Football Manager 2019 Official Feedback Thread

Biggest downside for this year's FM from your pov ?  

66 members have voted

1. 1. What really annoy you this year while playing FM19 ?

• Players moaning for new contracts too often
    • Gegenpressing tactic too powerful
    • Youngsters determination decreasing despite tutoring
    • IA still stockpiling players at a specific position/low teambuilding
    • Calendar bug ,only 1 day to recover between 2 officials games, especially a the end of the season (Obviously, i'm not talking about the Boxing day)
    • International call-ups issues (players unavailable for Champions League final etc...)

This poll is closed to new votes

4 minutes ago, HUNT3R said:

It seems a low amount of games to give them. If you consistently have a problem with Rotation players, this points to you not giving Rotation players enough starts.

Ok ta, I'll up my thresholds and see how I go - haven't played since 16 and I don't remember them being quite this precious! :)

3 minutes ago, phnompenhandy said:

Indeed, hence my managerial style is to be a brutal dictator. I demand loyalty and professionalism and anyone who's attitude is out of line with me gets the chop.

I can really only get away with that 'Cloughie'/early Sralex Fergie' approach by running an academy challenge. All my players have come through my youth system, nurtured by a Head of Youth Development who is selected on the basis of his personality over and above attributes. The kids tend to idolise the staff, club and myself so they're easier to control. The first thing I look at to decide whether to give them youth contracts or terminate their trials is their personalities. That way I take preventative measures to avoid a lot of the player-management issues that plague modern managers.

I definitely like that approach, I used to be big on the mentoring/mental aspects - only recently come back to FM and getting to grips with the new mentoring system! Do you notice a tangible difference when you're dealing with the players?

You're the second person i've seen mention an academy challenge too - it's got the little itch inside me going as it fits my preferred playstyle of favouring youth; will have to look into that after I finish up my current save I think, far too tempting! :D

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, optimusprimal82 said:

Ok ta, I'll up my thresholds and see how I go - haven't played since 16 and I don't remember them being quite this precious! :)

I definitely like that approach, I used to be big on the mentoring/mental aspects - only recently come back to FM and getting to grips with the new mentoring system! Do you notice a tangible difference when you're dealing with the players?

You're the second person i've seen mention an academy challenge too - it's got the little itch inside me going as it fits my preferred playstyle of favouring youth; will have to look into that after I finish up my current save I think, far too tempting! :D

You mentioned some were new signings and that they agreed to the status. When you first opened negotiations, what was their opening team status request?

1 minute ago, optimusprimal82 said:

To be honest, the new mentoring system is the one thing I haven't got to grips with in FM19, and I'd appreciate some feedback from SI on my thoughts about it.

What has happened with me putting players into mentoring groups is that everyone's determination has clustered around 10. I assume this is due to the specifics of my academy challenge. All my players are young - I'm five years in and my oldest and most highly influential players are now 20, so the mentoring system was not designed for them, I assume. Secondly, by moulding my academy intake, every year the average determination attribute is higher, so in mentoring groups older players with lower determination drag down the younger ones. I'd like to know if the loss in determination is being compensated with increases in professionalism and ambition but I can't tell.

For all that, academy challenge is he only way to play the game - I love it!

I was always wondering how yearly wage raise works?

For example if someone have 100.000 after 10% raise he will get 110.000 but what about next season ? will he get another 10% from the wage I was signing him or from the last one after the raise? Will he get 120.000 (100.000 +10.000 1st year+10.000 2nd year) or 121.000 (raised in last year -    110.000 *10%) ?

9 minutes ago, LukasZ_VCF said:

I was always wondering how yearly wage raise works?

For example if someone have 100.000 after 10% raise he will get 110.000 but what about next season ? will he get another 10% from the wage I was signing him or from the last one after the raise? Will he get 120.000 (100.000 +10.000 1st year+10.000 2nd year) or 121.000 (raised in last year -    110.000 *10%) ?

I'm pretty sure it's the second option. It's why I don't like to have it, wages can quickly spiral. 

