Football Manager 2019 Official Feedback Thread

Biggest downside for this year's FM from your pov ?  

66 members have voted

1. 1. What really annoy you this year while playing FM19 ?

• Players moaning for new contracts too often
    • Gegenpressing tactic too powerful
    • Youngsters determination decreasing despite tutoring
    • IA still stockpiling players at a specific position/low teambuilding
    • Calendar bug ,only 1 day to recover between 2 officials games, especially a the end of the season (Obviously, i'm not talking about the Boxing day)
    • International call-ups issues (players unavailable for Champions League final etc...)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, SebastianRO said:

fanboys

And @ everyone else:  Drop all the "fanboy" digs please.  It's not only divisive and provocative but factually incorrect - there's not a single person who just defends the game or "refuses" to see issues.

There is no "them" and "us" (fanboy / non-fanboys) just a single Community who all want the same thing (a better game), so perpetuating such myths helps nobody.  Honestly I'm sick and tired of that kind of BS.  There is no need for such words to be used and the only reason for doing so is to deliberately take pot shots at others.

I think it's about time some here started paying attention to the Infractions system, especially the Infractions relating to "Use of fanboy"; "Abusing other members"; and "Persistent Anti-Social Forum Behaviour".  Ignore them at your own risk.

1 hour ago, MBarbaric said:

just out of interest, would it then be correct to assume that "no right-mineded person would be happy to pay the full price for something that isn't going to be achieved in the first place"?

It's a flippant point, but there's truth in it.  At release, you have the option to just put your faith in the product (through reputation or previous experience) or you can try and demo.  At that stage, if you're not happy in either respect, I would absolutely encourage you not to part with your money.  Why would you in those cases?  I've never understood the people that say "I hated FMX and FMY, and I've just bought FMZ and I hate it too".  It has to be one of the stupidest things you could do to spend money on something that has previously let you down multiple times, and then continue to complain about it.  In those cases, the customer is the larger part of the problem than the product.  I've bought every last version, but I'll probably have to think about 20 because I've just barely got my moneys worth out of 19.  Nothing relating to bugs, etc, just not as fun as it used to be.

1 hour ago, SebastianRO said:

When I say "finished product" i mean a polished game with no major bugs like we keep getting on release for years.

"Major" is incredibly subjective, but you'd be hard pressed to name one edition that didn't have a "major" bug in it according to certain groups.  

I'm not saying don't have expectations, but people often pitch them far too high, and then shovel the blame onto developers (and this isn't just SI by any stretch) when impossible expectations don't get reached.  The ME is likely never going to properly balanced, and - my own opinion alone - I expect that would be echoed by the people working on it.  The complexity of the system is always going to mean that changing one thing is going to ripple through and potentially cause issues.  It's all about taking those issues and trying to smooth them out without making those ripples even bigger.

Edited by forameuss

4 hours ago, prot651 said:

I think a lot of people get frustrated because we try to advise them what is wrong with the game like in the bugs section yet we are left with no answers . The best idea would be a forum that the developers could answer and connect with the players to solve some issues . I would love to connect with the developers to have some input . They could also explain why some things are not possible to fix . The way it is now is that they don't seem to listen or understand but im sure this isn't the case but it does become frustrating when on the promotions and Box or on Steam its touted as realistic and the best ever etc etc yet every year we wait for patches to fix issues . Personally I think they should skip FM20 and make FM21 but of course the good old money making machine wouldn't happen . I agree with shirajzl   as every year its the same old thing that they release the game then a small patch followed 4 months later by a bigger patch then that's it . That's been the formula since 2010 im sure . 3D has always been disappointing for me personally . Its like a great movie with a terrible ending that you cant recommend it coz the ending was bad . Just wish they would concentrate of the end product being as good as the game itself . Anyway just some of my own constructive views so don't throw stones lol

Agreed. I think most of us here are being polite and are just expressing some feelings from the experience of playing the game. And true, some or many issues are really not so serious enough as to be reported as a bug. And some people are not willing to bother providing .pkm any more, that's fine. Nothing's being taken personally, so there's no need at all to take some comments here personally for both parties, except for those impolite ones of course. It's just that what's left for us to do here, apart from providing saves or pkm. When there's more positive response, maybe there will be less moanings. 

Ooops! I know that everyone wants the best of the game, and for now what we should be doing really is being patient and be a good boy and sit down starting play and enjoy the game.

