Football Manager 2020 - Out 19th November 2019

• Replies 598
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Kind of expected a slightly later release as it took a while for them to give a date.

It doesn’t bother me though, I’m enjoying my final fm19 save, so gives me an extra week or 2 on that.

I don’t get people moaning about it, it will be released when it’s ready, as I’m sure they would be the 1st to moan if it was released early with loads of bugs and issues.

7 minutes ago, sedge11 said:

I don’t get people moaning about it, it will be released when it’s ready, as I’m sure they would be the 1st to moan if it was released early with loads of bugs and issues.

Really? That doesn’t sound like anyone around here... :onmehead:

I’m with you though, probably means an extra FM19 season for me

12 minutes ago, sedge11 said:

Kind of expected a slightly later release as it took a while for them to give a date.

It doesn’t bother me though, I’m enjoying my final fm19 save, so gives me an extra week or 2 on that.

They'll moan before, during and after the release. 

I would have thought it fairly obvious that it is Google Stadia that is making it so late. Google wont want the game releasing 2 weeks before their 'console' comes out as people would buy it on PC otherwise. They want to maximise sales on Google, which is fair enough.

Happy with the release date personally as it gives me a chance to continue my FM19 save which is getting very interesting. Plus it also means I won't need to worry about the Beta getting in the way of some very important dates in my diary.

19th is fine, expected a slightly later release this year to be honest given the way the announcements have been made. Just gives SI two weeks less to get the inevitable first patch out before the Christmas holidays.

Edited by stevemc

7 hours ago, XaW said:

Genius-meme.png

They have had all year ? But a date is a date I guess . Hope the game is actually ready by then . Hope we get a lot more info before it's release too instead if this Twitter stuff . This is there forum yet nothing is being said by SI unless your on Twitter.  

Edited by prot651

It seems people have been acting in a silly manner on twitter as well. When I saw it was a slightly later release date, I had a feeling there would be a lot of bad behaviour over such a minor thing and I was sadly proved right. With all thats going on in the world, why be so upset that you have to wait a week and a half later to play a game? 

5 minutos atrás, decapitated disse:

It seems people have been acting in a silly manner on twitter as well. When I saw it was a slightly later release date, I had a feeling there would be a lot of bad behaviour over such a minor thing and I was sadly proved right. With all thats going on in the world, why be so upset that you have to wait a week and a half later to play a game? 

Do people abuse? Yes.

Do I trust the size of the complaint of someone that would start complaining with you if you sneezed? I'm sorry, I shouldn't. Just like people who have problems interacting with other people shouldn't be in social networks, imo.

Edited by 99

2 minutes ago, 99 said:

Do people abuse? Yes.

Do I trust the size of the complaint of someone that would start complaining with you if you sneezed in a slightly different way than his code of conduct? I'm sorry, I shouldn't. Just like people who have problems interacting with other people shouln't be in social networks, imo.

Miles generally gets a lot of abuse all the time on twitter, so what it must have had a significant uptick in the amount for him to get upset over it. I'm not going to pretend he's all sweetness and light, in some of his replies at times but he has a point in this instance. Why send anyone any abuse at all, let alone over something so pointless? As he himself says, FM fans are lucky that someone of his seniority is so active on social media to regularly interact with, with a game of this size. 

Whatever happened to the basic manners of treating others they way that a person would like to be treated themselves? 

I just don't understand some people. Do they they really think that abusing someone is really going to benefit them in the long run?

My partner's company has what they call an idiot tax... If a customer comes in with a bad attitude, they will automatically inflate the sales price. The owner said he'd rather lose a sale than have have his staff have to put up with idiots who don't have basic manners and respect. 

Sorry for the rant. It's a bit of a touchy subject, as I happen to know someone that committed suicide recently due to online abuse. 

Edited by DementedHammer

6 minutes ago, Barkermush said:

Yep it's a much later release date than usual, but I find it stranger that it's not the usual Thurs/Friday release date.. 19th is a Tuesday.

I'd say it's because google stadia will launch november 19, and FM will be one of their launch games. Basically, it was google call... of course it's only speculation :D

1 hora atrás, DementedHammer disse:

Whatever happened to the basic manners of treating others they way that a person would like to be treated themselves? 

