High numbers for staff/low numbers for newgens - a couple of quick questions

Couple of quick questions.

Both relate to Liverpool in Feb 2021. Currently well on the way to retaining the Premier League Title and progressing nicely in the Champions League. Club finances looking really healthy.

Firstly, I've been at 13 First Team Coaches and 25 Scouts for ages. The board just keep rejecting request after request for more. I've tried all of the question/response options, although I have steered clear of the big ultimatums.

Do they ever loosen up? Or am I banging my head against something hard-coded?

Secondly, how low is too low for an attribute?

For example, I've found a really promising 16 yr old Segundo Volante prospect - Fairly Ambitious, good determination, no glaring lack of professionalism. Several quality scouts rate him in the upper 80s so he should have plenty of postential. All his relevant numbers look good apart from Concentration, which is 5. If I set a minimum bar for development at 12, is that possible? Lower? Higher? I would like to develop him into a future world class key player.

I understand that nothing is guaranteed with youth development and that it relies upon numerous factors. I just want to know what is possible and what should be considered a lost cause from the beginning?

Cheers folks.

With coaches good at training the mental attributes (which are the most important ones) the right individual training role and a training schedule that allows the player to develop that attribute it could very well reach a value of 12. 

Depending on your tactic concentration may not even be that important an attribute when defending if you have players to cover for him. You might pair your SV with a DM or an Anchorman or have a stopper behind when using a lower LoE.

When in possession concentration helps a player make decisions but it is not the most important attribute for a SV.

You claim he has the potential to be a world class SV. Could you send a pic of him and the tactic he is meant to fit in? Depending on his attributes you might not even need to raise it up to twelve.

7 hours ago, Bernkastel said:

With coaches good at training the mental attributes (which are the most important ones) the right individual training role and a training schedule that allows the player to develop that attribute it could very well reach a value of 12. 

Depending on your tactic concentration may not even be that important an attribute when defending if you have players to cover for him. You might pair your SV with a DM or an Anchorman or have a stopper behind when using a lower LoE.

When in possession concentration helps a player make decisions but it is not the most important attribute for a SV.

You claim he has the potential to be a world class SV. Could you send a pic of him and the tactic he is meant to fit in? Depending on his attributes you might not even need to raise it up to twelve.

Many thanks

Here he is

image.thumb.png.5492d78a1e90e5f0eb21c461df4c3875.png

And here's the tactic, with my first choice XI. Created with much inspiration from @CleonCleon and @Rashidi, so many thanks chaps.

Don't pay too much attention to the mentality or extreme pressing as they do change related to the context of each match. I tweak a fair few of the roles and duties too, in relation to where the space is, or where I want it to be, in each game. Sometimes I use 2 IFs, sometimes I need a DM, sometimes I reign the WBs in, sometimes I need a more creative centre forward etc.

But the segundo volante has been a constant. Loving that role.

image.thumb.png.af7384ae8588318852b4101b7e48228c.png

You are right he could very well become the best midfielder in your save.

I would be more concerned with his lack of flair, it will hamper his attacking game. Other than that there is nothing to worry about. 

12 determination is a bit too low, he will not fullfill his potential. I would inmediatdly have him mentored to raise it.

Where I to field him I would place a defender with a strong aerial game behind him to make up for his lack of heading ability, jumping reach and height.

Does stats make me think of Redondo.

So strange that I focused on concentration and entirely missed flair :lol:. Thanks for pointing that out. A second set of eyes can be a wondrous thing.

You're right, mentoring is a must but I'm happy with that, my mentoring game is strong. I have Henderson and Milner.

Archived