Edited by Arnoldzhu

16 hours ago, yezzko said:

Some observations again:

- players with back to goal refusing to pass back(this looks absurdly ridiculous)

- a lot of unneccesary headers (especially from defenders) when is better to take the ball to the ground

These two are huge! Never brought them up here because I'm not really sure if this constitutes a bug or not but these two issues plague me very frequently.

On 03/03/2019 at 09:57, Weston said:

I appreciate your response! I was not expecting to hear anything until Monday so thank you for taking the time to reply. Let me preface this by again saying you guys do a great job and have made a lot of impressive improvements, and I understand you have a lot of work to do outside of these forums. All of this comes purely from a place of constructive criticism as I've put a lot of effort into logging these and other problems I find and want to continue to help make the game better for everyone.

If you can't give specific status updates on issues that are currently being tested are you at least able to tell me if any of the bugs I've listed as not reported fixed have in fact been fixed but just aren't mentioned in the changelist? I understand why the changelist that is tweeted out with the announcement is shortened, but perhaps many on here would appreciate a more in-depth changelist posted on the forums somewhere.

I'm confused by how some of these are considered too low of a priority when it seems other related or adjacent issues of much less consequence have been fixed. I will give three examples. First, the changelist mentions "Adjusted marking of players coming short for throw-ins," yet my ENTIRE throw-in set piece routine is still ignored and the players default to some generic positioning instead. This is something that I believe has been happening since release, and I logged it two months ago. I would argue this should be a priority bug as an entire tactical feature is being rendered useless.

Secondly, the changelist mentions "Fixed rare issue where some promises would incorrectly complete or cancel immediately after being made," yet there is no mention of fixing the very common issue where promises incorrectly are failed despite the manager successfully completing them, or being in the process of doing so. This is an issue that has been happening since FM17/18, but here is where I logged one example two months ago. I would argue this should be a priority bug as it can cause you to lose playoff games with a protesting squad that thinks you've failed to achieve promotion even though you're still in it, or force you to have to sell unhappy players who don't realize you played them in their preferred position/role literally 100% of the time but now they won't budge in their outrage. Worse still, this is something that catches you with no warning after a season of thinking things are going okay, and also it seems like something that would be fixable with the in-game editor, but it turns out it is not.

For one last example, the changelist mentions "Italian title and relegation decider games being played simultaneously" (thank you for this, I have raised this issue for years and am very excited to see it finally fixed!) and "Italian Serie B expanded to 20 teams from 19/20 season," showing that Italian rules are being looked at. However it is not reported that you've addressed the issue that causes you to be get stuck with back-to-back fixtures, which people have been reporting much worse cases of for ages but I reported my one instance here two months ago. Also, it was not reported that you've addressed the issue where the game does not follow the rule banning manager movement between clubs in the same league in the same season, which has caused me to miss out on multiple hirings because of the game only offering me the job immediately, but rejecting me when I ask to move at the end of the season to follow the rule. I reported this two months ago. It is also not reported that the Serie A transfer window end date has been fixed, which was reported at least two months ago (my save shows this is not fixed, but it may require a new save to appear, so it's possible it was addressed just not listed and I wouldn't be able to tell). I would argue all three of these are more crucial to gameplay than the final fixtures being played simultaneously.

I have done my best to bump issues that are not receiving responses, and have just recently followed up in some individual topics to ask if the new update addresses them. I will considering sending you a PM in the future should a bug posting again not receive any response for an extended period, which happens from time to time. As for becoming involved with Private Beta/Alpha testing, it's tough to predict where I will be in terms of work/family commitments, etc. come FM20, but this is something I would definitely be interested in participating in, as you can see I do spend a decent amount of time contributing to this sort of thing anyway when I can.

---

Edit as of 3 AM UK time, March 5: @Neil Brock I just want to make sure you saw my reply as it could easily get lost in this quick-moving thread. Do you have any insight on the issues above? Thanks!

@Neil Brock Hi Neil - Sorry to follow up again but still hoping you might be able to respond with some insight on the above. Thanks!

4 часа назад, SebastianRO сказал:

I only invoked the "2 years release cycle" and "up the price" because some fanboys here are saying that SI doesnt have the time to fix everything or they don't have enough devs,etc. If this is true, that there are only 3 possible outcomes:

No sense to discuss about release cycles. Also up the price is controversial idea.

