Football Manager 2019 Official Feedback Thread

Biggest downside for this year's FM from your pov ?  

66 members have voted

1. 1. What really annoy you this year while playing FM19 ?

• Players moaning for new contracts too often
    • Gegenpressing tactic too powerful
    • Youngsters determination decreasing despite tutoring
    • IA still stockpiling players at a specific position/low teambuilding
    • Calendar bug ,only 1 day to recover between 2 officials games, especially a the end of the season (Obviously, i'm not talking about the Boxing day)
    • International call-ups issues (players unavailable for Champions League final etc...)

This poll is closed to new votes

2 hours ago, Johnny Ace said:

How's Jones playing now on ME 19.2 @Tom8983 You said he'd hit a dip in form with the patch, has he picked back up?

I've not played much more, damn job! But of the handful more games I've managed he's been average really. The last 5 games has him at an average rating of 7.2, so he's picked up from his mini slump, but he's not really setting the world on fire. Still chipping in with assists though, and I'm still get asked about him in interviews regarding his high amount of assists, so it's all good.

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, MBarbaric said:

If it is of any importance, I am match analyst and do this for living so I took your five examples and checked them. Some definitions you may or may not agree but here it is:

GOAL 1

Phase of play: quick transition with no control in the middle/attacking third.
Attack starts: Middle third
With: CAM sideways pass towards the left flank
Ends: with winger making a 40m solo run scoring after a deflection

Goal trigger: poor defending from whole D-unit (or a great individual run, whichever you prefer).
That surely isn't a key pass, and i'd argue it isn't even an assist. the pass from the CAM doesn't take out anyone in defensive unit, it is in the middle third and all the work is done by the winger.

GOAL 2

Phase of play: counter attack
Attack starts: in defensive third
With: CAM successfully completing a direct pass that takes out 8 opposition players
Ends: with RW receiving the ball in attacking third, proceeding on a solo run to score

Goal trigger: poor defensive transition
A genuine assist

GOAL 3

Phase of play: counter attack 
Attack start: the ball is won high up the pitch on the left flank in attacking third,
With: CAM making a side pass towards the box for a tap in

Goal trigger: individual defensive error
A genuine assist

GOAL 4

Phase of play: positional attack?
Attack starts: with an  overload on the right flank
With: CAM making a side pass towards the central corridor
Ends: with a long shot from the edge of the box

Goal trigger: Blue RW #20 too wide, unable to help defend the central corridor
A genuine assist

GOAL 5

Phase of play: Counter attack
Attack starts: in defensive third
With: CAM on a solo run and a through ball towards #21
Ends: with a first time shot from the box

Goal trigger: poor defensive transition. white #5 leaving the opposition #21 to close down CAM 
A genuine assist

So to summarize,

- there is only one assist from an attack developed in attacking third (GOAL 4)

- three assists from counter attacks (GOALS 2, 3 and 5)

- one assist to a 40 yard solo run that isn't really an assist

only one from what I can see

it isn't about CAM's not having any influence on matches really. It is more about CAM's generally being ineffective during positional attacks as more advanced players lack movement in the attacking third.

This has twofold effect in the ME:

a) CAM's (or any player in central corridor) has no secure passing options since advanced players are marked out due to lack of movement

b) the only safe option is wide

You didn't really as 4 out of five assists by your CAM are during counter attacks and/or transitions. Only one was against a set-up defense. And even that one ended with a long shot.

You're missing some goals, I think two of the video clips had two goals in each of them. Both goals in the 4th clip were from sustained attacks, albeit one of them had been half cleared before we regained possession which is why we look a bit deeper than being camped outside their box. It was still a prolonged period of attack though, I don't count the second that they had the ball as a reset.

