Jump to content
Sports Interactive Community
Neil Brock

Football Manager 2019 Official Feedback Thread

Biggest downside for this year's FM from your pov ?  

66 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. What really annoy you this year while playing FM19 ?

    • Players moaning for new contracts too often
      23
    • Gegenpressing tactic too powerful
      12
    • Youngsters determination decreasing despite tutoring
      10
    • IA still stockpiling players at a specific position/low teambuilding
      11
    • Calendar bug ,only 1 day to recover between 2 officials games, especially a the end of the season (Obviously, i'm not talking about the Boxing day)
      6
    • International call-ups issues (players unavailable for Champions League final etc...)
      5


Recommended Posts

I wish the game didn't make goalkeepers panic 50% of the time when they are up field and charge back. 

When sending them up for corners and things they tend to charge back in a panic before your team has lost possession.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Lucas said:

I wish the game didn't make goalkeepers panic 50% of the time when they are up field and charge back. 

When sending them up for corners and things they tend to charge back in a panic before your team has lost possession.

:D

Still sending keepers forward for everything, I see. I panic for you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, HUNT3R said:

Still sending keepers forward for everything, I see. I panic for you.

well when your team is favourites to win everything it adds a nice element of danger to your gameplan :D 

But more than that, whats probably frustrating is setting my set piece instructions don't seem to be working when I've set them before a game. Only if I change them mid-match. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After official release, I noticed the following issues:

-too many woodworks

-too many  deflections and blocked shots

-too many tackles and high tackles won rate

Don't know if you guys feel the same way, and maybe I'm wrong, but don't try to make the game harder in this way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

transfers still way out in my opinion. matic not for sale played i 80% of games last season value 31 mill madrid bid 20 mill. immobile value 40 mill not for sale and arsenal bid 27 mill ????

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, bradjsmith said:

transfers still way out in my opinion. matic not for sale played i 80% of games last season value 31 mill madrid bid 20 mill. immobile value 40 mill not for sale and arsenal bid 27 mill ????

Try negotiating. 

Make sure they are on longer contracts. 

They will low ball you to gauge interest. I've had no issues getting bids for £80m for some players

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, bradjsmith said:

transfers still way out in my opinion. matic not for sale played i 80% of games last season value 31 mill madrid bid 20 mill. immobile value 40 mill not for sale and arsenal bid 27 mill ????

Arsenal low balling is nothing new. If you were in charge of Liverpool when Arsenal bid 40 million plus £1 would you think that's a real life bug?

Edited by bboy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, bradjsmith said:

its not that its about what is there value. a striker in form and young would never go for 27 mill

If you suspect a bug, post it in the bugs forum with a save from before the bid?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can not see the referee info. It was right under the match score on FM 18. It can not be seen on the Schedule screen either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Arnoldzhu said:

After official release, I noticed the following issues:

-too many woodworks

-too many  deflections and blocked shots

-too many tackles and high tackles won rate

Don't know if you guys feel the same way, and maybe I'm wrong, but don't try to make the game harder in this way.

Those things don't make the game harder mate they effect both sides. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, bradjsmith said:

its not that its about what is there value. a striker in form and young would never go for 27 mill

Form, winning things, makes their value and reputation go up. I had an above average but not great striker valued at 67m at one point... couldn't get that much for him. 

Edited by pauly15

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, bradjsmith said:

transfers still way out in my opinion. matic not for sale played i 80% of games last season value 31 mill madrid bid 20 mill. immobile value 40 mill not for sale and arsenal bid 27 mill ????

They're not going to offer exactly what you want the first time are they? Wouldn't make much sense. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, bradjsmith said:

its not that its about what is there value. a striker in form and young would never go for 27 mill

Has he gone for 27 mil in your game?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone finding the match engine is now lagging/stuttering compared to the Beta version?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here’s a short video clip which represents the state of the actual ME:

1) Halstenberg passes to his teammate Demme but there’s an opposition player(Havertz) stands on the passing trajectory and only a blind man can not see it but Halstenberg still goes for a pass, of course, Havertz easly intercepts it.

In every match, I encounter a huge amount of similar illogical passes and it looks terrible :seagull:

 

2) Havertz then makes a trough ball pass to his teammate Balley and an opposition defender(Mukiele) doesn’t react to the pass but he could easily intercept it.  

In every match, I encounter a huge amount of cases when defenders don’t react to through ball passes and don’t even try to intercept those passes but they easily could do that. :seagull:

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If I continue to play game started in beta, will I participate in leaderboards?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, krunccrni said:

If I continue to play game started in beta, will I participate in leaderboards?

