Jump to content

Football Manager 2020 - Out 19th November 2019


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Chris21 said:

The guideline so to speak is roughly 2 weeks before release and of course 2 weeks exactly is the 5th November. My guess as my above post suggested was Friday 1st November simply because I can't see SI releasing it over a weekend on a Saturday or Sunday and I also don't see it being quite as close to the 5th November. Miles did seem indicate their were one or two problems that needed to be sorted and it also seemed like a lot of work was needed to be done still so my prediction may be optimistic. I just feel releasing a Beta on a Thursday or Friday (which it usually is) allows a lot of people to enjoy it over the weekend. If its released on the 5th which is a Tuesday that wouldn't be ideal

Basically I'm talking absolute rubbish and it will just be released when its ready :lol:  

But the full game is released Tuesday 19th so I don’t see how releasing the BETA on Tuesday 5th “wouldn’t be ideal”?

But I’m all for the idea of releasing it on the 1st :brock:

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 597
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Man it’s diwali weekend here in india so 4 holidays straight, I was so looking forward to having the beta available by now. The wait is killing me!! 

Hope by some miracle it drops in the next few days...

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, metallimuse said:

But the full game is released Tuesday 19th so I don’t see how releasing the BETA on Tuesday 5th “wouldn’t be ideal”?

But I’m all for the idea of releasing it on the 1st :brock:

Mainly due to the fact that most people are at school or work so doesn't give us much chance to play the game. Usually its released on a Thursday or Friday leading into a weekend which is much better hence my hope for Friday 1st November

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, metallimuse said:

I understand that but the point I’m making is with the general release being a Tuesday this year I don’t think they really care about having the time to play which you are discussing.

Couldn't disagree more. They want people to play the Beta as much as possible, and that to find and iron out any bugs we find. The public have more varied setups and play the game in a variety of ways, so more likely to find bugs that FM themselves might not encounter in their own setups and gameplay style.

So with that said, the Beta will be out when it is ready, but I predict they will try of possible to aim for a weekend for the reasons above.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, jenvaskes said:

Couldn't disagree more. They want people to play the Beta as much as possible, and that to find and iron out any bugs we find. The public have more varied setups and play the game in a variety of ways, so more likely to find bugs that FM themselves might not encounter in their own setups and gameplay style.

So with that said, the Beta will be out when it is ready, but I predict they will try of possible to aim for a weekend for the reasons above.

well at the latest itll be out a week tuesday.  So I would guess (emphasise the word guess) maybe by next weekend

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jenvaskes said:

Couldn't disagree more. They want people to play the Beta as much as possible, and that to find and iron out any bugs we find. The public have more varied setups and play the game in a variety of ways, so more likely to find bugs that FM themselves might not encounter in their own setups and gameplay style.

So with that said, the Beta will be out when it is ready, but I predict they will try of possible to aim for a weekend for the reasons above.

There will still be two weekends between a bang on two week BETA drop for us all to play then full release.

I personally think it’s wishful thinking for it to be released this week so far away from full release.

Hey, I’m all for it happening but not holding my breath. My missus on the other hand hopes it does drop as she’s fed of me talking about it :lol:

Link to post
Share on other sites

So the BIG announcement has been done the release date but still no idea what changes are made no video to watch the "new" features or the lack of it , but you people still asking to pre-order ??

Time I guess are changing developers ask for your money first then deliver ( if they do).

 

 

 

Edited by Relik
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Relik said:

So the BIG announcement has been done the release date but still no idea what changes are made no video to watch the "new" features or the lack of it , but you people still asking to pre-order ??

Time I guess are changing developers ask for your money first then deliver ( if they do).

 

 

 

You've clearly not been paying any attention. There's articles all over the official website and links have been posted in the features page. There's match engine videos in said page. There was an entire official twitch stream playthrough AND there's dozen of videos from content creators who've had access to it and played through it. Honestly the only issue here is that you haven't bothered to look for the information you seemingly badly want, yet feel the need to wrongly complain there's no info

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Relik said:

So the BIG announcement has been done the release date but still no idea what changes are made no video to watch the "new" features or the lack of it , but you people still asking to pre-order ??

Time I guess are changing developers ask for your money first then deliver ( if they do).