1 hour ago, westy8chimp said:

It is attributes because giving a conference player 10 in crossing and an epl player 10 in crossing isn't ever going to create vastly different quality of crossing is it? I do take your point that it's not just one attribute at play... But that's why I stated even 10 (aka 1) for any given attribute isn't worse enough compare to 200 (20) to give me a true difference between the worlds best vs the worlds worst. Especially as I don't think any player has 20 for every attribute or 1. So comparing Messi to the worst player on the game... As an average attribute is more like 30 vs 170....there are so many level of player that have to fit between as well. 

The calculations would have more impact the bigger that gap was... So would translate to different player ability within the ME. So if I have a load of players at City with say 1000 or 10,000 for passing (and other relevant attributes) and I build a high tempo short vertical game... And drop that into tier 21 with players who have 10 for passing (etc) .. I should see much more interceptions by opposition, miss placed passes, poor decisions to panic and clear instead of having composure to pick a pass... Poor touch to receive a pass etc. 

That's why IRL the lower down you go to watch a game... The less moves you will see with short consecutive passes. It's one pass two pass... Clear or tackle or turnover. So you get a DNA of simple formations, physical players and an end to end slug fest. 

I'm not sure what the bit in bold means, sorry. Can you expand on it?

Don't change the goalposts re attributes for lower divisions. At the start you mentioned League 2/Conference players, now you've gone all the way down to tier 21 ;) The game isn't really designed to cater for divisions that low down, truth be told, since the lowest playable division is the English tier 6. Imo the 1-20 attribute spread still holds at that level.

I'm not sure I agree with you re the lack of consecutive passes irl. Imo there's been a marked improvement in a global sense in terms of a small shift towards possession football. I can only compare at the low level I participate in and what you say was certainly the case when I started out 15-20 years ago, but it's much less so these days. Plenty of teams attempt a passing game, though naturally without anywhere near the level of success shown by City, Barcelona etc. That said, if the match engine in FM isn't capable of adequately displaying a low-level team trying, but failing, to play this particular style of football (or any other style of football, really), my point is that is not because the attribute range is not nuanced enough, but because the match engine is not sufficiently advanced to do so.

13 minutes ago, Mons said:

I'm not sure what the bit in bold means, sorry. Can you expand on it?

Attributes, whilst displaying whole numbers, are decimal. So 20=200 3=30 etc... As no one has 0 value for an attribute the lowest value, I assume is 10...the highest 200...but as I say, no one has 20 for every attribute... So I've generously averaged messi/Ronaldo at 17 (170) across all attributes for my example. 

After experimenting with the match engine after the update, I can say it is very close to perfection. All issues are related to players' turning speed. I saw some good off the ball movement from my strikers, one of them has ppm plays with back to goal and is fantastic in DLF-S role.

Too many corners? This issue would disappear if central midfielders would play the ball more central.

Strikers not moving? Their movement is linked to anticipation attribute, so maybe they don't move because they don't anticipate the ball coming to them, they only anticipate crosses coming into the box.

Everything is linked to midfielders notplaying the ball more centrally, not necessarily a through ball, maybe I want my striker to get the ball at his feet and then to hold it, waiting for wingers/IFs getting into position and then he can launch a through ball.

I hope the devs can fix this problem. Everything else will fall into place after, I'm sure of it.

edit. I believe turning speed is linked to agility attribute. I didn't test to look for differences between players with 12 agility or 18+

Edited by Vali184

20 minutes ago, westy8chimp said:

Attributes, whilst displaying whole numbers, are decimal. So 20=200 3=30 etc... As no one has 0 value for an attribute the lowest value, I assume is 10...the highest 200...but as I say, no one has 20 for every attribute... So I've generously averaged messi/Ronaldo at 17 (170) across all attributes for my example. 

I see. Not each attribute is equal, though. A player with 190CA doesn't have 19 across each attribute, after all, which is the logical progression of your argument. That's what I meant earlier when I said that an attribute in isolation isn't enough to understand how well a player executes a related task in-game. CA weights attributes by position so that attributes "needed" for a player's position are weighted differently depending on his position.