44 minutes ago, themadsheep2001 said:

You mentioned some were new signings and that they agreed to the status. When you first opened negotiations, what was their opening team status request?

I *think* they picked rotation, but not 100% on all of them - I rarely change the status if I'm being honest as it suggests I'll have issues with them down the road, but I remember I did change a couple that wanted 'key' down and that would certainly fit with them being easily irritated etc?

43 minutes ago, phnompenhandy said:

To be honest, the new mentoring system is the one thing I haven't got to grips with in FM19, and I'd appreciate some feedback from SI on my thoughts about it.

What has happened with me putting players into mentoring groups is that everyone's determination has clustered around 10. I assume this is due to the specifics of my academy challenge. All my players are young - I'm five years in and my oldest and most highly influential players are now 20, so the mentoring system was not designed for them, I assume. Secondly, by moulding my academy intake, every year the average determination attribute is higher, so in mentoring groups older players with lower determination drag down the younger ones. I'd like to know if the loss in determination is being compensated with increases in professionalism and ambition but I can't tell.

For all that, academy challenge is he only way to play the game - I love it!

It's definitely a big change for me; on the one hand I prefer it over the old method where I always found it a bit haphazard and could cause problems, but I'm also pretty early into it and not entirely sure how well it's going as yet. I'm not restricted by my academy (yet!) so I can abide by my 'only buy if Determination > 14 unless desperate' philosophy (sadly not always possible in lower leagues!) and having set up 4 different mentoring groups I can see determination across the first team is trending up however for a few of my players, the feedback in the training update mails has been that some of the more negative traits have been passed along - as a lot of those stats are hidden it's hard to be 100% sure if i'm going about it in entirely the right way?

EDIT: I always ALWAYS 'remove and exclude from negotiations' the annoying wage increase. Can't always get rid of the 'after x league games'ones but holy heck do i try! :)

Edited by optimusprimal82

6 minutes ago, optimusprimal82 said:

I *think* they picked rotation, but not 100% on all of them - I rarely change the status if I'm being honest as it suggests I'll have issues with them down the road, but I remember I did change a couple that wanted 'key' down and that would certainly fit with them being easily irritated etc?

It's definitely a big change for me; on the one hand I prefer it over the old method where I always found it a bit haphazard and could cause problems, but I'm also pretty early into it and not entirely sure how well it's going as yet. I'm not restricted by my academy (yet!) so I can abide by my 'only buy if Determination > 14 unless desperate' philosophy (sadly not always possible in lower leagues!) and having set up 4 different mentoring groups I can see determination across the first team is trending up however for a few of my players, the feedback in the training update mails has been that some of the more negative traits have been passed along - as a lot of those stats are hidden it's hard to be 100% sure if i'm going about it in entirely the right way?

EDIT: I always ALWAYS 'remove and exclude from negotiations' the annoying wage increase. Can't always get rid of the 'after x league games'ones but holy heck do i try! :)

Yes, certainly if you changed any down from key, they are ones who will definitely have a higher perceived squad status, as they aim to force their way higher up the chain. You can negotiate them down and not have have issues, you just have to remember who you have done that with and be more generous with how you rotate them. The way to think them is this: if you negotiate them down from say, key, assume they will be looking to eventually work their way to key status. So whatever you negotiate them to, assume they would eventually like to hit what they initially ask for. I've had no real issues when I've approached it that way. Of course how much this is an issue is also dependent on player personalities, with less professional players/more ambitious players likely to be more demanding 

21 minutes ago, themadsheep2001 said:

I'm pretty sure it's the second option. It's why I don't like to have it, wages can quickly spiral. 

yes that's why I am asking :)

If I find young players and I want to sign them and don't want them to choose another club I am leaving it sometimes just to not to fail on negotiations because I will have to wait some time to try again, or for players with low wage but for players at my club that are playing I am mostly deleting it.

