FM20 Wishlist

1-Expand on the DOF as far as transfers, loaning,buying and selling. Needs to be more options such as I want to loan this player but they must pay all salary or maybe even to only accept those that are guaranteed first team football. etc.

DOF should be more aware of the squads needs and weaknesses instead of buying players  in positions that are not needed.

2- For the love of Pete knock down Gegenpressing.

Young players saying stupid stuff in the media stuff like that. Also transfer rumours to stop the player from talking to media if they ask him that. I think this would be an amazing thing if it was added to the game. Maybi even agents not sure.

Also ban players from training with the club and not being allowed to be at the club at all.

Potentially starting as an under 19 manager would be cinda interesting i think.

Probably something overlooked but:

FIX STADIUM EXPANSIONS PRICES!

Since 17 or so, stadium expansion is crazy. A 5000 seat expansion can cost 50 million. Are you kidding me?

You can read career saves when expanding 2000 seats in a 80k-100k stadium could cost over 100 million (!!) and take 2-3 years to be done. What the hell is with this?

Edited by Lanko

I won't bother mentioning the usual long-term wishes like better AI squad building, negotiations, transfers, awareness etc. Or the usual ME quirks that will inevitable hamper FM20 as well (it's just a matter of WHAT, not of IF).

So, let's go for some minor stuff

* No more "squad's less desirable traits had a negative effect on the player" BS! A determined and professional player won't become a slacker if his teammates are. Much less if it's just a bunch of backups being the worse. Conversely, a team of model professionals won't turn Joey Barton into one of them either.

* Stop having staff suggesting stupid positional training. I don't want nor need my best DC prospect to train as DM because we lack depth there...

* Revamp international management FFS! It's the same tedious superficial crap it was 20 years ago... And please, I don't need to scout players in my NT Pool to find out the players' exact attributes.

* Visual cues in the TC screen for where players will end up... I need to know if my CF (A) is going to wander off both flanks because of a wrong instruction or by design.

For those of us who let our Assistant set the Friendlies schedule:

How about an option/box for Assistant duties to NOT SCHEDULE WINTER BREAK FRIENDLIES? This is simply beyond asinine!  :seagull:

And don't tell me the simple solution is to schedule friendlies myself. That's what Assistants should be doing and I have other issues at the club to deal with. 

So my wish is more Youth teams like U17, U15, U13

and the leagues for the teams 1. 2. 3. 

FM Editor 2020:

in the editor under Database  > Clubs > Reserve Teams and Reserve Teams to Create more items as 3 items. In Reserve Teams and Reserve Teams to Create min. 9

if a Team added in Reserve Teams like U17 then should be added Competitions under the Team that will be cleared as the existed one in Competitions like now who must be add the leagues when U19 U17 ... 

From the Reserve Teams to Create they are created in the club list like the teams they are add in Reserve Teams.

> Clubs > Competitions > from the first and if an second team exist 

> from the Youth teams they are added in Reserve Teams and Reserve Teams to Create.

> Competitions > the U17, U15, U13 Competitions

And the Youth Player Min Age 11.

If these changes are made if this game better but in the game an option Board ask we should New Team type Youth sign up at the association

Edited by affe1802

I think FM2019 is a great game, however it has the same huge problem of FM16-17-18 etc: it's way too slow and tedious to play, waiting for next match and having to push several times the space bar between relevant events.

I use PC for making music, so I have a i7-7700k overclocked, 64GB of fast ram and a really good SSD. However, the game is way too slow playing with major european leagues activated and huge database. The worst thing is that between the days you need to press space bar several times. I find myself sitting in front of PC and pressing space bar for 5 to 10 minutes between matches. All of us like to play long career: I started a great career which I enjoyed so much and after 4 years in the game I was fed up. I don't have a lot of spare time , if I decide to play FM a couple of hours, I don't wanna spend half of the time waiting and doing nothing.

