Football Manager 2019 Official Feedback Thread

Biggest downside for this year's FM from your pov ?  

66 members have voted

1. 1. What really annoy you this year while playing FM19 ?

• Players moaning for new contracts too often
    • Gegenpressing tactic too powerful
    • Youngsters determination decreasing despite tutoring
    • IA still stockpiling players at a specific position/low teambuilding
    • Calendar bug ,only 1 day to recover between 2 officials games, especially a the end of the season (Obviously, i'm not talking about the Boxing day)
    • International call-ups issues (players unavailable for Champions League final etc...)

This poll is closed to new votes

5 hours ago, JEinchy said:

I don't get it how can anybody defend such defending. Look what MCs do and what then centre back decides to do. 

Edited by Mitja
  • Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Mitja said:

I don't get it how can anybody defend such defending. Look what MCs do and what then centre back decides to do. 

The MCs get attracted to the same player and leave the space for my midfielder to use. The CB charges out because somebody has to close that player down. 

It looks worse than it is because of the size of the space, but let's not pretend we haven't seen this exact scenario occur in real life, even at the top level. Nor is this necessarily a case of "bad ME", because for all I know they played with a BWM and a stopper with more urgent pressing and that influenced their behaviour.

Edited by JEinchy

After the patch i have this problem :

When i start steam it says: a incompatible version of LavasoftTCPService.dll (in relationship to Lavasoft Web Companion) was detected in the steam files
We recommend to update the software or to remove it

47 minutes ago, RobertPage said:

Match engine is still a really dull watch.

Movement is still practically non-existent (though I did see a striker make a run in behind before the ball was played once 😱). There’s never any intensity when in possession. This often results in long balls from defenders when you want to play out of the back 

Still a load of balls wide going out of touch. Though there is an improvement there. Seen a few through balls played in behind fullbacks

Wingers choice of when to try and get past players is baffling at times. I’ve seen my full back and winger in a 2 v 1 vs opposition fullback and the winger just runs straight into the player and loses the ball. The same is happening when I’m good crossing positions. They just run at the player or cross way too late

Goalkeepers animations are still hilariously bad, and I only see 3d highlights after goals.

i could go on a bit more, but why bother. This update is an improvement but still sucks. What sucks even more is that after less than half a year of release, you will now give up with any major updates for this game and come out around October telling us why FM20 will be the most realistic FM yet 🙃

I made a strikerless tactic to test it. With all settings (which is crucial for strikerless play) set to "pass it shorter"; I got long balls every time from defenders. It was a test to see how ME is going to play. I tried presets from FM (442, 532, 343, 433) and the build up play was something same no matter what formation or players you have. That's why FM players with weak teams can't get at least a draw or even win. Why someone is going to buy a game which is going to lose over and over? There is no point to take Real Madrid or Manchester City just to win.

1 hour ago, JEinchy said:

The MCs get attracted to the same player and leave the space for my midfielder to use. The CB charges out because somebody has to close that player down. 

It looks worse than it is because of the size of the space, but let's not pretend we haven't seen this exact scenario occur in real life, even at the top level. Nor is this necessarily a case of "bad ME", because for all I know they played with a BWM and a stopper with more urgent pressing and that influenced their behaviour.

Yeah but animation looks weird. You wish FM stayed in 2d. ;)

you can try replace the physics file to ball_physics_v1555.bin (delete the others after you make backup first), which can be copied from fm2016, and might make the match look better.

I have yet to test the latest update myself, since it is still not out for FMT.

However, I watched countless videos from youtubers out of curiosity, and boy, what a disappointment this ME turned out to be for me. So much promise at some point months ago, but so little delivered. I am sure SI tried hard to improve it, but what a massive fail :(

I am not going to speculate about the reasons/sources of what makes this a poor ME for me - it has been discussed to death in multiple threads, with hundreds of pkm's provided. What matters for me as a user is the end result, and it is just ugly. I know SI and moderators prefer to see constructive criticism that will help SI to improve the game, I get that. But this is now the final product. And as a customer this is my feedback: The ME is so dull and boring in the final 1/3rd of the field, especially when it comes to goals, which is arguably the most important part of the ME. Most goals I see are ugly. Very rarely I see some nice movement that creates a clear cut chance, but those do not end up at the back of the net, in a very weird looking fashion. Instead, we have 30 yard screamers or wild volleys with a better chance of going in than a one-on-one with the keeper. This is not something that can be resolved with a few pkm's, because it is all over the place. Every match, every tactic, every formation, every combination of roles.. Most goals are just ugly/unrealistic (including the countless screamers and buggy looking fails by GK's or defenders), and that's that. The game is no fun.

