Sports Interactive Community
Sign in to follow this  
Stewart1111

Fix The Game!! Football Manager 2020

I'm getting a little tired of whenever I try to sell a player all of the AI managers will offer me the exact same amount. It's like the AI managers contact each other before they place the exact same bid. There needs to be a huge change in the way AI managers bid for a player. I'll try to sell a player and amazingly I'll receive about 8 offers all the same (even clubs from different countries) £4.6 million plus 15% sell on fee, and £500,000 after the player has played 20 games. You would think the makers of this game would have noticed this and changed it to be a little more realistic.

The reason I sound annoyed is because I am. I just think when you have an amazing and huge game like the Football Manager series, there's things in the game that make me think "why hasn't that been fixed yet, it would be so easy to fix it." having a vast range of different offers for players is something that can be easily fixable. More details in International management is something that can be easily fixable, it's not changed since 2007. In fact, we've lost more features in International management if anything. Why training doesn't exist in International management I'll never know. Players don't stop training when they go on International duty. I had a World Cup save, but I couldn't reach the Semi finals because all my players fitness was at 60-70% because I was unable to train them, while the players from other nations were all at 99-100% because AI managers were able to train them I assume, or after a match they automatically went to full fitness. Just ruins the game for me when I see stupid things that should be fixed. Why do throw ins never/rarely go to the opponent players? Why do my back up players keep demanding game time? You signed a contract as a back up player. I'll play you when I need you. If anything, they should be requesting loan moves to get game time, why sign a back up contract if they're going to demand game time every 2 months. Why are all the replays of goal line technology never a goal? Why can you only 'shout' once every 15 minutes in match time? Do real life managers shout at there players once every 15 minutes? I don't think so. Why is there no real relationship between you and your coaches? What's the point in giving me a salary if I can't do anything with it? Coaching badges, going on holiday (when you go on holiday for a certain amount of days you have to pay from your salary, if you go on holiday for even longer, weeks/months you need to pay even more) language courses if working in another country, hire a personal assistant (PA) able to hire and fire them. What's the point in working with a Director of Football if you can hire or fire them whenever you want? Since when were managers allowed to hire/fire Directors of Football? The board/Chairmen decide this. Not the manager. Managers don't run the whole club. Why is there no pep-talk before a penalty shootout? Why do players not put themselves forward for taking a penalty, or players deciding they don't want to take one?

Forget about changing the background colour of the game, or worrying about fonts, or adding even more questions in press conferences because the majority of people just skip it all together. Forget about all the little things and sort out the things that will make the game that much better. 
If a trailer comes out soon and the first thing I hear is "For Football Manager 2020 we have added 5 new skins for you to choose from" I'll be canceling my pre order. I've been loyal for years, but I can't keep paying for a new game every year when the changes I wish to see are never fixed. I'm not saying the game has never changed, of course it's changed, but many of the real life aspects of things in the game have NEVER been fixed. 

So I presume that all of these feature requests have been put onto the feature requests forum, and the bugs onto the bugs forum, aye?

1 minute ago, forameuss said:

So I presume that all of these feature requests have been put onto the feature requests forum, and the bugs onto the bugs forum, aye?

If a mod wants to move it to another forum they can do it. I'll post where I see fit.

6 minutes ago, Stewart1111 said:

If a mod wants to move it to another forum they can do it. I'll post where I see fit.

That's not what I'm saying.  Just you spend the time writing a long post that mentions a number of features you'd like to see, and a number of bugs you question why they haven't been fixed yet.  If you haven't put these particular things - especially the bugs - in the forum where it actually matters, then you may as well not have bothered.  None of them are in any way actionable from an investigation perspective, let alone fixing.

I have often wondered why the offers from all of the AI teams are the same in each edition of the game and why it hasn't been addressed.  I thought perhaps it was because the AI knows the PA and CA of each player therefore calculates their offer accordingly.  It certainly feels like the game is against one AI player as opposed to multiple AI players when you receive offers from 10+ clubs of £7.75m, + £1m after 30 games with 20% sell on for a player rated at £10m!

5 minutes ago, shamrock said:

I have often wondered why the offers from all of the AI teams are the same in each edition of the game and why it hasn't been addressed.  I thought perhaps it was because the AI knows the PA and CA of each player therefore calculates their offer accordingly.  It certainly feels like the game is against one AI player as opposed to multiple AI players when you receive offers from 10+ clubs of £7.75m, + £1m after 30 games with 20% sell on for a player rated at £10m!

True, that's the thing that annoys me most, it's the same in every edition. A series they've been making for well over 15 years shouldn't have this sort of nonsense. I just want a huge variety of offers, seems to be too much to ask for though. I could write a dozen paragraphs of all the things that could be easily fixable. I don't hate the game, I love many aspects of it, but there's just as many aspects of the game that need some realism input into it.

