Sports Interactive Community
Brazuka

FM2020 available in Brazil?

Will FM2020 be available in Brazil? It's about time...

Great chance that it won't happen. It is not SI faults tho, clubs and players want a lot of money to be in the game, the same amount that big european clubs grab with fifa and pes. So until this fiesta ends, no FM in brazil.

35 minutes ago, masno said:

Great chance that it won't happen. It is not SI faults tho, clubs and players want a lot of money to be in the game, the same amount that big european clubs grab with fifa and pes. So until this fiesta ends, no FM in brazil.

Things here are complicated. If the CBF just posses the data it would be a hell of a boost to make negotiations easier. Anyway, dream that SI walk to make it happen some day too. Until this it's a gegenpress approach! 

I suspect that we will not have any information about availability till there are announcements about FM 20, so keep an eye on the forums for more news.

50 minutos atrás, Brazuka disse:

Things here are complicated. If the CBF just posses the data it would be a hell of a boost to make negotiations easier. Anyway, dream that SI walk to make it happen some day too. Until this it's a gegenpress approach! 

Yeah, I know. Here things don't work like they should, the right of image on players should be all on the club to use, but we know that this doesn't happens here.

The game promotion appeared on my Steam yesterday, including the game's price in Brazilian currency.
I tried to buy it, but then it states that it is not available for my region.

A bit sadistic I'll say :(

Don't know why they don't just release it without the official players, clubs and etc then...

At least it would make the Brazilians not have to pay in another currency from another region, if even that is possible.

Edited by Lanko

4 hours ago, Lanko said:

Don't know why they don't just release it without the official players, clubs and etc then...

At least it would make the Brazilians not have to pay in another currency from another region, if even that is possible.

I managed to buy the FM18 in this way. But damn, now our currency as quite bad and the game is too expansive to pay in dollar.

Unfortunately, the level of software piracy in Brazil is just too high to justify a business decision by Siga to invest in the country (by paying outrageous license fees to CBF and club lobbies). 

SIGA would have to hire a team of lawyers to pressure the Federal Police to shut down pirate websites and put all of the bootleggers in jail.

It makes no sense from a business perspective.

On 27/08/2019 at 16:04, Stewart91 said:

Football Manager on Twitter said it won't be released in Brazil.

On 28/08/2019 at 05:25, XaW said:

I think this was the tweek @Stewart91 referred to.

Expected but it still got me ahah. That whole situation is like a hell of a party is happening 10km from your house and your mom say you can't go out with your friends :herman: ahahhaha. In fact, you do wish to "blame" your friend to not bring the party any closer to you(Sports Interactive), but is your mommy who is the one putting walls over here(CBF). 

Expect to use this level of creativity in my FM2020 save, oh wait!

On 28/08/2019 at 12:48, Hess said:

The game promotion appeared on my Steam yesterday, including the game's price in Brazilian currency.
I tried to buy it, but then it states that it is not available for my region.

A bit sadistic I'll say :(

ahahahahahah, a Ronaldinho move from Steam, uh?! :onmehead:

image.thumb.png.281abc3edf799c3c38985471a25f2beb.png

On 28/08/2019 at 17:13, Hess said:

I managed to buy the FM18 in this way. But damn, now our currency as quite bad and the game is too expansive to pay in dollar.

I will be buying together with a friend from Portugal, looks the only possible solution for me. Do you know guys if is possible to play Online and other stuff in sharing mode  within this mode?

On 28/08/2019 at 20:55, phd_angel said:

Unfortunately, the level of software piracy in Brazil is just too high to justify a business decision by Siga to invest in the country (by paying outrageous license fees to CBF and club lobbies). 

SIGA would have to hire a team of lawyers to pressure the Federal Police to shut down pirate websites and put all of the bootleggers in jail.

That's a great perspective too. But I do believe Brazil is not the worst place at all talking about piracy, and it's just become more of a way because the game is not here itself, dualistic battle("you must have experience to apply for the job, to have experience you must had  a job" just to joke around)

I do believe that CBF controversies and the harsh difficulties to deal with image rights is, actually,  the elipse focus here.

Didn't they release it a few years ago with your team names with just three letters (like APM), random kit colors and shields? Don't know if fictional players.

Wondering why they don't do it like this again.

I mean, if they are releasing the game worldwide with correct names, kits, shields and players names and researched attributes, why isn't CBF and clubs sueing them for using their stuff overseas anyway? Makes no sense. And if the real clubs/names aren't there, what's preventing the sale?

