Football Manager 2019 Official Feedback Thread

Biggest downside for this year's FM from your pov ?  

66 members have voted

1. 1. What really annoy you this year while playing FM19 ?

• Players moaning for new contracts too often
    • Gegenpressing tactic too powerful
    • Youngsters determination decreasing despite tutoring
    • IA still stockpiling players at a specific position/low teambuilding
    • Calendar bug ,only 1 day to recover between 2 officials games, especially a the end of the season (Obviously, i'm not talking about the Boxing day)
    • International call-ups issues (players unavailable for Champions League final etc...)

This poll is closed to new votes

11 minutes ago, HUNT3R said:

There's plenty of communication to the internal and external beta testers. Keep those quality bug reports coming and you might be considered.  ;)

There are very few companies I know of, speaking as a non-mod, who do what you want, except early access small or even indie developers.

All the more reason for SI to work on it for FM20 then. ;-)

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, Mitja said:

Obviously there are some improvements in this year ME but  I don't consider introduction of 5 new (completely unnecessary  pressing instructions) improvement for example. There are as many defensive issues currently as there are attacking. Only they might seem not so obvious because of attacking side issues being far easier to spot. There are big issues how wide area is defended, players still stand far too apart from opponents, AI can't defend properly against extra man in midfield, 2 striker formation defensive logics still isn't fixed when AI plays them, pressing had huge issues in 19.1, decision making when clearing the ball is worse than two years ago, and so on.

A think you have some very unrealistic expectations for a yearly release game., 

I am now fully on board with the contract annoyance train. De Ligt, started approx 40% of my games last year, Rotation contract, with step up clauses for number of games played. Start of second season, wants to be a key player on 3x the salary. He will accept nothing less than this, despite me re-loading and trying any number of set ups to try and get him to agree to lower. At 19 years old, he wants to be the key defender for Man U despite being behind Bailey and Lindelof, neither of whom have Key Player status.

Realistic? not a chance. Personally I would like to have an option to repeatedly kick the player and agent in the nuts repeatedly until they crawl away crying. Light injury for 3-5 days :D.

But the amount of players who want unrealistic contracts 6 months after signing a new 4 year one... The only players I can think of who signs new contracts every few months is Messi and Ronaldo at thier peak... for obvious reasons. I like the thoughts and ideas behind dynamics and player power, hate the implementation.

So i've been playing a long old time and have never come across this before - taken me by complete surprise;

image.thumb.png.4935f83b22200d48377bfd8df6c7811c.png

His determination basically dropped by 10 (from 15 to 5) overnight;

image.thumb.png.b44002f1a5898ba03a87ed1d58078cdc.png

I was super irritated when it happened, but the guy is 21 and was starting to think this season that maybe he won't quite make it so chalked it up as one of those things. Except it happened again, just 23 in game days later, this time to one of my best players/best defensive midfielders;

image.thumb.png.350bd43b228f473c59b0d4d5a15b1edc.png

Exact same drop, down to 5 from 15;

image.thumb.png.c8700e678b99d4edaf664e416117572a.png

I put a lot of effort bringing youth players through, mentoring and only buying guys of the right mentality; if it happens as a one-off I guess i can kind of wear it, but twice like this? With no real explanation/way of me talking to the player - do they need compassionate leave? Time off from football etc? Is this a permanent change or will it revert when they're better? 10 points in mentoring will take maybe 7 years and likely never happen for Thales because he's highly influential?!

Both players are reasonably happy if you look at them, Thales typically wants another new contract because of course he does, but otherwise super happy with lots of playing time;

image.thumb.png.2aea25188227b14361e42e29ebc38320.pngimage.thumb.png.ea73c363d1a54622ea53d271103bebbb.png

Anyone got any experience of what may cause it/how to avoid it/how to overcome it? It's left a really unpleasant taste tbh; there aren't a lot of ready made super awesome DM replacements in the first place that are interested in coming to FC United & a player with 5 for determination is just a no for me, especially in his position;

image.thumb.png.008e711d4fc8717f6d407ddb7fd5cf26.png

I'll live with it, but am now super frustrated and want to know if it's a 2 in a million thing or something I'm causing (played about 20 seasons in 19 and goodness knows how many in previous years) and the first time i've ever seen this? :(

Personality changes due to "recent off-field events" are entirely random, and to be honest, there isn't much you can do about them. I've had them happen to a couple of my players in FM13, including a 'Perfectionist' attacking midfielder who became 'Resolute' after a sudden drop in his Ambition attribute. He still turned out alright in the end.