An attacker having a 17 in finishing is more important than having 17 in long throws, positioning or penalty-taking. Going by your reasoning, a striker with 17 in finishing and a 10 in long throws is equally as effective as one with 10 in finishing and 17 in long throws. Assuming everything else is equal will mean that the average is the same, after all, won't it?

2 minutes ago, Mons said:

I see. Not each attribute is equal, though. A player with 190CA doesn't have 19 across each attribute, after all, which is the logical progression of your argument. That's what I meant earlier when I said that an attribute in isolation isn't enough to understand how well a player executes a related task in-game. CA weights attributes by position so that attributes "needed" for a player's position are weighted differently depending on his position.

An attacker having a 17 in finishing is more important than having 17 in long throws, positioning or penalty-taking. Going by your reasoning, a striker with 17 in finishing and a 10 in long throws is equally as effective as one with 10 in finishing and 17 in long throws. Assuming everything else is equal will mean that the average is the same, after all, won't it?

No. I've tried to be clear without fillibustering. You can't take passing in isolation... Nor every single attribute. It's all relevant and I bracketed earlier..."(and all relevant attributes)". 

So a player with 16 in all attributes important for passing would equate to a top EPL player (not the best) and a player with 12 is the equivalent top of league Two. 

That's too close for my liking... 

But if it was 1000 vs 50 when it went into the ME pass success/ability calculation... Much more scope to differentiate between elite... Very good.... Good... OK.... Poor....very poor.... Bottom of the food chain

14 minutes ago, Vali184 said:

After experimenting with the match engine after the update, I can say it is very close to perfection. All issues are related to players' turning speed. I saw some good off the ball movement from my strikers, one of them has ppm plays with back to goal and is fantastic in DLF-S role.

did you play beta or you think it's different?

2 hours ago, themadsheep2001 said:

There needs to be more attempts at forward passing overall. Only slightly more on through balls based on what little stats I've seen. I conjuction, offensive players need to be on the half turn more. Solve that and you're virtually there. 

Agreed. Just need to be careful there with the pass accuracy and how the defense deals with that change, and we shall have a very good ME.

Personally I would prefer what we have now, vs. those forward passes creating cricket scores all of a sudden.

Edited by bleventozturk

1 hour ago, Mitja said:

did you play beta or you think it's different?

A few games here and there. I got the impression that it's different. I saw a few risky passes from my midfielders which resulted in good scoring opportunities. I am yet to play with AMC in public 19.2.0. I'm playing with the weakest team in La Liga, SD Huesca and my main playmaker has 14 for passing, technique,first touch, vision and 13 for agility. I would like to test how different playmaking roles (roaming, deep-laying, enganche etc.) act when they have high attributes in all the necessary attributes but I don't have much time. It's logical that players with high mental stats and agility would turn better and make the decision of taking a risky pass more often.

I also think Dynamics have a great role in how your players understand each other on the pitch. You have to practice a lot a move to do it without thinking. When you receive the ball, you should not even think where your teammate is and to where he started moving, you should already know it from training. It becomes instinct. I saw something like this in Tottenham's game against Barcelona. Fast counters and passes without looking.

1 hour ago, 2feet said:

How do you get match cohesion to increase?

Mine has been stuck on 'good' for a few months, and there is plenty of space on the power bar for the rating to go higher... but how?

Better results. 'Good' is still good. It's not 'Bad'.

Edited by Vali184

SI do you have plans to release a new ME for FM19 with the winter transfer patch? I know normally you don’t answer these type of questions but, given the fact we have a few major ME problems I thought I might try my luck and cross my fingers for a positive reply. I mainly ask because FM 17 and 18 didn’t receive significant ME updates with the last patch.

Edited by Weller1980

After playing 8~9 in the new engine i come to some conclusions :

+ The ME has improved,no doubt about that,i saw a lot of nice moves that i liked and i think the overall player decision making has been improved.