Just as a final follow up on my earlier post about playing time - not convinced there still isn't something slightly amiss behind the scenes having just seen this;

image.thumb.png.02b02f2f1c21ecfcb245d80113610ca4.png

Might clear up in a game or two, have played him a bit more but player is still listed as unhappy - wonder if there is just a conflict/clash of perceived status, current status, playing time and some of the changes I made in contract talks playing a part? This particular player has a few promises too (none around playing time - yet) and have noticed a few blips with promises elsewhere in my games (spotted a few reports on the bug thread too) so wonder if there is some funny business going on. No majors regardless, just interesting/observations

10 часов назад, bleventozturk сказал:

I got curious and just calculated the number of shots in my game. 7 match day in, and in EPL teams (all AI controlled, on full detail) are producing a little over 28 shots per game (2 teams combined). In this last EPL match day the number is 19. Not double, but still a significant difference. I believe FM 17 ME was closer to real life, but could be wrong. 

Looks like IRL the same numbers or just little less:

Tottenham 3-1 Chelsea, 18-13 shots (total 31)

Liverpool 5-1 Arsenal, 15-8 (23)

Everton 2-6 Tottenham 10-17 (27)

Man City 3-1 Everton 13-9 (22)

Chelsea 2-0 Man City 8-14 (22)

But in FM I have the same games like Man City - Liverpool. Especially in FM19 where it's easier to defend. I'm talking about matches where is no room for error and both teams play carefully.

P.S.

I'm not trying to convince you about FM17 (For example I guess that the most balanced ME is 12 lol), but imo FM17 have few issues, especially wingers and fullbacks in stage of defence. Which were fixed and improved in FM18 and FM19.

50 minutes ago, optimusprimal82 said:

Just as a final follow up on my earlier post about playing time - not convinced there still isn't something slightly amiss behind the scenes having just seen this;

Might clear up in a game or two, have played him a bit more but player is still listed as unhappy - wonder if there is just a conflict/clash of perceived status, current status, playing time and some of the changes I made in contract talks playing a part? This particular player has a few promises too (none around playing time - yet) and have noticed a few blips with promises elsewhere in my games (spotted a few reports on the bug thread too) so wonder if there is some funny business going on. No majors regardless, just interesting/observations

What was his initial request on negotiation (if he was a new signing) I would upload the save, but given the number of promises, he does sound like a very demanding player anyway, would be interested to know what his personality is

44 minutes ago, optimusprimal82 said:

It looks like the promise hasn't expired yet, that's why the negative is still there. Is that correct?

38 minutes ago, Novem9 said:

But in FM I have the same games like Man City - Liverpool. Especially in FM19 where it's easier to defend. I'm talking about matches where is no room for error and both teams play carefully.

P.S.

I'm not trying to convince you about FM17 (For example I guess that the most balanced ME is 12 lol), but imo FM17 have few issues, especially wingers and fullbacks in stage of defence. Which were fixed and improved in FM18 and FM19.

Didn't Liverpool have over 30 shots against Utd several weeks ago?

5 hours ago, Novem9 said:

P.S.

No I don't think it is. Not sure how you picked above matches. I just went to random gameday instead of selecting specific matches, and the average I see is around 19 in EPL. In Turkish league it is even much lower. 

There is big difference.

Edit: Just checked some other european leagues, like Serie A, Bundesliga, La Liga etc. They all have averages around 15-20, whereas FM 19 is approaching 30. I may be wrong, but I think FM 17 was very close to real life in that sense. That doesn't mean that I prefer FM 17 ME of course, this is just one criteria where it was more realistic. Overall I prefer the FM 19 ME.

Edited by bleventozturk

Just now, ajw10 said:

So I've received a touchline ban for something my assistant said (has to be a bug) and it's for the League Cup Final. I select my team and notice that my AM has picked a completely different one. Is this intended or a bug?

If you regard something as a bug, please report it in the bugs forum, ideally with a save from before the issue.

4 hours ago, ajw10 said:

So I've received a touchline ban for something my assistant said (has to be a bug) and it's for the League Cup Final. I select my team and notice that my AM has picked a completely different one. Is this intended or a bug?

