Jump to content
Sports Interactive Community
BadAss88

[FM20] Teams To Manage

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Aizo4576 said:

Looking for a team to manage that has good potential. Minimum mid table in a top division, but happy with higher. A couple of good youngsters or one really good one, stable finances etc.

 

Any ideas? Want to be able to push in to Europe and compete in a decent time frame, so happy to go with a 'bigger' club too, had fun with an Arsenal save (team I support) at the start of the game, and my best save last year was Lyon.

Birmingham, with Jude Bellingham?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

İ will start with atalanta but im also looking for a premier league team and open to suggestions.after the last update i cant find the right tactic though.(top siz teams could be or mid table Euro league not Liverpool and City could be easy)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm tempted to start a new save with Monza (Serie C in Italy)

They're owned by Berlusconi (Former Milan Ac iconic President)

The club never experienced Serie A football, so you can build a legacy there

And the current squad seems more than capble to go straight in B

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Aizo4576 said:

Looking for a team to manage that has good potential. Minimum mid table in a top division, but happy with higher. A couple of good youngsters or one really good one, stable finances etc.

 

Any ideas? Want to be able to push in to Europe and compete in a decent time frame, so happy to go with a 'bigger' club too, had fun with an Arsenal save (team I support) at the start of the game, and my best save last year was Lyon.

I think Fiorentina fits the description well

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 22/02/2020 at 09:11, nico_france said:

I'm tempted to start a new save with Monza (Serie C in Italy)

They're owned by Berlusconi (Former Milan Ac iconic President)

The club never experienced Serie A football, so you can build a legacy there

And the current squad seems more than capble to go straight in B

Sounds interesting.. is Berlusconi pumping money into the club at all irl or in game?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Pablo Sanchez said:

everton

Probably need some context there chief...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Le 25/02/2020 à 13:30, Welshace a dit :

Sounds interesting.. is Berlusconi pumping money into the club at all irl or in game?

I dont know, and i did not check in the éditor, but i assume it should be the case

The squad you inherited is really solid 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Scotland - Kilmarnock.  Finished 3rd last year.  Will be a challenge to win the Premier League against Celtic and Rangers with a negligible transfer budget..

Edited by chuckle02

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 05/11/2019 at 21:39, OkMarius said:

Feel free to test the team I'm the researcher for, Egersund (Egersunds IK). The player squad is up to date, with updated PPMs, as well as youth players. Some small fixes (contracts etc) is coming for the official release date (hopefully).

It's one of the best teams in the Norwegian second divison, but they somehow never manage to achieve promotion, with two 2nd places, a 3rd, and a 4th in recent times.

The club has relatively good facilities and coaches, two of the very best strikers in the league (Markus Naglestad scored a record amount of goals this season, and Bob Sumareh somewhat of a legend in the division), so it probably won't be too hard to achieve promotion if a player manages them.

Big changes with Egersund in the last update if someone wants to try. They turned professional, which led to half the players leaving (since they have part time jobs), and lots of new players joining on fulltime contracts. Some local lads stayed behind luckily, and also the two star strikers Naglestad and Sumareh who are now on fulltime contracts. I also added sponsorship income, so the financial health of the club should be in a much better state now. (Something seems to have gone wrong though, as there's too much money in the club balance currently. So if you want it to be completely realistic go to the editor and remove a zero from the balance).

Edited by OkMarius

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 03/03/2020 at 05:17, OkMarius said:

Big changes with Egersund in the last update if someone wants to try. They turned professional, which led to half the players leaving (since they have part time jobs), and lots of new players joining on fulltime contracts. Some local lads stayed behind luckily, and also the two star strikers Naglestad and Sumareh who are now on fulltime contracts. I also added sponsorship income, so the financial health of the club should be in a much better state now. (Something seems to have gone wrong though, as there's too much money in the club balance currently. So if you want it to be completely realistic go to the editor and remove a zero from the balance).

I am always on the hunt for new saves ! checked it out seems pretty neat. first place with 21 points after 10 games. 

good transfers budget 

 

all we need now is some one to make the kits 

Edited by Gross_Ballon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Gents (and ladies if there are any lurking about) 

I'm looking for a long term save managing a team who are not necessarily the best in their league but in the top 3 or 4. League can't be an elite one and can't be AZ as I had a long term save with them in 19. Ideally want very good youth facilities and a little bit of money to bring in a few youngsters. 

Thanks in advance. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, RedJonnyBoy said:

Hi Gents (and ladies if there are any lurking about) 

How about Gent or Genk in Belgium. Pretty much thick all the boxes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, RedJonnyBoy said:

Hi Gents (and ladies if there are any lurking about) 

I'm looking for a long term save managing a team who are not necessarily the best in their league but in the top 3 or 4. League can't be an elite one and can't be AZ as I had a long term save with them in 19. Ideally want very good youth facilities and a little bit of money to bring in a few youngsters. 

