New game random CA / PA, not so random?

After tons of restarts since FM18 with my favourite team, I have noticed something weird upon starting a new game. The supposed to be random CA+PA-stars of my youth players tend to be lower or higher, depending on which or how many active leagues I select, following a pattern. The difference is about a half - one star in CA/PA.

When I select alot of active leagues with a mix of good and bad nations, the CA/PA-stars of my youth are in general higher every time.

When I select alot of active leagues with mostly top european nations like England, the CA/PA-stars of my youth are in general lower every time.

Whats going on here? I thought CA/PA-stars only reflected a comparison with my own players? Is there a PA-distribution which gives more PA to the teams of the better leagues than mine? (Sweden) Am I missing something? Thanks.

Continued testing.

In one save with only crappy leagues the same player got 5 black stars and 123 PA.

In another save with only major leagues the same player got 4,5 black stars and 127 PA.

In a third save he got 5 black stars but only 112 PA..

So I guess the discrepancy of black stars <-> PA is related to the youth rating of the selected active leagues, or your scouts..

Archived