Football Manager 2019 Official Feedback Thread

Biggest downside for this year's FM from your pov ?  

66 members have voted

1. 1. What really annoy you this year while playing FM19 ?

• Players moaning for new contracts too often
    • Gegenpressing tactic too powerful
    • Youngsters determination decreasing despite tutoring
    • IA still stockpiling players at a specific position/low teambuilding
    • Calendar bug ,only 1 day to recover between 2 officials games, especially a the end of the season (Obviously, i'm not talking about the Boxing day)
    • International call-ups issues (players unavailable for Champions League final etc...)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Novem9 said:

@SebastianRO As I understand this happened because current ME - transition phase between past and future. I want to think this at least :) 

I want to think this as well, because I cannot imagine having more of the same in FM20 ....

• SI Staff
11 hours ago, Earnie is God! said:

@Seb Wassellwith regards to playing time mentioned above, is it still the case that only league games count? Thanks

9 hours ago, Snorks said:

I know you asked Seb, but anything other than a friendly should be counted afaik.

6 hours ago, HUNT3R said:

Yeah, and there are weightings. The league cup and FA cup will be less important than the league and CL appearances.

^

Thanks for the replies, you two three.
So this has changed at some point? I didn't buy FM18 so maybe the change occurred then.
But it always used to be the case that only league games were taken into account and was often the reply given to those questioning why a player was complaining about not playing enough.

Edited by Earnie is God!

2 hours ago, Earnie is God! said:

Thanks for the replies, you two three.
So this has changed at some point? I didn't buy FM18 so maybe the change occurred then.
But it always used to be the case that only league games were taken into account and was often the reply given to those questioning why a player was complaining about not playing enough.

As long as I can remember it was competitive games that count, not just league games. With the weighting applied, so early cup games, or Europa qualifying games less so than an FA Cup final or last game of the season  against local rivals where a win bags the league.

16 hours ago, SebastianRO said:

A good Match Engine lets you to be the creator with no boundries, no constraints and no bias towards some tactical framework - Look at FM17 and even FM18 (not to mention older, but briliant ones, like FM13 and FM14). Sure, you can create whatever system you like in FM19, but it will not work how you expect it to work because of the many flaws rooted in the ME, like:

A good match engine based on Football still isn't at all a sandbox (with no boundaries) though. Football is no sandbox. Whilst there's a lot of viable styles, there are still some rules that remain universal. They relate the sports inherent rules. Some of which don't merely apply to Football, but to any Sports that sees two Teams battling for an object, and awarding Points for moving that object behind the Opposition defense. 

A lot of the stuff you can technically do (and the AI does) in this game doesn't make much of a sense -- or realistically should be heavily punished (both by AI, as well as the ME). Oft more strongly than it is. It's the Kind of stuff that even though the game pretends to simulate semi/pro Management, wouldn't even let you pass an UEFA Z Coaching Badge, if there ever was one. I have a suspicious that if this would be taken out, and the corridor of Input narrowed down on "sensible" decisions rather than nonsensical microtweaks, the ME would Progress better. SI could Focus on actually "realistic" Play and positioning, as opposed to antipicating random gibberish the AI can still come up with as well. That may still result in varied styles, however, SI could approach and balance and directly address them as such, rather than every Manager in the game world inventing their own "spin" on it .. and occasionally also crapping out.

Speaking of which, FM17 was heavily biased towards narrowed/central overload type of tactics due to how wide mids positioned during defending-- we're Talking 3rd division sides pulling 1st division sides over the pitch because of a man Advantage in the middle of the park between AI too, but that's another Story. :D 

18 hours ago, Novem9 said:

Meanwhile AI Juventus can't win ME

574012089_Image1.thumb.png.28d626533c53f1b577d9e3f5cfe53501.png 1200519501_Image2.thumb.png.594634ca21358cce1d0c5705c1880773.png

I'm not sure this is funny or sad

Spoiler, if this repeats for AI Juve, go into the shot Analysis go through each shot dot by dot and Count how many of those shots (on target as well) actually were genuinelly from open Play, as opposed to headers etc. from set pieces under inevitably pressure. Then perhaps take a look at some of the stuff the AI may be doing tactically……….

