Sports Interactive Community
Sign in to follow this  
rickardo360

Very Laggy Online Game

Hi all.

I am trying to play an online FM save with my friend. I am UK based, he is currently based in Japan.

I am hosting and have no performance issues. However, my friend has very slow response times to his inputs (e.g. switching between UI windows, selecting players etc) - he is sometimes getting 8 seconds delay. Note that when my friend plays single player he has no performance issues.

We have tried a number of suggested fixes such as clearing cache and adding FM19 to our anti-virus exceptions. We also tried running a much smaller database (4,500 players) which seemed to speed things up at first, but then the delay came back.

The issue is surely not just because we are playing cross-continent? We have been able to play other multiplayer games together fine.

Any suggestions?

There is a lot of data going backwards and fowards between you, with one of you as hosts and such a long distance it will eventually come to performance issues, not just the connection but also how good the PC's are will come into play.

If your friend has the better PC is might be worth him hosting the game and you joining him, as the PC which is hosting, is not just processing your game but partly his, as he sends data to yours to process and back again.

Games like COD etc, are not as hard on your memory as FM is.