Seems more fishy than it looks.

Em 28/08/2019 em 20:55, phd_angel disse:

While I don’t disagree that piracy is a problem in Brazil,you are completely wrong about that Brazil should be witch-hunted. Most of the crackers actives in the world are Russians, and the ones that always shows up claiming they cracked the game are also Russians. The problem is SI right now don’t want to have the headache to deal with Brazilian teams and players (that have excellent lawyers by the way).

2 hours ago, masno said:

While I don’t disagree that piracy is a problem in Brazil,you are completely wrong about that Brazil should be witch-hunted. Most of the crackers actives in the world are Russians, and the ones that always shows up claiming they cracked the game are also Russians. The problem is SI right now don’t want to have the headache to deal with Brazilian teams and players (that have excellent lawyers by the way).

No need to be self-defensive. The nationality of hackers doesn't matter, and European players also have excellent lawyers. It all boils down to a business decision: potential revenues based on market size minus costs. Apparently, Brazil is a bad business decision for SIGA - period.

1 hora atrás, phd_angel disse:

No need to be self-defensive. The nationality of hackers doesn't matter, and European players also have excellent lawyers. It all boils down to a business decision: potential revenues based on market size minus costs. Apparently, Brazil is a bad business decision for SIGA - period.

Actually matters because you said one of the reasons that Brazil was a bad choice because of piracy(which is not a lie,remember this), but the source doesn’t come from here. If this was a actual problem at a global level, no industry would bring their games to here.

And the actual point I brought the lawyer point is because here game companies don’t negociate with one organization that rules all of their rights of image,they have to negociate with teams one by one,and then negociate with the league. CBF doesn’t actually tell the teams they have to give their rights to certain game. Brazilians themselves criticized this since always,and is kind funny that SI decided to just cut the Brazilians out of their list,because I remember fifa also had this license problem,but they never stopped selling their game here.

20 hours ago, masno said:

Actually matters because you said one of the reasons that Brazil was a bad choice because of piracy(which is not a lie,remember this), but the source doesn’t come from here. If this was a actual problem at a global level, no industry would bring their games to here.

And the actual point I brought the lawyer point is because here game companies don’t negociate with one organization that rules all of their rights of image,they have to negociate with teams one by one,and then negociate with the league. CBF doesn’t actually tell the teams they have to give their rights to certain game. Brazilians themselves criticized this since always,and is kind funny that SI decided to just cut the Brazilians out of their list,because I remember fifa also had this license problem,but they never stopped selling their game here.

FM tends to sell just over 1 million copies a year, FIFA over 20 million copies, and probably at a higher average price too. They can afford licenses that FM can't - it's the same reason they have real logos, player likenesses etc and we don't in many leagues.

8 horas atrás, Spurs08 disse:

FM tends to sell just over 1 million copies a year, FIFA over 20 million copies, and probably at a higher average price too. They can afford licenses that FM can't - it's the same reason they have real logos, player likenesses etc and we don't in many leagues.

And like I said, FIFA was selling in Brazil despite not having the rights of image in here, actually they never suspended the game here like SI is doing now, but yet they decided to just ban the game from here instead of using a fake league with fake players. Brazilian players are actually pretty mad at SI because of this, I would say that 40% of the player base just stayed in FM16(if I'm not wrong,the last interaction sold here). And obviously, something is not right about it, if the game doesn't have the actual players,teams and league, then it can be sold here. But if they do, then CBF and the teams can get a lawsuit in then,despite not being sold here, because they would be getting money selling the game in all countries but here. Like I said,do not make sense, but it is a SI decision at the end.

8 hours ago, Spurs08 said:

They brought up the licensing issues, but then again, they weren't using real names in the game. The Brazilian League had 3 letter teams (stuff like SEP, APL, etc), fake shields and kits. I don't remember if the players were also fake.

This brings two points that are probably relevant for them:

1) If SI is using real names overseas, even if just for the players, and there's a licensing issue, why isn't the Brazilian Federation sueing them then? What allows the game to be commercially sold with their real players names overseas? 

2) If all names are fake for everyone, then what's the reason it's not sold over there? Surely it's not a licensing issue anymore if it's the case...

Edited by Lanko

Well, i am Brazilian, and i NEVER EVER player with a Brazilian team. I Just wanna play FM20... I don't Care about brazil teams. It made me Crazy, because i always play FM, since this beginning.

You will probably not find help here for License reasons but you could look at one of the many FM Fanforums and i guess there will be help how to...