 

 

 

you're trolling right now? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Chris21 said:

Mainly due to the fact that most people are at school or work so doesn't give us much chance to play the game. Usually its released on a Thursday or Friday leading into a weekend which is much better hence my hope for Friday 1st November

Nah

I think maybe in one or two days before the 5th.. 

In the live stream they were only at the Alpha 

Link to post
Share on other sites

If I buy the game on Stadia (not a subscription), will I then have the possibility to play the game on any computer without downloading anything? Or is this feature for subscribed customers only?

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, amadeo said:

If I buy the game on Stadia (not a subscription), will I then have the possibility to play the game on any computer without downloading anything? Or is this feature for subscribed customers only?

At launch, you won't be able to anything on Stadia without a paid subscription.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, amadeo said:

If I buy the game on Stadia (not a subscription), will I then have the possibility to play the game on any computer without downloading anything? Or is this feature for subscribed customers only?

Yes, but only from next year, like said above, Stadia is only accessible for paid subscriptions this year.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, caz said:

Is it known yet if there are editions of FM20 for PC, which will also include a copy of FMT?

This has been the case previously....

I can confirm it will include FMT yes, on steam at least.

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Mikkelpop said:

My computer has a Intel Core i3-2348M chip and a NVIDIA Geforce 710M graphic card. Can I play the game with this setup? Thanks for helping!

Yes you should be able to. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

For FM19 you had one job SiGames : Just to fix that crossing bug in the match engine...
All of the 5649869549 crosses are deflected by the defenders in the game no matter the tactics,formations,strategies etc.Every match we saw hundreds of crossing and maybe only one of them managed to pass the fullbacks without hitting him.

There were many other problems in the match engine but  we literally shouted our asses off to fix this problem, the forum of the game were swarming with the same issue and you did literally nothing to fix it "a whole year".

Now you advertise that you made improvements on match engine : :applause:

We already got used to it that you make no significant changes in the game every year and it's obvious that you abuse our toxic love relationship with the game and close your ears to user reviews.
I mean,how hard was it to fix that problem?Was it hard enough to release a new product?

I am playing the game since CM 98 ,on Steam I bought 13,14,15,17,18,19 but not sir...not this year!
 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, 10Hagi10 said:

For FM19 you had one job SiGames : Just to fix that crossing bug in the match engine...
All of the 5649869549 crosses are deflected by the defenders in the game no matter the tactics,formations,strategies etc.Every match we saw hundreds of crossing and maybe only one of them managed to pass the fullbacks without hitting him.

There were many other problems in the match engine but  we literally shouted our asses off to fix this problem, the forum of the game were swarming with the same issue and you did literally nothing to fix it "a whole year".

Now you advertise that you made improvements on match engine : :applause:

We already got used to it that you make no significant changes in the game every year and it's obvious that you abuse our toxic love relationship with the game and close your ears to user reviews.
I mean,how hard was it to fix that problem?Was it hard enough to release a new product?

I am playing the game since CM 98 ,on Steam I bought 13,14,15,17,18,19 but not sir...not this year!
 

They did fix it. In my experience there's a huge difference.
One job? I think they have a lot more than just that particular one thing. If they had put all the resources together and just done that one thing, and only that, it would make you play FM20 again?
No significant changes? There's been plenty of significant changes.
Hard to fix? Probably a lot harder than you think it is. But why don't you tell them how they could fix it?

Playing the game since CM98. Well done, buddy. So have i. Each and every year i bought the new iteration.
Has every version been a good one? No. But that's what i think. Others might think otherwise.
But there have been huge, significant changes over the years.

Voicing an opinion is great. This, though, tells me you don't really know what you're talking about.
Try being more constructive, like an adult. I assume you are one since you've been playing the game since CM98.

PS. According to your history it doesn't seem like you did so much shouting yourself ;)

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, roykela said:

They did fix it. In my experience there's a huge difference.
One job? I think they have a lot more than just that particular one thing. If they had put all the resources together and just done that one thing, and only that, it would make you play FM20 again?
No significant changes? There's been plenty of significant changes.
Hard to fix? Probably a lot harder than you think it is. But why don't you tell them how they could fix it?