+ The wings play is there,not to powerful and not to weak,i liked that a lot.

- Even though the AMC position has been better in these version,still i want to see more creativity and through passes to the striker.

- Striker movement is still a really big issue,it dosent matter if i put CF or P or DLF still im see lack of movement of my striker and its very frustrating 

- BBM and CM were way to powerful in long shots,now its a little bit reduced but still im seeing a lot of goal out side of the box with my BBM 

- Still some weird diving from the Gk's when a ball goes to the post or with 1 on 1 situation i want to see the GK dive to the ball and not just freeze and do nothing.

Overall its solid,i thought the previous build was broken but i see an improvement,im looking for to the next patch and im very hoping that is not the final build of this year ME.

Cheers  

5 hours ago, 2feet said:

How do you get match cohesion to increase?

Mine has been stuck on 'good' for a few months, and there is plenty of space on the power bar for the rating to go higher... but how?

Winning loads of games, plus tactical and mental training has a slight boost from what I've tampered with recently so hope that helps

13 hours ago, westy8chimp said:

We go back and forth on this a bit... I agree with you, but given the example I gave above... The difference between Messi and certain semi pros in LLM is not a few %... Speed, fitness, technical skills... They are on different planets. 

Yeah the difference between Messi and the other type of strikers Barcelona could sign is small... Messi is the best, but the 50 th best striker in the world will still score goals in that barca team.... I agree at that level. And the difference between your #1 & #2gk might be 1%...but the difference between DDG and a part time gk... Is massive. 

I agree that there is significant gap between tiers of Course. What triggered my reply was mainly the shock realization posted that even a player with a Long shots ca. 5 would be able to hit the target from yards out. Any Player can and could, it's about the frequency (may vary also from release to release). FM has never  simulated the "world's worst Players"  (a phrase used by Bleventozturk) btw... in parts as that would be likely tough to balance considering the balancing problems the game oft has simulating the upper echolons /semi pro Levels. Would be hugely fun if it would though -- would also likely make for a funny match engine). :D 

If you want to see Messi being Alien Special btw, go back to FM 15, where he could complete up to a dozen+ Dribbles per match average (up to 20 in individual Matches when isoalted and forced to dribble) -- and where sticking 10 men behind the ball plus hoofing it upfield to him could still somewhat Keep Barcelona afloat in general (doN't try it with much worse Players tho). :D 

Edited by Svenc

Next game I played. Removed shoot less often PI from all my players. One of these long shots was also my winger cutting inside onto his reasonable foot.

1743934714_BarnetvWhitehawk_AnalysisTeams.thumb.png.60ebd43f38a8774aff17d4490da03966.png

Last 5 games since the update, more than twice the amount of goals conceded from outside the box as inside. Will update as I play more.

1057324590_Whitehawk_AnalysisGoals.thumb.png.33005c8e98e420feda44db2719e17cca.png

Edited by Orangedale

I really like this ME, but its true about strikers passive. Stand and behold like zen masters :D

If I play 442 its more or less, but something like 4123 and single striker totally disappears (if I play in possesion). Please check striker balance and ME will shine

1672045875_Image3.thumb.png.d78ef754cd33726f9b5d460bf6f7f4ef.png

Edited by Novem9

7 hours ago, GOODNAME said:

After playing 8~9 in the new engine i come to some conclusions :

+ The ME has improved,no doubt about that,i saw a lot of nice moves that i liked and i think the overall player decision making has been improved.

+ The wings play is there,not to powerful and not to weak,i liked that a lot.

- Even though the AMC position has been better in these version,still i want to see more creativity and through passes to the striker.

- Striker movement is still a really big issue,it dosent matter if i put CF or P or DLF still im see lack of movement of my striker and its very frustrating 

- BBM and CM were way to powerful in long shots,now its a little bit reduced but still im seeing a lot of goal out side of the box with my BBM 

- Still some weird diving from the Gk's when a ball goes to the post or with 1 on 1 situation i want to see the GK dive to the ball and not just freeze and do nothing.