It still won't be as severe as Real Madrid's first half of the 2017/2018 Season though (see whoscored) , or Burnley's (see whoscored), as the game has an in-built "Frustration" threshhold. :P Possibly because this game's playerbase still confuses having loads of shots on somne spreadsheet with dominating, when it is oft but a natural byproduct of one Team Focusing on defensive Football, and the other playing attacking Football for the bulk of the 90 minutes. Some of that is caused by opposing styles of Football (counter attacking vs Possession based). Some of that is caused by the run of Play -- one Team having the result it wants for most of the match (which can be a draw too), and the Opposition wanting to still score a Goal, etc.

It's been a pretty nonsense Theory been around forever that you should target fewer shots. What you should target is the spaces available, like a real manager may. Against attacking AI, it will be diferent kind of space than defensive one. You will have a lot of shots for as soon as the AI Plays rigidly defensive Football. You could sit your dog and cat in front of your PC and they would do it. The issue has Always been what Kind of shots those were, if those poor shots were too easy to come by (and if that defensive football were too hard to break down). And atm, you're probably better going with actual real-life shot analysis or Rashidi's Analysis rather than anything SI official (or any TV punditry).

Edited by Svenc

@Svenc

It's all good but concerning shoots its regular for current ME and I not sure that there are need any analysis or explains?

Random goals more often and simple in compare of goals after meaningful/sensible attacks.

For me at least, but I'm not talking my goals only, for AI and AI vs AI too.

It got to situation where I wait more for cut chance from player with a ball in 25m beside goal, than episode inside box area :D There are measure of exaggeration, but meaning is clear I guess :) 

1508852894_Image1.thumb.png.a9442e7b99d33f184d2b59b4dea80357.png

1085307879_Image2.thumb.png.542cd721777ca3e3e63bc6c8b3b6c38c.png

Edited by Novem9

@Svenc But I agree that tactical issue and opponent factor have their own place for sure

For example I won 2-0 Sassuolo, but honestly I have no real time for preparation + lazy, so hope to win by better players.

741685900_Image3.png.375e4941ceeee95fdd4c24fe06ff3d42.png

But I analyze my mistakes and opponent in game vs Milan where I won 4-1 and as you can see all goals from box and low long shots.

419749241_Image4.png.5d08ec388b88bcd2a313ca14002b72c8.png

I mean both sides have a true in opinion I guess

P.S. :D:seagull:

2095037897_Image5.thumb.png.193cc6eabf1a56e60f7c300f20a5389c.png

Edited by Novem9

On 12/07/2019 at 13:52, oblongata21 said:

The newgen profile pics themselves are horrible. Their faces like someone tried to melt a plastic actiion figurine.

Not a huge issue though

Not a huge issue if you play a season per game with Man Utd or Chelsea. It's a huge issue for those who are playing till 2040s ingame, so basically every player is a newgen. There's a screenshot somewhere on these forums where one guy had 3 regens in his first XI with the exact same face. It gets worse every year.

image.png.91f4c8022f924db21edec6909c7833

YLL6rDh.jpg

If this isn't fixed in FM20 I won't buy. 

Newgen faces don't look amazing on FM19 (in my opinion, East Asian faces are especially awful this year), but it's a bit silly to say that they could possibly be any worse than FM17's lizard men or FM18's chameleon waxworks.

I'm confident they'll look better in FM20/21 - and that they'll look rather more diverse.

Pre-FM18 newgen faces were 2D which made it possible for creators to create facepacks/hairpacks. These are now 3D. Unfortunately SI didn't provide any tools for us to create our own which means we're stuck with this garbage. 

Concerning new contract requirements...

My Winger ask new contract, current is 1.5m p/y. I ready to give him 4m p/y, but he asking 5+ and more bonuses. I tried to sell him and no reaction from other clubs, just few interesting to loan without offer.

Mb after this he must reconsider his position? Current behavior of players too much ultimate IMO

19 hours ago, Sanel said:

Not a huge issue if you play a season per game with Man Utd or Chelsea. It's a huge issue for those who are playing till 2040s ingame, so basically every player is a newgen. There's a screenshot somewhere on these forums where one guy had 3 regens in his first XI with the exact same face. It gets worse every year.

image.png.91f4c8022f924db21edec6909c7833

YLL6rDh.jpg

If this isn't fixed in FM20 I won't buy. 