There are also random (and similarly rare) events which can increase a player's ambition, determination, etc.

Edited by CFuller

Well that... sucks? Something super rare happens to my team twice in the space of a few weeks? Booooo! Fact they both dropped by a seemingly arbitrary ‘10’ points seemed to needle me more! 

At least it’s in the xfer window; i have a nice big war chest I wasn’t planning on spending at all; the GK was already going, afraid my future superstar will have to now too - a central midfielder with low determination? Sure Arsenal will be falling over themselves to add him to their collection! :D

Try looking at the hierarchy and dynamics, see if there's been any changes to changing social groups or the hierarchy or any issues with other players as some usually back teammates. It does happen but rare, has happened in other FM's i've played but not a sudden drop. How are your other players within the same team/group in terms of ability, cause if there's people below or higher they tend to "feel left out" and drop which i've noticed happen in last 2 or 3 FM's. Maybe do a bug report and see what the SI have to say cause they can determine why or how it has happened if they're willing to look at it. 

There's nothing that I can see which is why it's so annoying/mystifying/frustrating - overall happiness is really good (contract is the blip);

image.thumb.png.5cf4ac1e0f034588f52a1cb391634a27.png

He's very high up the hierarchy still;

image.png.a35d200283bf15b62da5e41134267f54.png

A lot of the other players like him/mention he's an important player. Ability to handle pressure was suggested as a potential cause but neither of the players have it listed as a con/would have expected that to be mentioned during numerous scout reports.

Am offering the guy a new contract to cure his only (slight) unhappy and going to leave him for a few months to see if the stat recovers - maybe it'll recover gradually like bravery after a leg break? Got no choice but to buy someone else now anyway (not playing a guy with 5 determination) - i'd never give up that easily on someone IRL (which is why this irritates me because there's nothing I can seemingly even try and do) but can't hang around waiting for him, if no quick improvement I'll just have to sell him and see if i can make some profit on him before his value tanks.

It's one of those weird things; it doesn't feel like a bug, more a 'good idea poorly implemented' perhaps? Players are only human and have issues in real life so got no problem with this sort of thing being in game - there's no saying a model pro couldn't have a spectacular fall from grace either so can't hide behind this guys apparently strong mental stats - but i'd at least like some sort of recourse/further info to at least try and help remedy the situation?

Weird, but just as in life, FM goes on! :)

EDIT: Friend has just offered to edit my file using the IG editor (does it work on other peoples saves?) - have politely declined, not sure if it's because it would offend my probably misplaced sense of FM sensibilities, or if because I suspect my game would likely be overcome with inappropriate nicknames/awkward references. Friends >sigh< :rolleyes:

Edited by optimusprimal82

Boom - there goes another one, this time his professionalism;

image.thumb.png.73a587c7c1571125f8d60067cfea0cc1.png

image.thumb.png.fc90af3e0f294401f2865b94e0c85e3d.png

Another youngster who looked like he wouldn't make it - but it's the 'why is this happening?' part that is bothering me... I can't find any mention of anyone being unhappy or having a problem with a coach/another player or anything like that. I can't see his professionalism so not sure how many points it's lost but it's not looking good in his coach report and his personality is now just casual so looks pretty terminal;

image.png.bf9ff1e519407079c52bf7a89d323944.png

@Seb Wassell - sorry to call out to you directly but this seems very 'up your street' with regard to player development/training; does this look normal/something you'd consider just unlucky; 3 players now (other posts are a few above) in just 6 in-game weeks (start of 8th season, never happened before then) have had one of their core development stats destroyed? Happy to raise a bug report/upload saves and all that stuff if you think it looks wonky - or is this part of some lovely under the hood feature and i'm about get a news item that half of my squad are bankrupt as part of a big gambling ring? Or something. :(

EDIT: Actually, on reflection it doesn't matter; with a bit of time to take stock I think i'll just leave the FC United story there and walk off into the sunset! After 8 long seasons we made it to the promised land, survived against all odds and - an inspired Liverpool team aside - we weren't far away from taking the title, so much so i'm convinced it would have been ours next year! :)

image.thumb.png.b6bf03214d79617b30add7b843eef3d8.png

FCU_wagebudgetsprem2023.thumb.PNG.6c2e5e42cb3cbe03ad60ab7c33861d80.PNG

Save has that weird 'tarnished' feel now (some of you will know what i mean!) as if i had let someone edit it so the motivation has just gone & maybe I'll take it on the chin and assume it's the worlds way of telling me to take some time away from FM - I'll just throw up a special tribute to this legend who was with me the entire time and never complained - the PL was just a step too far!