FM programmers are hands down the best in their job (in this genre), and if they can't make this ME fun, well, too bad. Maybe they did not take the best approach to improve the ME this time, who knows. I wish all those pkm's uploaded by devoted FM'ers had helped, but they obviously didn't for this version. Roll on to FM20 and hope for a better product this time. As a customer, I am not worried about the $30 I spent for FMT. I am more worried about that based on my observations, I see less and less improvements through patches in the newer versions of the game. Again, I am sure they worked very hard, and I wish we saw a more significant improvement after months of waiting. Oh well, through all this I discovered FM 17, so for me FM 17 is the latest version in a way, and I am totally enjoying it :)

Edited by bleventozturk
23 minutes ago, StevehFC said:

It's a complete joke the match engine is again really bad. The fact they won't do no more updates for it says it all. We've just to put up with all the bugs in the match engine. 

Yeah whats the point? report a bug and in 7 months in FM 20 there will be more 10 bugs in the ME

and again in January the ME will be not 100 % and the same and the same

Its a complete joke that until FM 20 we wont get any ME tweets,sorry.. im done with this game. 

9 hours ago, GOODNAME said:

Yeah whats the point? report a bug and in 7 months in FM 20 there will be more 10 bugs in the ME

and again in January the ME will be not 100 % and the same and the same

Its a complete joke that until FM 20 we wont get any ME tweets,sorry.. im done with this game. 

No excuses for it mate. No doubt it’ll be the same problems as next year. 

37 minutes ago, StevehFC said:

No excuses for it mate. No doubt it’ll be the same problems as next year. 

No problems winning games, it's just the build up play and goals themselves are boring as hell, even when playing a pretty decent team they park the bus and then it's impossible to play a nice passing game, balls over the top into space for runners becomes the norm. Players with  very good technique and football intelligence suddenly become morons and are totally incapable of going round a defender and just blooter the ball off the defenders legs.

13 hours ago, StevehFC said:

It's a complete joke the match engine is again really bad. The fact they won't do no more updates for it says it all. We've just to put up with all the bugs in the match engine. 

In your view, how EXACTLY is it "really bad"? What EXACTLY do you want SI to do about it?

I've looked through some of your previous posts on this thread and the beta thread, and you have given absolutely no valuable feedback whatsoever. Instead, you've repeatedly resorted to saying FM is "broken" and "ridiculous" and that there is "no excuse" for fixing certain bugs.

While I don't agree with all the points @JEinchy and @optimusprimal82 have put across in this thread, they have at least provided SI with potentially valuable feedback. You - and some other users on here - have not.

32 minutes ago, CFuller said:

In your view, how EXACTLY is it "really bad"? What EXACTLY do you want SI to do about it?

I've looked through some of your previous posts on this thread and the beta thread, and you have given absolutely no valuable feedback whatsoever. Instead, you've repeatedly resorted to saying FM is "broken" and "ridiculous" and that there is "no excuse" for fixing certain bugs.

While I don't agree with all the points @JEinchy and @optimusprimal82 have put across in this thread, they have at least provided SI with potentially valuable feedback. You - and some other users on here - have not.

Well for a start the long shots issues. That’s been in the game since last year yet it hasn’t looked liked its been fixed. The low scoring issues some players are having is another one. 

I could go on about many issues that are wrong with the match engine and haven’t been fixed for years. 

I would like SI to maybe come out and say a reason for not certain fixing bug that’s been in the game for a few years or whatever. Then I think many posters like myself would just get on with playing the game. 

Edited by StevehFC
1 minute ago, StevehFC said:

Well for a start the long shots issues. That’s been in the game since last year yet it hasn’t looked it it’s been fixed. The low scoring issues some players are having is another one.  

I could go on about many issues that are wrong with the match engine and haven’t been fixed for years. 

I would like SI to maybe come out and say a reason for not certain fixing bug that’s been in the game for a few years or whatever.

Please do go on, im excited to hear what you have to say.

1 minute ago, StevehFC said:

Well for a start the long shots issues. That’s been in the game since last year yet it hasn’t looked it it’s been fixed. The low scoring issues some players are having is another one. 

I would like SI to maybe come out and say a reason for not certain fixing bug that’s been in the game for a few years or whatever.