I meant in terms of playing the game (ie its still playable), but i get what you mean. As well as looking horrible, there is also not much variety.

We've actually gone backwards cosmetically. And its not just the newgens faces, the stadiums are rubbish too

2 hours ago, oblongata21 said:

I meant in terms of playing the game (ie its still playable), but i get what you mean. As well as looking horrible, there is also not much variety.

We've actually gone backwards cosmetically. And its not just the newgens faces, the stadiums are rubbish too

I would have to agree with this also

20 минут назад, arwelt сказал:

I have to say this FM has been one of the more boring ones, just in terms of how cautious the AI set up. Any slight reputation advantage or good form leads to the AI going full park the bus mode and it leads to some awful games. I managed Napoli at one point in my save, and we had seasons where we'd barely concede, the best of all being 4 goals conceded. An entire league campaign, and we conceded 4 goals. Not because I'm some genius tactician, but because teams barely tried to go forward. Going away to a Pochettino or Zidane managed Juventus (I can't remmeber exactly which one of the two it was) only to be faced with a flat 4-5-1 that aimed to sit in their own half was tedious to watch.

Obviously there are factors that made this even worse. I focused on possession,  and probably had too many shouts etc making us blunt, as well as being in Serie A so teams are obviously going to favour more defensive tactics. The caution still felt a bit too much.

The same is starting to happen now I'm at Liverpool. I play a 4-2-3-1 and we do create a lot of chances, but still the AI appears too cautious. Chesea away and Nagelsmann decides to drop their second best player (an AMC) in order to play a defensive 5-4-1. Even after 80 minutes at 0-0, he doesn't change formation at all until we score a late winner.

I agree. The best example - I played by Kaiserslautern in Germany and just promoted to 2 Bundesliga.
My mental was standart, but almost all teams play cautios with me, but my media prediction about 15-20 place, dont remember exactly now.
Only Koln played with me in attack mentality and they created a lot of troubles for me... but their player took red card in first half and troubles finished. :(

Actually there are no real rival if your tactic is calibrated - even you lose your competitor, he will lose more points in next games.

I had a real rivals with 2-3 other clubs each season in FM16 and FM17, it was real nice.

Edited by Novem9

Club reputation is also way off, as it has been seemingly forever. It's far too easy to increase it a huge amount, especially at smaller clubs.

I manage Cardiff and we have finished 6th, 10th, 7th, 5th, 6th, 3rd and 2nd in the EPL.
We won the Carabao Cup twice, the Europa League once and, last season, the Champions League.

That's just two major trophies, two minor ones and no league title.

Yet we rocketed up to 2nd in the reputation list, only behind Man U. So that means we have a bigger reputation than Liverpool, Man City, Barcelona, Real Madrid, Juventus, Bayern Munich, PSG and all the other big boys who have so much history and trophy cabinets full of silverware? Get real.

I used our new reputation to sign Mbappe, now 26yo and at the top of his game. It looks like he may lead us to our first ever title but there's no way he should have been eager to leave PSG (who we beat in the CL final) and join us.

5 часов назад, Earnie is God! сказал:

Club reputation is also way off, as it has been seemingly forever. It's far too easy to increase it a huge amount, especially at smaller clubs.

I manage Cardiff and we have finished 6th, 10th, 7th, 5th, 6th, 3rd and 2nd in the EPL.
We won the Carabao Cup twice, the Europa League once and, last season, the Champions League.

Yet we rocketed up to 2nd in the reputation list, only behind Man U. So that means we have a bigger reputation than Liverpool, Man City, Barcelona, Real Madrid, Juventus, Bayern Munich, PSG and all the other big boys who have so much history and trophy cabinets full of silverware? Get real.

I used our new reputation to sign Mbappe, now 26yo and at the top of his game. It looks like he may lead us to our first ever title but there's no way he should have been eager to leave PSG (who we beat in the CL final) and join us.

IMO this is good reputation system.

Much better in compare of FM17 and older where club could be in 7-10 places few seasons and still has world reputation.

And other club play every season better and better but still has 3 stars lol

A lot of people asked for improve old system for better dynamic and thank you SI for improve it!