image.thumb.png.20af56937eacd2fd0821bb260975dbdf.png

Their legacy will be the Mentality Masterplan which we hope will inspire other FC United's to great success - good luck all with your managerial futures! :D

image.png

• SI Staff

@optimusprimal82 - Could you post your information in a bug thread for me please? Kindly include saves, screenshots etc. I am not saying this is a bug, chances are it is simply poor luck, but I'd like to take a look for you and the bug forum is the most appropriate place for that :thup:

Is this years version of FM a little bit easier compared to previous years? I got promoted into the Prem with W.B.A and finished 6th in my first season up, only really loosing to the top clubs. This is in no way a bragging post, usually I struggle and it can take seasons before I start to get any positive results. What was weirder is that I got offered the W.B.A job in my third season in charge of York City who I got promoted into the Conference National, totally jumping L2 and L1.

A friend of mine took Barnet to League 1 in consecutive seasons, it just seems that winning and success in this years version is so much easier, is it the new tactics system?

Sorry SI, but did you ever test even one 3d game with a resolution 2560 1440?  If yes, you would have seen more then 200 fps and lagg? Im really pissed of. For me the game is not playable after the latest beta patch. 

I have a 144 hz Monitor and there was always a smooth 144 fps in the FM 2018 and 2019. And what to hell have you done to unlock these 144 fps so that the lagg is back now?  I am done. 

EDIT::

In NVIDIA settings VSync has to be changed. In fm 2018 and 2019 I always used vsync --fast, after the beta update 19-3-0 I try to change it to "on". That solved my problem and i have my 144 fps again.

A big thank you to user Liquid Cool

Edited by Carsten75

Hope in 19.3.0 we will see

1.striker scoring goals and do good movements

2.End the ****** long throws bug where my player just throw a short throw and the midfielder just run without no one try to stop him then shoots and GOAL! 80% of goals I score are like that

3.End the corner bug too, my 4 central defenders score more than the striker because obviously since they have good heading every corner we have they score.....

Have you considered renaming the game Morale Manager 19? Because that is a way more fitting title.

Harry Kane - first 8 PL games. 10 goals. Draw 1-1 at Old Trafford. After that: Harry Kane 6 game. 0 goals.

Dele Alli playing with an avg. rating of 6.7

Christian Eriksen invisible for large part of games.

I started out well with 9 games undefeated. Beat Liverpool 5-2 in the proces. Tweaked tactics and so on, and still we fall to pieces because of ONE game.

I am done with this piece of ****. For the first time since 1993 I will not be buying a version of FM/CM.

37 minutes ago, Mr_Demus said:

Have you considered renaming the game Morale Manager 19? Because that is a way more fitting title.

Harry Kane - first 8 PL games. 10 goals. Draw 1-1 at Old Trafford. After that: Harry Kane 6 game. 0 goals.

Dele Alli playing with an avg. rating of 6.7

Christian Eriksen invisible for large part of games.

I started out well with 9 games undefeated. Beat Liverpool 5-2 in the proces. Tweaked tactics and so on, and still we fall to pieces because of ONE game.

*Snickers*

Its just me or.. in this version off the game the clear cut chances are almost non existing..

Or is it because of the increase of goals from set pieces.?

Teams have 12 to 15 shots on target and almost 30 in total and only 1 ou maybe 2 clear chances and win 3 . 0 or 4 or 5 even.. its a huge diference from previous version of the game.. 

How often in real life do you see teams start off brilliantly and then suddenly lose all momentum? Hearts are a case in point from this season.

In my current save, my bang-average League One striker started the first season by scoring in five games straight, and he was on 21 goals by the end of January. Come the end of the season, he'd only upped that to 24. It was still a pretty successful season for him, mind, so I wasn't complaining about his inevitable return to mediocrity.

Even top forwards can have very lean spells. Think Ronaldo a year or two back, or even Kane's notoriously poor record in August (until this season).

