[FM20] Teams To Manage

BadAss88

On 29/04/2020 at 12:45, Ewan0404 said:

I am looking for a new save and I'm between La Liga and the bundesliga. 

I don't want Bayern, Dortmund, Real Madrid or Barcelona. 

So far I'm between Schalke, Bayer Leverkusen, RB Leipzig, Valencia, Atletico Madrid and Villareal. 

Any help on who to go would be much appreciated. 

On 30/04/2020 at 21:31, CR#7 said:

Atletico, Valencia , Leipzig are superb teams.

On 01/05/2020 at 01:00, Gee_Simpson said:

Has to be Leverkusen for me. 

I have already grown bored of Villarreal. 

Any suggestions in Italy, Spain or Germany with reasons why would be helpful. 

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

@Ewan0404 Again, I would definitely recommend Leverkusen.

They have a great young squad including Havertz, Bailey, Tah, Palacios and a few more. Unbelievably they have never won the Bundesliga in their history, losing it on the last day two times! They could have won the treble in 2002 and ended up winning nothing. 

I want to start (tonight) with a team from a special region (for example Bilbao from Basque or Ibiza from Balearen regio or a team from the island Madeira) with a story . Not a topteam but in the 2th level(third is also possible ). I'm looking to emulate the Basque policy to a team from a nice region :

Before i can start i have to search / find all the cities located in the region .. i have to give them a tag ( for example [Balearen]*City in the editor.

dc2045c6c8b00662f78bbf48165e8816.png

e2454bb1c04c242b2874f10c6e4b8ba2.png

By doing that i can create player search and scouting filters and i only have to select them once (by searching for the tag and select those cities) .

Rules are :

*Only sign players from that region.

*Or players homegrown from teams in that region.

*Sell / don't use all the players in the starting squad that are not born in the region OR i could choose to keep them till their contract run out. Or i can choose for using them till they retire / want to leave to add some realism.

I'm looking to emulate the Basque policy to a team from a nice region :

*A team with a story , not the biggest team from the region.

I thought about Ibiza (but they don't have any player from the Balearen in their first squad) , about Partrick Thistle (glasgow region) , about teams in Sardinia or Sicily but those regions are to big.

*A team with a few homegrown players because otherwise the challenge would be almost impossible.

*A team with lower expectations (not Bilbao for example).

*A relegation candidate in 1th tier or team in 2th or 3th tier.

*Region can't have more then 100-150 cities, otherwise the editing would take ages.

Edited by OlivierL

16 hours ago, OlivierL said:

I'm looking to emulate the Basque policy to a team from a nice region :

Been playing like this for 3 editions now, with moderate to low success. My biggest achievements came from playing in Banat in my native Romania, but was a bit harder in Italy or Spain.

My suggestions:

Spain 2 - Deportivo A Coruna (Galicia)

Spain 3 - Gimnastic de Tarragona (Catalunya)

Italy 2 - Crotone (Calabria)

Germany 2 - Bochum (Ruhr Region)

15 minutes ago, Muttley84 said:

Been playing like this for 3 editions now, with moderate to low success. My biggest achievements came from playing in Banat in my native Romania, but was a bit harder in Italy or Spain.

My suggestions:

Spain 2 - Deportivo A Coruna (Galicia)

Spain 3 - Gimnastic de Tarragona (Catalunya)

Italy 2 - Crotone (Calabria)

Germany 2 - Bochum (Ruhr Region)

Galicia is not that big to edit (151 cities) but i prefer Italy . Didn't thought about Calabria so thanks for the good option.

Edit : just noticed that their are +450 cities .. so would cost me a lot of time editing them

What do u think about Viitorul Constanta ? The fourth biggest region , close to the sea . With Hagi as their manager/owner and Popescu as Chairman. I could edit Hagi as HOYD and start with them? Only sign players from Constanta (only 43 cities i have to edit) and youth.  And my grand grandparents came from Romania , it would be some kind of tribute.

@Muttley84

Edited by OlivierL

2 hours ago, OlivierL said:

What do u think about Viitorul Constanta ? The fourth biggest region , close to the sea . With Hagi as their manager/owner and Popescu as Chairman. I could edit Hagi as HOYD and start with them? Only sign players from Constanta (only 43 cities i have to edit) and youth.  And my grand grandparents came from Romania , it would be some kind of tribute.

Not sure you will find a pool of players big enough there, surely around 50 its all you are going to get. But they do have some of the best facilities in the country. At the moment I am playing on the Romanian forum with just players from Bucharest and it is a bit easier.

