Intake Dates

So has anyone figured out since the change how to sign regens from clubs on intake dates? Used to be fun to try and snap out regens on these dates but at the minute it seems pretty pointless because nobody is interested no matter which club you are. Just wondered if anyone has had any experience of successfully signing a regen on the day of the intake.

You can on occasion manage it, but it's usually best to scout them all, shortlist any you want to snatch up, and go for them in the summer. Unless you're offering something massive to them, it makes sense that they'd be happy with the team they'd literally signed a contract for days before. 

1 minute ago, White Flag said:

I downloaded a list of the intake days for 2019-2030, for 171 countries from somewhere or another, can't remember where from though. It's 99% accurate. Try a google search.

How is that related to his question?

9 minutes ago, JeffDogg said:

How is that related to his question?

It's not. I misread the question. Sorry for letting you down and causing you such disappointment. I only hope that at some point, obviously not today as feelings are still raw, you can find it in your heart to forgive me.

17 hours ago, White Flag said:

It's not. I misread the question. Sorry for letting you down and causing you such disappointment. I only hope that at some point, obviously not today as feelings are still raw, you can find it in your heart to forgive me.

I was asking a question. I didn't make any harsh answer or anything, just asked a question, with a simple "?" at the end.

But I'm glad you understood the sense of my question. That's an improvement on the first time you got it completely wrong.

(see? You attack, I attack back, now you must be happy)

Woah that escalated quickly!

Anyways, my understanding of it is, in older versions there used to be a window of opportunity around intake days, where the kids were taken on trial - you could nip in before they had signed a contract and were still on trial. This was seen as kind of exploitative and I think that window of opportunity wsa closed.

Currently, once a Junior appears in an intake he is already deemed to be on a contract so cannot be poached as before. 

My method, is simply scout the top academies and players therein, build up a report for them, shortlist the good ones, and attempt to buy them in the following summer window, then the January window etc. Once shortlisted they may stay shortlisted for the duration, I have bought 26 or 27 year olds in the past, who have been on my shortlist since they were 15. Just took a long time for them to be agreeable to a transfer, or for space to open up for them in my squad.

7 hours ago, Jim-Beam said:

Seeking clarity here; so do the dates of new intakes vary? if not, what is the date? (purely for scouting purposes).

:thup:

Yes, they do, but not by much. Each nation has it's own, but all the ones I follow are between Feb -March so ne might be kast week of Feb, then first week f March the following year.

My method, at the end of Feb, look at the month's intakes and target the top academies for scouting. Then again end of March etc. 

19 minutes ago, Snorks said:

Yes, they do, but not by much. Each nation has it's own, but all the ones I follow are between Feb -March so ne might be kast week of Feb, then first week f March the following year.

My method, at the end of Feb, look at the month's intakes and target the top academies for scouting. Then again end of March etc. 

How do you search academies? :thup:

Can't remember ff the top of my head and I won't be at my game PC for a while.

From memory alone, go to World (the globe at top right) and then it's World>:Transfers> Intakes  I think...but would need to be at the game to be sure.

You can filter by nation which gives you a list of clubs and the names of the players in their intake. So I select the best academies, right-click and scut the players, make a judgement on the initial report.

On 08/08/2019 at 00:28, Snorks said:

Can't remember ff the top of my head and I won't be at my game PC for a while.

From memory alone, go to World (the globe at top right) and then it's World>:Transfers> Intakes  I think...but would need to be at the game to be sure.

You can filter by nation which gives you a list of clubs and the names of the players in their intake. So I select the best academies, right-click and scut the players, make a judgement on the initial report.

Still really struggling to find new intakes despite your very helpful step-step guide :/

whats the best way to

On 06/08/2019 at 16:51, JordanMillward_1 said:

You can on occasion manage it, but it's usually best to scout them all, shortlist any you want to snatch up, and go for them in the summer. Unless you're offering something massive to them, it makes sense that they'd be happy with the team they'd literally signed a contract for days before. 

whats the best way to do this do this?

On 10/08/2019 at 04:50, Jim-Beam said:

Still really struggling to find new intakes despite your very helpful step-step guide :/

Sorry, I never got time on the game over the weekend to look into it in more detail for you.  When yo say yo are struggling to find intakes, do you mean the dates for each nation, or the newgens themselves.

12 hours ago, Jim-Beam said:

The latter mate, the newgens themselves ..

Click the Globe icon, then World>World>Transfers  I think. In the drop down menu you can select Youth Intake. It gives a list of all the Newgens entering the game for the current month - at top right you can select previous months.

In terms of scouting them, I tend to just get a report on the players taken in to the top academies (Plenty of lists around the www) and then keep a scout with high JPA looking at under 18s. 

19 hours ago, Snorks said:

Click the Globe icon, then World>World>Transfers  I think. In the drop down menu you can select Youth Intake. It gives a list of all the Newgens entering the game for the current month - at top right you can select previous months.

Shut the front door! Did not know this was a thing.

Buzzing to run home tonight as just hit regen month.

4 hours ago, metallimuse said:

Shut the front door! Did not know this was a thing.

Buzzing to run home tonight as just hit regen month.

I will try and remember to put together a detailed 'click-list' to get there - unfortunately at the moment I am on forums on a different PC in a different location that when I am at the FM PC so trying to work from memory.

3 hours ago, Snorks said:

I will try and remember to put together a detailed 'click-list' to get there - unfortunately at the moment I am on forums on a different PC in a different location that when I am at the FM PC so trying to work from memory.

Found it from what you’ve said already. Too late to snap up anyone decent this year but will be eagle eyed next season :brock:

35 minutes ago, metallimuse said:

Found it from what you’ve said already. Too late to snap up anyone decent this year but will be eagle eyed next season :brock:

It's almost impossible to grab them once they appear now - the old 'hoover up the newgens' trick disappeared a couple of iterations ago. Best thing to do is scout and shortlist those you are interested in, and try to buy in the next window, or the following. 

The really high potential ones I find get shortlisted in an 'U18s' shortlist - if nothing else I keep an eye on their development.

8 hours ago, Snorks said:

It's almost impossible to grab them once they appear now - the old 'hoover up the newgens' trick disappeared a couple of iterations ago. Best thing to do is scout and shortlist those you are interested in, and try to buy in the next window, or the following. 

The really high potential ones I find get shortlisted in an 'U18s' shortlist - if nothing else I keep an eye on their development.

Will do. 

Currently playing a Rangers save while I await FM20 so I have money to hoover up young prospects from around Scotland while I await my youth set up to pay out.

Archived