Sports Interactive Community
Bondonzilenozolo

Removing financial fair play rules and Brexit

Can anyone tell me how to remove financial fair play rules and prevent Brexit from happening in the game? Both things really degrade the game, and a not fun to play with. As of yet, I'm just setting up my database and doing test game, but my friend tells me Brexit happens in this one like I read about it happening in previous iterations of the game.

I've not been able to find out anything about the topic with a quick search, and I wanted to ask here to make sure I remove it correctly. Since, for instance, I have an England FMF (with one with level 15) loaded, I fear that I won't be able to remove the financial fair play rules there, since I assume it requires a conversion to advanced rules (while the England level 15 FMF has basic nation rules).

Posted (edited)

Ok, so I did a bit more digging. On the surface of it, it seems easy. Add nation rules, convert to advanced, disable FFP in the fixture rules and disable the agreement change to disable Brexit (I hope, unlike what I saw in the discussion from FM 2017, that it doesn't just happen anyway). I disabled all work permit rules.

However, not surprisingly, I found myself unable to validate the leagues of the English Level 15 update meaning that I cannot use this. The first validation error is a classic, from what I understand, dating back several itrelations of FM. Image 1: It says the promtions and relegations don't add up. Image two: I try to relegate one team less, and now they still don't add up (too few relegated). Either way, I'm sure this is the first of many validation error. Any suggestions?

promotion1.png

promotion2.png

Edited by Bondonzilenozolo

I am having this same problem. I want to play with Sheffield FC AND FFP, but without Brexit. Any help would be appreciated.

Posted (edited)
On 09/08/2019 at 23:34, Bondonzilenozolo said:

Any suggestions?

On 10/08/2019 at 07:15, Arsalan said:

I am having this same problem.

Keep trying to validate the original rules without doing any changes to the number of relegated teams. The Editor is well known for struggling to validate complicated rule sets in Advanced Mode, resulting in that kind of error even though you made no change in the area the software is complaining about. Just keep trying to validate even if you have to validate each league one by one; it should validate... eventually.

Edited by BMNJohn

4 hours ago, BMNJohn said:

Keep trying to validate the original rules without doing any changes to the number of relegated teams. The Editor is well known for struggling to validate complicated rule sets in Advanced Mode, resulting in that kind of error even though you made no change in the area the software is complaining about. Just keep trying to validate even if you have to validate each league one by one; it should validate... eventually.

I haven't had the issue in FM19, but I did this a couple of years ago - just try validating a few times with no changes - and it eventually worked.  Hopefully, it still works.