"Some players" - that's the key thing. If there was something seriously, seriously wrong with the match engine, wouldn't most players be experiencing it?

For example, I am not seeing ludicrous numbers of long-range goals in my current career, either in my team's matches or in AI vs AI. Indeed, I've seen fewer long-range goals since the update than I would've expected to have seen beforehand.

2 minutes ago, Preveza said:

Please do go on, im excited to hear what you have to say.

I'll help him with some stuff off the top of my head.

Too many woodwork incidents.

Wide players standing on the byline doing nothing until they get tackled.

Throw-ins having seemingly no logic at all. May as well use an RNG to decide which opposition player they're going to pick to throw it to.

Lack of through balls and off the ball movement.

Massive abundance of passes even from teams with negligible passing ability.

Top strikers' inability to score CCCs.

1 minute ago, Fabregas_04 said:

I'll help him with some stuff off the top of my head. 

Too many woodwork incidents. 

Wide players standing on the byline doing nothing until they get tackled. 

Throw-ins having seemingly no logic at all. May as well use an RNG to decide which opposition player they're going to pick to throw it to.

Lack of through balls and off the ball movement. 

Massive abundance of passes even from teams with negligible passing ability.

Top strikers' inability to score CCCs. 

Thats a start, but nothing will get fixed if no bug reports are filed.

Are there issues with the ME?  Sure.

I'd like to make an observation however (and an invitation).  The few people who tend to just let off steam (nothing wrong with that so long as it doesn't become abusive) without giving actual feedback also seem to be the ones who never visit the Tactics and Training forum looking for help.

I'm not saying "it's your tactics" (in before that gets thrown around :brock:) but unless you try, how will you know?  Even if a tactical tweak doesn't completely fix something, it may at least help reduce the impact and thus your stress levels.  There are also loads of very useful guides over there.

So - the invitation - you got "ME" issues?  Head over to the T&T forum, read some guides and/or start a new thread there posting your tactical set up and the type of issues you are having.  You never know, someone may be able to give you some ideas :thup:.

https://community.sigames.com/forum/19-tactics-training-strategies-discussion/

10 minutes ago, GOODNAME said:

I dont mind that the ME is not 100 % , its happened and its hard to create perfect ME , but the fact we wont get any tweets for the ME until FM 20 is really making me angry. 

Unless you mean "tweaks", then I'm afraid you can't expect any Match Engine "tweets" because the ME doesn't have its own Twitter account. :p

I don't understand why you're so hung up over this. SI have to shift their focus to the new game at some point - and they usually do it after the big winter update - if they want the new game to be better than the one before it. As long as SI are happy with the current state of FM19, that seems perfectly fine to me.

37 minutes ago, herne79 said:

Are there issues with the ME?  Sure.

I'd like to make an observation however (and an invitation).  The few people who tend to just let off steam (nothing wrong with that so long as it doesn't become abusive) without giving actual feedback also seem to be the ones who never visit the Tactics and Training forum looking for help.

I'm not saying "it's your tactics" (in before that gets thrown around :brock:) but unless you try, how will you know?  Even if a tactical tweak doesn't completely fix something, it may at least help reduce the impact and thus your stress levels.  There are also loads of very useful guides over there.

So - the invitation - you got "ME" issues?  Head over to the T&T forum, read some guides and/or start a new thread there posting your tactical set up and the type of issues you are having.  You never know, someone may be able to give you some ideas :thup:.

https://community.sigames.com/forum/19-tactics-training-strategies-discussion/

A lot of the ME issues are perfectly clear from watching AI v AI so "your tactics" are not involved at all

51 minutes ago, Tony Wright 747 said:

A lot of the ME issues are perfectly clear from watching AI v AI so "your tactics" are not involved at all

The Tactics forum isn't there to help AI managers and my comment doesn't concern AI vs AI.

My invitation is aimed at those who perhaps don't realise there are things they can do to help reduce or even negate issues they see in their own systems, instead of simply blaming the ME.  It might turn out the ME is indeed to blame in some instances, but without trying they'll never know.

Been a pipedream of mine for years, but I'd love the ability to be hired as a Director of Football or Head of Youth Development/U23-18 manager.

Managing a reserve or academy side should be easy, especially when you can now attribute coaching stats, qualifications, and preferences nowadays. You are still judged by results, but with more focus towards developing players. Academy teams also compete in age group competitions and, in some cases, domestic cups. You would also have the ability choose your staff just with any other senior managerial job.