Speaking of Italy, pretty sure not all the setlements in a region are actually in game. I usually went for the biggest 100 and that covers up pretty good the players pool (sure, you might miss some but on the long run doesnt mattet much). If you want to have them all, could always go for a smaller region like Umbria (Perugia) or Abruzzo (Pescara). 

I would be interested to read about your career either way u chose, as its similar to my struggles. Best regards!

4 hours ago, Muttley84 said:

Not sure you will find a pool of players big enough there, surely around 50 its all you are going to get. But they do have some of the best facilities in the country. At the moment I am playing on the Romanian forum with just players from Bucharest and it is a bit easier.

Speaking of Italy, pretty sure not all the setlements in a region are actually in game. I usually went for the biggest 100 and that covers up pretty good the players pool (sure, you might miss some but on the long run doesnt mattet much). If you want to have them all, could always go for a smaller region like Umbria (Perugia) or Abruzzo (Pescara). 

I would be interested to read about your career either way u chose, as its similar to my struggles. Best regards!

Thanks, your tips about choosing the biggest cities in a big region are very welcome but i picked Viiturol / North Dubruja only . I'm going to post about it later .

How is your game in Bucharest going, who are u playing ?

Edited the regions + added Hagi as a HOYD till 2030 :)

They have fantastic set of young players and facilities like u mentioned . I find 122 players +- 33 trained at viitorul if i do a quick search at the start of the game.

e7c889c2cc28d480c14e6c13f5d9d040.png

785cc3319fea37e416572dbe52cad916.jpg

Edited by OlivierL

5 hours ago, paulie135B said:

looking for a LA LIGA save, done A Madrid and Barca in fergie saves. Thinking Valencia or Sevilla

Both are clubs I like. Tbh I would just flip a coin between those two :D

Edited by Gee_Simpson

10 hours ago, Lambo95 said:

Looking for a mid table team in either France, Germany, Spain, Portugal or Holland with good youth systems and some half decent prospects that I can start developing straight away

Rennes come to mind and not mid table but i know from previous years FM, that Leverkusen get some great talent coming through.

Edited by smithy20

12 hours ago, Lambo95 said:

Looking for a mid table team in either France, Germany, Spain, Portugal or Holland with good youth systems and some half decent prospects that I can start developing straight away

Mainz

I'm looking to work myself up as a manager and would like to start on the 2nd, 3rd or even 4th tier of one of the following countries: England, Spain, Italy, Germany, France, Portugal, Belgium or Holland. Does anyone has fun suggestions?

6 hours ago, BadAss88 said:

I'm looking to work myself up as a manager and would like to start on the 2nd, 3rd or even 4th tier of one of the following countries: England, Spain, Italy, Germany, France, Portugal, Belgium or Holland. Does anyone has fun suggestions?

1860 Munich would be a good save imo as well as Kaiserslautern. 

8 hours ago, BadAss88 said:

Bastia-Borgo in France 3 - could you bring success to Corse?

Leiria in Portugal 3 - a huge stadium and a former first division club.

Monza in Italy 3 - you have Berlusconi as your owner.

Looking for a team in France, maybe. The team need be midtable, isch, and with patience to build the team upwards and with a pretty good youth facility and stabil economy. 

The team should also be in the top division

6 minutes ago, Hagginho said:

Looking for a team in France, maybe. The team need be midtable, isch, and with patience to build the team upwards and with a pretty good youth facility and stabil economy. 

Nantes, Nice, Rennes would be my choices.

4 hours ago, Hagginho said:

Sochaux are in the second tier but always develop a huge number of good young players.

I'm looking for a new save after I grew bored with my Roma one after winning every prize convincingly. I'm also planning another save for after, which will be a big team save until fm21 drops.

Germany: Dortmund (Knock off Bayern while keeping your young stars), RB Leipzig (Building history with them), Bayern (Rebuild them and get back home European glory.)

England: Manchester United (Rebuild and make them a force again), Manchester City (Youth challenge and give them a proper identity), Chelsea (Transfer embargo and a youth challenge as well), Arsenal (Make them a force again in general), Liverpool (Kinda just my annual save. Nothing else much.), Norwhich (Have some good prospects and seem interesting to turn into a topflight club using those prospects.)

Portugal: Porto (Try to dethrone Benfica. They have a less good youth than Benfica but Fabio Silva is a don.)

Spain: Real Madrid (Build your Galacticos. Take young promising players and turn them into stars.), Barcelona (Make use of La Masia and rebuild the first team.)

France: PSG (Home-grown/Youth challenge with Mbappe as the face.), Lyon (Maintaining their real life business model while also bringing in silverwork), Lille (Exciting prospects and it'll be interesting to see if it can be built on continuously.)

If anyone got any other clubs with challenges, I'd love to hear it. Open to suggestions.

Leverkusen!

On 23/05/2020 at 16:07, RVP32 said:

I'm looking for a new save after I grew bored with my Roma one after winning every prize convincingly. I'm also planning another save for after, which will be a big team save until fm21 drops.

Germany: Dortmund (Knock off Bayern while keeping your young stars), RB Leipzig (Building history with them), Bayern (Rebuild them and get back home European glory.)

England: Manchester United (Rebuild and make them a force again), Manchester City (Youth challenge and give them a proper identity), Chelsea (Transfer embargo and a youth challenge as well), Arsenal (Make them a force again in general), Liverpool (Kinda just my annual save. Nothing else much.), Norwhich (Have some good prospects and seem interesting to turn into a topflight club using those prospects.)

Portugal: Porto (Try to dethrone Benfica. They have a less good youth than Benfica but Fabio Silva is a don.)

Spain: Real Madrid (Build your Galacticos. Take young promising players and turn them into stars.), Barcelona (Make use of La Masia and rebuild the first team.)

France: PSG (Home-grown/Youth challenge with Mbappe as the face.), Lyon (Maintaining their real life business model while also bringing in silverwork), Lille (Exciting prospects and it'll be interesting to see if it can be built on continuously.)

If anyone got any other clubs with challenges, I'd love to hear it. Open to suggestions.

Hi everybody,

I'm looking for a lower league save but the team must have at least a 11-15 rating on youth facilities, junior coaching and youth recruitment. Don't care what country it is.

Only one stipulation. No teams that have fallen because of bad financial management i.e Kaiserslautern, 1860 Munich, Palermo etc.

If there are no teams in the lower reaches of any country that have those facilities, then I would take a team from a top league in a low reputation country.

Thanks in advance.

• 3 weeks later...
On 12.06.2020 at 15:27, 3rik said:

What are some interesting/funny teams to manage on the Balkans?

ıf you lookıng for big teams red star belgrade partizan dinamo rijeka hajduk seems nice and also u can make your own stars and make a glory attempt at european cups.U wıll win the league most lıkely but euro is something else for these teams.I have a dınamo save very good save for now

On 13/06/2020 at 22:25, dido53 said:

ıf you lookıng for big teams red star belgrade partizan dinamo rijeka hajduk seems nice and also u can make your own stars and make a glory attempt at european cups.U wıll win the league most lıkely but euro is something else for these teams.I have a dınamo save very good save for now

Yeah I have looked at all these teams but not found anything that made them stand out from each other. Might just pick a team and go with it then.

I am looking for a new save and I am looking for advice.

I am torn between Genk, Porto, Sporting Lisbon, Malmo and open to other suggestions from non top 5 leagues in Europe.

Any advice and reasons for choosing said team will help a lot. Thanks.

Having just bought the game (Yeah, very late for the party), I'm currently halfway through season one with AFC Ajax. My thought was, choosing a big team would make it easier to play with all the new features.

When my Ajax save finishes, I have a handfull of teams I really want to try out:

England: Derby

France: Montpellier

Germany: Werder Bremen

Spain: Valencia and Celta Vigo

Italy: Genoa and AC Milan

Edited by Gungner

CSKA Moscow (Rus)

Viktoria Plzen (Cze)

NK Lokomotiva (Cro)

Vojvodina (Ser)

Panathinaikos (Gre)

Groningen (Net)

Espanyol (Spa)

San Lorenzo (Arg)

Vasco da Gama (Bra)

Bucaramanga (Col)

1 hour ago, Gungner said:

I was thinking about Panathinaikos. Had a great save with them some 8 years ago. 

Does anyone know the rules about foreigners in the Greek League? (Non-EU, I mean). 

I've been considering Panathinaikos myself for a future challenge, and saved these images.

171558626_SuperLeague1_Rules1.thumb.png.bdbb1aa7c8215bd0a39add3dc193c9a4.png

814703165_SuperLeague1_Rules2.thumb.png.2b93be45ba9a1f85f587836794e62c79.png

2 minutes ago, Jogo Bonito said:

26 games for 14 teams. Fairly similar to Switzerland IIRC.

Yeah, I just thought there were more teams, or maybe the league broke into two, with more matches being played. 

3 minutes ago, Gungner said:

Yeah, I just thought there were more teams, or maybe the league broke into two, with more matches being played. 

Not that I know of. The images I took were more for foreign & EU rules so I guess there might be end of season shenanigans and I cut them off - but I don't think so. 

