Solutions to horrifically boring football?

So results have picked up, I am still not great tactically but this thread has lead me to something. 

I am a pretty long time player of FM, started in 08 I think. I have always treated it a bit like a race, the matches themselves were simply a means to see what I was really into, the statistics and team building. I always played matches on either key highlights or commentary only. Well, holy hell playing on comprehensive highlights really does make it a different game. Now that one goal win isn't a crap result, I saw what a nightmare slog fest it was for the players and I fist pumped that one goal. Whereas on key or commentary only, that match is a "damn we suck" match. 

Anywho, ramble over. 

Good stuff!!!

Yeah, it's easy to think I'll bang through this game/ this month/ this season but it really does pay off watching as much as you can & taking your time, it's way more rewarding 

Once you pick up a good few wins & know how your team plays, then you can switch to extended or key & get through games that way, then if things aren't going well after half hour back to Full/Comp 

Last update! I went back to FM 18 in the end. I am loving watching more of the matches, but with that tactic on 19 is was just too much nothing. With tactic no matter what minor tweaks i made we just never clicked. Went on another 9 match scoreless streak and at the point i put it down had scored 11 from 33 played. It just wasn't any fun, it just turned into my WBs slamming crosses into their WBs for 90 minutes and could not figure out how to stop that. But on a truly bright note, comprehensive highlights is amazing and makes the game so much better. 

Thanks again all, you are all excellent!