I just don't understand some people. Do they they really think that abusing someone is really going to benefit them in the long run?

My partner's company has what they call an idiot tax... If a customer comes in with a bad attitude, they will automatically inflate the sales price. The owner said he'd rather lose a sale than have have his staff have to put up with idiots who don't have basic manners and respect. 

Sorry for the rant. It's a bit of a touchy subject, as I happen to know someone that committed suicide recently due to online abuse. 

I know this is complete off-topic, but everyone dealing with digital need to know the difference between who type and who is face to face. And need to know how the social life (with it's positives and negatives) operates in Twitter, in Facebook and other platforms. Each platform is a different social experience (again, with positives and negatives) and as everyone can guess this is a subject that could be (and actually is) expanded into long conversations and books are literaly written about it. 

Bottom line is: it's not for no reason that professionals specialized in PR, specificaly in social networks, do exist. Any decent company that operates online needs to have those professionals, or at very least someone that knows really well how each of those social networks, work. If not... I mean, I have no doubt that Miles's behavior, one day, will bite SI back. Which is a shame because his work in FM is being fantastic, I say this with all honesty.

I'm also truly sorry that your friend took his life because of online abuse. It's ofcourse understandable that this is a sensible subject to you and I hope you don't regard my opinion as any offensive.

Edited by 99

8 hours ago, 99 said:

I'm also truly sorry that your friend took his life because of online abuse. It's ofcourse understandable that this is a sensible subject to you and I hope you don't regard my opinion as any offensive.

Cheers, and no need to worry.  Nothing you said is offensive.  There's nothing wrong (in fact it is healthy) to have a difference of opinion. It's abuse and outright trolling for the sake of it that I have a problem with.

Anyway, back to discussing FM 2020. Sorry for taking this thread slightly off topic.

Edited by DementedHammer

vor 13 Stunden schrieb kandersson:

I'd say it's because google stadia will launch november 19, and FM will be one of their launch games. Basically, it was google call... of course it's only speculation :D

Sorry, but that´s my opinion too. It´s not nice from SI, but i think the money is the reason.

1 час назад, gunner86 сказал:

I don't follow. What is the financial benefit of this?

Well if PC version will release on 2 weeks earlier, a lot of people will buy this one and will not waiting for Stadia. But if both version will be release in one day, people will have a choice. Or better say - Stadia will not be infringed. Just business, just partnership

Edited by Novem9

17 minutes ago, Novem9 said:

Well if PC version will release on 2 weeks earlier, a lot of people will buy this one and will not waiting for Stadia. But if both version will be release in one day, people will have a choice. Or better say - Stadia will not be infringed. Just business, just partnership

Ah, I see.

But I can't see how that would impact SI still. Yeah, sure it would impact Google's cut on sales, but I'd imagine Steam is the bigger partner at this point, and as such would take priority.

Don't get me wrong, I fell that it's linked to Stadia launch too, but to revenue seems to be a bit of an odd link.

To me I would say that they want as long as possible to continue development and/or fix issues found in testing, and the 19th is the latest they can launch while maintaining any commitments as a launch title for Stadia.

Pure speculation though.

Edited by gunner86

32 minutes ago, gunner86 said:

Ah, I see.

But I can't see how that would impact SI still. Yeah, sure it would impact Google's cut on sales, but I'd imagine Steam is the bigger partner at this point, and as such would take priority.

Don't get me wrong, I fell that it's linked to Stadia launch too, but to revenue seems to be a bit of an odd link.

To me I would say that they want as long as possible to continue development and/or fix issues found in testing, and the 19th is the latest they can launch while maintaining any commitments as a launch title for Stadia.

Pure speculation though.

Google stadia itself will launch on november 19th. I'd imagine they have a deal with SI that FM 20 will be one of their launch titles (i.e. FM could not be released before google stadia) of course we don't know the terms of such deal though I'd imagine there would be benefits for SI. The decision of a simultaneous date had already been made at least since first announcement on this thread ''Football Manager 2020 (for PC, Mac and Stadia), Football Manager 2020 Touch (for PC, Mac, iOS and Android) and Football Manager 2020 Mobile (for iOS and Android) will all be released simultaneously (exact date TBC).'' (see first post dated august 27).