47 minutes ago, mrjooleo said:

Its just me or.. in this version off the game the clear cut chances are almost non existing..

Or is it because of the increase of goals from set pieces.?

Teams have 12 to 15 shots on target and almost 30 in total and only 1 ou maybe 2 clear chances and win 3 . 0 or 4 or 5 even.. its a huge diference from previous version of the game.. 

Exactly what I'm seeing. In previous FM games I could have six, seven, eight CCCs in a good game. In FM19 having one, two, perhaps three but only once in a while. Set Pieces, crosses, some strange rebounds and own goals are the source of 95% of my scoring. It takes all the fun I used to have trying to build a positive tactic around combination, creativity and off the ball movement. I think the ME is much better suited for counterattacks and defending.

10 minutos atrás, Nil14 disse:

Exactly what I'm seeing. In previous FM games I could have six, seven, eight CCCs in a good game. In FM19 having one, two, perhaps three but only once in a while. Set Pieces, crosses, some strange rebounds and own goals are the source of 95% of my scoring. It takes all the fun I used to have trying to build a positive tactic around combination, creativity and off the ball movement. I think the ME is much better suited for counterattacks and defending.

Me too.. FM 2018 was so good in that! There was so many variaty in the way your team score a goal...  and you r able to watch the players doing what you want.

This version is taking the fun out of FM  :(   

Same here. The ME is very good, EXCEPT the goals. In terms of variety of goals this is the worst ME for me by far, which unfortunately makes the game unplayable for me. I have FMT, so I did not have a chance to test 19.3, but what I am hearing here is not encouraging at all :(

Edited by bleventozturk

In my last game against Watford at Old Trafford I had 5 clear cut chances and scored none of them....Defending in the box seems like a ping pong ball with blockages and then shots going straight to keepers or them getting something on them.  Foster went DeGea mode in that last game.

for me, i still find that there is lack of creative and penetration when the opposite team is parking the bus in the final third. Players are still too urgent to shoot, lack of patient to pass back reorganize the play. at this point, It is a backward from fm18

oh, i posted on wrong place. I mean the open beta version.

Edited by keithfc

On 05/02/2019 at 06:45, Seb Wassell said:

This includes set pieces.

Yes because

On 05/02/2019 at 07:10, jc1 said:

I would suspect that anyone complaining of too many crosses in game will not be adding set pieces to their gripe.

Without set pieces it was 37 last year. I did not buy this year's FM after seeing the reaction in here but would be interesting to see if the ME is way above 37 excluding set pieces.

https://www.premierleague.com/stats/top/clubs/total_cross?se=79

Edited by ViG1980

25 minuti fa, ViG1980 ha scritto:

Without set pieces it was 37 last year.

if you are talking about an average, it was actually 18.7 for all EPL teams. ranging from highest 21.7 (Tottenham) to lowest 15 (Arsenal).

There were 5.14 corner kicks per team on average.

There were 10.3 fouls per team on average.

If you count all fouls and corner kicks as crosses (15,44), which obviously isn't the case, you'll get 34.14

Edited by MBarbaric

Anyone know how all of the FFP calcs/projections tie together in-game as I'm currently getting mixed messages and would like to know whether to stay at 'code brown'?

Exhibit A - monthly update reveals we're projected to fail premier league FFP due to wage increases (what do they expect when every player demands a new contract every ten minutes!);

image.thumb.png.0e920c4e428ba418add78609f38715e3.png

Exhibit B - very next mail, hmmm;

image.thumb.png.e3b1e391a270634a7a3c761e168b4990.png

FFP screen reveals this which suggests brown will indeed hit fan;

image.thumb.png.17fd7f759b9a50f87c376b3bffd7c568.png

Current budget etc - if we stay as-is then we'll come in under the projection but likely still above the 88m allowance;

image.png.5ca4c36f20ffee4a915f5505d2caaf77.png

It makes sense that we're in trouble - i believe rules say that you can be 7m higher wage wise year on year (unless revenue increases by a certain amount too?), and we're almost certainly going to break that, we're only 12m short of last years total expenditure and it's 1st Dec;

image.thumb.png.53fa489a08b82033ef3c5e3f24fca403.png

So why are the board the only ones - based on that mail - who think that we'll pass? I've loaned out everyone not playing to get the wage bill down but it hasn't affected the forecast any - might that be affecting one of them? One forecast based on player wages total, and the other looking at what we're actually spending etc? We're paying roughly 150-200k less p/w in wages than committed through contracts due to players on loan etc. Was reluctantly considering selling my best ML/AML in January as Barcelona are sniffing around and he wants a new contract I can't give him at stupid money - be good to know if I actually need to sell him or not...