Playing the game since CM98. Well done, buddy. So have i. Each and every year i bought the new iteration.
Has every version been a good one? No. But that's what i think. Others might think otherwise.
But there have been huge, significant changes over the years.

Voicing an opinion is great. This, though, tells me you don't really know what you're talking about.
Try being more constructive, like an adult. I assume you are one since you've been playing the game since CM98.

PS. According to your history it doesn't seem like you did so much shouting yourself ;)

I would really love to send my hundreds of match reports to analyze to check if they really fixed it or not but to be honest I dont really  think your opinion and your perception is really objective :)
Firstly,please try to wake up and admit that you are just in love so much with this game so it blinds you see its constant faults and bugs.
Anyway, I know that they did not fix that crossing and hitting the defender problem because I played the game for 315 hours myself.I tried all the tactics,formations and all the strategies just to see if it makes any difference but the result is a big "0".

That "just particular one thing" is a huge dealer breaker because it effects the whole game experience from start to the end.I have said that "you had one job" because unfortunately just like you we love this game and we choose to close our eyes to the numerous bugs in the game as well.

As a customer it's not my duty to tell how to fix a problem to a manufacturer because I am not a software developer and noone needs to be.As a customer my job is to inform the manufacturer about the mistakes and bugs and their job is to fix them if they listen to their customers.

Checking my forum history and deciding that I am not shouting myself  must be a really big big research for you : :applause:
I am posting reviews and following turksportal.net which is the biggest FM forum in my country and Sigames is very well aware of them and the website includes game's researchers as well.
Anyhow,would it make any difference if I was one of the thousand of guys that shouting their asses of about that bug here in this official forum???
I can read it fortunately and I believe you can and you did read too...

Also can you inform me about a significant changes in the game since the game released 3D match engine?I am not talking about the minor improvements like "Director Of Football" or "VAR" .
I am talking about big improvements.
Nevertheless, we already accepted that fact and just ask for a stable and playable match engine and Sigames keeps failing delivering that...

The same routine every year : The game is released full of bugs in November, it gets as stable as it can be around March but same crappy match engine constantly.
 

I really dont know any more "constructive way" than buying the game every year despite the bugs.
 

Please do not preach me  by adulthood just because I am not a  teenager minded  rabid fan of the game like you .


I want to get what I deserve by paying the price at least "20 years later".



 

Edited by 10Hagi10
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, 10Hagi10 said:

I would really love to send my hundreds of match reports to analyze to check if they really fixed it or not but to be honest I dont really  think your opinion and your perception is really objective :)
Firstly,please try to wake up and admit that you are just in love so much with this game so it blinds you see its constant faults and bugs.
Anyway, I know that they did not fix that crossing and hitting the defender problem because I played the game for 315 hours myself.I tried all the tactics,formations and all the strategies just to see if it makes any difference but the result is a big "0".

That "just particular one thing" is a huge dealer breaker because it effects the whole game experience from start to the end.I have said that "you had one job" because unfortunately just like you we love this game and we choose to close our eyes to the numerous bugs in the game as well.

As a customer it's not my duty to tell how to fix a problem to a manufacturer because I am not a software developer and noone needs to be.As a customer my job is to inform the manufacturer about the mistakes and bugs and their job is to fix them if they listen to their customers.

Checking my forum history and deciding that I am not shouting myself  must be a really big big research for you : :applause:
I am posting reviews and following turksportal.net which is the biggest FM forum in my country and Sigames is very well aware of them and the website includes game's researchers as well.
Anyhow,would it make any difference if I was one of the thousand of guys that shouting their asses of about that bug here in this official forum???
I can read it fortunately and I believe you can and you did read too...

Also can you inform me about a significant changes in the game since the game released 3D match engine?I am not talking about the minor improvements like "Director Of Football" or "VAR" .
I am talking about big improvements.
Nevertheless, we already accepted that fact and just ask for a stable and playable match engine and Sigames keeps failing delivering that...

The same routine every year : The game is released full of bugs in November, it gets as stable as it can be around March but same crappy match engine constantly.
 

I really dont know any more "constructive way" than buying the game every year despite the bugs.
 

Please do not preach me  by adulthood just because I am not a  teenager minded  rabid fan of the game like you .


I want to get what I deserve by paying the price at least "20 years later".