Only you could have come up with this. I'm convinced you make half of this up.

Am I getting paranoid or did something happen to my last post? I know I sent it, I even edited it but now it is gone. If a mod deleted it, please give me a message, otherwise I assume it is a bug and re-post again and again. 

Anyway, on the topic of touchline bans: I said the following after a game in a calm tone regarding a questionable red card 'It seemed a bit harsh from where I was sitting.'

Somehow this answer, in this tone resulted in a warning. Can anyone explain or make sense of that? The last time I questioned the bans in reference to German reality but to me that makes no sense in *any* reality. It is not an assertion, it is not an attack, it is not aggressive. 

Does the game define *anything* even moderately critical of the refs as a bad attack? 

8 hours ago, bleventozturk said:

Edit: Just checked some other european leagues, like Serie A, Bundesliga, La Liga etc. They all have averages around 15-20

The current averages are around ~25 shots in the top leagues (with the EPL being at 24.6, and Serie A at 27.9).  Whilst FM never has specifically replicated a bigger Variation (the Eredivisie clocking in at 19), in parts because the AI is fairly "vanilla", you'd likely find a much bigger difference in general if you made a distinction as to how many of those shots come off positional play or set piece play though. This doesn't merely go for FM19 (even though it seems to bring the "issue" to the mainstream spotlight now fully). :D That's a distinction that SI from my end also seem to never have made -- certainly not in their soak test data still published in public a few seasons back.

It is a vital one though, no less because  both have their own tactical instructions -- and open positional Play is defended differently as set piece play (in simplified form, set piece play is a result of positional play getting defended "successfully" -- say via a foul/tackle leading to a free kick, a deflection leading to an attacking throw in or a Corner. What if such happens over and over again? Likewise, what would it tell About set piece defending if every other one leads to a shot? Etc.

Edited by Svenc

Any news yet about when the new patch will be released that will fix the long shots issue that makes the game unplayable at the moment?Almost a month already and we have no news at all..I want to play the game 

25 минут назад, CFuller сказал:

You should be well aware by now that SI never announce new patches in advance.

And honestly this is significant problem because instead of special public relations officers there are several busy developers who no have time and desire to do it completely

Edited by Novem9

Well they managed to break the game by so many goals from long shots and free kicks so they need to fix it immediately. I found the game almost perfect before this.

I haven’t played the game for weeks due to this but today I decided to load it up because I had a real craving.

First game against Bristol Rovers.

A long range goal within 1 minute and a HAT TRICK of freekick goals. Lost 4-0. 

Immediately turned my PC off. 

Here is where all the goals came from. 

6B99529E-6751-4430-87AD-9E38EE237004.jpeg

32CCE3A0-B455-4B11-BF1B-DBCA48BFE141.jpeg

On 03/01/2019 at 21:08, bleventozturk said:

I am watching the Man City - Liverpool game right now. First 45 min is over, and there has been a total of 3 shots between the two teams, 2 of which were on target. I hope one day the ME can reflect a real life football game in terms of number of shots. I think FM 17 came closest in that sense. There are still way too many shots in FM 19. It should be significantly more difficult to get a shot at goal. 

I mean, if we're just taking a single game as an example of how wrong the ME is in comparison to RL, I can do the same to defend it, right?

https://www.google.com/search?q=man+utd+vs+liverpool+2018&oq=man+utd+versus+live&aqs=chrome.5.0j69i57j0l4.11130j1j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8#sie=m;/g/11f67fmgmq;2;/m/02_tc;dt;fp;1;;

The latest ME update did more bad than good. To win games in this ME build you must either exploit shoot on sight TI, freekicks, throw ins or corners. The only downside is that AI cannot exploit the throwins like players can.

I think the most balanced ME was the first beta ME, the one that was criticized because of the wing play.

6 hours ago, Novem9 said:

And honestly this is significant problem because instead of special public relations officers there are several busy developers who no have time and desire to do it completely

Special public relations officers still wouldn't be able to tell you, because any information would come from a developer, and they won't know till they know. 