The real kicker is I have 150m in transfer funds and can't spend it as I can't increase the wage bill (also seems weird the board don't limit me when offering contracts like they do if you're over the wage budget)?

@Seb Wassell Thanks you and my apologies, I haven't been on/playing since then and just saw your reply to my message about players taking big stat hits - only played a little since then (the lure of the beta patch proved too strong to stay away!) and it hasn't happened again, I am however trying to upload the save for an issue I found with the beta (and it's failing miserably), details are here so you can find it if we ever get the upload to work! My friend did take a look at it with the in-game editor but didn't see anything and promises on the pain of death he didn't change anything - guessing you have much more advanced toys with which to probe though! :) 

On 10/02/2019 at 03:32, CFuller said:

Personality changes due to "recent off-field events" are entirely random, and to be honest, there isn't much you can do about them. I've had them happen to a couple of my players in FM13, including a 'Perfectionist' attacking midfielder who became 'Resolute' after a sudden drop in his Ambition attribute. He still turned out alright in the end.

There are also random (and similarly rare) events which can increase a player's ambition, determination, etc.

These should become more frequent. How many wonderkids do you see who become flops. (Determination drop and ambition etc) due to off field events. The opposite also occurs and much more frequently than the game suggests

1 hour ago, Bluebird123 said:

half back role still massively useless 

Your opinion is no less valid than mine, but for me half back works really well in the right system - it's a staple now for me (thanks Mr Rosler!);

image.thumb.png.2391ba17fc10d64d6aff02e498c3b889.png

image.thumb.png.15c8bbe37583700cecfb6129f182e769.png

Don't get too hung up on the roles in any case, they're only really a UI mask for stuff under the hood and helping you to play/help players play a certain way - if your half back is struggling he could well be overrun or isolated in trying to cover too much ground. Lots of other tactical possibilities the guys in the tactics forum will surely help you with if you need it.

9 hours ago, optimusprimal82 said:

Your opinion is no less valid than mine, but for me half back works really well in the right system - it's a staple now for me (thanks Mr Rosler!);

image.thumb.png.2391ba17fc10d64d6aff02e498c3b889.png

image.thumb.png.15c8bbe37583700cecfb6129f182e769.png

Don't get too hung up on the roles in any case, they're only really a UI mask for stuff under the hood and helping you to play/help players play a certain way - if your half back is struggling he could well be overrun or isolated in trying to cover too much ground. Lots of other tactical possibilities the guys in the tactics forum will surely help you with if you need it.

100% agree with this. I've player since year one of CM/FM and it took my several months of playing FM19 to trust this advice and for it to be true after seeing it for myself. 

The roles being red don't matter :) 

The issue why they are red is a whole other story....

Have to give credit where it's due, people were talking several pages back about the AI's inability to build a decent squad and how easy the game is overall; now i'm not about to counter that and say there isn't some truth in the accusation - I took FC United to the Prem in back to back seasons and won it in only my third campaign after all - but whilst Chelsea and Arsenal have fallen away and are shadows of their starting teams, the other 3 - United especially - have rebuilt their teams pretty impressively. Yes, there are way too many transfers between them, yes I feel the amount of top level xfers is unrealistic, but it's a game at the end of the day and the fact that I'm facing a real challenge this season is an extremely welcome one - I can wipe the floor with everyone domestically except for the team of footballing gods assembled at Old Trafford. Alongside names such as De Ligt, Tierney, Milinkovic-Savic & Dembele, they're also rocking 5 of the most ridiculous newgens and they've beaten me - pretty convincingly - 3 times this season, the only other team to do so being spurs 2 days after a champions league QF with half of my first XI injured.

