A good formation for Barcelona?

I've just taken over as barcelona manager I'm struggling to find a formation that works dose any one have any advise for accommodating the likes of messi,griezmann, coutinho,  de Jong and Eriksson haha ? Any ideas would be appreciated lads.

I'm looking to do a save with Barcelona when FM20 comes out - so I've been thinking to how I'd like set-up to best utilise their new look side. I guess firstly it comes down to how you want to play - whether that's looking to replicate the 'Barca' way or trying something different and putting your own spin on things. For me it's the former, so I'll looking to play an aggressive system that also retains the ball well. I'll therefore look for inspiration through articles online around Pep's Barca team, his current City team and also Enrque's Barca that famously utilised the MSN (Messi, Neymar and Suarez). Perhaps this is something you could do?

3 hours ago, gaz&Sacha7 said:

20190816_103202.jpg

This set-up is overly aggressive and unbalanced - it will leave you exposed. You need have players that will protect you against the counter-attack, to which you currently have 1, your central defender. Remember you can play an aggressive, expansive system that's still defensively sound. My main bit of advise would be to keep it simple. The penny dropped for me back in FM17 and I've been far more successful since. I do sometimes get carried away and end having way to many PIs and TIs, so I have always tell my self to simplify things. 

I was just trying something differnt, and fitting the players in I know where I'm exposed, I've just never really played with 3 at the back and I'm just trying to find a system that works with the above players ?

If you'd like to get all those offensive players in the team and play a simple possession game, you could do something along the lines of the following:

lineup.thumb.png.bf22694ab9405280aad6f314732de81b.png

MentalityPositive

Team Instructions: Shorter Passing, Play Out Of Defence, Be More Expressive and Focus Play Through Middle

Transition: Counter Press

Out of possession: Higher LOE, Higher Defensive Line and More Urgent Pressing

DLP (S)- De Jong

AP (A) - Eriksen

IF (S) - Countino

IF (A) - Messi

CF (S) - Griezmann

8 hours ago, gaz&Sacha7 said:

dose any one have any advise for accommodating the likes of messi,griezmann, coutinho,  de Jong and Eriksson

Yes, but before that I have to ask you - do you have any other CB besides Umtiti, or you sold them all? Where is Pique for example?

Then, where is Busquets and other defensive midfielders?

Diogo Jota and Son ??? Do you really think that Barca needed these two players - especially as part of the preferred starting 11 - considering what top-class football "magicians" it already has in the squad?

Remember, you are playing Football manager - the best, most realistic and the only genuine football simulation ever. Not fifa, not pes, or anything like that. But the Football manager.

56 minutes ago, Experienced Defender said:

Yes, but before that I have to ask you - do you have any other CB besides Umtiti, or you sold them all? Where is Pique for example?

Diogo Jota and Son ??? Do you really think that Barca needed these two players - especially as part of the preferred starting 11 - considering what top-class football "magicians" it already has in the squad?

Remember, you are playing Football manager - the best, most realistic and the only genuine football simulation ever. Not fifa, not pes, or anything like that. But the Football manager.

This is the squad I inherited... I never signed son or jota I have busquests , godson fernandes, Maguire and timo Werner.  Also. I've got new formation that's working almost perfect now. Thanks everyone...

1 hour ago, Experienced Defender said:

Any need for the condescending tone? 

8 hours ago, gaz&Sacha7 said:

I was just trying something differnt, and fitting the players in I know where I'm exposed, I've just never really played with 3 at the back and I'm just trying to find a system that works with the above players ?

3 at the back usually means more than 1 CB, not two wingbacks and one defender

Well just because everyone plays a certain way why dose that have to be right. Implementing your own style I thought was one of the whole points in playing football manager.

I may use 3 at the back but ask the wing back to sit narrower I aslo use the definitive midfielder as a regista that stay back .. now in pre season I wouldn't say it the formation that I'd use ... but it works.. 

All I'm saying is everyone has differnt views and that why I asked. 

14 hours ago, sporadicsmiles said:

That is easily the oddest formation I have ever seen on here. You could easily put all the players you name in a 4231 formation comfortably. The tactic you post is so unbalanced and weird nobody is going to be able to help you with it, because nobody would ever use it. 

Alright its weird but my results have NOT been bad in pre season every player has a role and certain instruction.

It's not not my best tactic it was just an idea. 

5 hours ago, gaz&Sacha7 said:

I use messi as trequista , hows he performing in the AP role mate ?

I've won my 1st 11 and drawn 1 also. Lol

Sensationally.

I think the right side of the team works really nicely. Roberto comes more central with his PPMs as Arthur/De Jong move wide, and then Messi can find pockets of space.

Theres no real way to make him score the volume of goals he scores in real life i dont think, but his PPM's are great for the AP role i think.

Cuts inside at pace whilst the mezzala moves out into the right channel. from there, he can pick a pass or deliver a trademark messi shot to the keepers bottom right corner.

I love the PPM for coming deep too

Archived