16 horas atrás, Dagenham_Dave disse:

This is the thing I hate most about social media. The abused is the problem, not the abuser. What a time to be alive. 

Honestly, I haven't said anything of the sorts, and was even a bit sad by reading that. Still, I respect your opinion (you see, the fact that I didn't like at all what you said, doesn't mean I won't respect it, think it's abuse and make 5 consecutive posts about how you are unfair to me).

3 hours ago, kandersson said:

Google stadia itself will launch on november 19th. I'd imagine they have a deal with SI that FM 20 will be one of their launch titles (i.e. FM could not be released before google stadia) of course we don't know the terms of such deal though I'd imagine there would be benefits for SI. The decision of a simultaneous date had already been made at least since first announcement on this thread ''Football Manager 2020 (for PC, Mac and Stadia), Football Manager 2020 Touch (for PC, Mac, iOS and Android) and Football Manager 2020 Mobile (for iOS and Android) will all be released simultaneously (exact date TBC).'' (see first post dated august 27).

Fair enough. But then that’s not down to sales really. That’s just down to a decision they’ve made. And it’s clear that Google aren’t handcuffing publishers and studios into launching on the same date as someone else has already pointed out RDR2 launches on Nov 5th.

13 часов назад, gunner86 сказал:

Fair enough. But then that’s not down to sales really. That’s just down to a decision they’ve made

I guess for SI it is a partnership contract. For Google sales exactly :) 

4 minutes ago, Novem9 said:

I guess for SI it is a partnership contract. For Google sales exactly :) 

Then why haven't they enforced that with other, bigger games, from bigger studios, which will make them more money?

If they were launching the free version of Stadia concurrently, maybe that would make more sense, but I know at least 2 people, one of whom has a laptop that is so weak they can only run FM with 1 country and still the performance is rated as 1 star, who will still be playing on laptop rather than paying for Premium Stadia.

15 минут назад, gunner86 сказал:

Then why haven't they enforced that with other, bigger games, from bigger studios, which will make them more money?

I dont know :) Lets check games of Stadia:

Спойлер

Assassin's Creed Odyssey 
Baldur's Gate 3 
Borderlands 3 
Darksiders Genesis 
Destiny 2 
DOOM Eternal 
Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 
Farming Simulator 19 
Final Fantasy XV 
Football Manager 2020 
Get Packed 
Ghost Recon Breakpoint 
GRID 
Gylt 
Just Dance 2020 
Metro Exodus 
Mortal Kombat 11 
NBA 2K 
Power Rangers: Battle for the Grid 
Rage 2 
SAMURAI SHODOWN 
The Crew 2 
The Division 2 
The Elder Scrolls Online 
Thumper 
Tomb Raider Trilogy
Trials Rising 
Wolfenstein: Youngblood

Borderlands has exclusive release in new store (forget name), looks like all other games are released in past?

upd - (or WIP like Doom Eternal)

10 минут назад, HUNT3R сказал:

According to Miles, Stadia's release date has nothing to do with FM's release date being the 19th. It was his decision to release on the 19th, not because they were 'forced' to.

I don't say that Miles lied, but too obvious coincidence anyway. Day in day and stopped to release in Friday exactly in this year. Who knows.

Edited by Novem9

Well I wasn't on the FM/CM forums back then (if there were any), but remember that one version of CM that wasn't released until February because it was the first time they were implementing the 2D match engine and needed more time? If people are going mad over a game being released a few days later in November, they must have lost the plot back then. I'm always a 'if you need more time, take it' type of person. I would much rather a game be released later and be better, than an earlier release that isn't as good. You just know that the same people complaining about a late release date would be furious if it was released earlier and had major issues in it.

I personally think it's good that these games come out in November. I mean, for one, it gives the SI team some more knowledge on what players should be first team players and who shouldn't, at least for the beginning of the 19/20 season. Of course these things can change in your personal save, depending on what happens in your particular game, but imagine if FM was released in August to coincide with the start of the football season. Guys like Abraham and Mount would have probably been placed on the transfer or loan list in game, because who could have known they would be starters this season? People would then complain that it's unrealistic for Chelsea to be trying to get rid of them in FM when they are in the starting line up in IRL. Now, I suspect, they will be important players for Chelsea in FM, just as IRL. That's just one example.