On 19/07/2019 at 16:57, arwelt said:

I have to say this FM has been one of the more boring ones, just in terms of how cautious the AI set up. Any slight reputation advantage or good form leads to the AI going full park the bus mode and it leads to some awful games. I managed Napoli at one point in my save, and we had seasons where we'd barely concede, the best of all being 4 goals conceded. An entire league campaign, and we conceded 4 goals. Not because I'm some genius tactician, but because teams barely tried to go forward. Going away to a Pochettino or Zidane managed Juventus (I can't remmeber exactly which one of the two it was) only to be faced with a flat 4-5-1 that aimed to sit in their own half was tedious to watch.

Obviously there are factors that made this even worse. I focused on possession,  and probably had too many shouts etc making us blunt, as well as being in Serie A so teams are obviously going to favour more defensive tactics. The caution still felt a bit too much.

The same is starting to happen now I'm at Liverpool. I play a 4-2-3-1 and we do create a lot of chances, but still the AI appears too cautious. Chesea away and Nagelsmann decides to drop their second best player (an AMC) in order to play a defensive 5-4-1. Even after 80 minutes at 0-0, he doesn't change formation at all until we score a late winner.

Too many matches end up horrendous borefests because the AI is so overly defensive. It's a shame because when they do actually go on the attack the ME can look very good.

Case in point the last match I played, I'm Gladbach away to Hertha in the fourth game of the first season, so no time for form or reputation changes. Hertha are slightly lower rep than us but play the entire match in a defensive 4-1-4-1, attempting 4 shots at goal with 85% pass completion because their CBs and DM spent the whole game passing to each other despite me trying my best to press and even changing to 4-2-3-1 just to try to win the ball back. I shut the game down because I cannot be bothered wasting my time watching **** like this anymore. 

hertha v gladbach.png

On 20/07/2019 at 03:29, Earnie is God! said:

Start with a non-league club or a club outside the top 10 of Europe and tell me reputation is easy. The reason that your reputation is increasing heavily is because your playing in the Premier League. This is why I avoid saves in England. Also Cardiff starts with 3/3.5* reputation, I guess? 

Edited by Sanel

4 hours ago, Sanel said:

Start with a non-league club or a club outside the top 10 of Europe and tell me reputation is easy. The reason that your reputation is increasing heavily is because your playing in the Premier League. This is why I avoid saves in England. Also Cardiff starts with 3/3.5* reputation, I guess? 

If you mean top 10 leagues then no, probably not but that's more the way it should be, right?
But manage in any of the main leagues, which I'd say the majority of FMers do, then yes, reputation is easy.
The EPL is ranked 2nd behind La Liga in my save as it has been from the start.

In the top 20 clubs, there are these representatives:
5 in England
4 in Spain
4 in Germany
3 in France
3 in Italy
1 in Portugal

It's always been weighted towards the 'big 5' leagues and avoiding England isn't necessarily the answer.

I was slightly mistaken with my previous post though. We are indeed 2nd but not behind Man U. We are actually one ahead of Man U and behind only Bayern Munich.

20190708004507_1.thumb.jpg.1c2465ff2c3729976c76106162b19d13.jpg

That's multiple trophy winners Manchester United, with all their history too that we have a higher reputation than.
Plus, they are the current Premier League Champions and also runners up the three previous seasons.

20190722004009_1.thumb.jpg.ad1900b6c2713926893b6069828583da.jpg

And that's before we even get to Spanish giants Barcelona and Real Madrid and all the others.

Cardiff were 3* at the start, yes. Behind a few Championship clubs.

20190722010651_1.thumb.jpg.3506087354798fb2859c19eecd6c80fd.jpg

This Cardiff save is the only one I have done in FM19 but you did mention non-league clubs and (I didn't play FM18) in FM17 I took tiny Ilkeston Town from the 7th tier of English football (Evo-Stik Northern Premier) to the EPL in successive seasons, then finished 2nd, 2nd and 5th before I moved on to Liverpool.
Reputation went from half a star to 4 stars and the 25th 'biggest' club in the World in just 9 seasons (and just 3 in the EPL).

20190722012201_1.thumb.jpg.5958cbc3e5fbd255701127fd93e88e86.jpg20190722012123_1.thumb.jpg.bce969cc84d842d6d56a87d61615d5b5.jpg

So yes, gaining reputation is far too easy, even for the smallest of clubs don't you think?