 


You might not think it's objective, but i know it is.
In love with this game? Absolutely. Otherwise i wouldn't buy it every year. Blind to constant faults and bugs? Not at all. In that case i wouldn't be moaning about the issues with custom views every year. That's just one example.
315 hours? A beta release that's been out since Thursday? If it's FM19 you're talking about then you're basically just going by hear-say then or presumed opinions when it's about FM20.
As i said; i know it was a problem with FM19. Fixed - in my experience so far - in FM20.

Big research? Nah. Have more important stuff to do than that. That was just a quick peek ;)
Researchers is all good. But are they able to fix the issues with the game? If not then not much will be done there. Of course SI is aware of them. Who isn't?!
Go through the SI's official forum though and you stand a much better chance. Shouting their asses off? Just report what it is. Explain when, what how and where. They will look at it. No shouting needed.

Changed the layout. Changed the training. Changed the tactics. Taken chunks of the ME and rewritten it (chunks, because rewriting all of it would probably result in no game being released). Those are fundamental and core elements of the game and just a tiny few of the changes over the years.
The ME is stable. It is playable. If it wasn't, there wouldn't be a chance in hell i would spend around 2000 hours with each game.

The game is always full of bugs. That will never change. You will never, ever get it bug free. I'm not a fan of their patching plan myself but crappy ME? Nah. ME is good. Issues? Absolutely but it's good.

The constructive way is to tell them, as i mentioned earlier, what, where, when, how etc.
Buying the game every year is just telling them that you like the game. You like it enough to spend money on it.

Like me? :D You really have no idea, do you?
I'll give you a chance. Explain to me who you think i am ;)
I don't know who you are but i'm not trying to preach adulthood to you. If you're interpreting it that way then you think like a teenager. So do yourself a favour and stop moaning for the sake of moaning.
Just use that energy to maybe report a few bugs here, now and then. 

You get what you think you deserve when you purchase the game. If you're not happy with it then refund it. Or, play the demo when it's out. That way you find out if it's something for you or not.
As easy as that :)


If you to respond to this, send it via PM to me. We're derailing this thread (not that it's very active at the moment) :)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just a friendly reminder. Lets keep it constructive, and away from insults to SI (i.e. suggesting no significant changes from year to year). The SI team work very hard on every edition of the game, and to suggest otherwise is not on.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutos atrás, edwingray disse:

Have I understood it correctly that you can only take a look at the beta to see if the game is worth buying if you have pre-ordered it?

No, Beta is not the demo. To check if the game is worth buying you should test the demo, which will be released with the full game on 19th Nov. And ofcourse it's free.

Beta is for those who actually purchased the game, and is already out.

Link to post
Share on other sites

If the Beta is an integral part of ironing out the M.E and the Bugs that exist, I'm curious why it isn't released earlier, to formulate them properly. And sometimes, they seem so obvious within the game, you have to wonder. I'm not trying to stir, but you really do have to wonder. 

For me, FM18 was enjoyable, bar the occasional shock misses from the forward, it was pleasurable, and nothing worth faffing about. 
FM19 became completely unplayable for me after a while. There just wasn't any enjoyment in it. 
After reading comments on the Beta, I felt optimistic, but looking at the bug forums, I am concerned with the cases of similar aspects popping up and further ones. 
And a peculiar case, is some of the 'dismissal' that I've noticed towards some. 

 

But still, back on point, why can the Beta not be released earlier, so that the full release is more presentable to players?

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, MatthewS17 said:

If the Beta is an integral part of ironing out the M.E and the Bugs that exist, I'm curious why it isn't released earlier, to formulate them properly. And sometimes, they seem so obvious within the game, you have to wonder. I'm not trying to stir, but you really do have to wonder. 

For me, FM18 was enjoyable, bar the occasional shock misses from the forward, it was pleasurable, and nothing worth faffing about. 
FM19 became completely unplayable for me after a while. There just wasn't any enjoyment in it. 
After reading comments on the Beta, I felt optimistic, but looking at the bug forums, I am concerned with the cases of similar aspects popping up and further ones. 
And a peculiar case, is some of the 'dismissal' that I've noticed towards some. 

 

But still, back on point, why can the Beta not be released earlier, so that the full release is more presentable to players?

