• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators
Just now, Novem9 said:

Is it Pique's club?

Yes. Should be in a playable division for FM20.. 

I fancy an opener in Mexico's Liga MX. Or potentially Argentina/Brazil league structure, with an outside shot at Colombia if it feels competitive.

I am usually tied to Ajax but enjoyed a save with Argentinos Juniors on FM18 as they had quite a nice youth link including the three MacAllister brothers. If I can find a similar scenario or potential, that might be the early winner.

I have also long promised myself a first English LLM file with a local club, Blyth Spartans, but I can never quite seem to get over a lack of player graphics. Even with nigh on everything downloaded.

On 22/08/2019 at 21:35, Brother Ben said:

I only ask because in my experience they hate each other, really hate each other

Coming from a family that’s rovers on one side and city on the other you’re right, to support both is strange 😂

On 24/08/2019 at 12:11, Lucas said:

FC Andorra. 

Great choice, playing with them on FM19 (story in career updates). they are playing in the 3th tier in real life and are indeed playable from the start at FM20 .

I'm thinking about a youth only game with a non league English team or a normal game with a non league English team.

My last long term save was with Aldershot, and i loved it.

Edited by OlivierL

Watched the ‘We Are Leeds’ series on Amazon Prime over the weekend and kinda tempted for a Leeds save as been using the Bielsa tactics since March in all my saves.

Might do one with FM19 as I await the new release instead.

Last year for the beta i did RB Liepzig so i believe i'll be managing in France for the beta think of Lille or Bordeaux not too sure.  Main save Salford City and i'll do the dafuge challenge and then my customary Chelsea save. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 16/08/2019 at 17:57, Novem9 said:

Usually I dont play saves in big teams but I will play for Man Utd, because they sell players and didnt buy new + they dont play in ChL in first season, so this is save for 2 seasons at least :brock:
'It will revolution project' as it said in FM interview :lol:

Also I think to play in Bolton, Malaga or Kaiserslautern. And of course few seasons for Spartak Moscow

I think it will be Utd for me too. Plus, they are my English team :)

On 14/08/2019 at 12:50, metallimuse said:

Oh Eamon's been getting snapped up for my Scottish saves the past 3 years I'm well versed in his potential and ability. 

I'm also quite fond of the fella Innes Cameron.

I've basically pillaged Kilmarnock for talent past 3/4 years when managing in Scotland but with how well Stevie Clarke did with them I think I'm gunna have a go with them now he's left.

I fancied going them FM19 but thought I'd see how FM database played out with Clarke still there. I decided I didn't want to go Aberdeen, Rangers, Celtic or Killie as wanted to see how the database would play out and wanted to test myself against those managers. Ended up going Hearts as not much of a fan of Craig Levein (except the banter).

This year though, Killie gunna be the team for me to try and keep up the good work wee Stevie did.

Trust me, neither are we! The guy is an incompetent clown!

On 20/08/2019 at 08:35, Overmars said:

That would do the opposite for me since transfers are one of my favourite parts of the game.

For FM20, I want to manage in the second or third tier of France (maybe Paris FC) and switch the game language to French to make it feel more authentic. Eventually, I'd like to create a legitimate rivalry between PSG and Paris FC.

Always wanted to do a save with Paris FC. Except to use only French players to try eventually rival the big boy in town. Or harder still a combination of players from Paris and my academy. 

My main long term save is always Chelsea, but really looking forward to FM20 as the impact on the transfer ban will increase the challenge level. Will be interested to see how highly Tammy, Mason and Tomori are rated for CA and PA in FM20 given their very impressive start in real life. Do FM "tweak" CA/PA up until release to take account of early season form?

Bolton Wanderers for me. “Sleeping giant”, in financial strife, EFL 1, -12 points to start. Replicated my own ream, Southampton, in 2009/10. Looks a great challenge to stabilise team and finances and start a rebuild with a view to heading back to the upper echelons where they were a fixture just a few years ago. Can follow this on Twitter @hutchfm 

On 15/09/2019 at 09:32, GiorgosK96 said:

Im thinking Blackburn or Brentford from the Championship or a team from Bundesliga 2 because there are some great teams there right now.

Sounds good. Championship is a fun league in FM and IRL. Managed Dynamo Dresden in FM17 which is an interesting challenge. Have a 32,000 seater stadium and good infrastructure in Bundesliga 2. Always think St.Pauli looks an interesting club too. Going for Bolton in EFL 1 myself, starting on -12 points. 

4 hours ago, ckh77 said:

Sounds good. Championship is a fun league in FM and IRL. Managed Dynamo Dresden in FM17 which is an interesting challenge. Have a 32,000 seater stadium and good infrastructure in Bundesliga 2. Always think St.Pauli looks an interesting club too. Going for Bolton in EFL 1 myself, starting on -12 points. 

Bolton is going to be a great challenge this year. Championship and the lower english divisions in general are my favourite definitely, so many great and historical teams there. Bundesliga 2 this year has Hamburg, Stuttgart, Nuremberg, Hannover and i think it would be fun. Dresden and St Pauli are actually pretty high in my list but im waiting for fm2020 to decide.

3 hours ago, FMunderachiever said:

My intention is to start with Feyenoord

I like their summer transfer business and the look of the squad, good blend of youth and experience to work with, plus i feel PSV and Ajax are vulnerable if i have a good season.

I want to bring the title home and improve the leagues reputation in europe

My FM20 plans are the same mate. Like the signings of Senesi, Fer and Narsingh. Plus they have a few youth players with promise i.e. Azarkan.

First save as always with a team from the lowest playable league in my native Romania. Probably something like Metaloglobus or CSM Resita, definately no promotion contenders.

After I fail with that a team in the 3rd division of Spain (Recreativo Huelva, Racing Ferrol), Italy (Catania, Olbia) or Germany (Rostock or Jena). Think I have like 5-6 editions since I last started with a team in the first division of the big leagues, that just doesnt do it for me anymore.

23 hours ago, Gross_Ballon said:

Could be a unique thing to do. How do you re create the stadium tho say they buy gig lane etc.

AFC Bury etc. old stadium but the pheonix club

Gigg looks extremely unlikely in the now near-certain event of the death of Bury FC and the hopeful formation of a phoenix club. Will cost millions. More likely is a ground share with Radcliffe FC.