Thanks in advance. 

Genk or Club Brugge in Belgium or LOSC (Lille) or Rennes in France, or one of the Danish sides just below Copenhagen in the rankings?

2 hours ago, Muttley84 said:

How about Gent or Genk in Belgium. Pretty much thick all the boxes.

I see what you did there (or am I giving you too much credit). I managed Gent in the past and it was enjoyable, but they had a better side in those days and thick in all the boxes could be dangerous. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm looking for a team, big or small were i'm going to focus on youngsters and the players nationality is the same as the club. England feels quite diffucult to keep only english players in but might be an interesting challenge. Germanys rule about not playing u-17 is quite boring I believe. Maybe some smaller country? I have thought about AZ or Ajax from reading about them in this thread but i'm not hooked yet. 

Any ideas? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I fancy starting a save with an upper midtable / European chasing side that has a reasonable but not vast budget to work with and some promising youngsters. Narrowed it down to:

Lyon
Lille
AZ

Any recommendations which one to go for?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, FulhamFc14 said:

I fancy starting a save with an upper midtable / European chasing side that has a reasonable but not vast budget to work with and some promising youngsters. Narrowed it down to:

Lyon
Lille
AZ

Any recommendations which one to go for?

I would pick Lyon, good challenge of getting above PSG and they have a great young team. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, 3rik said:

I'm looking for a team, big or small were i'm going to focus on youngsters and the players nationality is the same as the club. England feels quite diffucult to keep only english players in but might be an interesting challenge. Germanys rule about not playing u-17 is quite boring I believe. Maybe some smaller country? I have thought about AZ or Ajax from reading about them in this thread but i'm not hooked yet. 

Any ideas? 

Benfica, Sporting CP, Anderlecht, RC Genk, Dinamo Kiev, Fenerbahce, RB Salzburg, Sparta Praha, AEK Athene, Hajduk Split

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've started a Premier League game with Bournemouth. I wanted to develop a UK/Irish only team and they had the best means of achieving that quickly as their key players are mostly domestic (Cook, Brooks, Wilson - Ake and Lerma as the exceptions). No transfers first season so just went in as is - finished 10th which was a decent start, but we'll look to kick on.

Summer of 2020 saw a huge fire sale of players. Managed to get Arsenal to pay 50m for Ake and managed to get decent money for Billing, Lerma, King, Rico and Danjuma, etc. - all in all we managed to get 160m in! That was spent on the likes of Michael Keane, Holding, Chambers, Rico Henry, McTominay, Harry Wilson, Shelvey and some quality youngsters like Finlay Robertson and Giovanni Reyna! 

10 games into 20-21, we have 6 wins, 4 defeats = 18pts. If we can finish somewhere between 7th-10th, I'll be happy. European qualification would be amazing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are there any teams in the top 5 or 6 leagues in Europe who are an top half team with good transfer budget, players, etc (i.e. potential to kick on) but have never won their league?

I wouldn't mind doing a save like such trying to get a team to win their first domestic title, especially in the top leagues.

The one that springs to mind first is Bayer Leverkusen, but any other suggestions?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, essien_5 said:

Are there any teams in the top 5 or 6 leagues in Europe who are an top half team with good transfer budget, players, etc (i.e. potential to kick on) but have never won their league?

I wouldn't mind doing a save like such trying to get a team to win their first domestic title, especially in the top leagues.

The one that springs to mind first is Bayer Leverkusen, but any other suggestions?

Has to be Leverkusen! They have lost the Bundesliga on the last day twice.

Edited by Gee_Simpson

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been out of the world of football manager loop for quite a few years now (I think 2016 was the last I played with any real earnest). Can anyone recommend a good team to start with to get me back into the swing of things before I commit to anything a bit more long term? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Gee_Simpson said:

Has to be Leverkusen! They have lost the Bundesliga on the last day twice.

The other one I can think of is Atalanta but I think Leverkusen is the more intriguing option as they have a more sounder footing but will still be extremely difficult usurping Bayern and Dortmund.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, essien_5 said:

Are there any teams in the top 5 or 6 leagues in Europe who are an top half team with good transfer budget, players, etc (i.e. potential to kick on) but have never won their league?

I wouldn't mind doing a save like such trying to get a team to win their first domestic title, especially in the top leagues.

The one that springs to mind first is Bayer Leverkusen, but any other suggestions?

A great team to manage. Also, Rennes in France have never won Ligue 1 and Villarreal have never won La Liga. They both have great squads too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, jimbobBRFC said:

I've been out of the world of football manager loop for quite a few years now (I think 2016 was the last I played with any real earnest). Can anyone recommend a good team to start with to get me back into the swing of things before I commit to anything a bit more long term? 