There's a reason why they announced updates they do 

1 час назад, themadsheep2001 сказал:

Special public relations officers still wouldn't be able to tell you, because any information would come from a developer, and they won't know till they know. 

There's a reason why they announced updates they do 

Just feedback is already trick. In my prev work among other things I was a middleman between software developers and business departments.
So I know how much important feedback, even without any specifics or promises.
For example check this message from Marc Duffy:

For now a lot of users have frustration about different issues, even negative from unfulfilled expectations. Or tired of uncertainty and waitings too.
Simple pernament feedback can solve this problem imho

3 minutes ago, Novem9 said:

Just feedback is already trick. In my prev work among other things I was a middleman between software developers and business departments.
So I know how much important feedback, even without any specifics or promises.
For example check this message from Marc Duffy:

For now a lot of users have frustration about different issues, even negative from unfulfilled expectations. Or tired of uncertainty and waitings too.
Simple pernament feedback can solve this problem imho

Neil posted this 5 days ago:

The feedback is actually there

I see many interface and ai improves, but I don't play in fm19 (ME reason) and can't check it in my save, because it's short.

Ask you here. I play in FM18 and its also better prev version, but I see many good players (sometimes amazing) in transfer list with low asking price. And no AI interest at all. 

This issue better in FM19?

Edited by Novem9

Is it me or has the widget at home page suddenly changed and with me unticking "highlight important panels on overview", it still change back after I have my widget the way I want it. Anyone else experiencing it. Not too sure if this is a bug but I have a strong feeling it is. 

7 hours ago, Novem9 said:

I see many interface and ai improves, but I don't play in fm19 (ME reason) and can't check it in my save, because it's short.

Ask you here. I play in FM18 and its also better prev version, but I see many good players (sometimes amazing) in transfer list with low asking price. And no AI interest at all. 

This issue better in FM19?

How dynamic the transfer market is can be down to the ratio of leagues loaded/players loaded you have. If you get that right, then it's usually fine. 

34 минуты назад, Dagenham_Dave сказал:

How dynamic the transfer market is can be down to the ratio of leagues loaded/players loaded you have. If you get that right, then it's usually fine. 

I guess 14 leagues in 9 European countries is enough to sigh 24-years old Gimenez from Atletico Madrid by 10 mln €

Especially in fact that in other saves clubs buy him by 60 mln €

Edited by Novem9

2 hours ago, Novem9 said:

I guess 14 leagues in 9 European countries is enough to sigh 24-years old Gimenez from Atletico Madrid by 10 mln €

Especially in fact that in other saves clubs buy him by 60 mln €

And there you have it. Every save is different. Remember, that AI controlled clubs will only shortlist a player if he falls within their available budget (whereas the human manager can shortlist anyone, anytime), so it might be in your save that the clubs who would realistically buy that player have used up their transfer budget for that transfer window. I'm speculating of course, but it's probably a credible scenario given that you've said the player has moved for much more in another save. 

1 hour ago, rdbayly said:

I have serious issues with the way that 'pressing' is modeled in the brave new world of the tactical creator; and how it subsequently plays out within the ME. I just lost away to Spurs 3-1, which is no surprise given my underdog status as Leeds. The defeat doesn't bother me, it's the manner of their goals given my tactical approach was specifically set up to prevent such passages of play. 

The below image shows the beginning of their second goal; which started with Eriksen who played a ball over the top for Kane to run on to. Before the game I analysed the goals Spurs had scored in the season so far. Many involved Eriksen assisting Kane (and in other news, bears still **** in the woods).

I decide to go with a slightly higher pressing strategy to cut off the supply to Kane. I've tried to play with a deeper line against top sides and just get battered anyway.