I'd like if SI were to provide an early pre-relase beta of FM20 to people who've bought FM19 tbh, rather than just those who pre-order FM20. I've gone on enough about this year's ME but it's just unenjoyable more than anything regardless of results, with certain aspects of the style of play hardcoded, inflexible and unchangeable despite it being contrary to how I want my team to play. I can only speak for myself but I'd certainly have less reservations about purchasing FM20 with the peace of mind of knowing the things that made me (figuratively) want to pull my hair out were rectified; being able to provide earlier feedback on the next ME iteration would go a long way towards this.

I

3 hours ago, autohoratio said:

I'd like if SI were to provide an early pre-relase beta of FM20 to people who've bought FM19 tbh, rather than just those who pre-order FM20. I've gone on enough about this year's ME but it's just unenjoyable more than anything regardless of results, with certain aspects of the style of play hardcoded, inflexible and unchangeable despite it being contrary to how I want my team to play. I can only speak for myself but I'd certainly have less reservations about purchasing FM20 with the peace of mind of knowing the things that made me (figuratively) want to pull my hair out were rectified; being able to provide earlier feedback on the next ME iteration would go a long way towards this.

I doubt it. Some stuff will be fixed and more problems will appear.

I already learned my lesson with 18 and now 19 and lost a pretty big deal of confidence. I will just wait for March, that's when the game is truly released.

Edited by Lanko

20 hours ago, Earnie is God! said:

*reputation rant*

I really have no clue what you're on about. You're playing with Cardiff, one of the biggest clubs in the UK with the one of the best training and youth facilities out there. Compared to other clubs in Europe Cardiff is huge, don't fool yourself.

There's no challenge for expierenced FM players here so it's working by design. It's not like you're achieving this with a club from the Irish 2nd tier. I also don't understand why you're showing us a screenshot of FM 17 because the reputation system was different back then. You claim that the reputation increased massively after you've finished 3 consecutive times in top the 5 of the PL, which again, is working by design. Imagine if that happens IRL (see Leicester). Combined with the ******** money you get in the PL and with the current reputation system, it's fairly easy to overwelm other clubs in Europe. That doesn't mean SI has to change something to the reputation system because it's working as intended. This is why I said that you should avoid saves in England.

On the other side I have a save in Sweden, 8 or 9 years in and we are still stuck at 3.5*... :)  SI should focus on fixing the AI behavior instead, could write 3 pages about that. 

67284c11d03f3f86d8099c231c64bc4a.png

839bada87f2749a2114000f2f981b33f.png

Complacency/lack of motiviation in friendlies is frustrating. When your tactic requires players with high workrates, and I assume determination and professionalism, it becomes difficult to assess how your tactics are performing when some players aren't playing to their abilities.

In the pre-match briefing, telling them you're making big changes to the lineup because there can be no room for complacency doesn't even evoke a reaction (no briefing dialogue options have an effect in friendlies, they just sit there like clothing mannequins.) Spamming "Demand more" every 10 minutes very often only prompts a reaction from two or three players. Outside of matches, why is there no player interaction option to tell them they looked complacent or unmotivated in the previous match, and you're considering dropping them from the lineup if it continues? If I want to scold my players for not giving their all in games, I should be able to do so. If I want to tell my captain to do a better job motivating the squad in the dressing room, I should be able to do so. If I want to tell a player he wasn't pressing well enough and gave an opponent too much time on the ball/let them dribble into an open space by not closing him down, I should be able to do so.

That last one leads into another gripe I have with player interactions - there aren't enough options to warn a player for poor performance. Midfielder careless in possession and lets the ball drift too far from a pass before taking control of it or completely fails to recognise an opponent right in front of him is trying to tackle him until after he's been dispossessed? Nope, no dialogue option to criticise that! Just "you weren't good enough defensively" if that even appears, and is likely to elicit a negative reaction if they had good defensive stats apart from that. Player has a poor game in several aspects and want to criticise multiple things? Nope! You only get to choose one. Player had a good game in some aspects but poor in others and you want to offer nuanced feedback? Sorry, no can do—better hope he doesn't snap back with "my performance was excellent, have you been to the opticians recently?" if you dare tell him he needs to improve!