There's a closed one that runs for much longer beforehand. This is more often about getting sheer number of eyes on, because ultimately only a small fraction of people actually post feedback

Just because they are present now doesn't mean they haven't been seen earlier. Its not about beta but launch day.

There will be a number of reasons why, usually because its probably not stable enough to go public at that time

Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutos atrás, MatthewS17 disse:

If the Beta is an integral part of ironing out the M.E and the Bugs that exist, I'm curious why it isn't released earlier, to formulate them properly. And sometimes, they seem so obvious within the game, you have to wonder. I'm not trying to stir, but you really do have to wonder. 

For me, FM18 was enjoyable, bar the occasional shock misses from the forward, it was pleasurable, and nothing worth faffing about. 
FM19 became completely unplayable for me after a while. There just wasn't any enjoyment in it. 
After reading comments on the Beta, I felt optimistic, but looking at the bug forums, I am concerned with the cases of similar aspects popping up and further ones. 
And a peculiar case, is some of the 'dismissal' that I've noticed towards some. 

 

But still, back on point, why can the Beta not be released earlier, so that the full release is more presentable to players?

For that to happen / work, people had to stop looking at Beta like a Premiere exhibition of a movie --- an early release of a finished product. We've seen people here and in other places seeing Beta as the full release and being angry about any bugs. If they released it earlier, with frequent crashes or whatnot, maybe we would seen a riot...

I think it's the first time I actualy empathize with Miles' short temper.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi,

I just opened an account here to let you know my concerns about the fm series. Long time fan here playing since 97/98.

First of, although I know you are running a business, which runs on money, but giving long time players only a 10% discount on the new version is just not cutting it. There are just not enough improvements each year to merit a 40+ euro investment. Even from a business perspective you could do better. Let me explain; now I just skip 1 or even 2 versions because it is not cheap and the improvements don't justify the investment. So now, in 5 years you make 120 euro max of me. If I get 30 or 40 percent off, I would buy it every year and you will make the same or more money, and have a more satisfied customer. I have a Master Degree in Business Administration, please contact me if you are interested in hiring me.

Now about the lack of improvements, the thing which bothers me the most in the series in the last couple of years, as it makes the game too easy and unrealistic in the long haul, is the AI for squad building. The opposition is often not able to buy and build a decent squad, too many strikers.... no right backs... and sofort. This makes the game just too easy and unrealistic (except from high expectations from the board).

Also, the transfer market is still under par (although improved a bit). You are still able to buy top players for cheap (which are not unhappy or have short contracts). This also adds to the game being too easy and unrealistic. I hope you are able to improve this, as I am losing my interest in the game because of this. I already saw in the videos on youtube on FM20 that this is also the case in this version, so I dont think I am going to buy it again this year.

The problems above I see as major, and I guess that a lot of people are annoyed by it. So instead of putting the money and attention to creating new shiny 'features' to help and sell the game, this is just short-sighted and almost an insult, as I guess that most of us are not dumb.

Luckily you were able to improve the match engine in the patches in FM19, but I also see some work to be done here, to make the game more realistic and improve the joy in the game. I still see sliding goalkeepers and wingers just walking past a back without an action. Its 2019 now! Some attention could also be turned on the graphics of the stadium and how it is presented in matches. But these are second to the first problems I mentioned.

The club vision system looks like a nice new feature for long-term games, if it works out well.

Thank you.

(edit) I want to add that the 4-1-2-2-1 (or 4-3-3 with the point towards the back, or how you want to call it) system, which a lot of AI managers in the game use, works just too defensive in the game. Strong clubs who play this system are greatly underperforming because of this. This mainly comes from the MC's not playing high enough on the pitch in an Advanced Playmaker role. There is no way in this role to get them to go further forward. Also a major problem for the game being too easy. Besides this, I find the tactical system still a bit rigid with the roles and their limitations. If I am manager at a Club, I decide how the youngsters are going to play. But I can imagine that this is not easy to improve.

Edited by PeterC86
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, 99 said:

For that to happen / work, people had to stop looking at Beta like a Premiere exhibition of a movie --- an early release of a finished product. We've seen people here and in other places seeing Beta as the full release and being angry about any bugs. If they released it earlier, with frequent crashes or whatnot, maybe we would seen a riot...

