Miracles Happen: Suspension Rescinded on Valid Grounds!

4 minutes ago, jwchriste said:

Are there any negative effects if you always try to appeal red card suspensions?

No problems with the FA. But, on the player side, the downside is that if you appeal suspension, you can't discipline your player (with warnings or salary penalties). So, he is more inclined to continue bad behavior and other players may follow suit or resent your lack of discipline. Because of that, I decide based on whether the player did deserve the red card or not...

1 minute ago, phd_angel said:

No problems with the FA. But, on the player side, the downside is that if you appeal suspension, you can't discipline your player (with warnings or salary penalties). So, he is more inclined to continue bad behavior and other players may follow suit or resent your lack of discipline. Because of that, I decide based on whether the player did deserve the red card or not...

That is a very valid point.  I don't typically play a style that collects many straight reds, so I usually just opt for the discipline instead of the appeal.

Is it fairly obvious from the replays when the red was unwarranted?  Most of the time it's because my player attempts the two-foot slide tackle of death and it's definitely obvious he deserved it.

22 hours ago, jwchriste said:

That is a very valid point.  I don't typically play a style that collects many straight reds, so I usually just opt for the discipline instead of the appeal.

Is it fairly obvious from the replays when the red was unwarranted?  Most of the time it's because my player attempts the two-foot slide tackle of death and it's definitely obvious he deserved it.

="Two footed slide tackle of death" Dont know why but that gave me a good laugh ahah 

• 4 weeks later...

I think you can still discipline the player even if you appeal the red card, true the option disappears from your ass man's email but you can still do it from the squad screen, right click > discipline player for... > dismissal in a previous match.

On 25/08/2019 at 19:36, jwchriste said:

Are there any negative effects if you always try to appeal red card suspensions?

If you appeal decisions that have no chance of being rescinded, then there's a chance the governing body could increase the ban on appeal.

This has happened to me a few times, however I would like to welcome e.g. options to protest the referee at all, to see the referee suspended for wrong calls, even to be able to protest some other decisions like 7 minutes of added time or so.