Football Manager 2020 - Out 19th November 2019

On 27/08/2019 at 17:12, Jimmy Wong said:

FM20-Black.png

EVERYONE’S GOT AN OPINION…
DO SOMETHING WITH YOURS

London, England – 27 August 2019

Football is a game of opinions. From team selection to transfers and tactics, everyone has their own ideas on how to get results on the pitch. Sports Interactive and SEGA® are giving would-be managers the chance to prove that their opinion means more than most when Football Manager 2020 releases in early November.

FM20 will give players the chance to call the shots at their favourite club as they take control of their team’s destiny and make all the decisions that a real manager does as they develop their team and attempt to deliver a sustained level of success.

We have today released the first trailer for the game that should whet the appetite ahead of the game’s key feature announcements, the first details of which will be revealed in mid-September through the Football Manager website and via the official FM social media channels (including Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube).

But even though we aren’t talking about new game features today, we do have other things to talk about which you can see below.

Football Manager 2020 is the follow up to the record-breaking Football Manager 2019, which is the fastest selling, best-selling, and most played version of the series to date across all of its release platforms. Nine months after its release, more than 60% of the people who have bought the PC/Mac game in its lifetime are still playing it each month.

This year also marks the first time in the long-running series’ history that Football Manager will be available as a launch title on a new platform as Football Manager 2020 is set to make its debut on Google’s Stadia and will be the fastest way to experience Football Manager.

Miles Jacobson, Studio Director of Sports Interactive, says “Football Manager on Stadia includes technology that is only available on that platform, utilising the power of the cloud and Google’s data centres to ensure that more matches can be processed in parallel utilising spare bandwidth across the whole system – this means you can have more leagues loaded into your save, or just go for a faster experience by keeping the amount of leagues the same, but having the matches process quicker than you can on any other platform.”

From today until launch, fans who pre-purchase Football Manager 2020 (for PC and Mac), from a SEGA approved digital retailer* (or pre-order from a participating physical retailer) will receive a 10% discount. Additionally, those who pre-purchase through a SEGA approved digital retailer will be able to get their managerial careers underway early through a fully-playable Beta version, which will be available roughly two weeks prior to the official street date (single player careers started in the Beta can be carried across to the full game). The pre-release Beta will not be available on Stadia.

Football Manager 2020 (for PC, Mac and Stadia), Football Manager 2020 Touch (for PC, Mac, iOS and Android) and Football Manager 2020 Mobile (for iOS and Android) will all be released simultaneously in early November (exact date TBC). Football Manager 2020 Touch for Nintendo Switch will follow in late November.

*Pre-release Beta is available from SEGA approved digital retailers only; please check here for an exhaustive list of digital retailers and more details as to what constitutes a SEGA approved retailer.

Where is czech language?

• Replies 598
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

16 hours ago, Mons said:

Absolute guesswork and complete nonsense. Every year, there are clubs in other leagues in other countries who undergo the same sad silent death, and it's never delayed a release before. 

Have any of them been thrown out a league after the season has already started?

Genuinely dont know, was just a suggestion.

6 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Pro Piacenza in Serie C in Italy this February, for a start.

On ‎13‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 09:17, RandomGuy. said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Association_football_clubs_disestablished_in_2019

This is quite interesting (ish..) - you can select by year too.  

North Ferriby United were wound up in March 2019.  Pretty sure they're in FM19 still as this was after the last patch.

On 11/10/2019 at 14:38, themadsheep2001 said:

Why does it matter though? I've lost track of the number of games that have had set release dates, only for that date to slip anyway. Not a dig, genuinely curious, personally don't see the drama around it all

Its not really a 'drama' but I don't think anyone can deny its slightly odd being midway through October and not having an actual release for a game due to be released in November? I mean its obviously not the end of the world by any means, but it's just a bit odd I think.

Yeah highly doubt it will be that early in November now. Probably looking at mid to late November I'd have thought but fingers crossed its sooner

I never help myself tbh because I always stop playing the previous game a good month or so before a new release so by the time the game or the beta is released I'm itching to play

9 minutes ago, Chris21 said:

Yeah highly doubt it will be that early in November now. Probably looking at mid to late November I'd have thought but fingers crossed its sooner

I never help myself tbh because I always stop playing the previous game a good month or so before a new release so by the time the game or the beta is released I'm itching to play

Same here, stopped playing fm19 a couple of weeks ago and really hoping the beta lands soon. Hoping for this Friday but expecting next week. 