I had an insanely good run of form in the second half of the season, going unbeaten for 25 or so games, only to find (to my great surprise) at the end of it that United - who ended my run - had not only kept pace with, but also outscored my guys. It't turned into the most tense ending to a season I can remember for a long long time;

unknown.png

With two games to go I had Chelsea away and Utd had Stoke at home (fair right?) and both teams won leaving the table like this;

unknown.png

I'll go and play the final game in a minute - to be fair, United are away to a Palace team already relegated and their form is insane so i'm not expecting much - but whilst i'm sad that this season is about to end with only a Carabao cup to show for our efforts, I'm really glad that there's such a big challenge. Looking at how far behind Liverpool are there isn't much of one coming from anyone else! Over 95 points to win a league seems pretty tough to me in comparison to other screens i've seen (not saying it's the highest ever of course) - I actually got 95 last season and Liverpool were second with 90 - which is definitely the sort of challenge people have been craving right? Best/worst part is that their newgens are only 22/younger so they're going to be around for a while yet (unless PSG buy them). Noticed Barcelona & Real are very ineffective xfer wise this year, possibly due to financial disparity?

I'll save you all screens of their entire team (i have a bit of envy) but this is the jewel in their crown, a striker signed at the start of the season - my best scout rates him as a 98 'sign at any cost', shame he didn't see the memo about the fact we're FC United and he alone would probably take up our wage budget!! :D 

image.thumb.png.cdd8e00761e2bd28d816ff3006ef8eb7.png

(NB: Realise that this United team are a bit of a one-off - if the AI squad building was fixed i'd expect all of the top 6 to be within touching distance - concern then would be that they may start beating each other and open the door for the human team. I wasn't the best team in the league last year, I'm not this, I haven't been in any of my seasons really, I've just been winning the leagues through consistency of results, like i suspect many people do)

EDIT: OMG - I couldn't look at the screen for the last few minutes!! I'd (somewhat stupidly) gone way too gung-ho to try and storm the goal difference and only let Watford sneak a goal (from a free kick unsurprisingly) which turned the momentum towards them and we were hanging on at the end, all the while knowing it was 1-1 in the United game - the deflation when i didn't get the little trophy lifting screen and i saw they'd scored a winner in the 86th minute! :D :( 

Final standings;

image.thumb.png.e5226f0f749a44f2a904d43d1d9170ef.png

I've just had a player who is less than 1 year into a 5 year contract demand a new contract, and I've tried every single option and he always throws a tantrum if he doesn't get it.  He's not even a star player, he's a rotation player who has started less than 50% of my league matches.  I would just tell him to **** off, except then I get a locker room revolt where his 4 best buddies all get together and throw a sympathy tantrum.

Has anything remotely like this ever happened in the real sport?  A bunch of players staging a locker room revolt because they're upset that one of their teammates who's been on the squad for 9 months isn't getting a new contract with a 90% pay raise?  It's absolute lunacy.

It would be nice if SI would finally accept that FM man management is neither fun nor realistic and tone it WAY down or flat out make it optional.

Edited by jujigatame

The constant contract demands are definitely annoying and my biggest issue with the game at time of writing - I didn't mention it in my post about my end of the saeson above, but one of the main reasons for the dip in form was being hammered by 6 contract requests at once which we couldn't afford due to FFP/low wage bill. Every season having to spend 10-15 million on agent fees (expect it to be more this season) for renewals of players less than 12 months into their previous contract is insane and annoying (agent fees from players signed last year was ~4 million);

image.thumb.png.866a1c1c9237e2dc87d1fb745a5e8eb6.png

There's a thread over in the bugs/feedback forum with an ongoing conversation about this very issue - the more voices/examples the better so please feel free to join in. From what the SI guys there are saying, the problem is exacerbated by rapid improvements in player reputation; I understand the logic (completely) - Rashford being offered a new deal now at United is a good example - but if he scores 15 goals by November this year I don't expect him to want/them to have to offer him another new one that soon?

For people who like to buy young players and train them up - which let's face it is a lot of us - the issue is obviously worse/more exaggerated.

It would be one thing in isolation but the way it generates locker room unrest just makes it comical.  Who would storm into their bosses office and demand their buddy who's been on the job for 9 months get a huge pay raise?  Especially when their wages all come from the same pool.

FM man management never fails to be an infuriating chore.

Yeah it's pretty nuts - I can imagine them trying it on Ed Woodward, he'd just 'release the hounds' and have done! :D 

Image result for release the hounds

Edit: yet another example of the craziness;

image.thumb.png.5373c9cbb9a77d6093f7a3e4e32420cf.png

image.thumb.png.51874e78cd186ce6410be9d6975b32e7.png

image.thumb.png.0ec1d4b1d40aa992e5ff7470064bc54a.png

He's on 14k p/w, just offered to see what he wants, he wants 42k. After 3 appearances on loan.