I know there are hardware limitations, however I think that the game would be much improved by:

- optimization for multicore processors

- a different structure of how it's divided the time in the game

- focus more on game experience that on realistic approach, for instance several time steps could be grouped into a single one even if IRL of course a manager is taking decisions every minute:)

Edited by Delvi

On 31/08/2019 at 22:48, RBKalle said:

I won't bother mentioning the usual long-term wishes like better AI squad building, negotiations, transfers, awareness etc. Or the usual ME quirks that will inevitable hamper FM20 as well (it's just a matter of WHAT, not of IF).

Only this and the game can look exactly the same all I care.

Just want AI being more adaptive and every game feel more uniqe. Right now only way to achive this is to go smaller leagues or uknown countries. Because all the top teams start out the same - same player targets, tactics same,sacking bretty much the same etc.

If I make tactical changes in the middle of a match, often they work and my team tend to play better. I'd like to be able to save these changes before the match finishes and either apply them to my default tactic or it creates a new tactic in the available slots. 

Many a time I've tried to replicate the tactics I employed in a match but forgotten what I actually did 

With FM I am not someone who is particularly picky when it comes to new features - I think they have the core of what I love about FM down pat. The main little things I would like to see change though are 

- Improved regen faces

- When trying to sign a player on loan the club will never negotiate on monthly fee or wage percentage, should be changed

- Dynamic rule changes, when you get far into the future salary caps could be introduced or things like that - might be legal issues with this though

- Stop key players for clubs randomly changing numbers for no reason (Salah switched to no. 6 at Liverpool in my save, Kane at Spurs to 12), been a bug for years

- Less of a merry go round for managers around the top clubs, they should go for younger managers every now and again. I would also like to the pre match scout report to say a bit more about the opposition manager's tactical style

- More of a reward for tactical flexibility, I feel like the game engine relies to much on the team familiarity

- Improved dynamic press conferences (you should be able to @ players and the game understand it. For example, I got asked about who I think should win the Ballon D'or and said 'None of the below' and put a different player in the comments, the game could then understand that and based on their reputation and average rating articles would appear saying how daft I am for picking my back up right back for the ballon d'or.

11 hours ago, Delvi said:

I think FM2019 is a great game, however it has the same huge problem of FM16-17-18 etc: it's way too slow and tedious to play, waiting for next match and having to push several times the space bar between relevant events.

I use PC for making music, so I have a i7-7700k overclocked, 64GB of fast ram and a really good SSD. However, the game is way too slow playing with major european leagues activated and huge database. The worst thing is that between the days you need to press space bar several times. I find myself sitting in front of PC and pressing space bar for 5 to 10 minutes between matches. All of us like to play long career: I started a great career which I enjoyed so much and after 4 years in the game I was fed up. I don't have a lot of spare time , if I decide to play FM a couple of hours, I don't wanna spend half of the time waiting and doing nothing.

I know there are hardware limitations, however I think that the game would be much improved by:

- optimization for multicore processors

- a different structure of how it's divided the time in the game

- focus more on game experience that on realistic approach, for instance several time steps could be grouped into a single one even if IRL of course a manager is taking decisions every minute:)

There's literally an option for less breaks in processing and I myself also use a 2 second game timeout

40 minutes ago, Lucas_26_7 said:

- Improved dynamic press conferences (you should be able to @ players and the game understand it. For example, I got asked about who I think should win the Ballon D'or and said 'None of the below' and put a different player in the comments, the game could then understand that and based on their reputation and average rating articles would appear saying how daft I am for picking my back up right back for the ballon d'or.

I like this, i've not seen this idea before but this would add real depth, you should put this in the feature request section

On 02/09/2019 at 12:58, Stevicus said:

If I make tactical changes in the middle of a match, often they work and my team tend to play better. I'd like to be able to save these changes before the match finishes and either apply them to my default tactic or it creates a new tactic in the available slots. 

Many a time I've tried to replicate the tactics I employed in a match but forgotten what I actually did 

You can save a tactic during the match. Just save it in the drop down menu at the top of the tactic. Give it another name and you’ll be able to reload it from your saved tactics.