Yes. Long as you're not cheating.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

bit more feedback. why is the engine so stuttery and jittery? very hard to watch the game. i play analyst view .

players walk through other players so makes it easy to get a scoring opportunity 

si "we will fix he injury bug by release " first real game 2 injuries in game. also says fermino is injured and cant continue but he does and isnt even injured so bit wierd 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, bradjsmith said:

bit more feedback. why is the engine so stuttery and jittery? very hard to watch the game. i play analyst view .

players walk through other players so makes it easy to get a scoring opportunity 

si "we will fix he injury bug by release " first real game 2 injuries in game. also says fermino is injured and cant continue but he does and isnt even injured so bit wierd 

Match injuries were fixed.

If you're experiencing lag, please report it so it can be looked at.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, bradjsmith said:

2 inuries first game and 1 ghost injury suggests otherwise. butt ill keep an open mind an see how in pans out through the season

One game! As is often stated on here, you need a far bigger sample size before drawing any robust conclusions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, bradjsmith said:

2 inuries first game and 1 ghost injury suggests otherwise. butt ill keep an open mind an see how in pans out through the season

1 match isn't a pattern. I've had 79% fewer injuries than is expected across an entire season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure if this is a bug ... too soon to tell ... so I'll post here.

Understand that I suck at this game, and have for many, many years. For FM19, I decided to start with Liverpool. I was between seasons (summer of 2019) when the last beta update came, followed of course by the official release. I am using 4-1-4-1 DM Wide Gegenpress.

I rolled through 8 friendlies prior to the 2019 season. Granted, I schedule friendlies against minnows, but some of the scores were a bit startling: 17-0, 15-0, 22-0, 14-0. OK, like I said, minnows.

I don't run away with every match ... already have a loss and a draw. But my last two matches were 7-0 vs. Leicester in the league, and 6-0 vs. PSV in the Champs League.

Small sample size. But these performances are so much better than I have ever achieved that it makes me wonder.

Now that I've posted this, I'm sure I'll go through a five-match losing streak ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, RocheBag said:

Those things don't make the game harder mate they effect both sides. 

Yes, that's why I said "tried to", and it's actually just my guess, anyways, instead these things only make it unreal, should be corrected or tweaked a little bit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Apologies for the probably silly question - I was playing the beta, pretty sure the release downloaded. Should I now be playing version 19.1.1?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Sticx said:

This match engine is incredibly frustrating. I didn't mean to buy hoofball manager 2019 but apparently that's what I got. Long direct passes when I instruct short passing with low tempo. Also anyone with shoots from distance PPM will shot anytime they get anywhere near the box even with instructions to work into box. The game is just not enjoyable right now.

Even Barcelona will play long direct passes when they are in transition. If they recover the ball, they're not going to reject an opportunity to play a long ball up to Suarez or Dembele if the pass makes sense.

Some of the goals they scored against Real recently were like that (I don't know if they changed their tactics for this game?)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I still find the game enjoyable, but boy is it frustrating at times when instructions are given for short passing and players are ignoring it and passing direct. Do some of my instructions not matter at all? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, 2feet said:

Even Barcelona will play long direct passes when they are in transition. If they recover the ball, they're not going to reject an opportunity to play a long ball up to Suarez or Dembele if the pass makes sense.

Some of the goals they scored against Real recently were like that (I don't know if they changed their tactics for this game?)

Anything that happens in FM you can point to a real life occurrence of it.  Sure Barcelona will play the occasional direct over the top ball. The unrealistic part is the frequency of which it happens. The ME right now is way too direct than a team that sets up to play a short possession game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, rain94 said:

I still find the game enjoyable, but boy is it frustrating at times when instructions are given for short passing and players are ignoring it and passing direct. Do some of my instructions not matter at all? 

I've got my Tromso side playing one touch high tempo passing football with some tweaking here and there. Have some patience. Also need the right players to play a system you want. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, styluz_05 said:

I've got my Tromso side playing one touch high tempo passing football with some tweaking here and there. Have some patience. Also need the right players to play a system you want. 

This is so true. Plus players take time to learn new style maybe. I don't see a lot of what people see about through balls, crosses min/maxed. You have to have the right players as well, it should take 2-3 transfer windows to really imprint on what you want. I was more bothered when it wasn't that way.

Edited by Jibby123

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bradjsmith said:

si "we will fix he injury bug by release " first real game 2 injuries in game. also says fermino is injured and cant continue but he does and isnt even injured so bit wierd 

Please don't draw conclusions from a single match. It's careless and doesn't help.

If there were an issue we'd be slower in picking up on it as we'd have to sort out those crying wolf from the genuine cases.