I think it's the first time I actualy empathize with Miles' short temper.

Well that depends. As quite an avid gamer, I find that betas are always looked at, as unfinished products of the real game. I don't think that is the issue. I think the issue is that there are several problems from previous editions that remain, and like FIFA, whose quality is dwindling substantially, it seems preferable to just churn out the next edition, and promise fixes in that one. 

I would rather have the game delayed, and reach the highest possible standard, rather than have a point where I just do not want to play it anymore. 
FM19 was the first time I quit playing a version of the FM series. 
And it seems that there are issues that developed here because of issues there. 
Long shots, Through Balls(My biggest annoyance), Inside forward movement, Balls over the top, the freakish amount of shots taken in some matches and several others. 

What I'm saying is that, if these issues are not really fixed by now, in a game with over a year of development, is hardly going to become something special in a space of two weeks. 

The problem is the financial aspect. This is a game that should not have a yearly edition, but a range of updates continuously to develop and nurture the game for as long as is needed. Again, I understand it is not viable.

But if the yearly thing is being done, it needs to be done properly, to meet the needs of it's players. Give your players regular updates, instead of reaching a date to say, no more updates. We're moving on to the next one. That doesn't seem right. 

 

On another note, my largest complaint of all is how good my team still is. -_-
Barring a few, Manchester United players are not even average. They are below average, overpaid and overhyped. 
The likes of Mata, Martial, Matic, Young, Pereira, Lindelof and Shaw just really are nowhere near good enough. 

Was hoping to save my club from the horror of mid-table and make them champions again, but with it actually being challenging. :((

Edited by MatthewS17
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Sheriff7 said:

Anyone remember full release of the game before deadline date? I believe it happened in past but i don't remember which year.

I hope it will be fully released next friday , THE traditional friday release day ; ) 

Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, MatthewS17 said:

Well that depends. As quite an avid gamer, I find that betas are always looked at, as unfinished products of the real game. I don't think that is the issue. I think the issue is that there are several problems from previous editions that remain, and like FIFA, whose quality is dwindling substantially, it seems preferable to just churn out the next edition, and promise fixes in that one. 

I would rather have the game delayed, and reach the highest possible standard, rather than have a point where I just do not want to play it anymore. 
FM19 was the first time I quit playing a version of the FM series. 
And it seems that there are issues that developed here because of issues there. 
Long shots, Through Balls(My biggest annoyance), Inside forward movement, Balls over the top, the freakish amount of shots taken in some matches and several others. 

What I'm saying is that, if these issues are not really fixed by now, in a game with over a year of development, is hardly going to become something special in a space of two weeks. 

The problem is the financial aspect. This is a game that should not have a yearly edition, but a range of updates continuously to develop and nurture the game for as long as is needed. Again, I understand it is not viable.

But if the yearly thing is being done, it needs to be done properly, to meet the needs of it's players. Give your players regular updates, instead of reaching a date to say, no more updates. We're moving on to the next one. That doesn't seem right. 

 

On another note, my largest complaint of all is how good my team still is. -_-
Barring a few, Manchester United players are not even average. They are below average, overpaid and overhyped. 
The likes of Mata, Martial, Matic, Young, Pereira, Lindelof and Shaw just really are nowhere near good enough. 

Was hoping to save my club from the horror of mid-table and make them champions again, but with it actually being challenging. :((

When nearly 70% of people pre order before the game is released I doubt if this will change.  I don't have the beta but the more I see from the youtubers the less impressed I am.  As usual I will play the demo before I make up my mind, but I suspect I will be playing FM16 for a while longer yet

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, MatthewS17 said:

Well that depends. As quite an avid gamer, I find that betas are always looked at, as unfinished products of the real game. I don't think that is the issue. I think the issue is that there are several problems from previous editions that remain, and like FIFA, whose quality is dwindling substantially, it seems preferable to just churn out the next edition, and promise fixes in that one. 

I would rather have the game delayed, and reach the highest possible standard, rather than have a point where I just do not want to play it anymore. 
FM19 was the first time I quit playing a version of the FM series. 
And it seems that there are issues that developed here because of issues there. 
Long shots, Through Balls(My biggest annoyance), Inside forward movement, Balls over the top, the freakish amount of shots taken in some matches and several others. 