- Position training: it takes way too long for a player to become natural in a similar position (eg; MR (W) & AMR (W) or AM (AP) & CM (AP))

- Too little interest in not needed players: Even if I offer a player with a value of over a million for free, there is no interest from other clubs. 

- Too much interest in youth players: Especially when you're a low reputation team in a low reputation country. Topclubs are chasing your bigger talents from the start and I think that's unrealistic.

Should be renamed FM21 wishes? Its too late for FM20.

I only have one wish. The same i have had the last 20 years, and its only cosmetical.

MAPS

The answer is "its to complicated", but nowadays where even my car-keys can be found on a map i dont understand that is is so difficult. The researcher for the team logs the geo-cordinate for the club, and submit that at the same time.

A small visual where in the world we are playing todays match would broaden the game for me. And make me more familiar with the teams. Now i use Google to see where they are located.

It would also be logic to use it/see when getting players nearby, from distance, and when playing teams nearby, playing international cups.

But only cosmetical i guess :-)

• Fix/Improve the DoF
    • make him aware about what players you'll need and don't let him buy 8 players in a position you don't use and don't buy a GK when you only have 1...
    • and/or have more input 'you can do transfers for me, but please only look for a GK and WBR
    • When adding a transfer target: Fix the feedback (more details in email if there is one - because sometimes even no feedback is given) or give more feedback to why a transfer doesn't succeed (because sometimes when you try it yourself the player is so easy to transfer). 

• Fix/Improve GK ratings.
    • don't favour Sweeper keepers and high passing percentage because 'distribute short' TI/PI is on, make sure best GK performance gets highest rating, so you can compare goalkeepers in same division how they did. fe by adding Shots stopped % as important factor for match rating
Edited by DavyDepuydt1

Regen Faces:

-put up an online database for real pictures of people and let the game draw them from there randomly and assign them to the Regens, Players should be able to add their own pictures there (uploadfilter mandatory of course). Would be a lot of pictures though.

FM Touch
Be able to see team training history during the season. It could for example be shown by percent or by a pie-chart.

Reason:
If you don't play the game for a few weeks, then it is hopeless to remember what team training schedules you've previously set up during the season. My workaround is to write it down manually.

9 hours ago, H_a_a_k_o_n said:

Should be renamed FM21 wishes? Its too late for FM20.

I only have one wish. The same i have had the last 20 years, and its only cosmetical.

MAPS

The answer is "its to complicated", but nowadays where even my car-keys can be found on a map i dont understand that is is so difficult. The researcher for the team logs the geo-cordinate for the club, and submit that at the same time.

A small visual where in the world we are playing todays match would broaden the game for me. And make me more familiar with the teams. Now i use Google to see where they are located.

It would also be logic to use it/see when getting players nearby, from distance, and when playing teams nearby, playing international cups.

But only cosmetical i guess :-)

I totally agree! I made a feature request like this once, and while I mention it in my master list I can't seem to find the original specific post.

If I'm going to start a match I'd love some sort of cutscene or load screen that shows a map! Or even just a map in league screens. It's such a simple but beautiful idea that makes the game feel more immersive and real. Imaging it zooming in on the new location your team is traveling to in the buildup. We don't think of it much but travel is a massive part of being in football. Make us feel the enormousness of our little club's first away match in European competition, etc.

Like this for travel:

image.thumb.png.7e941447fa9f1112c2cf7cd0b7a876a0.png

Like this for leagues. Beautiful:

image.thumb.png.e8f27c6b185cf172d8b258a0e3aae895.png

Even the simple ones are cool:

image.thumb.png.118d316ef56c2974fa1d1940d343febb.png

Even general data visualization is a step up from the spreadsheets (keep those too, but why not spruce them up a bit also?):

image.thumb.png.31832a086457c788cf67b3edd2baa9b6.png

Edited by Weston

2 hours ago, Burbian De Bay said:

FM Touch
Be able to see team training history during the season. It could for example be shown by percent or by a pie-chart.

