Play certain player in youth teams request

Dfs

It d be great to add a small feature that would allow you to tell your assistant coach to start certain youth team player in the first squad on certain position.

I have a situation in one of my saves where one of the most talented youth team players gets very little playing time because I assume his CA is lower than some other less perspective players and his current preferred positions don't fit the tactic. It d be nice to have a simple feature allowing you to tell your assistant to play that guy. It d help him develop faster and also get familiar with new position quicker without the need of running the youth team yourself.

Edited by Dfs

Not entirely sure if it always works, but if you go into that squad view, and enable the viewing of more teams if they are in a lower team (e.g. go to the Under 23 team, and click filters, and check the Under 18s if needed)

Then select the player you want in the position you want and leave them there.  From my experience, players will play in that position, and the assistant/youth team manager will pick the rest of the players around them.

It doesn't stop them being taken off, which your request may allow for an addition - play certain players for x minutes, in the same way as if you drop someone down from the main squad, but it does seem to guarantee a start and usually at least 45 minutes

17 hours ago, scousevasey said:

Not entirely sure if it always works, but if you go into that squad view, and enable the viewing of more teams if they are in a lower team (e.g. go to the Under 23 team, and click filters, and check the Under 18s if needed)

Then select the player you want in the position you want and leave them there.  From my experience, players will play in that position, and the assistant/youth team manager will pick the rest of the players around them.

It doesn't stop them being taken off, which your request may allow for an addition - play certain players for x minutes, in the same way as if you drop someone down from the main squad, but it does seem to guarantee a start and usually at least 45 minutes

You can also go to the Tactics for the team in question (e.g. U19s -> Tactics) then click and drag the players as you would if it were for your senior team.

• 11 months later...