3 hours ago, Stewart1111 said:

Forget about changing the background colour of the game, or worrying about fonts, or adding even more questions in press conferences because the majority of people just skip it all together. Forget about all the little things and sort out the things that will make the game that much better.

QFT. FFS, SI needs to start fixing important gameplay issues and stop adding pointless and broken new features like social media, press conferences, fans interactions and etc every year as marketing gimmicks.

In real life word gets round pretty quick what has been offered so it would make sense for an FM AI manager to offer the same or similar. teams will always start low. If you are offloading him then its likely he hasn't been playing. If you dont want him why would anyone else want to pay top dollar? If he is at the top of his game then I'm sure interested teams will have flexibility so negotiate with them

As a selling club your valuation will always be higher than a buying club

1 hour ago, MrPompey said:

In real life word gets round pretty quick what has been offered so it would make sense for an FM AI manager to offer the same or similar. teams will always start low. If you are offloading him then its likely he hasn't been playing. If you dont want him why would anyone else want to pay top dollar? If he is at the top of his game then I'm sure interested teams will have flexibility so negotiate with them

As a selling club your valuation will always be higher than a buying club

Really?  Are you sure?  Clubs don't share their EXACT bid with their rivals.  Why would they?!

In the real world the valuation of a bid differs from club to club according to multiple different variables specific to each club.  

I am fairly certain that in the real world it is highly unusual for a club to receive EXACTLY the same offer from MULTIPLE clubs on the SAME DAY (it can happen if there is a minimum release clause but it's not the norm). 

FM example, a player worth £20m with an asking price of £25m receives offers of £14.25m from 15 different clubs on the same day.  These clubs range from the richest in Europe with huge budgets to clubs that can only just afford the player.  Would you not expect some variation in the offers, even if it was by only a small amount?  In the real world, whereby multiple clubs are after the same player, the rich clubs would offer close to what the player is worth (or more if they really want him) whilst those clubs that can only just afford the player would offer less.  The offers may also be structured differently dependant on many factors (i.e. one club offers all upfront whereas another offers staggered payments). If there was only one club after the player then you may have an element of low balling at the start with a negotiation given the lack of buyers however that's a different matter to what is being discussed.

8 minutes ago, shamrock said:

Really?  Are you sure?  Clubs don't share their EXACT bid with their rivals.  Why would they?!

In the real world the valuation of a bid differs from club to club according to multiple different variables specific to each club.  

I am fairly certain that in the real world it is highly unusual for a club to receive EXACTLY the same offer from MULTIPLE clubs on the SAME DAY (it can happen if there is a minimum release clause but it's not the norm). 

FM example, a player worth £20m with an asking price of £25m receives offers of £14.25m from 15 different clubs on the same day.  These clubs range from the richest in Europe with huge budgets to clubs that can only just afford the player.  Would you not expect some variation in the offers, even if it was by only a small amount?  In the real world, whereby multiple clubs are after the same player, the rich clubs would offer close to what the player is worth (or more if they really want him) whilst those clubs that can only just afford the player would offer less.  The offers may also be structured differently dependant on many factors (i.e. one club offers all upfront whereas another offers staggered payments). If there was only one club after the player then you may have an element of low balling at the start with a negotiation given the lack of buyers however that's a different matter to what is being discussed.

They dont share it on purpose but often word gets round. Lots of players sold have undisclosed fees but the figures agreed are always in the papers. An agent may confirm the potential fee to get more clubs interested, to identify one with prepared to pay the largest agent fee or to get the player the highest salary

A players "worth" and the asking price you have set is not necessarily going to be the price a potential purchasing club wants to pay

18 minutes ago, MrPompey said:

They dont share it on purpose but often word gets round. Lots of players sold have undisclosed fees but the figures agreed are always in the papers. An agent may confirm the potential fee to get more clubs interested, to identify one with prepared to pay the largest agent fee or to get the player the highest salary

A players "worth" and the asking price you have set is not necessarily going to be the price a potential purchasing club wants to pay

I'm sorry but I think you've missed the point with regard to multiple clubs on FM offering exactly the same amount for a player, it's not remotely realistic.

I've not missed the point but you are entitled to your opinion. Reject the bids or renegotiate them

In game Im sure there are a number of factors that contribute toward a players value including form, age, contract remaining, positional age peak. I expect the game is without emotion and desperation that we see in real life

The OP hasn't detailed any real evidence as yet, perhaps when we see this we may have a better view 

4 minutes ago, MrPompey said:

The OP hasn't detailed any real evidence as yet, perhaps when we see this we may have a better view 

I don't need to detail anything, play the game and you'll understand the point. You're just being facetious. Are you denying everything what @shamrock just said in the previous comment? Because everything he just stated is true. He's told you when Al managers bid on your player they all bid the exact same amount and on the same day. This isn't an opinion, it's an undisputed fact. This is what happens in the game. Clubs don't do this in real life, period. Put it bluntly, the system for how AI managers bid on players is complete hogwash! Anyways you can convince yourself it's perfectly fine and this is how it should be but you won't convince me of that because it has zero realism to it at all.

