Unrealistic groundshare/stadium move.

I've managed to get Darlington into the Premier League however the stadium doesn't meet PL requirements. We shared a ground with Hartlepool at Victoria Park in the Championship while a Championship stadium was being built, and now that doesn't meet requirements. The club have announced plans to find/build a new stadium (all stats regarding that are TBC) and in the mean time we will be moving to Loftus Road... In London... to groundshare with QPR. This seems crazy and should it be considered a bug? The 25,000 Darlington Arena is unoccupied in the game, surely it would make more sense to be there or at the very least, Boro or Sunderland?

Which brings me onto another point, whilst playing at Victoria Park and having a new stadium built, there was no information or statistics on the club's facilities page about the new stadium (size etc). Was this removed and is it possible to see this information again?

21 hours ago, Niall8 said:

I've managed to get Darlington into the Premier League however the stadium doesn't meet PL requirements. We shared a ground with Hartlepool at Victoria Park in the Championship while a Championship stadium was being built, and now that doesn't meet requirements. The club have announced plans to find/build a new stadium (all stats regarding that are TBC) and in the mean time we will be moving to Loftus Road... In London... to groundshare with QPR. This seems crazy and should it be considered a bug? The 25,000 Darlington Arena is unoccupied in the game, surely it would make more sense to be there or at the very least, Boro or Sunderland?

Which brings me onto another point, whilst playing at Victoria Park and having a new stadium built, there was no information or statistics on the club's facilities page about the new stadium (size etc). Was this removed and is it possible to see this information again?

So my second point must've been somewhat of a bug, as I can now see the club's future stadium plans but the previous future stadium plans weren't visible when we were in the Championship. However, the crazy, opposite end of the country, ground share should surely be addressed for future games.

The same story with me. I got promoted to the first division and have at least a couple of suitable stadiums in my city (one of them is not used by any team) but the board moves me to another city to share the stadium with another team. I don't know what algorythms choose a stadium but they are completely broken.

• Administrators

Definitely sounds like a bug. If you have a save game at the point just before the 'alternative stadium' is selected we'd love to take a look so we can investigate further. Please upload the save game to our Cloud service and let us know the file name. Details on how to upload here - https://community.sigames.com/faq/football-manager-2019/180_how-to/181_pc/how-to-upload-files-r666/

Would also be worth if you do upload, tagging me here or PM'ing me so I know. Thanks. 

• 1 month later...

@Neil Brock Bugger, I've only just gotten back round to checking this and my autosaves dont go back that far. Should be worth noting though that we've just had to move to a groundshare with Sunderland this season (so perhaps the bug has been fixed?). On a further note, however, we did play in a 10,000 seater "Darlington Stadium" last season, which went against Premier Division rules. (All while another new stadium, also named "Darlington Stadium" is being built). Thought the duplicate names and lack of groundshare whilst having a 10,000 seater seemed a bit odd. My save games don't go back as far before the move into the 10,000 seater, but I can provide a save game from within the last few months of game time if it helps, as it seems the algorithms dealing with the majority of stadium decisions are quite buggy? Could also be related to quick promotions though, which I imagine could confuse the hell out of the game meeting stadium rules in Championship and PL.

Edited by Niall8