Hi @Neil Brock,

I understand the bug thread for FM19 has closed but I don't know if this is something that can be looked into for FM20?

I have attached a file (don't know if you can play it) where a goal is disallowed, via VAR, from a throw in.  The assist comes from a player who, might/might not be in a offside position, but it doesn't matter as you cannot be offside from a throw in, receives the ball from a throw in.  He then passes to a player who scores from a shot, via a deflection.  The goal was then disallowed via VAR.

Liverpool v Bournemouth PL.pkm

I've started a new save with Napoli and just endured a league match which perfectly encapsulates the ME issues that have been discussed at length in this thread. Whilst I perfectly understand Cagliari setting up defensively for an away match in Naples, the extreme nature of their park the bus mentality completely kills the in-game experience:

image.thumb.png.a711297a95defd70616789ec65033fb1.png

• They opted for a defensive 5-4-1, resulting in zero shots in the entire match
  • They didn't change formation or mentality once in the entire match; even after falling a goal behind
  • Both of my goals were 30 yard screamers from a full back and a defensive midfielder (which drives up their ratings and goal numbers over the course of a season, whilst strikers suffer immensely)
  • My forward players were utterly ineffective statues throughout the game, despite the system being built to encourage off the ball movement
  • With 9 opposition players stubbornly defending the penalty area, even an F9, Mez and overlapping wingbacks, players routinely shoot from ridiculous positions when a diagonal switch of play is the better option
  • Countless crossing opportunities are refused for vital seconds; which allows defenders to close down and block the attempt (which in turn, inflates set piece numbers)

The ME is not broken, it is imbalanced. I can only speculate that if the AI adopted a more positive approach to matches, we'd end up with cricket scores. Perhaps that's what happened in testing and this was the only way to achieve realistic scorelines (a metric that SI holds very dear).

The problem is, this game often falls short of its intended purpose; which is to be fun.

• Administrators
4 hours ago, paul harrison said:

Hi @Neil Brock,

I understand the bug thread for FM19 has closed but I don't know if this is something that can be looked into for FM20?

I have attached a file (don't know if you can play it) where a goal is disallowed, via VAR, from a throw in.  The assist comes from a player who, might/might not be in a offside position, but it doesn't matter as you cannot be offside from a throw in, receives the ball from a throw in.  He then passes to a player who scores from a shot, via a deflection.  The goal was then disallowed via VAR.

Liverpool v Bournemouth PL.pkm 203.49 kB · 0 downloads

Unfortunately the pkm isn't any use now in the work which is being done now, but VAR and officials decision making will be checked for any issues. Almost positive the game is aware you can't be offside from a throw - I get a feeling this was a one-off based on the VAR decision rather than something that happens say from every throw. 

11 hours ago, autohoratio said:

Complacency/lack of motiviation in friendlies is frustrating. When your tactic requires players with high workrates, and I assume determination and professionalism, it becomes difficult to assess how your tactics are performing when some players aren't playing to their abilities.

In the pre-match briefing, telling them you're making big changes to the lineup because there can be no room for complacency doesn't even evoke a reaction (no briefing dialogue options have an effect in friendlies, they just sit there like clothing mannequins.) Spamming "Demand more" every 10 minutes very often only prompts a reaction from two or three players. Outside of matches, why is there no player interaction option to tell them they looked complacent or unmotivated in the previous match, and you're considering dropping them from the lineup if it continues? If I want to scold my players for not giving their all in games, I should be able to do so. If I want to tell my captain to do a better job motivating the squad in the dressing room, I should be able to do so. If I want to tell a player he wasn't pressing well enough and gave an opponent too much time on the ball/let them dribble into an open space by not closing him down, I should be able to do so.

That last one leads into another gripe I have with player interactions - there aren't enough options to warn a player for poor performance. Midfielder careless in possession and lets the ball drift too far from a pass before taking control of it or completely fails to recognise an opponent right in front of him is trying to tackle him until after he's been dispossessed? Nope, no dialogue option to criticise that! Just "you weren't good enough defensively" if that even appears, and is likely to elicit a negative reaction if they had good defensive stats apart from that. Player has a poor game in several aspects and want to criticise multiple things? Nope! You only get to choose one. Player had a good game in some aspects but poor in others and you want to offer nuanced feedback? Sorry, no can do—better hope he doesn't snap back with "my performance was excellent, have you been to the opticians recently?" if you dare tell him he needs to improve!