And insults don't encourage us to interact.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, bradjsmith said:

transfers still way out in my opinion. matic not for sale played i 80% of games last season value 31 mill madrid bid 20 mill. immobile value 40 mill not for sale and arsenal bid 27 mill ????

Barcelona bid 176 million pounds for Eric Bailly in my save. Even better I said no, I have a transfer budget of 200 m at Man U in third season, but they gave me 4,1 m wage budget and wage raise and contract updates has already pushed me to 4,7 m wages, so no idea what to do with all the money, because the wages would start bankrupting the club.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bradjsmith said:

2 inuries first game and 1 ghost injury suggests otherwise. butt ill keep an open mind an see how in pans out through the season

A ghost injury would be something worth posting about in our bugs section please.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Jibby123 said:

This is so true. Plus players take time to learn new style maybe. I don't see a lot of what people see about through balls, crosses min/maxed. You have to have the right players as well, it should take 2-3 transfer windows to really imprint on what you want. I was more bothered when it wasn't that way.

Spot on ive only just got the team where I want them in my 3rd season and won the league. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Shoots from distance PPM is mental. there are AI matches with 25-25 shots on goal or 40-10 because players with that trait shoot like madmen . It should really be toned down.

Edited by andu1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

4 hours ago, theballstopshere said:

- Injuries. I have almost one player injured in every game. And my training intensity is not high. I do play high tempo but even then the injuries are ridiculous.

Not sure what your preseason was like, but I had an aggressive pre-season and I even did 7 holiday sims with a tactic, and I only had 50-60 injuries in a season which worked out to like 1 injury every two games or so. And most were like short knocks. Played the first 3 matches and had no issues. Must have been all those marathon running sessions I had my players to in the first week of pre-season.

4 hours ago, theballstopshere said:

- Sweeper Keeper. They are still not high up the pitch enough and do not sweep up even balls at the edge of their box. Alisson don't do much of it and his natural position is SK

Have to admit, I am not sure if I have seen it often enough, only happened a few times when I was playing a very high line. But not as often as I would like

4 hours ago, theballstopshere said:

- Wingbacks. They are pinned too much to the wings when they defend leaving the centrebacks isolated. I do play overlapping wingbacks but it is only logical that they tuck in when they defend. It is like this even when I am under a counterattack.

I have played on very attacking mentalities and my fullbacks are tucked in when they defend.  Here have you set the right defensive width for your tactic?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Rashidi said:

Have to admit, I am not sure if I have seen it often enough, only happened a few times when I was playing a very high line. But not as often as I would like

I'm seeing my sweeper keeper come out of the box often when he has the ball, but not necessarily coming out that often to get the ball. 

Would be nice to see him involved a bit more for sure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Jibby123 said:

This is so true. Plus players take time to learn new style maybe. I don't see a lot of what people see about through balls, crosses min/maxed. You have to have the right players as well, it should take 2-3 transfer windows to really imprint on what you want. I was more bothered when it wasn't that way.

Thanks for the encouragment guys. I'm in December 2018 and I'm actually fine with injuries, PK's, crossing. No issues. Just the Direct ball over the top, and I am seeing lots of tackles but this hasn't bothered me as much as the long balls.

Edited by rain94

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Lucas said:

I'm seeing my sweeper keeper come out of the box often when he has the ball, but not necessarily coming out that often to get the ball. 

Would be nice to see him involved a bit more for sure.

to be honest if the sweeper keeper is on support I would want him to move up and out of the box when the side is in possession. And I think its a fair call for people to make. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, rain94 said:

Thanks for the encouragment guys.

People are complaining about lack of one touch passing, I just put out a short video where we were being pressed high up the pitch, and we passed the ball from the keeper, it was something 4 quick passes to the winger who cut in and scored. All the passes were one touch. So there is more to the game, this season its about finding the right balance to do these kind of things.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Rashidi said:

to be honest if the sweeper keeper is on support I would want him to move up and out of the box when the side is in possession. And I think its a fair call for people to make. 

Rashidi - How are you finding the ME in terms of it replicating your chosen style? I'm finding that players in the release build aren't thinking, and hoof aimless lofted balls rather than play through lines on the deck (even when presented with these passing options).  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, rdbayly said:

Rashidi - How are you finding the ME in terms of it replicating your chosen style? I'm finding that players in the release build aren't thinking, and hoof aimless lofted balls rather than play through lines on the deck (even when presented with these passing options).  

The sweeper keeper is a tad annoying, cos now I am going to notice it even more, overall though, I have been able to play the way I like.  I don't get the aimless hoof the ball., they do that if they have too, like when a player is in a good position to break behind the line, and some BPD tries a Hollywood pass. It's fine if I am on a very attacking mentality, but when I play on lower mentalities I don't really see that happening. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...