Reason:
If you don't play the game for a few weeks, then it is hopeless to remember what team training schedules you've previously set up during the season. My workaround is to write it down manually.

In general I wish we could see better data that tracks players' progress beyond just that line graph for individual attributes within a set time period.

I play Touch mainly and so maybe this is already present in the full game, but I'd like greater visible links between Training and a player's morale or match readiness, or just a message from your coaches to say 'player x has impressed in training and so deserves a place in the matchday squad/team', which would then mean the player is more likely to put in a good performance for you; the reverse could happen...a coach can point out a player that is training poorly and so is less likely to perform in the next match, and maybe you could ask them to track this player to keep an eye  on him so you know when this slump is over.

I'm aware that some players train really poorly but turn it on every Saturday, so this could also be part of a players profile once you've been at the club long enough.

Allocating older players a part-time training schedule so you can manage their fitness. 

Edited by rich10

2 hours ago, Weston said:

I totally agree! I made a feature request like this once, and while I mention it in my master list I can't seem to find the original specific post.

If I'm going to start a match I'd love some sort of cutscene or load screen that shows a map! Or even just a map in league screens. It's such a simple but beautiful idea that makes the game feel more immersive and real. Imaging it zooming in on the new location your team is traveling to in the buildup. We don't think of it much but travel is a massive part of being in football. Make us feel the enormousness of our little club's first away match in European competition,, etc.

Like this for travel:

image.thumb.png.7e941447fa9f1112c2cf7cd0b7a876a0.png

Like this for leagues. Beautiful:

image.thumb.png.e8f27c6b185cf172d8b258a0e3aae895.png

Even the simple ones are cool:

image.thumb.png.118d316ef56c2974fa1d1940d343febb.png

Even general data visualization is a step up from the spreadsheets (keep those too, but why not spruce them up a bit also?):

image.thumb.png.31832a086457c788cf67b3edd2baa9b6.png

Brilliant examples! You say it better than me in both ways, both written and graphical!

I have no hope for FM20, but come on SI. Look at those pictures! Lets implement this in FM21!

• 3 weeks later...

I just hope theres something in the new game for playing back three systems as they're currently nowhere near how a back 3 works in real life.

Here are some things that are literally the foundation of playing with a back 3 that currently do not work in FM:

- Ball side wingback needs to be way more aggressive in closing down. The key of any back 3/5 system is the ball side wingback closes down aggressively whilst the weak side wingback falls back and makes a flat 4 with the central defenders. Currently the wingbacks are so passive we usually see central midfielders going out and closing down the wings which destroys the whole structure of the tactics, and 5 flat defenders have nothing to do. Needs changing .

- The center of the 3 centerbacks needs to stay behind his two partners in build up a play. This keeps him available for a pass from his partners and allows him to see all his options. Any coach who plays a back 3 will tell you the central defender should always be behind the two outer ones in buildup. In the match engine we currently see them straight across in a line. Needs changing.

- Related, there needs to be a new role (or just an option specifically for a 3) that you can give the outer central defenders that encourages them to dribble. In a back 3 there will always be a free man in buildup play as no one presses high with 5 players. A lot of teams defend this by leaving one or both of the outer central defenders free. The response to this is for said central defenders to simply carry the ball up the pitch until something comes available. Watch Wolves play, or Inter, or Conte's Chelsea and you will see the outer central defenders carrying the ball as much as anyone else on the team. Way more than you see any defender to in a back 4, and way more than you can get out of the BPD role in FM19. 

There either needs to be totally different roles for central defenders in back threes, or the behaviour needs to be hard coded in for back threes, but either way it needs to be fixed in a big way. Especially the wingbacks closing down.

On 02/09/2019 at 09:28, Stevicus said:

You can save a tactic within a match the exact same way as you do it outside a match.