Btw some users write about DLC model sometimes and I can't imagine this too. For example - you have a FM like FM17 version. SI released Mezzala DLC? :) DLC of hierarchy? Patch of new tactical module?

This model is real good for Paradox games (actually basic game cheaper DLC package in several times :D, but DLCs is nice too) , but how it help for FM quality? 

Greetings from Germany.

i hope SI will Change their Prioritary between ME and the Release from FM20
= fresh new ME (21 Century technique and Quality)

+ i ho,pe SI change  their minds to the Community
the Community is big (example Forum here and example in Germany (Meistertrainerforum)
- so SI can use many Users, who give reports and bugs and positive Change Tipps

and i am sure, that in this example Forums, User, who can code and have Talent in Programming
= so, please include those talent people for an much better and fresh FM:
(Interviews, ME, Sounds, Atmopshere, and much more..)

Edited by SpiderJu

6 hours ago, SebastianRO said:

When I say "finished product" i mean a polished game with no major bugs like we keep getting on release for years.  I mean an actual ME when you can implement any tactical framework / condition succesfuly as long as you do it right and not be forced into some specific patterns of play . A game that doesn't have graphical issues (frame drops even on the highest end computers). You know what I mean. I am not crazy to believe that there could ever be a finsihed product in the literal sense of the word because exactly what you said "it's a constantly evolving product. But the key opperative word is EVOLVING. Throwing in features that are arguably poorly implemented combined with this ME ... excuse me but this is no evolution whatsoever. The only thing that evolved from past edition/s is the database and the responsivness of the UI. If I would be able to go back into the past, I would have no problem paying 80-100£ on FM17 knowing that I would have to play it for 2-3 years (at least). That game had bugs too when it launched. It wasn't perfect. But here's the difference: it wasn't anything game breaking, the Match Engine was sound. So yes, compared to FM18 and FM19 that one was the most finished product.

Your contradicting yourself there. All and i will say it ALL Major yearly releases have everything you just state. You all think it's so easy to do everything you have stated above in 5-6 months? While working on other things as well. The game goes through a bunch of bug fixes bunch of updates and irritations that we never see or even know about. 

- When your team can play exactly how you ask them to

My team plays exactly how i want them to. I also know its a game so i don't think my team is gonna play real-life football but i get a nice balance of things that am looking for. 

When there are no exploits (3 up front, corners, etc)

Will never happen. Every game has exploits, every! Just look at Anthem right now. 

When the AI managers behave at least remotly realistic in their management and tactical decisions

Alot harder than most of you think, and again seeing as the AI in game industry is pretty basic, this has along way to go before we get realistic AI. It's not easy and its by far the hardest thing to get right in programming. 

When the interface (and ease of access) is as streamlined as possible while incorporating all the features.

This is very subjective. As what you might believe is easier to use might be a hinderance to others can they fine-tune and make things better yes they can. 

You're listing fairy tail and unrealistic expectations. All for a yearly release covering multiple facets. Maybe because i work in software development while i can understand the struggles SI face but everything most of you have listed out is nothing short of a unrealistic with time and manpower available. 

@Amarante

1. You mentioned ANTHEM (the most broken AAA game in recent history along with Fallout 76) as an excuse for the topic ..... says it all.

2. You are justifying poor AI in FM by pointing at the low standard in the industry. The reason for why AI is very poor all across the gaming industry is because it's AN INDUSTRY !!!! We have poorer AI in games nowdays than we used to have in the past. Remember the game F.E.A.R ? or CoD 1&2 ? Those games had great AI and that it's just the tip of the iceberg. The more of an industry the gaming became, the more the money mattered more. The result couldn't have been different than the one we have today: MVP - minimum viable product. You know what I am talking about ....

3. Your team plays exactly how you want them to play. Great. So ? Does that mean that we are just going to ignore compelling arguments (proven time and time again with videos exactly on this form) against this edition of the ME ?

4. I am listing fairly tall and unrealistic expectation ? What ? I am not listing anything other than SI advertised in the weeks prior to the game launch "most realistic game engine ever", this, that ...

I don't even know why I felt compelled to reply to such an empty post that has absolutly no substance. Enjoy the game.

@MatthewS17

At this point it doesn't really matter what the reason is. What is your experience with FM19 btw ?

5 minutes ago, SebastianRO said:

At this point it doesn't really matter what the reason is. What is your experience with FM19 btw ?

