Sports Interactive Community
Fergy234

My football manager 2019 doesn´t start, HELP PLEASE

It worked yesterday and I´ve spent almost 400 hours on one save

It says "APPLICATION ERROR, A SERIOUS ERROR WAS ENCOUNTERED AND THE APPLICATION WILL NOW CLOSE. AN ERROR FILE HAS BEEN GENERATED IN SOME FILE" "PLEASE ACCEPT OUR APOLOGIES FOR THE INCONVENIENCE"

SERIOUSLY I´VE HAD IT WITH THIS GAME IF THIS CAN´T BE FIXED!

32 minutes ago, MShing said:

Tried uninstalling and 're install?

Nope but that would mean I lost my save right?

run as administrator?

but that would mean I lost my save right?

You could copy the save file to a different directory and then copy it back over after reinstall.

1 hour ago, Fergy234 said:

Nope but that would mean I lost my save right?

Uninstalling and reinstalling will not affect your save game as it is stored away from the game files.  Start by having a look in the FAQ thread at the top of the forum

@Fergy234 Hi If you are unable to launch the game, we would suggest you to take a look at the following FAQ, please? - 

If you still have no success, can you attach the latest crash dump file on here, please? The crash dump file can be located at the following default location: C:\Users\[Your Windows Username]\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2019\crash dumps 

Let us know how you get on , please. Thanks.

2 hours ago, Jimmy Wong said:

@Fergy234 Hi If you are unable to launch the game, we would suggest you to take a look at the following FAQ, please? - 

If you still have no success, can you attach the latest crash dump file on here, please? The crash dump file can be located at the following default location: C:\Users\[Your Windows Username]\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2019\crash dumps 

Let us know how you get on , please. Thanks.

How do I attach it?

11 hours ago, AytchMan said:

You could copy the save file to a different directory and then copy it back over after reinstall.

I didn´t find it, instead of it there was a "confiq" file with zero bytes. it has probably crashed too :(

Seriously if this can happen, saves just crash I don´t think I will bother with any future releashes. This is tragic!

To confirm the game crashes when you launches it? Can you also attach your Dxdiag, please?

Looking at your Dxdiag, it might be possible that your AMD graphics driver isn't installed properly. We would suggest you to uninstall and freshly download and install the latest version of your graphics card, please?

Let us know how you get on ,please. Thanks. 

14 hours ago, kevhamster said:

Also try verifying the game files through Steam.

Hi would you be able to open a separate thread so we can help you individually, please? Thank you.

59 minutes ago, Jimmy Wong said:

Hi would you be able to open a separate thread so we can help you individually, please? Thank you.

I'm not asking for help - I was just giving a suggestion as to how to fix the game for the OP, as I had issues with the game starting one time very similar to what he described, which were fixed with getting Steam to verify the game files.

14 minutes ago, kevhamster said:

I'm not asking for help - I was just giving a suggestion as to how to fix the game for the OP, as I had issues with the game starting one time very similar to what he described, which were fixed with getting Steam to verify the game files.

Sorry, I have misunderstood your post:ackter: