Thoughts on players retiring as staff

After playing years and years of savegames, I couldn't help but notice a pattern in the retired player's new staff attributes. I didn't care at first, but now I'm on a 15-year save and it's bothering me more and more, that there are not enough good staff members after a while. 

I'm not sure if anyone else noticed, but there are a LOT of players retiring as Directors of Football, and their judging CA/PA are very low, I'm talking 5 for each at best. Also there are almost no Head of Youth Development with over 15 judging CA/PA after a few years, because all the players start with about 1-5 in those stats, and rarely reach 10. Coaches and goalkeeping coaches are usually fine with their stats and you can see some good assistant managers and managers with high potential. There's also not enough good scouts after a while and i'm not sure about physios. It looks like there is a cap on how much judging ability/potential a DOF/HOYD/Scout can start with, but not for coaches.

Another thing is that it is very rare for a club player to retire with half-decent stats enough keep him at the club. In real life, a lot of clubs keep their former players as backroom staff, and FM gives them pretty high stats when they add them the next game. There are a lot of players that would make great managers and coaches after they retire, but in-game they end up with 50PA. I know it's set at random, but i think it should be less random than it is.

This is only a valid complaint because you are using a 3rd party tool to read ca/pa of people, and this is not guaranteed to be accurate.  Does the actual game show you their ability or potential? no. It's a guess., that's how it is designed to be. sometimes it works, sometimes it doesnt. 

46 minutes ago, rinso said:

This is only a valid complaint because you are using a 3rd party tool to read ca/pa of people, and this is not guaranteed to be accurate.  Does the actual game show you their ability or potential? no. It's a guess., that's how it is designed to be. sometimes it works, sometimes it doesnt. 

Why are you assuming it's a 3rd party tool when the in-game editor lets you view (and indeed change) staff CA/PA?

1 minute ago, rinso said:

in game editor? oh so you can pay for something to edit the game to make it more "realistic" then complain on here when it doesnt work "correctly" ?? 

You're misrepresenting OP's argument (and, at least it seems to me, intentionally so). They mentioned nothing about editing the game, only viewing PA of managers.

19 hours ago, rinso said:

I'm not using any 3rd party tool. In fact, I am not using the in-game editor either. I have enough hours played to be able to tell the range of CA/PA a player/staff has. If you see Messi with his best staff stat under 10, it's pretty clear that he's not 150 PA.

Archived