What I mean by that, is that people should stop expecting SI to suddenly come out with something wonderful or at least balanced when the current formula is successful for them. I've stated this time and time again: I've seen non profit lone developers work endlessly on their games no matter how massive the task, and provide regular feedback to their fanbase, because that shows a passion for what you're trying to create, and a desire for something as close to perfection as it gets. As a developer in progress, so to speak, I can relate to this. 

As to answer your question, watching football drives my passion to want to play this, and live the fictional life of managing my team to glory, and playing FM19 makes me regret that decision. The game intelligence is poor, and there's no intellectual movement, even with the update, which wasn't much. Idc about interface and stuff, I just want a decent match engine that allows me to play the style I want to play, how I want to play it. 

For me, I really last enjoyed FM15, where I played endlessly. 

FM17 was good, not great,but still enjoyable. 

FM18 had some decent points to it, but the lack of strikers being able to finish and the long shots became a theme. Midfield movement was the issue here. 

FM19 is just dreary. The striking movement is still a bit meh, there's not enough dynamism in midfield, which is a crucial part of real life attacking teams, which all hinders the ability to create space, the long shots aren't fixed, and gets a bit dull, all your players shifting to one side to press a single player and leaving the entire field open is an issue. 

It's my love for football that keeps me reinstalling when I've uninstalled, but I'm really starting to feel totally done with this game. 

@MatthewS17

I agree with you on these points. I enjoyed FM15 a lot and played it over FM16 (couldn't stand the cross fest in that edition) and then FM17 came out and I completly enjoyed it. I went out of my way to praise the game for balance, simplicity and lack of major game-breaking bugs. On top of that, it was fun, a lot of that. At this point I hope that FM20 will do it for me :)

4 hours ago, SebastianRO said:

You mentioned ANTHEM (the most broken AAA game in recent history along with Fallout 76) as an excuse for the topic ..... says it all

It was the first one that came to mind, since we have gone to a digital distribution model games are being shipped more and more with bugs and glitches. 

4 hours ago, SebastianRO said:

Those games had great AI and that it's just the tip of the iceberg. The more of an industry the gaming became, the more the money mattered more. The result couldn't have been different than the one we have today: MVP - minimum viable product. You know what I am talking about ....

Those are a different type of games. SI is trying to simulate a real footballing world which is far from static it's very very dynamic and programming is a finite thing. SI can only program so many options and play styles. AI development has gotten a lot better since Fear and COD 1 and 2 the problem is that we the users are asking for more complex AI's with multiple behavior trees to add more depth and complexity. On the MVP as much as the big publishers are heading in that direction, SI hasnt done that. Yes the ME has faults as all ME does but SI do genuinely try to correct and fix issues they do deliver each year. 

We have taken great leaps and bounds interms of transitions playing out of the back, pressing but we have killed Attacking movement and goal variation. We the community and SI has both agreed that these are issues and they have made a commitment to try and fix this in FM20. 

Yes you have the right to be upset but we saw how good this ME can be in the beta and we hope that by October of this year we get an ME that is truly powerful. 

On your 4th point, this game is alot more realistic. The problem you see is that when you try to play a certain style of play the ME breaks when you play a different style of play it doesn't break and you get great goals, great one on one being scored and great movement 

7 часов назад, Amarante сказал:

but we saw how good this ME can be in the beta

Any ideas why we lost this ME in release? Opposite AI issues?

Edited by Novem9

curious that i have no problem with my striker, i bought Fiete Arp 2 years ago with sevilla and he scores like a machine and he is still only 20 years old.

Playing with 2 friends in Spain one with levante other one with atletico is really fun. Also the generall goals scored is very high at our save.

The only thing is that every year 1 team is unbeatable. First year valencia was crazy, then barcelona won the first 20 matches and now its Real Betis killing everything. Its kind of frustrating as its nearly impossible to win the title.

Will Post some screenshots when we play again. :)

Edited by KiLLu12258

1 hour ago, rdbayly said:

There is still too little difference between average and elite players. Lower league sides are still able to string huge passing moves together, well beyond what their attributes suggest is consistently possible.

I'm not seeing this. I am seeing Ronaldo-esque 30-yard screamers every match and I'm managing an amateur team in level 12, players with long shots 2.

Otherwise, the passing, movement and levels a=f concentration are as rubbish as they should be. I'm following a youtube series in the FMCareers Updates forum where the guy started in Vanarama South and is now in the Championship. I've been monitoring the changes in quality through the leagues and I'd say they are substantial and clearly observable from the reactions of goalkeepers to the sheer speed of thought of the outfield players.

