadium within the match engine then they could be into something...

Now this in particular would be interesting. Not sure it's likely, but if it was then I would go for this edition.

23 minutes ago, craiigman said:

I believe there was an Arsenal Edition a number of years ago as well, which was just the same as this

Yes they did. I think it was around 2009ish. I bought that because at the time I was buying all the boxed editions and it looked nice on my shelf.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 18/09/2019 at 14:09, Neil Brock said:

We're proud to announce that Football Manager 2020 - The Arsenal Edition is available now via the FM Store

 

How about a nice complimentary copy for us poor long suffering Nvidia owners who only got about 6 months out of FM19 before the graphics went up the swany & made us stop playing it...?

Come on Neil, you know it makes sense...!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bazlowski said:

How about a nice complimentary copy for us poor long suffering Nvidia owners who only got about 6 months out of FM19 before the graphics went up the swany & made us stop playing it...?

Come on Neil, you know it makes sense...!

I have an Nvidia graphics card and have had absolutely no problems with graphics on FM19.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I believe this sets a very bad precedent. What if other PL teams only allow their license to be used if they get their own edition? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, jcp1417 said:

I believe this sets a very bad precedent. What if other PL teams only allow their license to be used if they get their own edition? 

Then we’ll all just continue using the same kit, logo and face packs we already do...?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, gunner86 said:

Then we’ll all just continue using the same kit, logo and face packs we already do...?

well obviously, but i'm referring to the barrier that it would cause to get a full league license 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...