For a good 5 seconds of play following this image, play comes to a standstill. My players remain completely static, exactly where you see them in the image. Eriksen 'assesses his options' (see commentary), looks up, and pings it over the top to Kane, who scores. Absolutely no attempt is made by any of my players to prevent it

image.thumb.png.148b69d4765672c21db0a4cef1522a76.png 

This is the pressing system I used:

image.thumb.png.c85ee73b818e5a4530cd8d0f2bdc9461.png

Prior to the match, I assign opposition instructions to Eriksen:

• Pressing Intensity - Always
  • Tackling - Hard

The key issues are:

• Eriksen has crossed our LOE but no pressing is triggered (I'm seriously starting to believe that these imaginary lines across the pitch in the TC are extremely misleading)
  • Eriksen has been assigned specific OIs as stated above
  • Our pressing intensity is set to 'urgent'
  • The closest players to Eriksen have maxed out pressing intensity in their player instructions. Vokes is also on support duty so should be helping the team considering his very high aggression, teamwork and work rate (literally the reasons I signed him).

There are many interpretations of pressing, not just with the use of an arbitrary LOE. I don't think the LOE is working as it should anyway, as it often results in players pressing without any plan, intelligence or efficiency.

Below shows just one way this goal could have been prevented:

image.thumb.png.8bcdb0be507d15088f1300912a3c7d29.png

Personally, I'd like to Pressing modeled using a series of triggers: 

1. Vokes begins the press by closing down Eriksen - He is 6 yards away FFS!

2. This triggers Saiz and Wilson to press and close down Eriksen's passing lanes

3. This triggers Capoue and Pearce to press the players who have been left unmarked as a result of the second trigger.

I wouldn't want Ferri involved in this as it is beyond his sphere of influence and would leave central midfield / my backline too exposed

If the press is successful, Eriksen is forced to play it backwards, hence preventing the ball over the top. If he beats the press then fair play, they are a quality team.  

The fact is there is no way to define your press in terms of who presses who, for how long, and what to do if the press is beaten. Of course, you could make a strong argument that my players aren't good enough to carry this off. Fine, but that doesn't excuse the absence of even an attempt to implement my instructions.

I'm no tactical expert of course and you may disagree with my interpretation. I'd be happy for a qualified coach to educate me.

I am no qualified coach just curious. The defensive side of the game involving marking and pressing is I believe by default is zonal marking and players press the opponent in their zone, even though the new pressing system suggests otherwise. (I might be wrong) So in this examlpe - and in any instance where the user wants to prevent certain passages of play and want to see a certain marking scheme - it would be more beneficial to tell every player to tight mark specific opponent.

@rdbayly I think there are some issues with pressing. One is that the "standard" LOE by default doesn't engage quickly enough.

I find that whatever mentality I play, going for a higher LOE works more effectively.

Also, given your tactic mentality is balanced and you are using an offside trap, there might be a case for an even higher LOE, or very urgent pressing, a counter-press, or some combination of those.

But you are right in what you say and I think we are having to work around this issue as FM players.

2 hours ago, Lord Rowell said:

@rdbayly I think there are some issues with pressing. One is that the "standard" LOE by default doesn't engage quickly enough.

I find that whatever mentality I play, going for a higher LOE works more effectively.

Also, given your tactic mentality is balanced and you are using an offside trap, there might be a case for an even higher LOE, or very urgent pressing, a counter-press, or some combination of those.

But you are right in what you say and I think we are having to work around this issue as FM players.

I've been experimenting with a higher LOE today and had both some good and poor results. As far as I'm aware, counter pressing only affects pressing behaviour immediately following a turnover of possession. In the case above, it wouldn't have made a difference as Spurs had been in possession for a fair few passes. Mentally, I'm now taking the approach that every LOE 'notch' is in reality 10-15 yards lower than its visual representation. The gaps between the lines on the TC are also misleading. If you set a deep defensive line and a high LOE, your head is telling you 'that's a stupid idea to leave so much space between the lines' - However, the reality is these large spaces seldom exist when watching a match on full / comp. 

Edited by rdbayly

Is there any place in game that you can see a list of managers ranked or sorted by reputation? I know that it was in some versions many years ago, but cant remember to see it for the past years?