3 часа назад, optimusprimal82 сказал:

He's on 14k p/w, just offered to see what he wants, he wants 42k. After 3 appearances on loan.

:seagull: His skills increased during this time? And just 3 games in loan, this is terrible

Edited by Novem9

3 часа назад, jujigatame сказал:

It would be one thing in isolation but the way it generates locker room unrest just makes it comical.  Who would storm into their bosses office and demand their buddy who's been on the job for 9 months get a huge pay raise?  Especially when their wages all come from the same pool.

FM man management never fails to be an infuriating chore.

It was a interactive feature which is out of control :D

7 hours ago, optimusprimal82 said:

Yeah it's pretty nuts - I can imagine them trying it on Ed Woodward, he'd just 'release the hounds' and have done! :D 

Image result for release the hounds

Edit: yet another example of the craziness;

image.thumb.png.5373c9cbb9a77d6093f7a3e4e32420cf.png

image.thumb.png.51874e78cd186ce6410be9d6975b32e7.png

image.thumb.png.0ec1d4b1d40aa992e5ff7470064bc54a.png

I feel you buddy. I finished the first 12 months of my United save and I just haven't been able to go back to it due to issues like this. I will head on across to the bug forum and drop the save in there tonight, as I am going to play a little FM I think. I still have to resolve my ongoing war with Pogba about his valuation...

On 08/02/2019 at 06:21, Weller1980 said:

No this isn’t correct anymore, read above posts. The ME will never be perfect but changes to striker movement should be improved.

I can see you are a patient man. So, i am a massive fan if central movement / attack. My primary formations are 4-4-2 diamond, 4-3-1-2 and 5-3-2 WB ever since FM10. Now ... in FM15 the central play took a hit, even though it was not a big one. FM16 rulled out any chance of real through balls to the strikers. It was all about wide play - crosses -goal. FM17 was better, a lot better than 16, thats for sure. FM18 was so and so ( in terms of central play), nothing spectacular, but now we have FM19, which has a different sort of problem, but the end result is the same: central play is suffering. 

Just so we are all on the same page, by central play I mean creating through the middle and using through balls as a primary goal scoring source: AP, strikers, creative CMs even. As a massive addict to this sort of playstyle, its very easy for me to spot this dissapointing trend. 

My conclusion: No.10 is irrelevant as we know it because he chooses to pass wide ( even if he had 18 vision and 17 flair), just like an anchor man, so he offers close to nothing in most games, unless you play him as a scorer, but thats a different story. The way we chose strikers is also affected because since they score most goals from crosses, they need to have different attributes as opposed to scoring from balls through the middle.

I miss FM13 and FM14 days. A lot . Back the. You could have dont literally ANY tactic : playstyle and it would work as intended. Nowdays .... cross - goal, go go fullbacks and wingers. Bye bye beautiful creativity and opposition unlocking through balls. I must say I am extremely dissapointed with the direction this game is going for the past years.

17 minutes ago, SebastianRO said:

I can see you are a patient man. So, i am a massive fan if central movement / attack. My primary formations are 4-4-2 diamond, 4-3-1-2 and 5-3-2 WB ever since FM10. Now ... in FM15 the central play took a hit, even though it was not a big one. FM16 rulled out any chance of real through balls to the strikers. It was all about wide play - crosses -goal. FM17 was better, a lot better than 16, thats for sure. FM18 was so and so ( in terms of central play), nothing spectacular, but now we have FM19, which has a different sort of problem, but the end result is the same: central play is suffering. 

Just so we are all on the same page, by central play I mean creating through the middle and using through balls as a primary goal scoring source: AP, strikers, creative CMs even. As a massive addict to this sort of playstyle, its very easy for me to spot this dissapointing trend. 

My conclusion: No.10 is irrelevant as we know it because he chooses to pass wide ( even if he had 18 vision and 17 flair), just like an anchor man, so he offers close to nothing in most games, unless you play him as a scorer, but thats a different story. The way we chose strikers is also affected because since they score most goals from crosses, they need to have different attributes as opposed to scoring from balls through the middle.

I miss FM13 and FM14 days. A lot . Back the. You could have dont literally ANY tactic : playstyle and it would work as intended. Nowdays .... cross - goal, go go fullbacks and wingers. Bye bye beautiful creativity and opposition unlocking through balls. I must say I am extremely dissapointed with the direction this game is going for the past years.

