Arctic Antics - Youth Only Challenge in Norway (Fm19)

Marazola

36f2623d80984358bdb0edb35c70f1f0.png

Manager Brian Bertie has taken over the helm of Alta IF to try and complete his second youth only challenge in FM 19, after getting so close previously. This time his destination is the arctic. Alta are located in Finnmark county, the most northern part of Norway. 

Resume

Brian Bertie (Peruvian manager, applied from Toronto)

Skills

- Team building (irrelevant in this challenge though)

- Motivating

Previous jobs and successes

- Aston Villa - Premier League win in 2027 (FM 14)

- Deportes Temuco - Several Chilean titles and Copa Libertadores/Sudamericana wins (FM 15)

Sportivo Trinidense - Several Paraguayan league titles and Copa Libertadores quarter finals (FM 16)

Liphakoe - African Champions League finalists twice and several Lesotho league titles with only academy products (FM 19)

Lesotho 2090 World Cup qualification (FM19)

I am actually already 2 seasons in and will update how I've been doing accordingly in the next post.

So the first season there's not much to discuss. Intake was average and we really just consolidated in mid table.

Second season we finished 2nd, won in the first playoff against the 2nd placed team in the other group but lost in the 2nd playoff.

I will whip up an excel sheet very soon to update my progress.

For now let's get my youth intake this year out of the way.

Hans Gaup - Very tidy keeper for this level who can develop I reckon into a second tier Norway leading goalkeeper. I don't know if we'll get that far with how poor our facilities are at the moment though.

Christian Vaksdal - Can definitely make him work as a deep lying playmaker with his vision and decent passing ability.

36f2623d80984358bdb0edb35c70f1f0.png

Season 2020

I'll drop it into an excel sheet below (I don't know how to make the picture bigger)

7ef23be4b13f2ed9cb2a0acf546e7c51.png

So so close. We actually bottled it. We were 6 points ahead with 5 games left but started to drop points near the end and in the end we got killed by our average goal difference. Magnus Nikolaisen was our top scorer again, but in truth he had an average season compared to previous year. I'd say our player of the year was Peter Aas who really made a difference and had a good average rating.

So how did we do in the playoffs?

cea03fc65e4ac2ac4f57bcf8cd676197.png

Another year in this tier unfortunately. We were 2-0 up against Strommen first leg but conceded 2 quickly after and we couldn't get the job done away from home. Frustrating, but we'll get there one day.

Key players

Peter Aas - Magnus Nikolaisen - Hans Gaup

Unfortunately, we did lose Vaksdal. We lost him on a free to Frederikstad. Good to see him do well though, made and nurtured in Alta :)

d3452816ae50f7126e5f9985d4c30f98.jpg

66c4859f0b891ebe7e9e14ff05aa14e2.png

Excel sheet

f37b217cc65346beb35f90a0b657209f.png

Youth Intake 2021

18dde6a2576157bff157d65a9034e777.png

We got three 5 star potential players, but the only one really worth raving about is Ernst-Magne Niskanen. Very good defender for this level who will go straight into the first team for the outgoing Mats Frede Hansen.

We also lost Magnus Nikolaisen on a free unfortunately. Our top scorer the last 3 seasons decided it was time to move on. Didn't want to sign the contract extension, meaning Pedersen might get a go this season.

Archived