Playing at this low level has changed dramatically since the update in two respects - lots more cards and loads of injuries sustained between matches - makes managing considerably tougher, but I like that.

2 hours ago, rdbayly said:

Given this thread has degenerated of late, I'll keep this as constructive as I can. My observations from playing a full season in my long-term Leeds save since the winter update:

It seems to me that the level of challenge has increased slightly. I can't put my finger on exactly why, but I seem less able to take as many liberties with the AI than on the previous ME build (which is a good thing). Away from home in I'm conceding more goals; often due to the AI making better passing decisions on the counter-attack. Overall, fluidity of passing through the thirds is improved. That is until play reaches the final third, in which the same problems (although slightly alleviated) remain. Player quality seems to be having a greater influence on results, which I completely endorse. I'm beating teams I'm better than and getting battered by the top sides. 

Statistically, my lone forward is more involved in play, with their average passes rising from 10 to around 20 per 90 mins. I'm also seeing more key passes from them. I feel more confident in using roles such as DLFs; however, link-up play / one-twos / layoffs / well-timed lateral & aggressive runs by elite forwards are nowhere near what is seen from their real life counterparts.

There remains a fundamental problem with player agility, which renders this attribute largely useless. They seem unable to turn sharply, hit a reverse pass or dig out a difficult cross (regardless of attributes). The go-to pattern of play that precedes a cross involves the ball carrier 'stopping' with the ball, which sees the defender run past them, and the cross is delivered inside the full back (seldom on the outside following the creation of a yard of space). This inability results in a huge number of blocked crosses, which detracts from enjoyment when watching highlights.

The key defensive positioning issues are lateral. Too often, when the defensive line takes up a good initial position, they all shift way too far to the ball carrier's flank, which leaves the opposite winger in miles of space to volley home at the back post. In fact, a huge number of goals come from the classic winger-to-winger maneuver. This often bypasses the striker completely and has skewed goal totals across the leagues I've sampled.

There is still too little difference between average and elite players. Lower league sides are still able to string huge passing moves together, well beyond what their attributes suggest is consistently possible. Players with low long shot and technique attributes are no less able to repeatedly smash in long range pile drivers than international class players. As someone that has been attending non league matches for 30 years, I assure you this isn't what I see on a weekly basis.

The frequency of suicidal headers from defenders is also getting very old. I constantly see players knocking the ball back into play when they should simply let it go out for a goal kick / throw. Long balls over the top that pose no initial danger are getting nodded down to the feet of an onrushing striker (when it could clearly be left to run through to the keeper).

Turnovers of possession from throw-ins continue to plague the ME. Your own players seem intent to take random / unnecessary risks by throwing the ball over longer distances (which are contested in the air, lost and results in a counter attack) - Why don't they just throw it short to feet?

Outside of the ME, the game is superb. Love the immersion of training and developing youth players is as satisfying as ever. The game is incredibly stable and the UI is a massive improvement on last year's bizarre design choices.  

Good to see some more constructive feedback. Agree with the headers. If it helps, I know it's something being actively looked at for FM20 (was something I was looking at in particular, probably the one thing that really frustrated me)

The frequency of suicidal headers from defenders is also getting very old. I constantly see players knocking the ball back into play when they should simply let it go out for a goal kick / throw. Long balls over the top that pose no initial danger are getting nodded down to the feet of an onrushing striker (when it could clearly be left to run through to the keeper).

Yes, those poor defensive headers are one of the few aspects of the ME that I dislike. Part of me thinks I'm seeing it more because I'm managing in lower-league football, but another part of me isn't convinced they should be happening quite so regularly.

Turnovers of possession from throw-ins continue to plague the ME. Your own players seem intent to take random / unnecessary risks by throwing the ball over longer distances (which are contested in the air, lost and results in a counter attack) - Why don't they just throw it short to feet?

In terms of this point about throw-ins, I find that setting them to 'short' and setting up relevant options in my throw-in routines has helped reduce sloppy throw-ins. It doesn't eliminate them completely, and neither should it. For instance, I've just seen my team concede in the first minute of a difficult away game after a poor throw from my right-back.

Edited by CFuller

Still getting defenders and midfielders heading the ball aimlessly and players with high technique and ability stats unable to cross or pass a ball without kicking off straight of another players legs, just getting so monotonous. 