Director of Football does remove one part of the experience: managing a squad with tactics, but signing players and scouting is another aspect that we spend a lot of time on. You could be judged on how your signings do, how well you manage the budget (scouting expenditure, wage budget, agent fees, etc.) and your relationship with the manager. Game play would focus on scouting and meeting the board/manager with targets and what they desire. You can also try building relationships with agents and clubs for affiliation and etc.

Yes I know you can *technically* do both by letting your assistant manager handle first team affairs, but if the first team performs badly you'll still be sacked even if you are primarily focused on the duties of the other two jobs.

Not to mention it would be fun being the director of football of your mate online A true co-op experience.

Edited by Wyoming

ok I'm just hiding the offending post now plus other posts which make reference to it.

Bitch and moan all you like but insulting people by questioning their honesty and integrity (which people then upvote) for no reason other than cynicism is out of order and crosses the line.

18 hours ago, bleventozturk said:

I have yet to test the latest update myself, since it is still not out for FMT.

However, I watched countless videos from youtubers out of curiosity, and boy, what a disappointment this ME turned out to be for me. So much promise at some point months ago, but so little delivered. I am sure SI tried hard to improve it, but what a massive fail :(

I am not going to speculate about the reasons/sources of what makes this a poor ME for me - it has been discussed to death in multiple threads, with hundreds of pkm's provided. What matters for me as a user is the end result, and it is just ugly. I know SI and moderators prefer to see constructive criticism that will help SI to improve the game, I get that. But this is now the final product. And as a customer this is my feedback: The ME is so dull and boring in the final 1/3rd of the field, especially when it comes to goals, which is arguably the most important part of the ME. Most goals I see are ugly. Very rarely I see some nice movement that creates a clear cut chance, but those do not end up at the back of the net, in a very weird looking fashion. Instead, we have 30 yard screamers or wild volleys with a better chance of going in than a one-on-one with the keeper. This is not something that can be resolved with a few pkm's, because it is all over the place. Every match, every tactic, every formation, every combination of roles.. Most goals are just ugly/unrealistic (including the countless screamers and buggy looking fails by GK's or defenders), and that's that. The game is no fun.

FM programmers are hands down the best in their job (in this genre), and if they can't make this ME fun, well, too bad. Maybe they did not take the best approach to improve the ME this time, who knows. I wish all those pkm's uploaded by devoted FM'ers had helped, but they obviously didn't for this version. Roll on to FM20 and hope for a better product this time. As a customer, I am not worried about the $30 I spent for FMT. I am more worried about that based on my observations, I see less and less improvements through patches in the newer versions of the game. Again, I am sure they worked very hard, and I wish we saw a more significant improvement after months of waiting. Oh well, through all this I discovered FM 17, so for me FM 17 is the latest version in a way, and I am totally enjoying it :)

Perfectly said, FM17 is their best creation since FM13 / 14.

One thing that really makes me mad and never gets fixed is scheduling.

Serie A, end of season, neck and neck title race.

Inter-Atalanta cup final on Thursday even though both teams played on Saturday weekend before.
Roma-Juve (postponed game) day before that on Wednesday.

Then I have to play against Roma 2 days later on Saturday, while Juventus plays on Sunday against Atalanta.

Inter or Roma don't have any mid-week games the week after, Juventus plays against Atletico on Wednesday. Ridiculous.

Before that Inter-Juventus was supposed to happen like 3 months earlier but got delayed so a cup game between the same rivals could be played on Monday?? Even though neither team had a mid-week fixture coming up.

Before CL quarters, Juventus had a Sunday game (after international break in March), then they play on Thursday instead of Wednesday (other 9 games played on Wednesday) and don't play over the weekend because of Tuesday CL game against PSG next mid-week.

Inter plays on the same Sunday, then Wednesday, then Sunday again (when Juventus had it postponed), both of those Wednesday/Sunday games away and then again on Tuesday vs City in CL.

Club names are pure coincidental. :D

But this is just ridiculous.

1SPW9dz.png

By1Xdm4.png

Main issues:
One team has one of their league games postponed in favor of CL.

Out of those two Atalanta games, it should either be Sunday/Thursday or Saturday/Wednesday.

There was literally no reason for Roma game to be on Saturday considering both teams have no upcoming mid-week fixtures and both played mid-week before.
Especially since Cup final can have ET and penalties.