I can recommend Chelsea. Transfer banned initially so you can concentrate on just the team and tactics. 

Good squad that should at least be pushing for the top 4 but also not too easy with Liverpool and City in the league and the strength of the Premier League in general.

Also could develop well into a long term save if you chose to as they have a good chunk of money once the ban ends and a glut of young talent to develop, most of which are good enough to play immediately.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, essien_5 said:

I can recommend Chelsea. Transfer banned initially so you can concentrate on just the team and tactics. 

Good squad that should at least be pushing for the top 4 but also not too easy with Liverpool and City in the league and the strength of the Premier League in general.

Also could develop well into a long term save if you chose to as they have a good chunk of money once the ban ends and a glut of young talent to develop, most of which are good enough to play immediately.

Cheers for the response :) Yeah I didn't fancy jumping in with a Liverpool or City purely because of the strength they already had. I want Leeds to be my more long term save, but just fancied something a little more short term to get myself back into it. 

Wow has the UI changed since I last looked :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, jimbobBRFC said:

Cheers for the response :) Yeah I didn't fancy jumping in with a Liverpool or City purely because of the strength they already had. I want Leeds to be my more long term save, but just fancied something a little more short term to get myself back into it. 

Wow has the UI changed since I last looked :(

It's my first save since FM13! So it will take a while to get used to everything. I'm going Man Utd.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, essien_5 said:

Are there any teams in the top 5 or 6 leagues in Europe who are an top half team with good transfer budget, players, etc (i.e. potential to kick on) but have never won their league?

I wouldn't mind doing a save like such trying to get a team to win their first domestic title, especially in the top leagues.

The one that springs to mind first is Bayer Leverkusen, but any other suggestions?

Southampton, West Ham, Atalanta, Parma, Villareal, RB Leipzig, Bayer Leverkusen, Hoffenheim, Rennes, Sporting Braga, Vitoria Guimaraes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I need a save guys! 

Can't get into anything at the moment and with the self isolation and quarantine need something to keep me occupied. 

I'm open to any team or league and any challenges or saves you've found interesting or that have caught your attention. 

No real criteria but I don't mind a fallen giant or rebuilding save.

Cheers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, someoneelse said:

I need a save guys! 

Can't get into anything at the moment and with the self isolation and quarantine need something to keep me occupied. 

I'm open to any team or league and any challenges or saves you've found interesting or that have caught your attention. 

No real criteria but I don't mind a fallen giant or rebuilding save.

Cheers

Why not try Budapest Honved in Hungary and get them to rule Europe as they should have in 50/60s?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Hi all, looking for an interesting team (I always need interest to get me hooked), with plenty of room to grow, capable of going from where they are to dominating Europe. They could be lower league where the challenge is rebuild or could be top flight where they need to topple a giant/rival. So far I've picked out Bari, Kaiserslautern, FC St. Paul, Magdeburg, Grasshopper Club Zurich, Panathinaikos, FC Lausanne-Sport, Lusitânia Lourosa... Does anyone have any to add or suggestions based on their experience?

Edited by mj_1985

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

im tempted to start a U.D Almeria save in LaLiga2 , they have a sugar daddy owner, but listed as willing to listen to offers, whats the deal with this, will he just sell up? and is he looking to sell irl

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 22/02/2020 at 04:11, nico_france said:

I'm tempted to start a new save with Monza (Serie C in Italy)

They're owned by Berlusconi (Former Milan Ac iconic President)

The club never experienced Serie A football, so you can build a legacy there

And the current squad seems more than capble to go straight in B

Plus they have Monza F1 once a year !! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am looking for a team in a league outside the top leagues (holland, belgium,croatia,romania f,ex)
I want a mid /lower mid table team with rather poor players, but still enough cash to buy scandinavian talents (2-5mill £ transfer budget f.ex) and low expectations so I can afford to let the talents play.

I dont want the team to be so bad that challenging for European football is completely unrealistic, I really wanna be able to push for that last EL qual place if we overperform.

It would be nice if it was a former big team gone bad, so they have a decent stadium or good facilities.

I've been looking at Groningen,Willem II, maybe even Twente, fits the criteria but their players may be just too good for the young scandinavian talents to claim a place.

Also Romanian and Croatian football leagues seemed completely void of money, how much could/should I expect to sell my best talents for if I choose a side there?

Any input to help me choose would be greatly appreciated! A bit tired of just playing my regular teams, and getting success too early.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, zindrinho said:

Also Romanian and Croatian football leagues seemed completely void of money, how much could/should I expect to sell my best talents for if I choose a side there?