17 hours ago, Novem9 said:

Any ideas why we lost this ME in release? Opposite AI issues?

Well for one people couldn't separate freekicks and corners from crosses. So they thought the game was having too many crosses. So SI attempted to fix that and by doing that we lost alot of attacking movement, it was then later we realize that after the change to 19.1 central attacking play no longer existed and we've been trying to correct it ever since.  

In fairness what we needed was a tweak to throughballs and crossing but it went deeper than any one thought. 

On 06/03/2019 at 23:34, themadsheep2001 said:

Guys, it's been repeatedly asked that people stop taking pot shots at each other, and SI. We're having to remove posts now and if this continues we'll have to start handing out infractions and bans. Please start being more constructive and respectful to each other

This is still being ignored so we will have to start handing out infractions at this point. Again, please start being more respectful and constructive towards each other and SI 

Thank you for the winter update, much appreciated and was much needed for change of scenery for me. 

For past week I kept tellnig myself that it is just me that's seeing things but right now I am quite convinced that the player search has been lagging in the scouting -> player tab. I am not too sure if it is due to my PC although I tested it on my beta save and it hasn't been lagging. I would like to know if this is a bug, known or whatever. 

For full info, I am only a year into the new save, with all leagues loaded. My beta save is around 7 years into with all leagues loaded. 

The amount of crosses (blocked or otherwise) is absurd!

Been trying to emulate Pep's city, with dribble less, cross less often where ever i can. even accounting for the 21 corners, that's still 100 crosses!!! See stats below.

29 shots, 11 on target for the 1 goal from a set piece too.

Can't say I've enjoyed this version of FM very much unfortunately.

match stats.JPG

I do not know if this is the appropriate place to post my question.

After the last update, a file named Licensing2_chn.dbc appeared in the following folder
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Football Manager 2019\data\database\db\1930\dbc\permanent\

Can anyone tell me, what is this file about?

Thanks

Top scorers in most the leagues are all not strikers. Mainly wingers & inside forwards & AMCs.

I just don't know what's wrong but SI has got it completely wrong with the strikers this game. If Messi can average only 15-19 goals a season then my striker who has 10 goals in 30 games must be lauded.

All round poor Match Engine. I hope for FM20 this ME gets a complete reboot with fresh modern engine.

Edited by upthetoon

6 hours ago, jujigatame said:

And dynamics, which is supposed to make player relationships more realistic, actually just makes them more ridiculous.  Can you imagine a bunch of players storming into Pep's office and demanding their teammate who was just signed 6 months ago get a big pay raise, and then act sullen about it for months when refused?  I'd wager this has never happened in the history of the sport.

Why do some users ALWAYS blow this out of proportion? This scenario's real-life equivalent is someone like Vincent Kompany asking Pep, "Boss... can we talk? Some of the lads have something on their minds about Riyad." The City players wouldn't - as you seem to perceive it - be standing outside Pep's office with pitchforks and torches, chanting, "What do we want? NEW CONTRACT FOR RIYAD! When do we want it? NOW!"

If you can't handle this situation well enough to keep your squad happy, then I'm afraid that reflects badly on your man-management skills.

I've played FM19 for coming up to six seasons across two different saves and have yet to encounter a full-blown player revolt. That's even with some of my Fiorentina players requesting new contracts in such short spaces of time. In some cases, they've been justified, such as when a new Colombian midfielder became a first-team regular at a top-six Serie A club on €9k per week and wanted a wage more befitting of his status.

I can't imagine many of us work in professional football and know exactly how this works. How do we know for sure that certain players behind the scenes aren't asking for new contracts every year, if not more regularly? It's not as if players signing two if not THREE contracts (in the case of Alfredo Morelos at Rangers) in a season is completely unprecedented.

Edited by CFuller

9 hours ago, tommcneil1992 said:

is it confirmed that there wont be any attempts to update this ME until the new game in November? I know there havent been any updates after this before on previous editions but this is just so dull to play 

Yeah it has, by the devs on these forums. Such a shame that the ME has gone backwards so much that it still desperately needs patching at this stage of the game cycle

It would seem that criticism is quite annoyingly being mistaken for abuse on this thread. Yes, some people may resort to name-calling  and they should be called out individually, yet most I have seen, even the posts not offering possible solutions, do not come under the term abuse. Don't blanket term criticism as abuse as it's a very easy way to shut down communication. Criticism should be listened to and heard respectively. 

