Sports Interactive Community

I wish people would stop picking attention to detail in Miles polls as the features under that category aren't so interesting needed though they may be.

57 minuti fa, gunner86 ha scritto:

So if you were managing, for example, Real Sociedad, you'd be more likely to get Basque players than previously?

essentially yes. 
it seems until now, newgens  created at clubs in basque region got their nationality from the clubs nation more often than it should happen. Now, this was corrected so newgens get their nationality according to club's region (Basque) instead of club's nationality (Spanish/French?). 

At least that is how I see it.

newgens of basque clubs already came with Basque nationality-now they will only be (even) more common. A correction in current code, hardly a new feature I think.

Edited by MBarbaric

4 minutes ago, MBarbaric said:

essentially yes. 
it seems until now, newgens  created at clubs in basque region got their nationality from the clubs nation more often than it should happen. Now, this was corrected so newgens get their nationality according to club's region (Basque) instead of club's nationality (Spanish/French?). 

At least that is how I see it.

newgens of basque clubs already came with Basque nationality-now they will only be (even) more common. A correction in current code, hardly a new feature I think.

My original interpretation was basque newgens having a specific appearance (maybe skin tone, hair, facial features) slightly different from average spanish or french newgens. Yours make more sense actually. Not the most exciting feature though :D

1 hour ago, gunner86 said:

So if you were managing, for example, Real Sociedad, you'd be more likely to get Basque players than previously?

My understanding is that there will now be Basque newgen templates, whereas before they would have followed the French/Spanish templates or the country they were generated in.  I imagine this was happening because the Basque country isn't a "Nation" within the game per se  

1 ora fa, kandersson ha scritto:

My original interpretation was basque newgens having a specific appearance (maybe skin tone, hair, facial features) slightly different from average spanish or french newgens. Yours make more sense actually. Not the most exciting feature though :D

Your guess is as good as mine. When IT lingo spreads among us common pleb we start imagining all kinds of monsters...

Do you think if we all vote for 'Attention to Detail' again, Miles might explain what he means?

35 minutes ago, gunner86 said:

Do you think if we all vote for 'Attention to Detail' again, Miles might explain what he means?

I just hope 'Attention to Details' means that they will put 100% more effort into the tactics, player AI and match graphics. 

And not a sharper manager face or more human-like players' faces, or fluff like that. LOL. Good to have but certainly not game changing. 

Not holding my breath though, from past experiences. 

Prove me wrong SI. 

Have to agree a bit with him. They have not shown something that uhh makes u jump feature to game.

Edited by saihtam

4 minutes ago, theballstopshere said:

I just hope 'Attention to Details' means that they will put 100% more effort into the tactics, player AI and match graphics. 

And not a sharper manager face or more human-like players' faces, or fluff like that. LOL. Good to have but certainly not game changing. 

Not holding my breath though, from past experiences. 

Prove me wrong SI. 

So far it means changes that only impact one league or geographical area. So far we've had three changes that only impact Portugal, Australia, and the Basque county respectively. The Portugal and Australia ones were both necessary and should be welcomed, but I doubt it would be as interested as other things that Miles could potentially reveal in his twitter feature. 

22 hours ago, saihtam said:

Have to agree a bit with him. They have not shown something that uhh makes u jump feature to game.

Agree with him too mate. They haven't fixed some issues that have been reported as bugs over the years so i think they will still be in the game. 

16 minutes ago, StevehFC said:

Agree with him too mate. They haven't fixed some issues that have been reported as bugs over the years so i think they will still be in the game. 

Llike what?

The biggest thing I think is that nothing has been covered about tactics. Yes there are some good quality of life features and updates, but every year i think there has been something that changes the flow of game and how we build up tactics. Currently the only thing I can see is inverted winger. Might be interesting new option but does not bring out this kind of dynamic you would expect from new release. And i dont want huge and overhauling things, I want to see some progress made on this.

22 hours ago, saihtam said:

I am with him too. And I stated somewhat similar views in another post. It mostly seems like ok to somewhat-good-to-have improvements but nothing game-changing at all.

Nothing that will make us enjoy the game on a whole new level, another level of immersion, as if we are football managers ourselves and seeing all our tactics come alive via players' movements, realistic defending, accurate player movement, positioning...  

Ok I better stop before I touch a raw nerve and get called out for 'not being constructive'.

LOL

Edited by theballstopshere

2 minutes ago, theballstopshere said:

I am with him too. And I stated somewhat similar views in another post. It mostly seems like ok to somewhat-good-to-have improvements but nothing game-changing at all.

Nothing that will make us enjoy the game on a whole new level, another level of immersion, as if we are football managers ourselves and seeing all our tactics come alive via players' movements, realistic defending, accurate player movement, positioning...  

Ok I better stop before I touch a raw nerve and get called out for 'not being constructive'.

LOL

All this positioning, movement etc might be done better by ME updates for this years FM. Just it is worrying they are not mentioning this or anything.

9 minutes ago, saihtam said:

All this positioning, movement etc might be done better by ME updates for this years FM. Just it is worrying they are not mentioning this or anything.

It shouldn't be worrying? ME news almost always comes later and Miles said we'll get to see videos later, when it's ready, too.

Would be good that in the future, ME, tactics, players AI, player collision system (if any)... should be in the headline feature. Yes, even though such improvements are supposedly made every year. 

After all this is a football simulation game, and touted to be the best by SI.

ME and how the players react to our tactics (and mirror) real world football and tactics are central to a football simulation game. 

20 minutes ago, theballstopshere said:

Would be good that in the future, ME, tactics, players AI, player collision system (if any)... should be in the headline feature. Yes, even though such improvements are supposedly made every year. 