I wouldn't expect a lot of goals via through balls as it's not as common as people think. The latest beta MEs have tweaked the passes to feet of attackers though and that has helped, though it can still improve. It's not all doom and gloom though. Here's my breakdown of goals scored and conceded. Look how central everything is. Look at the through ball assists.

fm19.jpg

@HUNT3R Judging by that breakdown, yes, you are right.l: it’s not all bad. However, it is debatable what the match engine perceives as through ball, isn’t it ? For me, a through ball is a defence splitting pass within the lateral range of the 16 meter box, or through the CDs to a striker ready to run at or do a first touch and then hit a shot. I must say that through balls from recent editions of FM DONT REALLY LOOK like the through balls from FM13 and FM14.

I am not expecting to score 2 or 3 goals / game from situations like this, but I DO EXPECT to at least see this movement behaviour even if it fails (CDs intercept the ball). 

@HUNT3R I bet most of those 14 assists are simple little passes resulting in long distance screamers? 

The ME can produce nice through balls but they are few and far between, i'd say roughly 3-5% of assists are true through balls. Most assists are from crosses, set pieces or short passes with a long shot, there just not enough variety and it becomes boring. Your playing the same ME as me you must see it, its SO obvious?!? Just watch a few ai vs ai games. I've watched tons of ai vs ai to know.

Its a fact that we need more variety in assists in FM19. To be fair though FM18 wasn't much better, that ME was over reliant on wing play.

Edited by Weller1980

16 minutes ago, Weller1980 said:

@HUNT3R I bet most of those 14 assists are simple little passes resulting in long distance screamers? 

I'm 18 matches into this season. Having just watched all my goals scored, 1 of them happened as you described.

4 minutes ago, HUNT3R said:

I'm 18 matches into this season. Having just watched all my goals scored, 1 of them happened as you described.

Well fair enough, must be just me then, but I can guarantee that a very small percentage of those 14 assists were defence splitting through balls.

6 minutes ago, Weller1980 said:

Well fair enough, must be just me then, but I can guarantee that a very small percentage of those 14 assists were defence splitting through balls.

About 4 hours ago or so, after I got back home from work, I installed FM14 from my Steam library and guess what: I just loaded up a save I had in the cloud - Schalke 04 and it was sometimes in 2023 right on the match day against Dortmund. It ended 3-2 for Dortmund, but thats besides the point. The actual takeaway from this was: the goals were so so beautiful: defense splitting passes, driblings (real ones, not sprinting faster than the opponent), hold on to ball until the striker overlapped, etc etc. It was lively, it had variety, EXACTLY what every edition lacked EVER SINCE. It is not nostalgia, it is pure joy. I will start a new save on FM14 and play it because I am done with all the new and useless FM implementations off the pitch, while the match engine is so lethargic. SI should bloody stop from adding features upon features off the pitch and focus soley on fixing the current problems in every area. I would pay them £150 for a truly finished game with no added BS. A game that just works, even if it looks just like the previous edition. As a hardcore fan, I DO NOT CARE if you add something new or not, i want it to work flawlesly and have variety, excitement. In fact, seeing FM14 today I realised I ACTUALLY LIKED IT BETTER for the simplicity it had in certain area that today are so so over-complicated. What is the point in adding new features like improved training, dynamics, etc etc if 9/10 games look  and feel the same in the match engine. I will actually record myself one day commenting an FM19 game and I am pretty sure I can predict 85% of what every player will do with that ball: yes, it passes it wide or backwards and then wide again and ... wait for it .... the cross will soon follow. I didnt see this ******** behaviour in FM14. If I instructed my team to go through the middle, they tried their best to find that one through ball that would tear the opposition. In FM16/17/18/19 it makes no difference, because one way or the other, the ball will still be absorbed by the flanks and carred through attack in the wide areas. Never once had I seen in my 100 hours of FM19 a striker that makes a first touch with back to goal that would pass it back to the no10 and play a simple 1-2 which would result in a CCC. I want to end this rant, but it's just frustrating having a worse experience in FM that I had 5 years ago. It is unacceptable to me, but I am a die-hard fan and I keep buying it in the hope that I will get a modern FM that would be so good I won't even care about 3-4 bad years that might potentially follow. I am still spending my money and my hopes are still left hanging. Thank you for listening to my rant.