Guys, it's been repeatedly asked that people stop taking pot shots at each other, and SI. We're having to remove posts now and if this continues we'll have to start handing out infractions and bans. Please start being more constructive and respectful to each other

28 minutes ago, shirajzl said:

This quote is actually the best in this entire feedback thread because it perfectly illustrates the entire FM cycle we've been witnessing for years. :applause: 

And if they decided to just sack any further product development and "fix everything", then they'd have people moaning about that too, lose a massive chunk of their income, and be chasing what is, quite obviously, an impossible dream.

49 minutes ago, shirajzl said:

This quote is actually the best in this entire feedback thread because it perfectly illustrates the entire FM cycle we've been witnessing for years. :applause: 

I think a lot of people get frustrated because we try to advise them what is wrong with the game like in the bugs section yet we are left with no answers . The best idea would be a forum that the developers could answer and connect with the players to solve some issues . I would love to connect with the developers to have some input . They could also explain why some things are not possible to fix . The way it is now is that they don't seem to listen or understand but im sure this isn't the case but it does become frustrating when on the promotions and Box or on Steam its touted as realistic and the best ever etc etc yet every year we wait for patches to fix issues . Personally I think they should skip FM20 and make FM21 but of course the good old money making machine wouldn't happen . I agree with shirajzl   as every year its the same old thing that they release the game then a small patch followed 4 months later by a bigger patch then that's it . That's been the formula since 2010 im sure . 3D has always been disappointing for me personally . Its like a great movie with a terrible ending that you cant recommend it coz the ending was bad . Just wish they would concentrate of the end product being as good as the game itself . Anyway just some of my own constructive views so don't throw stones lol

Edited by prot651

I think the problem with the ME is the way it handles transition, pressing & off the ball movements for forwards. This is why a lot of play goes via fullbacks/flanks - and you have the gazillion blocked crosses and standard far post goals.

The lack of variety in the goals and the lack of goals from strikers(most of the best strikers in the game can barely hit 20 goals a season) itself is conspicuous.

As transitioning and pressing is a new addition, I think it will take 1 or 2 edition to sort out the issues. For now FM17 ME is far more enjoyable to watch. FM19 ME is couple of steps forward in certain areas and 3 steps back in some.

51 minutes ago, SebastianRO said:

Not really. I would pay them double the game price if they just release an actual finished product. I am being serious and I know 90% of you would. This is not a mainstream game bought by just about anybody. It's a niche game that has a deep and hardcore fan base who wouldn't mind paying more for a great product. I would also be fine with a release cycle of 2 years (push just database updates) and double the price. After all, even though I have every single edition, I still play FM17 because I didn't particularly found FM18 any better and FM19 is just ... not good (ME).

So for me, I can say I paid 3x the price for FM17 and you know what, I am fine with that because FM17 gives me the best experience yet and have clocked in thousands of hours, so yes. What frustrates me is that SI shifted their focus on features outside of the ME which do absolutly noghting other than "adding an extra layer of immersion" which actually translates into cluttering the interface and wasting your time with poorly implemented features. They seem to care more about adding new stuff (so they can catter towards a new demographic and neglect the best part of the game, which is the Match Engine.

And just so I won't be accused (again) for not providing "constructive" criticism I will say this-:

- We all wanted a new and more specialized training system, so I was excited when I heard that this is going to be revamped in FM19. Howeve, I must say that with this one, SI went into the other extreme. The new training system is so time consuming and requires extensive knowledge if you want to take full advantage. Anyway, for me this is an example of SI adding a welcomed feature, but the implementation could be so much better.

- This might appear like non-essential, but I miss the days when we had a proper dark skin. Again, for a couple of years now, we see this purple/green accents which can be tiresome if you play many hours a day, especially after a day's work in front of another computer. This is easily fixable by downloading a custom skin, but still ....

- I don't understand why they reduced the 3d match camera options. There can't be any reasonable explanation for that. None whatsoever.

- The positive for me is the responsivness of the game comparea to other editions (especially when compared to FM17).

- I will not say anything about the ME because I have said enough. For me, its so bad, I had to go back to FM17.

Yeah don't get why camera options were taken out ? Also Past meetings for other teams has been taken out ? And the fun is taken out . Older FMs seem to have better match engines from FM17 and before . But I do like the new refreshed interface . 