After all this is a football simulation game, and touted to be the best by SI.

ME and how the players react to our tactics (and mirror) real world football and tactics are central to a football simulation game. 

But they're not headline features, they are base level improvements.

They are worked on constantly, and the ME has it's own dedicated team that only work on the ME year round. The reason nothing has been announced yet has been confirmed by MIles on twitter is that it's still being worked on. It will continued to be worked on up until it locks for production, and it's at this point we will get information and videos about what is changing.

9 minutes ago, gunner86 said:

They are worked on constantly, and the ME has it's own dedicated team that only work on the ME year round. The reason nothing has been announced yet has been confirmed by MIles on twitter is that it's still being worked on. It will continued to be worked on up until it locks for production, and it's at this point we will get information and videos about what is changing.

Fair enough. I will await eagerly the ME announcements. To me, they are the deal breaker and will really affect how I enjoy the game. More so when the headlines features so far are a major letdown, like what many have said. 

Hopefully the ME can salvage the situation. Frustrates me to no end when I see players doing really weird and unrealistic stuff, not playing to my tactics and moving about like school children on a kickabout. 

23 minutes ago, gunner86 said:

Yep one of the last things you see for reasons you state, they'll be working on it right up to the very end, and then supporting it through to the last patch. As such the timing is always later on, though I've often made the point that SI should make an even bigger song and dance over the ME, they undersell how much work they do

Big fan of MLS saves here so this is a very interesting feature for me. Hopefully this means USL (where most B teams play)  finally becomes a playable league. Would be a massive addition for MLS saves.

Edited by kandersson

I do wonder why these are not on the official football manager twitter, but on Miles his personal one. Its just not the right place it seems, Also lets just say that PR wise that is a better idea given Miles his comments sometimes. 

Also spreads the features to much more people. 

Edited by Double0Seven

14 minutes ago, Double0Seven said:

I do wonder why these are not on the official football manager twitter, but on Miles his personal one. Its just not the right place it seems, Also lets just say that PR wise that is a better idea given Miles his comments sometimes. 

But, while that's true, it's absolutely brilliant seeing the fankle some people get into with the way Miles deals with them.  Basically, if you play nice, he'll be nice.  If you're not...well, you likely won't win.

I'm guess the separation is deliberate.  Maybe they want Miles to be the dam that holds everything back from the official accounts.  Maybe Miles just likes communicating with people in that way.  Maybe they just don't want to hire someone whose sole job is to read messages from and reply to mouth breathers for most of their day.  Who knows.

1 hour ago, Double0Seven said:

It's probably because they're quite minor things mainly 'in depth' players will be interested in.

2 ore fa, louissiscool ha scritto:

Is there a release date yet? seems strange not to have one this late on if not.

Now i understand why there isn’t the release date at This point.

also Stadia is going to be released in november without a date. I think that things are connected because SI want to launch the PC and the Stadia version the same date. Or maybe, If stadia will be launched at end november, maybe PC version could be released before. 

I just came in to ask the exact same question about the release date, is it always this late? Probably is just can't remember

If Matteo above is correct then that means the BETA is around 3 weeks or so away. Would have thought a release date would have been announced by now if that's the case

38 minuti fa, Chris21 ha scritto:

I just came in to ask the exact same question about the release date, is it always this late? Probably is just can't remember

If Matteo above is correct then that means the BETA is around 3 weeks or so away. Would have thought a release date would have been announced by now if that's the case

The game is in development phase like last versions, this year features have been revealed before the last 2 editions (mid september instead of end september). The problem is the Stadia release. 

any new features announced yet or is that it :D , i just hope they are saving the best ones till last otherwise i'll be disappointed tbh 

1 hour ago, Chris21 said:

Always has been second friday of November.

8 minutes ago, Cadoni said:

Always has been second friday of November.

not always release dates of past fms has been from mid October to mid November. from what I googled

1 hour ago, coolestrock said:

any new features announced yet or is that it :D , i just hope they are saving the best ones till last otherwise i'll be disappointed tbh 

There's been one announcement. We're waiting on more info.

3 hours ago, Spedding said:

not always release dates of past fms has been from mid October to mid November. from what I googled

Well last four versions released 1st or 2nd friday of November.So probably 2(too good to be true) or 9 of November.

Edited by Sheriff7

20 hours ago, Cadoni said:

I am betting: 8 November will be the release date of FM20

I pre-ordered last week, and pretty sure I saw 8 November on Steam, but not sure if that's subject to change...

From the Steam store in Spain, it says the 8th, but doesn't mean it will be exactly that day.

Captura de pantalla 2019-09-30 a las 10.50.15.png

Edited by Icy

Sortitoutsi also says 8th November for the full release and 25th October for the beta.

3 minutes ago, 99 said:

Sortitoutsi also says 8th November for the full release and 25th October for the beta.

Even if the release date is correct, the beta would be assumption.

1 minute ago, Matteo3champions said:

GOAL KICKS ADDED TO SET - PIECES CREATOR. (FM account on twitter)

Lump it to the big man!

12 minutos atrás, Matteo3champions disse:

Good!

4 hours ago, Matteo3champions said:

They seem to have retracted the tweet though...

If so this would be the first feature revealed that really gets me excited if implemented well. 

I hope they add the minor feature of, as manager telling an sub or two to go out and warm up, as in real life that’s exactly what happens 

22 horas atrás, zakbrown96 disse:

I hope they add the minor feature of, as manager telling an sub or two to go out and warm up, as in real life that’s exactly what happens 

I thought about that, but maybe it's just another thing people will delegate to the assistant. Like the tactical briefings. No real influence anywhere.

Edited by 99