I guess the "general" screen in "Managers" aint showing much, so maybe that one could been turned into a reputation list? Would have been fun to see how I was ranked reputation wise compared to other managers.

3 hours ago, DiasV said:

Is there any place in game that you can see a list of managers

Go to World>Managers and you can sort on various criteria (but not reputation). You can sort on landmark achievements - titles and cups - club wins, etc, but it only includes current managers in game, so no SAF or Wenger or Shankly

Just some general feedback for anyone with the power to look at these things/collecting the feedback for general improvements etc;

Good: I managed to get b2b promotions with FC United (now heading into League Two)

Bad (but ok, stuff happens): Due to league requirements the board had to improve the stadium at a colossal cost of 1.7 million. Luckily I drew Man City away last season in the FA cup so goodbye cup run, hello windfall. An additional loan the board took out also covered this off so i thought. Wage & transfer budget was budget was increased by a miserly 4.5k p/w (wages) and 105k for agents transfers. Thought maybe it's because of FFP but nope, we're still 28k p/w under that threshold (not that i'm suggesting for a minute we should play chicken with that) with 700k in the bank and season ticket cash still to come in.

The worst: (the board have hurt my feelings): We didn't have any discussion at all over this seasons expectations, instead of the usual 'pick your destiny and we'll adjust the budget accordingly' I instead got an early one of the 'polite reminder' mails telling me that minimum expectation is to finish top half of League Two. Now I have and will abuse the heck out of the free xfer and loan system (although I can't recruit lawn ornaments to do a job in this league like I could the Vanarama) to try and do that, but even then it seems ever so slightly unfair? My manager rep started as bottom too (about 90% of 1 star atm) so don't think that is the reason, I'm actually curious if it's because I'm >ahem< slightly over my wage budget, as in I'd already spent the budget they'd have allocated if i'd picked the current expectation levels? Still seems silly that they couldn't/wouldn't discuss with me or even give me a choice saying "finish here or reduce the wage bill" etc, or failing that, even explain why they suddenly think we're automatic promotion material? Realise the owner himself could be a bottom face, but last season after promotion we had the usual convo and all they wanted was to avoid relegation etc.

Not world ending, not as unrealistic as the pinball vid above, but I will be sad now if I get the sack and never get to prove my scouts wrong about the useless young striker they keep telling me is one to watch... 

1 hour ago, optimusprimal82 said:

Just some general feedback for anyone with the power to look at these things/collecting the feedback for general improvements etc;

Good: I managed to get b2b promotions with FC United (now heading into League Two)

Bad (but ok, stuff happens): Due to league requirements the board had to improve the stadium at a colossal cost of 1.7 million. Luckily I drew Man City away last season in the FA cup so goodbye cup run, hello windfall. An additional loan the board took out also covered this off so i thought. Wage & transfer budget was budget was increased by a miserly 4.5k p/w (wages) and 105k for agents transfers. Thought maybe it's because of FFP but nope, we're still 28k p/w under that threshold (not that i'm suggesting for a minute we should play chicken with that) with 700k in the bank and season ticket cash still to come in.

The worst: (the board have hurt my feelings): We didn't have any discussion at all over this seasons expectations, instead of the usual 'pick your destiny and we'll adjust the budget accordingly' I instead got an early one of the 'polite reminder' mails telling me that minimum expectation is to finish top half of League Two. Now I have and will abuse the heck out of the free xfer and loan system (although I can't recruit lawn ornaments to do a job in this league like I could the Vanarama) to try and do that, but even then it seems ever so slightly unfair? My manager rep started as bottom too (about 90% of 1 star atm) so don't think that is the reason, I'm actually curious if it's because I'm >ahem< slightly over my wage budget, as in I'd already spent the budget they'd have allocated if i'd picked the current expectation levels? Still seems silly that they couldn't/wouldn't discuss with me or even give me a choice saying "finish here or reduce the wage bill" etc, or failing that, even explain why they suddenly think we're automatic promotion material? Realise the owner himself could be a bottom face, but last season after promotion we had the usual convo and all they wanted was to avoid relegation etc.