The whole player interactions are ishy. Pre match briefing was okay but got really annoying after a few times and after figuring it out that it hasnt worked great I just stopped using it and left it to the assman. 

Game shouts are awful, some give the exact thing all the time and im not sure it works, some that would be useful like "Encourage" to spur on the team makes the interaction like the players are saying "wtf im doing the best" and then a casual demand more would be like " nice, just what I needed" motivating them but only in written form. 

Options for the 1v1 is limited, could be alot better but at the same time covers the basics and the reactions do work based on what you tell them. My issue would be when they are "close/very close" to you relationship wise and if someone who unsettles them by bidding on them (generally always wanting to move with the same excuses of money or playing time when you've won everything...) and you reject their move they instantly hate you. Manolas did the exact thing because he wanted a new contract after rejecting a 35 mill bid when he's easily worth 50+ on my save and cause I rejected his contract extention (cause im going to sell him in the summer) he's angry and publicly shamed me. Fortunately only 1 person thinks he should get it and I've stripped him of the vice captaincy. It'd be useful to talk to angry players which you can't to see the full extent and maybe offer a negotiation. As for Half time and full time, still limited with the same reactions, there's a lot of downfalls to this fm and it's ishy in some areas, hope they change this for fm20 and other future fm games. 

7 hours ago, Neil Brock said:

Unfortunately the pkm isn't any use now in the work which is being done now, but VAR and officials decision making will be checked for any issues. Almost positive the game is aware you can't be offside from a throw - I get a feeling this was a one-off based on the VAR decision rather than something that happens say from every throw. 

Thanks @Neil Brock

8 hours ago, BigV said:

The whole player interactions are ishy.

Game shouts are awful, some give the exact thing all the time and im not sure it works, some that would be useful like "Encourage" to spur on the team makes the interaction like the players are saying "wtf im doing the best" and then a casual demand more would be like " nice, just what I needed" motivating them but only in written form.

Agreed.
I rarely use game shouts because I'm not convinced they work either and also due to receiving some strange reactions to them.
The only two I may use are 'encourage' and 'demand more'. 'Encourage' I might use midway through the first half if the game's a bit dull or we are losing. It's early in the game and I don' want to be ripping into the players at that point. Unfortunately, even with this seemingly mild shout, I can get a response from some of them of 'overwhelmed by the feedback'. Erm, what? I'm giving them encouragement and it's not as if I'm shouting that just 2min into the game. Why would they be overwhelmed?

And 'demand more' I may use going into the last 10min if we aren't winning. That generally provides a more positive reaction but I still think the whole thing is very hit and miss and they don't really do what they are supposed to.

As for interaction and specifically contracts, I really don't want to start on that one. I think I already said enough about it a few weeks ago on here.

I really think they should clarify much more the effects of shouts.

"Calm Down" didn't mean what I thought it meant, "Demand More" apparently increases tempo but I can't see how much while also reducing physical condition faster, though I also don't know by how much. I only read recently in some other forum that "Concentrate" increases Antecipation and Concentration but also makes players more tense and nervours, which for me seems like it cancels things out (or could potentially make them worse).

Yet there is nothing official, which is mind boggling as no one really knows the full extent of what the shouts really do.

31 minutes ago, Earnie is God! said:

Agreed.
I rarely use game shouts because I'm not convinced they work either and also due to receiving some strange reactions to them.
The only two I may use are 'encourage' and 'demand more'. 'Encourage' I might use midway through the first half if the game's a bit dull or we are losing. It's early in the game and I don' want to be ripping into the players at that point. Unfortunately, even with this seemingly mild shout, I can get a response from some of them of 'overwhelmed by the feedback'. Erm, what? I'm giving them encouragement and it's not as if I'm shouting that just 2min into the game. Why would they be overwhelmed?

And 'demand more' I may use going into the last 10min if we aren't winning. That generally provides a more positive reaction but I still think the whole thing is very hit and miss and they don't really do what they are supposed to.

