Sports Interactive Community
Gross_Ballon

TIM CUP (Italy) Low Attendance for a cup final ? has any one seen this before.

Hey guys so my first time managing in Serie A in Italy and I just got this in my inbox. I made it to the final of the TIM CUP with Bologna vs Atalanta it will be held at the olimpico but its saying we are expecting almost a deserted stadium expecting 10k for both sets of fans cause of the neutral venue. I actually find it extremely neat but have never ever seen this in FM. 

Devon Jackson_  Inbox.png

Edited by Gross_Ballon

I never got such a message of a "deserted stadium" (LOL), however, I do find it very strange when finals get little or no attendance.

This recently happened to me while coaching Volta Redonda at the big final match of Brazilian National Division 3: the stadium was empty! Not only that was disappointing, it was just plain unrealistic.

it may be a combination of the 2 teams average home attendances in FM. FM researchers can set average attendances for previous year / average season ticket sales etc

These would then vary depending on success of club in FM.

Do you have the average home attendances for both clubs and home attendances for cup run matches at home?  Perhaps if you have relevant saves you should log as a bug

That seems to be a bug. I've been studying in Bologna for the past year, and there is no way only 10k go to attend them reaching the final.

On 09/09/2019 at 17:47, phd_angel said:

I never got such a message of a "deserted stadium" (LOL), however, I do find it very strange when finals get little or no attendance.

This recently happened to me while coaching Volta Redonda at the big final match of Brazilian National Division 3: the stadium was empty! Not only that was disappointing, it was just plain unrealistic.

Rite !! lol still managed 10k but seems low for a major cup final ! for both sets 

On 10/09/2019 at 12:21, theonets said:

That seems to be a bug. I've been studying in Bologna for the past year, and there is no way only 10k go to attend them reaching the final.

On 10/09/2019 at 11:10, MrPompey said:

it may be a combination of the 2 teams average home attendances in FM. FM researchers can set average attendances for previous year / average season ticket sales etc

These would then vary depending on success of club in FM.

Do you have the average home attendances for both clubs and home attendances for cup run matches at home?  Perhaps if you have relevant saves you should log as a bug

I get that but you would think a major cup final would draw a good crowd not 10k? 

@Gross_Ballon Oh i agree. Every man and his horse would declare they were a life long fan and go for a day out. Its worth raising as a potential bug if you have the pre final saves. I'm not sure to what extent it bases final attendance on club home attendance. Perhaps its to do with an Fm setting for the cup itself

As a test under a different save set it might be work holidaying for 12 months to see what attendance the final gets for a different set of clubs. Maybe check their average home attendance that season to see if there is any  connection?