Not world ending, not as unrealistic as the pinball vid above, but I will be sad now if I get the sack and never get to prove my scouts wrong about the useless young striker they keep telling me is one to watch... 

I'm finding b2b promotions aren't always a good thing in FM19. A few years of stability and slowly moving up the divisions, can almost be a blessing in disguise if the side/facilities aren't ready for step up.

3rd year in my simulated save, FC United are still in Conference North (went from 18th -> 12th -> 5th).. however with decent attendance of 2,500 (for that level) and cups runs, they now have over 2 million in the bank and a huge wage budget compared to other clubs at that level. Catch is the board are now demanding a minimum expectation of Promotion by Winning the League in the 4th season. 

17 minutes ago, Dan_987 said:

I'm finding b2b promotions aren't always a good thing in FM19. A few years of stability and slowly moving up the divisions, can almost be a blessing in disguise if the side/facilities aren't ready for step up.

3rd year in my simulated save, FC United are still in Conference North (went from 18th -> 12th -> 5th).. however with decent attendance of 2,500 (for that level) and cups runs, they now have over 2 million in the bank and a huge wage budget compared to other clubs at that level. Catch is the board are now demanding a minimum expectation of Promotion by Winning the League in the 4th season. 

I actually like that there may be a bit of a halt put on the progress if i'm honest - makes it more realistic for sure, actually like i'm helping shape/build the club as I go, I like the way I can discuss with the board what areas i'd rather focus the funding on for example - it's a bit simple and arbitrary sure, but much better than it was in ye olden days! :)

It's just the expectations that suck really as I've got what I feel is proportionately my smallest budget so far (especially as agents are far more prevalent at this level) and I've been hit with a pretty unrealistic expectation with no way to negotiate it etc. Won my first two games (by a single goal each) despite being the heavy underdog, albeit the 1st game saw the AI's 88th minute equaliser disallowed which made a nice change!

From the sounds of your save it'll definitely be beneficial for me to stay put for a year or so in terms of finance, just not sure i'll be able to keep hold of my star guys though sadly - what's more infuriating is their abysmal value despite stellar performances and the measly 30k offers i keep getting! Such is life for the minnows though, still far more fun than buying the same wonderkids ad nauseam! :)

1. Are loans really good? I found that players didn't improve much even if I will choose team with great training facilities or above that level and they are playing almost every match...I don't see much stats increased or value... for example in my team when they are playing they improve and their value as well... I loaned Ferran to Espanyol they have like almost max training grounds and they played with me in CDR Final and a lot of games in CL and his value or stats did't increase... the only one player that I loaned had improve even if all of them played and he improved in Real Betis not that good team but he was a striker and he was scoring some goals

and the worst thing is they might get worse personality and I am sure that they had a drop in determination...

2. I won CL in 3rd season and value of my players went up but in like  July it decrease so much even if I am the best team by reputation on 2nd place right after Man City... how it works? why so fast drop ?

3. Might be some problem with algorytm that it could be different than normally playing? I simulated next season and in the middle of it I had like 100mln Euro on transfer budget with rejecting offers by board checked and at the end I had twice as much...not sure how I got that money there wasn't any info, changed chairman etc and he never give me money for transfers I play with Valencia, I will check that but it will take me a while to get there with normal playing :) I checked transfer history but I didn't find anything and no future transfers out... I have like 10 loans of players when they will pay me 185k-230k for each player depend if he will play or not and cover his salary, maybe it's adding the entire income salary+fee to my transfer budget?  I just wonder if there is something I don't know about :)

4.How the underwritter chairman works ? If I will increase my wage budgets costs and will spend all the time the transfer budget, improve facilities etc he will add money just to be at 0 at bank balance ?

5. Can player get change in foot preffered? If it is Left or Right can it be changed to Both?   Also position if player is LB but have small dot on RB can he become natural in RB?

Edited by LukasZ_VCF