Sports Interactive Community

I recently bought FM 05 on a disc. Rather stupidly, I forgot my current laptop doesn't have a CD drive, therefore is there a way of getting the game onto my PC without using the disc?

Cheers and I'll happily take any heckling for such a schoolboy error!

External drive is your best shot- I am sure that someone in your family and friends will have one to borrow for an hour as they have become more common since modern machine stopped including them.

External CD drive is the way to go. They're not expensive I bought one yesterday from Amazon for £19. 

Right, so external CD drive is with me, I've installed FM 05, I think, yet every time I go to play the game a box appears saying the following;

'Do you wish to allow this app from an unknown publisher make changes to your device?'

I'm clicking yes then nothing happens. Does anybody have any ideas?

Looks like my laptop due to being Windows 10 is not compatible with the game. Is there any way at all of still playing FM 05 disc version on Windows 10?

Yeah, if you Google for a guide relating to "running as administrator" or something like "running older games on windows 10" you will find a plethora of help somewhere!

I found a Microsoft forum page regarding this, to run in compatibility mode, when choosing the correct OS I was not given the option for Windows 10 despite my laptop being Windows 10, any other ideas?

1 hour ago, danmcconnell1 said:

I found a Microsoft forum page regarding this, to run in compatibility mode, when choosing the correct OS I was not given the option for Windows 10 despite my laptop being Windows 10, any other ideas?

Think you need to pick an earlier windows version like maybe Windows XP in this case

Edited by Brother Ben

2 minutes ago, Brother Ben said:

Think you need to pick an earlier windows version like maybe Vista in this case

I was trying the most recent version the other day which was Windows 8 but I'll try Vista later, cheers.

8 minutes ago, danmcconnell1 said:

I was trying the most recent version the other day which was Windows 8 but I'll try Vista later, cheers.

Try them all

1 minute ago, danmcconnell1 said:

Okey dokey, I'll feed back too.

I’ll try and install it myself tonight if I get the chance.  Let you know how I get on

13 minutes ago, bennytee said:

I’ll try and install it myself tonight if I get the chance.  Let you know how I get on

Cheers.

Compatibility mode means that you try an earlier ( or even much earlier) version of the OS, so for FM 05, I would try W7 or Vista first

None of them worked for me last night, I was given options from Windows 95 up to Windows 8, tried them all and no luck.

The editor works fine, this was run through Windows XP (service pack 3) but again no luck for the game file.

Might be worth just downloading CM 01/02, its a classic, plus you can get data updates etc

edit - and its free of course

Edited by Brother Ben

2 hours ago, Brother Ben said:

Might be worth just downloading CM 01/02, its a classic, plus you can get data updates etc

edit - and its free of course

Will do this evening, was looking for a nostalgic FM experience as I never really played it at that age, was always more of a FIFA player, but last 10 years or so has been purely FM.

1 hour ago, danmcconnell1 said:

Will do this evening, was looking for a nostalgic FM experience as I never really played it at that age, was always more of a FIFA player, but last 10 years or so has been purely FM.

I've had a lot more success making 01/02 work on Windows 10 than other versions

The Game - https://champman0102.co.uk/downloads.php?do=file&id=2

The Patch - https://champman0102.co.uk/downloads.php?do=file&id=3

You'll have to burn the game to a blank CD or use a virtual drive, all the info on how to do this and other stuff like data updates is all on the website.  The community is still really active which after 17 years is pretty amazing

Just now, Brother Ben said:

I've had a lot more success making 01/02 work on Windows 10 than other versions

The Game - https://champman0102.co.uk/downloads.php?do=file&id=2

The Patch - https://champman0102.co.uk/downloads.php?do=file&id=3

You'll have to burn the game to a blank CD or use a virtual drive, all the info on how to do this and other stuff like data updates is all on the website.  The community is still really active which after 17 years is pretty amazing

Cheers, appreciate the help :)