Overall its solid,i thought the previous build was broken but i see an improvement,im looking for to the next patch and im very hoping that is not the final build of this year ME.

Cheers  

I've played about 55 games now with this latest build and I agree completely with you. It's definitely a step in the right direction despite the usual negativity around here. If they can fix the lack of central play with AMC and make the differences between all the Forward roles more prominent and discernible, I would be extremely happy. Hopefully they can fix the screaming longshot goals from mid field. Should be a relatively easy fix I believe. It's nice to see goals from deep, I just hope we don't return to FM18 where there were hardly any.

I have solved my issue with allowing long distance goals by adjusting my tactics, however, the AI gives up a ton atm. The trick is to either set one of your CB's to stopper or to have an Anchor man or BWM on Defend Duty. Marking and closing down specific players help too to mitigate the goals from deep. Although I haven't tried, I believe defending with a more narrow width would help as well. 

Does anyone know if rain affects the GK's ability to save long distance shots? I've noticed now that there were quite a few times when the ball would hit them in the hands and then end up in the net. It's as if their vision is affected.

16 минут назад, rain94 сказал:

Does anyone know if rain affects the GK's ability to save long distance shots?

I guess it does. SI never do something just for background (otherwise we already have manager's wife etc). 

17 минут назад, rain94 сказал:

I've noticed now that there were quite a few times when the ball would hit them in the hands and then end up in the net. It's as if their vision is affected.

+ dont forget that wet ball has more unpredictable flight path and even in professional gloves it harder to keep a ball

Definitely a significant increase in number of goals from long range compared to public beta which is strange considering it was supposedly the same ME version. Direct FK's especially are a bit mad, see one going in almost every game. 

Just had a ridiculous game yesterday that ended with a 6-4 win over Schalke. Very unusual for my typically solid defence. Out of the 10 goals scored, 2 were from corners, 2 from DFK's and 1 from a shot outside the box. Obviously crazy games happen and it's not about the score so much as how the goals came, felt oddly representative of the current ME. I will say a couple of the goals were nice as well, one of theirs was even a real, short, grounded through ball. 

Interesting to note and I'll recommend this to people having trouble getting creative AMC's to perform - they do very well out wide. My AP-A on AML has an average rating of around 7.8 in 11 games this season, gets good goals and a lot of assists. Not seeing many 'classic' through balls from him but the wide position allows him to repeatedly ping lobbed through balls with a nice curl into the channel for the striker to run onto. This is probably what many people who say they're seeing lots of through balls mean, and indeed those kind of passes from deep positions are fairly common. 

21 minutes ago, bar333 said:

Definitely a significant increase in number of goals from long range compared to public beta which is strange considering it was supposedly the same ME version. Direct FK's especially are a bit mad, see one going in almost every game. 

Just had a ridiculous game yesterday that ended with a 6-4 win over Schalke. Very unusual for my typically solid defence. Out of the 10 goals scored, 2 were from corners, 2 from DFK's and 1 from a shot outside the box. Obviously crazy games happen and it's not about the score so much as how the goals came, felt oddly representative of the current ME. I will say a couple of the goals were nice as well, one of theirs was even a real, short, grounded through ball. 

Interesting to note and I'll recommend this to people having trouble getting creative AMC's to perform - they do very well out wide. My AP-A on AML has an average rating of around 7.8 in 11 games this season, gets good goals and a lot of assists. Not seeing many 'classic' through balls from him but the wide position allows him to repeatedly ping lobbed through balls with a nice curl into the channel for the striker to run onto. This is probably what many people who say they're seeing lots of through balls mean, and indeed those kind of passes from deep positions are fairly common. 