As for interaction and specifically contracts, I really don't want to start on that one. I think I already said enough about it a few weeks ago on here.

Agreed, I think demand more just gives positive feedback no matter what. You could be winning and still they up themselves. Never seen a direct helping from it but I've had times where i've said it and we've scored not long after but that could be normal factors. Get creative seems to be weird effecting defenders aswell...

@Lanko that's strange, contradictory in some aspects. Guess we'll need to wait for 20. 

I've had mixed reactions in the past when I've tried "get creative", "concentrate" or "show some passion".
Without really knowing how they affect players, I try to stay clear of those even though, logically, they are ones you would probably like to use.
Of course it does also depend on what kind of players you have, their personalities, etc.

It just needs to be clearer as to what they really mean as, without that, it's just another gimmick.

9 hours ago, Lanko said:

I really think they should clarify much more the effects of shouts.

"Calm Down" didn't mean what I thought it meant, "Demand More" apparently increases tempo but I can't see how much while also reducing physical condition faster, though I also don't know by how much. I only read recently in some other forum that "Concentrate" increases Antecipation and Concentration but also makes players more tense and nervours, which for me seems like it cancels things out (or could potentially make them worse).

Yet there is nothing official, which is mind boggling as no one really knows the full extent of what the shouts really do.

In match touchline shouts don't do any of that - they don't affect player attributes or tactical instructions at all.  What you read on another site is completely false.

There's a guide here, pinned to the top of the Tactics and Training forum in the "Guides - Please Read" thread.

Sometimes when I ask my assistant manager to suggest an offer for a player during contract negiotiations he adds clauses that are locked and thus impossible for me to remove. It's possible that the player in question would want that clausule, but there's no reason for my assistant manager to make them impossible to remove before the contract is even suggested to the player, Not to mention is way above his paygrade to decide what I can or cannot include in the contract offer.

Edited by Viking

On 13/07/2019 at 17:04, Schotsmannetje said:

I have only one day of rest between a Europa League Quarter Final  (thursday) and a Premier League Match (saturday afternoon). Is that normal? Bit harsh...

Yeah its normal. In fact i had a game every 2nd day in April in my save, a combination of league games, FA Cup matches, UEFA cup matches and a few which were from my opponents having our match rescheduled from earlier in the year. It was a nightmare. 

Edited by oblongata21

1 hour ago, herne79 said:

In match touchline shouts don't do any of that - they don't affect player attributes or tactical instructions at all.  What you read on another site is completely false.

There's a guide here, pinned to the top of the Tactics and Training forum in the "Guides - Please Read" thread.

I wish it was clear ingame.

And not affecting tactical instrutions, the ingame tips say that Push Forward in an Overload mentality will make the goalkeeper go to the opposition's area when there's a corner kick.

I heard another myth about FM :lol:

'If you play very long session in FM, the game starts to defeat your team, so that you stop playing and return to real life' 

I'm not sure but looks like this said seriously :D

59 minutes ago, Novem9 said:

I heard another myth about FM :lol:

'If you play very long session in FM, the game starts to defeat your team, so that you stop playing and return to real life' 

I'm not sure but looks like this said seriously :D

It's true!! In all seriousness the AI does adapt to you as you go through each season and 19 forces you to make different instructions to try and get an advantage.

I couldn't find this anywhere in the forums or guides but the PI for crossing into a designated area has a few options. Does the target man refer to the player it's trying to cross to or the target man meaning the specific striker/strikers you have upfront? Trying to switch my tactic into a dribbling side with quick players and wondering "low crossing" along side a designated position of crosses would be a lot useful rather than having balls being thrown into the box when the jump reach and heading is somewhat of a weakness. 

Also is the PI shoot more often (striker) contradictory to TI's "working the ball in the box"? 

Edited by BigV
more

22 минуты назад, BigV сказал:

It's true!! In all seriousness the AI does adapt to you as you go through each season and 19 forces you to make different instructions to try and get an advantage.

You dont understand. In 'session' I mean hours for one 'sitting down' :) 

Could have selected all these suggestion tbh

But for me, players are asking for new contracts far too often is really a pain

Can't count the players,despite long terms contracts , asking me for new contracts, not even after 1 full season completed

Really bothering for me this continuous moaning :)