Edited by Iskhiaro

• Jimmy Wong changed the title to Football Manager 2020 - Out 19th November 2019
1 minute ago, Pompey1978 said:

Definitely latest I can remember for a long time. I've normally been sacked at least twice by then...

Could be thinking about it good marketing as you always remember the 5th November which would be beta day 😂😂

Time for speculation... ;)
Since Miles wrote in a post that the optimal time for a release is usually the end of October, there must be serious reasons for the delay of almost three weeks. Maybe they're taking Stadia into account? Or the game currently has a bigger list of flaws. For purely economic reasons, they would certainly not delay a release if the game was already in a "good" condition.

Just now, leviathan1904 said:

Since Miles wrote in a post that the optimal time for a release is usually the end of October, there must be serious reasons for the delay of almost three weeks. Maybe they're taking Stadia into account? Or the game currently has a bigger list of flaws. For purely economic reasons, they would certainly not delay a release if the game was already in a "good" condition.

I mentioned this in a previous post...FM20 is a stadia launch title, what if stadia launches before the 19th!

I’d have to guess some of this certainly applies to syncing up with Stadia. Not only development, but I’m sure Stadia’s projected market for game goes down with every day the game is available every where but their unreleased platform. Watch to see if these two release dates end up the same.

3 minutes ago, Matteo3champions said:

I haven't seen the news. sorry. (i'm italian)

You didn't miss much! But seriously I think it's mostly related to google stadia. Originally all versions were supposed to have same release date (as announced on this site) but stadia release is still unknown.

Edited by kandersson

40 минут назад, leviathan1904 сказал:

What kind of economic reasons? I guess SI and SEGA not poor companies which will have any discomfort about delay

Edited by Novem9

5 минут назад, Tony Wright 747 сказал:

an earlier release would mean 3 extra weeks of xmas shopping

Catholic Christmas is 25 of December as I remember. One month for digital purchase is enough I guess :)

Disappointed, but ok... I mean, a week more won't change my life. I would've played the beta version on Halloween's long weekend if the release date was, like, the 8th of November. But we'll be able to play the demo only on the beginning of November.

Guess I'll have to wait

9 минут назад, Tony Wright 747 сказал:

True but still 3 weeks less on the shelves in shops

Few weeks ago when I was in mall, I visited videogames shop where I bought games for PS4 before started to use online store.

In this shop were half-empty shelves. Storemanager said they stopped to buy physical disks except some collection editions for pre-orders. Stopped because disks unprofitable now and most people buy digital editions as usual. No more gift boxes with discs. O time o mores :) 

9 минут назад, themadsheep2001 сказал:

It's 3 days later than the latest release, and 9 days later than last year, its not that crazy

So you dont scare about Readable Fibonacci Sequence in dates? :D  

Release dates for the previous five FMs:

• FM19: 2 November 2018
  • FM18: 10 November 2017
  • FM17: 4 November 2016
  • FM16: 13 November 2015
  • FM15: 7 November 2014

19 November is a later release date than recent FM history would suggest... but it's hardly a repeat of the CM4 fiasco, is it?

Anyway, video games - like any form of media - can be (and sometimes are) released later than hoped/planned. There are various legitimate reasons why this can happen, but I'm not sure if there's much point in speculating about exactly what's happening here. Just appreciate that a release date has now been set, and that we can expect a beta to drop roughly two weeks beforehand.

22 минуты назад, Bigpole сказал:

What is weird for me is Tuesday is release day, not friday. Who's gonna take a day of in the middle of the week for gods sake :lol:

If SI will move date for 22 November watch your back mate :D 

45 minutes ago, kosecki99 said:

The game almost comes out in December, It is shameful.

It's not, and they can choose to release whenever they like tbh, they don't owe you a release date on your terms.

This is exactly why they usually don't even give broad month like they did this time, because of crazy overreactions like in here

1 minute ago, themadsheep2001 said:

It's not, and they can choose to release whenever they like tbh, they don't owe you a release date on your terms.

This is exactly why they usually don't even give broad months like they did this time, because of crazy overreactions like in here

This is GD tbf.