On 28/08/2019 at 10:49, Carninho said:

player animations to show skills. step overs turns etc

and players rounding the keeper when one on one

being able to edit your own kits a season into the game

As much as I'd love to see this, I think a serious graphical overhaul might be needed before detailed animations.

I do long for an FM with modern graphics. I know, I know, the purists don't care, and it's not about the graphics, but sheesh, an updated 3D engine would really be excellent. 

I'd take mid 2000's FIFA graphics happily, Even late 90's early 2000's FIFA would be better than the 1980's graphics we have now. 

These are mine, copied from another post. 

Yeah graphic improvements are good and necessary but the real deal about the game is really match engine, modern tactics and player AI - it is not called a football simulation game for nothing?

What SI should be focusing on is how the players react on the pitch according to the tactics we set them and them behaving as close to possible (movement, off-the-ball running, defending, positions...) as how a professional football team plays. To be fair, I think SI have made strides towards it, but a lot more needs to be done. 

No more ridiculous stuff like 3 players running after one striker in a single line even although i set them on gengenpressing.

Where is cutting off of passing lanes? Where is trigger pressing? These are modern tactics and SI should totally reflect them in the game, esp when they pride themselves on being the best in realism. 

No more of my two fullbacks defending so wide when the instruction is for them to defend narrow. It frustrates me when they just stay on their wings without falling deeper with their centrebacks even when under a counterattack. I mean this is just basic football right?

Where is the tussling between two players when running after a ball?

Where is the part when players try to wind down the clock by running towards the corner flag when they are defending a narrow lead (and have instructions from me to waste time). Instead, they cross into the box and lose the ball. LOL

Where is the part when the goalkeeper rushes off his line and out of the penalty box to clear a loose ball, especially when I set him on GK Sweeper (attacking)? 

Where is the one to one between goalkeeper and strikers? 

I have never seen any of these. 

How about goalkeepers reacting towards balls that rebound off the goal frame? Now they are just rooted on the ground, frozen and almost useless to the second balls.

Yes, it is not realistic to expect it to be like an actual game (and no one is expecting that) but surely the above are just the bare basics that a game like this should get right by now? After what, 20 editions?

Please SI, get the basics right. 

• 1 month later...

A single wish: Make it harder to consistently over-achieve. This should apply at the top as well as at the bottom clubs. It is not "easier", in reality, to manage a top club than a bottom club--the expectations are vastly different. Two seasons of not winning the league could be considered failure at the top club, while avoiding relegation could be considered success at a bottom club.

At smaller clubs, this could be achieved by making it harder to hold on to the best players following a better-than-expected season, while, at bigger clubs, it could be done by making other big clubs more ambitious and compete better in the transfer market. Make other clubs actually try to keep up and overtake the last league winner, and make them tempt players away from the over-achieving smaller clubs.

This should make it more interesting and potentially satisfying to manage both smaller and larger clubs, in particular the larger ones. As it is today, once you manage to win the league, you'll likely continue to win the league every year. Other clubs just don't compete in the manner that they would in reality.

I've been playing this game since Championship Manager (1), and always tend to manage Man Utd. In all these years, I don't think I've ever been sacked! I'd just really like the game to be an actual challenge, beyond the first couple of seasons.

- make all the instructions in the tactics creator actually work and do what they say they're going to do. Bare minimum, do this.

- stop the restrictive, unrealistic nonsense where a player can be a natural LB, decent at LM but utterly clueless at LWB, or great as a DLP(d) at DM and ineffectual doing the same job at MC.. Players should be comfortable with certain jobs in certain general areas of the field. Make it more of a heat map and make it much easier for them to learn new roles. It doesn't take players a year to learn how to do a new job if they have the skillset for it, and there are so so many examples of this. Players also frequently change positions as they get older, usually moving back and central but FM makes it harder for them to change the older they get. As their intelligence, positioning and decision making improves with age and their pace declines, they should automatically gain aptitude for more defensive, central roles because that is their new skillset.

Edited by ceefax the cat