Sports Interactive Community

Hi all

I’ve played FM19 for a while without any issues, but recently I’m encountering a problem where it freezes quite frequently.

I had skin packs and kits/logos installed, I tried to clear clear the cache via preferences, delete all kits/skins etc, use GForce manager to use the lowest graphic settings and uninstalling the game entirely.

it still happens. There’s no real method to the madness. Sometimes it goes days, weeks or months in-game without any problems. Sometimes it happens twice in the same run. My laptop runs much higher and more demanding games without any problems. 

It freezes (only, as far I can remember) when proceeding from one day to the next. Is there anything else that I can try?

Is this a permanent freeze or more of a pausing one?

I'm gettign the pausing one on occasions when it seems to take forever to get from one day to the next whilst it's seemingly doing nothing. Of course, forever in this instance is probably less than a minute but it feels like a lot longer when you are just sitting there, waiting for it to creep over into the next day.

I've also noticed that as I'm gettign further into my save, 9th season now, things are taking longer and these freezes are more frequent. Surely, the ~150mb save file isn't slowing it down that much? I'm also experiencing the occasional split-second freeze during matches, it just looks jumpy at times.

None of this happened for the first few seasons of my save so I can't really see my laptop being at fault, even though it's a few years old now.

It's a permanent freeze. The cursor seizes up completely and it all just gets stuck. I can't tab or windows out to force close it via task manager. I've sat and stared at it for 10 minutes, and nothing happens. The only option is then to close down the whole laptop.

I understand as seasons go on, it may take a little more time to process, but in my current save I've only done one season so this wouldn't really fit.

Also I do have a save up until 2027, and I've never had any issues with the freezing on that until recently, and my laptop is around a year old.

I’ve a issue where it pause freezes and when i go to try and sign new backroom staff it doesn’t give me the option too . Im only on 2nd season everything was fine 1st season

16 hours ago, bvllamy said:

It's a permanent freeze. The cursor seizes up completely and it all just gets stuck. I can't tab or windows out to force close it via task manager. I've sat and stared at it for 10 minutes, and nothing happens. The only option is then to close down the whole laptop.

I understand as seasons go on, it may take a little more time to process, but in my current save I've only done one season so this wouldn't really fit.

Also I do have a save up until 2027, and I've never had any issues with the freezing on that until recently, and my laptop is around a year old.

Hi can you upload your save to SI Cloud Service and let us know the name of the save so we can check for you, please? Can you also provide us with instruction on how to reproduce the freeze if possible, please? Thanks.