LOL - You carry on pal :D You'll see how welcome your attitude here is which could be a shame as you may have a point

19 minutes ago, MrPompey said:

I've not missed the point but you are entitled to your opinion. Reject the bids or renegotiate them

In game Im sure there are a number of factors that contribute toward a players value including form, age, contract remaining, positional age peak. I expect the game is without emotion and desperation that we see in real life

Unfortunately you have missed the point.  It's irrelevant whether a club offers a low amount and then negotiates.  The point is would you expect multiple clubs that are supposed to be independent from one another to offer EXACTLY the same amount for a player regardless of the players value or asking price?

Perhaps my previous example wasn't clear so please let me know if you believe this would happen in real life:

Player value: £20m

Asking price: £25m

Transfer offers:

Liverpool £16.750m

Man City £16.750m

Arsenal £16.750m

Chelsea £16.750m

Sheff Utd £16.750m

Norwich City £16.750m

Napoli £16.750m

Real Betis £16.750m

PSG £16.750m

Dortmund £16.750m

Ajax £16.750m

Benfica £16.750m

ahhh now we are getting somewhere, this is a good example. Do you have saves just before the bids get made?

20 minutes ago, MrPompey said:

ahhh now we are getting somewhere, this is a good example. Do you have saves just before the bids get made?

I don't have any saves just before the bids were made as I've just accepted this as a "feature" of FM over the years.  However, it struck me as an issue when I saw the original post.  It's not a difficult issue to find, just select any FM game from the past few years and offer a player for transfer and you'll probably see plenty of examples.  I think it occurs more often when you are a good few seasons into the game.

The issue with International's is also very frustrating as it feels like human players are at a disadvantage vs the AI due the fitness issue which has existed on every version of FM I've played.

1 hour ago, MrPompey said:

Happens every save for me as well

31 minutes ago, shamrock said:

I don't have any saves just before the bids were made as I've just accepted this as a "feature" of FM over the years.  However, it struck me as an issue when I saw the original post.  It's not a difficult issue to find, just select any FM game from the past few years and offer a player for transfer and you'll probably see plenty of examples.  I think it occurs more often when you are a good few seasons into the game.

The issue with International's is also very frustrating as it feels like human players are at a disadvantage vs the AI due the fitness issue which has existed on every version of FM I've played.

If you have the saves then if the issue gets reviewed and fixed then its easier to retest

Its worth taking the saves as this would be a good thing to highlight for FM20. In fact when the pre-release version is available see if you can recreate at the start if the game before the window closes. That would be a great issue to have proof and saves for

I don't mean to be rude, but are you serious?

Asking for a prove about the same bill fact is like asking for a prove about the presence of the ball in football.

I cannot believe you never see that.

Personally i didn't open a thread in bug forum 'cause It Is a so obvious fact that (and here i disagree with OP) the reason SI keep that is to improve that situation they have to re-think and boost AI in a way that they cannot do now.

There are several areas of the transfer market that currently need some work and they have been reported already.

11 hours ago, FlorianAlbert9 said:

I don't mean to be rude, but are you serious?

Asking for a prove about the same bill fact is like asking for a prove about the presence of the ball in football.

I cannot believe you never see that.

Personally i didn't open a thread in bug forum 'cause It Is a so obvious fact that (and here i disagree with OP) the reason SI keep that is to improve that situation they have to re-think and boost AI in a way that they cannot do now.

No offence taken. 

I'm a believer in taking action to get something done. If you wait for something to happen then it may not or it will take time if you do nothing

I expect SI would confirm if they have too many people reporting an issue and have more than enough saves. Having it formally raised in the latest FM version can only be a good thing right?  Its also not just about reporting an issue its sometimes about detailing what you would like to see instead e.g. what is it that would be more like realism and how this should be shown in the FM world

I'm sure SI have their own plans on what to fix/enhance but if a lot of people complain about the same issue then who knows, maybe that brings a tighter focus to a specific issue

24 minuti fa, MrPompey ha scritto:

No offence taken. 

I'm a believer in taking action to get something done. If you wait for something to happen then it may not or it will take time if you do nothing

I expect SI would confirm if they have too many people reporting an issue and have more than enough saves. Having it formally raised in the latest FM version can only be a good thing right?  Its also not just about reporting an issue its sometimes about detailing what you would like to see instead e.g. what is it that would be more like realism and how this should be shown in the FM world

I'm sure SI have their own plans on what to fix/enhance but if a lot of people complain about the same issue then who knows, maybe that brings a tighter focus to a specific issue

I understand your point. 

But I think that is a choice by SI for technical reason (eg. Making different offert means to have different ai behavior that means more workload on cpu) so soon or later we will have this fixed (i think when SI Will see that the most of ours pc could do It)