Having played in Romania each year it's not so bad as it seems. In the first seasons best players generally leave for 2-3 millions, but each year this can increase with European performance. My top sale was 15 mil.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lincoln City is an interesting challenge. A team that has had a quick rise out of non league into League 1 and is having to adjust to this. FA Cup run from a few years ago means that they have some money, but not enough to compete with some of the bigger clubs in the league.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pomorie (Bulgaria) might be the most difficult club in the world to manage. I started unemployed and vacationed to November to find a team in peril of relegation to fix. Pomorie only had 1 point from their first 15 matches and were looking for a new manager. 
 

The problem is finances. You can see that they are way over budget, and basically have no budget anyway. I thought I could fill the team out with loans. Player search turned up many players listed for loan but NONE of them were willing to come to our club even though they came up in the interested in loan search (which SI ought to fix). 
 

Really Pomorie should become an amateur club, but that’s not something I can change in FM Touch. As a professional club any amateur player I approached wanted to be paid to play for us. 
 

So there is no way for us to add players. And we don’t even have enough players to fill the 7 spots on the bench. There’s only 1 goalkeeper at the club; if he’s injured that’s the end. 
 

Are you up for the ultimate Pomorie challenge?!?

 

 

FFAD033C-0FCF-4517-BA30-2AA49843C1FF.png

4536D16A-8DA9-46D3-AC79-360F2191A827.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any team recommendations for director of football challenge? Preferably a team from top league with good dof and at least some money for him to burn.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am looking for a new save and I'm between La Liga and the bundesliga. 

I don't want Bayern, Dortmund, Real Madrid or Barcelona. 

So far I'm between Schalke, Bayer Leverkusen, RB Leipzig, Valencia, Atletico Madrid and Villareal. 

Any help on who to go would be much appreciated. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 22/03/2020 at 19:57, dothestrand said:

I've started a Premier League game with Bournemouth. I wanted to develop a UK/Irish only team and they had the best means of achieving that quickly as their key players are mostly domestic (Cook, Brooks, Wilson - Ake and Lerma as the exceptions). No transfers first season so just went in as is - finished 10th which was a decent start, but we'll look to kick on.

Summer of 2020 saw a huge fire sale of players. Managed to get Arsenal to pay 50m for Ake and managed to get decent money for Billing, Lerma, King, Rico and Danjuma, etc. - all in all we managed to get 160m in! That was spent on the likes of Michael Keane, Holding, Chambers, Rico Henry, McTominay, Harry Wilson, Shelvey and some quality youngsters like Finlay Robertson and Giovanni Reyna! 

10 games into 20-21, we have 6 wins, 4 defeats = 18pts. If we can finish somewhere between 7th-10th, I'll be happy. European qualification would be amazing.

did you have financial issues to start the save? Seems like Bournemouth is in really rough shape to start the game with overpaid players and bad bank balance. Seems like Bournemouth is quiet a challenge.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 29/04/2020 at 14:45, Ewan0404 said:

I am looking for a new save and I'm between La Liga and the bundesliga. 

I don't want Bayern, Dortmund, Real Madrid or Barcelona. 

So far I'm between Schalke, Bayer Leverkusen, RB Leipzig, Valencia, Atletico Madrid and Villareal. 

Any help on who to go would be much appreciated. 

Atletico, Valencia , Leipzig are superb teams.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 29/04/2020 at 12:45, Ewan0404 said:

I am looking for a new save and I'm between La Liga and the bundesliga. 

I don't want Bayern, Dortmund, Real Madrid or Barcelona. 

So far I'm between Schalke, Bayer Leverkusen, RB Leipzig, Valencia, Atletico Madrid and Villareal. 

Any help on who to go would be much appreciated. 

Has to be Leverkusen for me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, CR#7 said:

Atletico, Valencia , Leipzig are superb teams.

 

8 hours ago, Gee_Simpson said:

Has to be Leverkusen for me. 

I decided to go with Villareal before any of you replied. 

Thanks anyway. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thinking of starting a save in South America. I don't know too much about the leagues, but would like to manage one of the bigger teams with some exciting players to start with. Any suggestions?   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, silentwars said:

Thinking of starting a save in South America. I don't know too much about the leagues, but would like to manage one of the bigger teams with some exciting players to start with. Any suggestions?   

Velez Sarsfield, Gremio, Penarol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Ewan0404 said:

 

I decided to go with Villareal before any of you replied. 

Thanks anyway. 

I don't mean anything by this just incase it comes across wrong. But I find it funny out of the options we suggested you picked the only one not mentioned :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Gee_Simpson said:

I don't mean anything by this just incase it comes across wrong. But I find it funny out of the options we suggested you picked the only one not mentioned :lol:

Technically there was Schalke as well 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Ewan0404 said:

Technically there was Schalke as well 😂

Damn, skimmed over them :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...