I've got similar pages for Turkey, Norway and Cyprus too if you're considering any of them. Plus I have parked games in Poland and Sweden where I could get the rule images if you ask very nicely :lol:

1 minute ago, Jogo Bonito said:

Not that I know of. The images I took were more for foreign & EU rules so I guess there might be end of season shenanigans and I cut them off - but I don't think so. 

I've got similar pages for Turkey, Norway and Cyprus too if you're considering any of them. Plus I have parked games in Poland and Sweden where I could get the rule images if you ask very nicely :lol:

Haha... I was only really thinking of Panathinaikos,  as I had a very fun save in Greece a number of versions ago... :p

2 minutes ago, Gungner said:

Haha... I was only really thinking of Panathinaikos,  as I had a very fun save in Greece a number of versions ago... :p

Well there you go then, case closed. Greek rules aren't that bad, it's harder with foreign player limits than non-EU limits in my opinion.

1 minute ago, Jogo Bonito said:

Well there you go then, case closed. Greek rules aren't that bad, it's harder with foreign player limits than non-EU limits in my opinion.

Agreed. But it's a nice challenge. You just can't sign brazilian wonderkid after wonderkid and so on. 

16 hours ago, Gungner said:

The league does break into two. Top 6 will play in the championship group while the bottom 8 will fight to avoid relegation. In both cases, teams will play the other teams in their respective group home and away.

On 15/05/2020 at 23:54, BadAss88 said:

Ipswich. Try to bring them back to the PL and overtake Norwich. It's a real challenge. No money, no sponsor income, high expectations, very good youth though. Having a lot of fun with it myself but it's going to be a process and the first 2-3 seasons are tough. But if you get to the PL, you can improve quickly.

1 hour ago, rafaelbenitez said:

The league does break into two. Top 6 will play in the championship group while the bottom 8 will fight to avoid relegation. In both cases, teams will play the other teams in their respective group home and away.

Thanks! Now Panathinaikos are definately a future save for me :)

Hi, I wan to start a new save and I'm between a big team of a non major league or a mid table team of a major league.

I was thinking in teams like Dinamo Zagreb, Dinamo Kiev, PSV or teams like Stade Rennais and Real Sociedad.

What do you think? Experiences managing any of these teams

21 dakika önce, Evita said:

Hi, I wan to start a new save and I'm between a big team of a non major league or a mid table team of a major league.

I was thinking in teams like Dinamo Zagreb, Dinamo Kiev, PSV or teams like Stade Rennais and Real Sociedad.

What do you think? Experiences managing any of these teams

ıf u lıke buıldıng your own stars sell them and raise again dinamo is great but they raid your players.easy in the legaue your maın goal is europe

Is there any sub-top teams that has some money to spend at the start of a save? In the region of £20 mil?

It doesn't seem any team has any money, even those marked as "Secure" under finances. I'm guessing you have to be Chelsea, Man Utd / City, PSG and so on, just to get a small penny.

Ajax starts with around £60 mil, but that amount drops significantly over the next seasons. 

15 hours ago, Gungner said:

Is there any sub-top teams that has some money to spend at the start of a save? In the region of £20 mil?

Your best options would probably be Dynamo Moscow, Genk or Salzburg who all shoul have around 20m Euro. Or Benfica a lot more around 60 but that might be to big of a club for your liking.

P.S. There's always China if you care for the league, 3-4 clubs with generous budgets.

1 minute ago, Muttley84 said:

Your best options would probably be Dynamo Moscow, Genk or Salzburg who all shoul have around 20m Euro. Or Benfica a lot more around 60 but that might be to big of a club for your liking.

P.S. There's always China if you care for the league, 3-4 clubs with generous budgets.

I guess it gets better in the second season onwards for the richer/bigger clubs... It just seems even the rich clubs start with under £20 mil (except Chelsea). 

But yeah, I guess it gets better. 

Hi need some help on picking a team. I Play on stadia (which suffers from a random bug which affects saving) and had a great save going with Warrington town, I was in the championship until it refused to save/load which has sort of ruined fm for me. I have been unable to get into a single save since. I’ve tried not playing for a week and tried various teams but I just can’t get into a save :(

Looking for a team in France, Italy or Spain. Either a second division side or a top division side that is expected to finish in the bottom half.

Looking for a team that got a good youth set up and some interesting young players. Contemplating Sochaux, Sporting Gijon and Bologna, would appreciate other recommendations

I'm seeking suggestions to either a Eastern European club with some nice youth prospects and perhaps some history, or an MLS club. I haven't tried the MLS before on FM. Is the draft at all manageable if you haven't tried it before?

On 04/07/2020 at 17:26, rafaelbenitez said:

In the Relegation group in Greece they only place once. The higher ranking teams get more home advantages.