3 minutes ago, jujigatame said:

Man City have just beaten the PL record for most goals scored in a match with a 10-0 victory over Crystal Palace.

There's definitely something up with matches getting out of hand in this version.

That is entirely feasible.

2 minutes ago, prot651 said:

Well  30 - 0 is also feasible but it doesn't happen in the premier league

30-0 is not the same as 10-0. The record Premier League win in real-life is 9-0, so a team as strong as Manchester City can certainly get 10 if they're absolutely brilliant and the opposition are completely out of their depth. Just look at what their second string did to Burton in the EFL Cup.

4 hours ago, dolph11 said:

It would seem that criticism is quite annoyingly being mistaken for abuse on this thread. Yes, some people may resort to name-calling  and they should be called out individually, yet most I have seen, even the posts not offering possible solutions, do not come under the term abuse. Don't blanket term criticism as abuse as it's a very easy way to shut down communication. Criticism should be listened to and heard respectively. 

This simply isn't true so please to do not make things up. If your feedback isn't constructive or respectful it will be removed and infractions potentially handed out . We have mentioned this time and time again that people need to be respectful of each other and SI. If your feedback does both then you have nothing to worry about. 

Equally, and this is a general point to everyone, we're tired of people having digs at each other. And we have repeatedly asked people not to do this, so we're now being really strict on the feedback. So now unfortunately posts can will be removed without warning and infractions handed out, and this is a direct result of some of  the behavior on here, which needs to change.

There has been some genuinely useful constructive feedback, and that's appreciated, but as for the rest, we've been politely asking for that to cease and it hasn't so responses will be stronger. 

2 hours ago, jujigatame said:

Man City have just beaten the PL record for most goals scored in a match with a 10-0 victory over Crystal Palace.

There's definitely something up with matches getting out of hand in this version.

How? This is very much possible. 

Been playing since the new update and I'm pleased a lot of the issues have been fixed or at least appear less often than before. 

Obviously there is still quite a few issues that need looking at and hopefully these will be long gone before FM20. Maybe they'll focus on ironing things out more than putting many new features in the game.  

Realistically they'll already be working on the new game so can't exactly dedicate all their time to FM19. Thankfully there is no groundbreaking bugs that are effecting the game... for myself. 

One thing I'm curious about is the amount of fouls that are showing up on stats? I'm in Vanarama South and see each team make atleast 20 fouls a game most games. Is this normal? 

20 hours ago, jujigatame said:

- Putting a striker through on goal is just not an effective way of scoring.  My 4-star striker gets "that was a real sitter" or "he should have done much better with that chance" again and again.

This. And anything else directly related to the way goals are happening in FM19. 

I have been playing FM 17 since late December. I bought it after trying the demo and watching youtube videos, because it had everything that FM19 doesn't in ME department. Since FM19 did not deliver it for me, I am still playing FM 17. I never meant to come back to this thread to repeat myself, but this one last time I want to add my experience from today. While playing FM 17, I saw 2 goals that looked completely different than most goals that I've seen in FM17 so far in my limited time with that game, and until these two goals I've seen countless different types of goals. Now that's the fun part, and it is completely missing in FM19. In FM17, when a highlight starts, you have no idea what is going to happen, and you still have no idea what is about to happen a short moment before a goal is scored. Completely opposite experience in FM19, making the game incredibly boring.

I also quoted the above because in FM17 when you put a striker through on goal, your chance of scoring a goal is pretty good, and each time you feel/hope like he is about to score. And if he misses you react like 'oh no how did he miss that..'. In FM19? No sir. On the other hand, in FM17 if you see the opponent getting ready to take a shot from outside the box, right at that moment you are happy that they could not find an opening in your defense for a better chance, and they decided to try one from far. Whereas in FM19, when you see an opponent dribbling the ball and getting ready to take a shot from 25 yards, you are thinking 'oh boy, somebody block this shot fgs...'. For me this summarizes what is horribly wrong with FM19 ME.

Edited by bleventozturk

I am happy that I have been patient and didn't buy the game. The feedback on 19.3 say to me that is better to wait for FM 2020, hoping that ME issues will be fixed and AI will be improved.

20 hours ago, vamcj said:

I do not know if this is the appropriate place to post my question.

After the last update, a file named Licensing2_chn.dbc appeared in the following folder
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Football Manager 2019\data\database\db\1930\dbc\permanent\

Can anyone tell me, what is this file about?

Thanks

Nobody?