6 minutes ago, WojciechZed said:

Well I wasn't on the FM/CM forums back then (if there were any), but remember that one version of CM that wasn't released until February because it was the first time they were implementing the 2D match engine and needed more time? If people are going mad over a game being released a few days later in November, they must have lost the plot back then. I'm always a 'if you need more time, take it' type of person. I would much rather a game be released later and be better, than an earlier release that isn't as good. You just know that the same people complaining about a late release date would be furious if it was released earlier and had major issues in it.

Championship Manager 4. That didn't come out until March 2003... and even after being fully patched, it was still very buggy.

Puts things in perspective.

1 hour ago, WojciechZed said:

I personally think it's good that these games come out in November. I mean, for one, it gives the SI team some more knowledge on what players should be first team players and who shouldn't, at least for the beginning of the 19/20 season. Of course these things can change in your personal save, depending on what happens in your particular game, but imagine if FM was released in August to coincide with the start of the football season. Guys like Abraham and Mount would have probably been placed on the transfer or loan list in game, because who could have known they would be starters this season? People would then complain that it's unrealistic for Chelsea to be trying to get rid of them in FM when they are in the starting line up in IRL. Now, I suspect, they will be important players for Chelsea in FM, just as IRL. That's just one example.

I believe from past other threads here, that the researchers don't tend to use anything after a certain date, so things that have happened in the beginning of a new season tend not to make any difference to the original database. 

In Chelsea's specific case, I would imagine the transfer ban will mean that the club will be forced to keep the likes of Abraham and Mount around, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Giroud as the first choice striker for the AI in most peoples saves.

But people expecting the likes of Pukki, Cantwell, McGinn all being amazing performers might be a little disappointed, whereas someone like Pepe, who will have been researched by the Lille team might actually perform better (at least in terms of goals and assists) than we have seen so far in the EPL.

Edited by gunner86

4 hours ago, HUNT3R said:

According to Miles, Stadia's release date has nothing to do with FM's release date being the 19th. It was his decision to release on the 19th, not because they were 'forced' to.

Of course we can only speculate here as we wait for the game. It does look like an amazing coincidence that FM 20 release is the same as google stadia launch date :D.

2 hours ago, gunner86 said:

I believe from past other threads here, that the researchers don't tend to use anything after a certain date, so things that have happened in the beginning of a new season tend not to make any difference to the original database. 

In Chelsea's specific case, I would imagine the transfer ban will mean that the club will be forced to keep the likes of Abraham and Mount around, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Giroud as the first choice striker for the AI in most peoples saves.

But people expecting the likes of Pukki, Cantwell, McGinn all being amazing performers might be a little disappointed, whereas someone like Pepe, who will have been researched by the Lille team might actually perform better (at least in terms of goals and assists) than we have seen so far in the EPL.

Ah okay, well it wouldn't be the end of the world if Abraham and Mount are not immediately in the Chelsea starting line up, but do you think their attributes will be much better, in accordance with how well they have done at the beginning of this season, or they will also be based on last season? If they are better, then I would expect them to be given some opportunities by the AI manager and perhaps break into the Chelsea first team after a while.

39 minutes ago, WojciechZed said:

Ah okay, well it wouldn't be the end of the world if Abraham and Mount are not immediately in the Chelsea starting line up, but do you think their attributes will be much better, in accordance with how well they have done at the beginning of this season, or they will also be based on last season? If they are better, then I would expect them to be given some opportunities by the AI manager and perhaps break into the Chelsea first team after a while.

From my understanding, primarily last season. But they had pretty good seasons anyway (at least Mount), so they should get a bit of a boost.

The start of the season will generally have more of an impact in the winter transfers update

1 hour ago, WojciechZed said:

Taken from a club researcher answering a similar question last year:

Player stats are based on the previous season, which is wise in any case, because a whole season will always give you a good picture and lots of data and indications to evaluate. There are teams and players which perform well at the start of the new season and then suddenly hit a big bump.

If you want the "recent form" of the teams taken into account, you need to wait until the Winter update, which will adjust players stats slightly due to their most recent performances.

Transfers and new managers are updated almost right up to the release date.