What I'm saying is that, if these issues are not really fixed by now, in a game with over a year of development, is hardly going to become something special in a space of two weeks. 

The problem is the financial aspect. This is a game that should not have a yearly edition, but a range of updates continuously to develop and nurture the game for as long as is needed. Again, I understand it is not viable.

But if the yearly thing is being done, it needs to be done properly, to meet the needs of it's players. Give your players regular updates, instead of reaching a date to say, no more updates. We're moving on to the next one. That doesn't seem right. 

 

On another note, my largest complaint of all is how good my team still is. -_-
Barring a few, Manchester United players are not even average. They are below average, overpaid and overhyped. 
The likes of Mata, Martial, Matic, Young, Pereira, Lindelof and Shaw just really are nowhere near good enough. 

Was hoping to save my club from the horror of mid-table and make them champions again, but with it actually being challenging. :((

This is fundamentally not true.

Secondly if you didn't have a cut off, you couldn't release the next game

Link to post
Share on other sites

Out of Interest when the game comes out on the 19th of November, does it normally actually release at midnight on the 18th/19th?

Only asking as wondering whether to book the 19th of 20th of November off of work?

Many thanks

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Connor said:

Out of Interest when the game comes out on the 19th of November, does it normally actually release at midnight on the 18th/19th?

Only asking as wondering whether to book the 19th of 20th of November off of work?

Many thanks

Certain in the past it's sometime during the evening before much like the beta, but should definitely be available by midnight on the 18th.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Connor said:

Out of Interest when the game comes out on the 19th of November, does it normally actually release at midnight on the 18th/19th?

Only asking as wondering whether to book the 19th of 20th of November off of work?

Many thanks

Miles "presses the button" at some point in the run upto midnight, the night before. You'll be able to play it at 00:01 19th November.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Am 5.11.2019 um 16:30 schrieb MatthewS17:

Well that depends. As quite an avid gamer, I find that betas are always looked at, as unfinished products of the real game. I don't think that is the issue. I think the issue is that there are several problems from previous editions that remain, and like FIFA, whose quality is dwindling substantially, it seems preferable to just churn out the next edition, and promise fixes in that one. 

I would rather have the game delayed, and reach the highest possible standard, rather than have a point where I just do not want to play it anymore. 
FM19 was the first time I quit playing a version of the FM series. 
And it seems that there are issues that developed here because of issues there. 
Long shots, Through Balls(My biggest annoyance), Inside forward movement, Balls over the top, the freakish amount of shots taken in some matches and several others. 

What I'm saying is that, if these issues are not really fixed by now, in a game with over a year of development, is hardly going to become something special in a space of two weeks. 

The problem is the financial aspect. This is a game that should not have a yearly edition, but a range of updates continuously to develop and nurture the game for as long as is needed. Again, I understand it is not viable.

But if the yearly thing is being done, it needs to be done properly, to meet the needs of it's players. Give your players regular updates, instead of reaching a date to say, no more updates. We're moving on to the next one. That doesn't seem right. 

 

On another note, my largest complaint of all is how good my team still is. -_-
Barring a few, Manchester United players are not even average. They are below average, overpaid and overhyped. 
The likes of Mata, Martial, Matic, Young, Pereira, Lindelof and Shaw just really are nowhere near good enough. 

Was hoping to save my club from the horror of mid-table and make them champions again, but with it actually being challenging. :((

 

 

They could release fm as a subscriptions where the game is updated constantly and in order to play it you play a regular fee.

This model would make much more sense for fm than to release a new one every year which is barely any different with " features" which are often just rearranged menus.

They would mean they could work on the match engine continuously and not stop updating after a few patches.

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

On 10/11/2019 at 11:30, thejay said:

 

 

They could release fm as a subscriptions where the game is updated constantly and in order to play it you play a regular fee.

This model would make much more sense for fm than to release a new one every year which is barely any different with " features" which are often just rearranged menus.

They would mean they could work on the match engine continuously and not stop updating after a few patches.

"Barely any different"

In the last years they changed/added : 

 Tactics

Training 

Dynamics

Scouting

And this year they added "development center" .

A game like Fifa would take 50 years over these changes.

 

Edited by Monkey2018
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...