The Trouble With Transfers

Hey all, just curious how everyone one is finding transfers within the game.

Personally I find them inconsistent at best and annoying and tedious at worst.

It seems that AI teams (in my experience anyway) seem to find it easier to get deals for players than I do. For example on a few of my saves Ajax will take nothing less than £40M for De Ligt (I was Man Utd) and yet on another save using the same database when playing as a lower league team they sold him to Arsenal for £27M.

Same type of thing has happened with other players and other clubs and it just seems that the AI always want more for a player from a human controlled club than they do from another AI club.

This also seems to be the case with selling players as the AI will very rarely pay over what a player is valued at.

All of this is just annoying but I think the biggest pain is trying to buy young players. Now I can understand a young player who is part of an international youth team being valued by the club at more than what they’re actual value is but why the hell is a 16 year old who hasn’t played a single game for a clubs u18s who is valued at 4K suddenly worth £3M to that club?

Its all so vexing and while this will not stop me from playing the game as it is another fantastic entry in the series it just becomes annoying when trying to build a lower league club. Also I must say that I’m not suggesting that we go back to how the series used to be where you could buy wonderkids for pennies but as I said being quoted £3M for a player who would only be classed as a decent National League player is ridiculous

Here's a partial answer:  clubs will often attach outrageous transfer prices to players they don't really want to sell.  It's one small step down the scale from "No way, we ain't selling Schmedlap, go away".  The thinking is that they don't want to sell him but if they attach a stratospheric price to his talented butt and somebody bites on it. well, ok, they make a fortune, they can find a replacement with all that cash and make a tidy profit as well.

5 hours ago, Zeonflux said:

All of this is just annoying but I think the biggest pain is trying to buy young players. Now I can understand a young player who is part of an international youth team being valued by the club at more than what they’re actual value is but why the hell is a 16 year old who hasn’t played a single game for a clubs u18s who is valued at 4K suddenly worth £3M to that club?

Why wouldn't they want big money for a young talent when a big team expresses interest?  It happens irl.  A 14 year old Sheyi Ojo cost Liverpool 2m from MK dons. Raheem Sterling reportedly cost 5m from QPR when he was 15 etc etc wether they've played youth games, first team games or not is irrelevant these days. Top young  talents are going to go for big money these days 

Il y a 6 heures, AytchMan a dit :

Here's a partial answer:  clubs will often attach outrageous transfer prices to players they don't really want to sell.  It's one small step down the scale from "No way, we ain't selling Schmedlap, go away".  The thinking is that they don't want to sell him but if they attach a stratospheric price to his talented butt and somebody bites on it. well, ok, they make a fortune, they can find a replacement with all that cash and make a tidy profit as well.

Yes except the offers represent sometimes more than the entire club is worth.

No semi pro teams turn down a 1 million bid irl.

58 minutes ago, Stevicus said:

Why wouldn't they want big money for a young talent when a big team expresses interest?  It happens irl.  A 14 year old Sheyi Ojo cost Liverpool 2m from MK dons. Raheem Sterling reportedly cost 5m from QPR when he was 15 etc etc wether they've played youth games, first team games or not is irrelevant these days. Top young  talents are going to go for big money these days 

Well I understand where your coming from but I’m the case I provided I would be managing Hereford FC in the National League and the player I was after was from Aalborg 

22 hours ago, FrazT said:

The whole transfer module is intensely complicated, but having said that, there are several areas of that module that do require some work.

Thanks for the response FrazT.

I wasn’t getting at the game or the transfers as a while more of just venting really.

i don’t tend to do lower league games but with my hometown club (Hereford FC) available in the game again I’d thought I’d give it a go and I’m enjoying the save just noticed the issues with trying to get players who are never going to play for their club but would be Key Players for me being priced at well well over their valuation. That and noticing transfers to other AI clubs can be very different to buying them yourself.

But it’s good to know that it’s at least noticed and acknowledged that it does need some improvement.....not a whole lot of changes but just some minor amendments