1 hour ago, SebastianRO said:

Not really. I would pay them double the game price if they just release an actual finished product. I am being serious and I know 90% of you would. This is not a mainstream game bought by just about anybody. It's a niche game that has a deep and hardcore fan base who wouldn't mind paying more for a great product. I would also be fine with a release cycle of 2 years (push just database updates) and double the price. After all, even though I have every single edition, I still play FM17 because I didn't particularly found FM18 any better and FM19 is just ... not good (ME).

But that's the thing, people's perception of the bolded part is a completely impossible dream.  There is never going to be a version where anybody can seriously and demonstrably argue that the product is "finished".  It's a constantly evolving product functionally, and it is always, always going to contain bugs.  And by the law of averages, it's always likely to contain at least one that is considered serious through weight of public opinion.  

So no, I don't imagine any right-minded person would be happy to pay double the price for something that isn't going to be achievable in the first place.

12 minuti fa, forameuss ha scritto:

So no, I don't imagine any right-minded person would be happy to pay double the price for something that isn't going to be achievable in the first place.

just out of interest, would it then be correct to assume that "no right-mineded person would be happy to pay the full price for something that isn't going to be achieved in the first place"?

That is why we pay $65 for a game, and the devs get PAID for their work....... to FIX issues AND at the same time develop the product. They aint doing it for free so there should not be any complaints.

So lets pay $120 so that includes SI furthering the game each year and at the same time fix 99% of bugs that have stuck around for a couple versions. No offence, but that is laughable.

Edited by Preveza
1 minute ago, forameuss said:

But that's the thing, people's perception of the bolded part is a completely impossible dream.  There is never going to be a version where anybody can seriously and demonstrably argue that the product is "finished".  It's a constantly evolving product functionally, and it is always, always going to contain bugs.  And by the law of averages, it's always likely to contain at least one that is considered serious through weight of public opinion.  

When I say "finished product" i mean a polished game with no major bugs like we keep getting on release for years.  I mean an actual ME when you can implement any tactical framework / condition succesfuly as long as you do it right and not be forced into some specific patterns of play . A game that doesn't have graphical issues (frame drops even on the highest end computers). You know what I mean. I am not crazy to believe that there could ever be a finsihed product in the literal sense of the word because exactly what you said "it's a constantly evolving product. But the key opperative word is EVOLVING. Throwing in features that are arguably poorly implemented combined with this ME ... excuse me but this is no evolution whatsoever. The only thing that evolved from past edition/s is the database and the responsivness of the UI. If I would be able to go back into the past, I would have no problem paying 80-100£ on FM17 knowing that I would have to play it for 2-3 years (at least). That game had bugs too when it launched. It wasn't perfect. But here's the difference: it wasn't anything game breaking, the Match Engine was sound. So yes, compared to FM18 and FM19 that one was the most finished product.

Just so I provide me own understanding of a good match engine, I will say this:

- When your team can play exactly how you ask them to

- When there are no exploits (3 up front, corners, etc)

- When the AI managers behave at least remotly realistic in their management and tactical decisions

- When the interface (and ease of access) is as streamlined as possible while incorporating all the features.

- When the match engine itself doesn't "overwrite" your own tactical instructions because of some hardcoded implementations of "how football should be played". Football should be played however you want it to be played. That doesn't mean you have to win, but the team should play exactly how you ask them (provided the team is good enough and your expectations are reasonable). If I want to play through the middle, I want to see verticality and a lot of movement vertically. If I want to play wide, I want to see my team moving a lot in wider areas and exploiting those channels. You get the point. So yes, this is my definition of the perfect match engine. An engine that allows me to express my ideeas.

1 minute ago, SebastianRO said:

I only invoked the "2 years release cycle" and "up the price" because some fanboys here are saying that SI doesnt have the time to fix everything or they don't have enough devs,etc. If this is true, that there are only 2 possible outcomes:

- we pay £50 every year and get more of the same dull taste

- we pay more and SI gets more people working on the game, so that time won't be an issue anymore

- we pay more and SI doesn't get more people working on the game, but instead they would release it every 2 years (with constant database updates though).

If people/fanboys are refusing to see the core issue and are finding the "it's hard and time consuming" excuse, then those 3 are the only possible outcomes. Personally I can't possibly agree with the 1st one anymore because it's just getting too much. 

I was not having a go at you, man.

Without knowing the structure of the SI studio, financial levels, budget etc, I simply can't comment further. I would love to see them hire 10-20 more specialised programmers but who knows what goes on behind closed doors.