The bulk of my testing was done with the Latest Public Beta 19.2 that they had up for about a week and a half and the subsequent Public 19.2 just released. It is my opinion that nothing has changed, though I have no numbers to prove that. As for Direct FK's...I am unsure about that at the moment. It may not be broken. I had a lot earlier on with 19.2 Beta but then towards the end it seemed to leveled out. Are you training in the Set pieces category both for and against? Also do you adjust any of the routines?

Thanks for the tip regarding wide AP.

Enjoying the ME.

Only using 1 Striker so not really seeing issues with a lack of movement.

True through balls are rare, just like in real life but I've seen some classics in this ME so they are there.

Long shots a bit OP but it makes for exciting games so don't really mind that.

Good job, but always room for improvement !

vor 30 Minuten schrieb rain94:

The bulk of my testing was done with the Latest Public Beta 19.2 that they had up for about a week and a half and the subsequent Public 19.2 just released. It is my opinion that nothing has changed, though I have no numbers to prove that. As for Direct FK's...I am unsure about that at the moment. It may not be broken. I had a lot earlier on with 19.2 Beta but then towards the end it seemed to leveled out. Are you training in the Set pieces category both for and against? Also do you adjust any of the routines?

Thanks for the tip regarding wide AP.

Of course nothing has changed. It hasn't downloaded a single byte since the full 19.2 release . How could they change smth without us having to download it ? :D Makes no sense at all

6 minutes ago, haffaz77 said:

Of course nothing has changed. It hasn't downloaded a single byte since the full 19.2 release . How could they change smth without us having to download it ? :D Makes no sense at all

Yea but they released a couple of very small updates (2 if I remember correctly) to Beta 19.2.0 that fixed stability issues a couple of days before Public 19.2.0 was released. However, there was a stretch of about 2 weeks between those final stability updates and another update that listed quite a number of changes to the ME. We don't know if they made any small balancing adjustments to the match engine since Neil didn't post a detailed change log other than to say that it helped with stability. 

vor 2 Minuten schrieb Lenzar:

Since the 19.2 patch went live I've noticed players getting tired a lot more easily. :\

What i noticed is that when you play with a Possession based tactic which should make the other team tired during a match (just like in real life) . the opposite happens. Your team which has the Ball 65%+  is more tired at the end than the other team . Never seen that happening irl .

19.2 is not perfect, no, but its damn fine.  I am enjoying it.  I watch most matches in full or comprehensive these days (never did so much in the 2D era but in 17 I did for a little bit but in 2D)... [18 was me going back to just key highlights most of the time unless there was trouble I'd try to work out extended highlights]... but now watching 3D in full match is all I want to do and there's one reason: the ME is just great.  Its become the way I play.   The only matches I put on key highlights are ones against bottom sides where I am having heaps of shots and know I will win most likely (sometimes not by as much as I would like) and I don't have anything interesting happening in my squad.  So I mean not watching for a youngsters performance or some such, etc or just know I will win/the team can do it on their own and there's an upcoming match that is much more interesting to invest time in.  Sometimes if you're up 2 nil in such a situation or 3, there's not enough compelling points to watching the next 10 shots on goal [usually, depends] when you know the next match on the calendar is the more meaningful encounter.  

I also make sure to give the analysis a look over before and after matches, even a cursory one, because I think it fits in nicely to the overall immersion of the game rather than just seeking it out when something is up.  Its good to be able to track performances and chide players when you know they could be doing more, or to get ready to sell someone, etc.  Then its even better when you want to buy someone in during the off season or offload a striker and use others, etc.   

Unsurprisingly I have played only 1 full season plus 2 competition months into my second season and I have to say it was already good but the improvements have been great to see.  There was a noticeable jump and now this jump.  

I went through periods where set pieces are seeing more goals, sure, but overall I don't think for me its heavily skewed.  There's a wide variety of ways goals are scored and no its not real football but I 100% understand how it all relates to the game and gameplay when watching, and as a game and for adjusting, etc, it succeeds how no other version has before.  Not sure what others are seeing but I really like it.  

I wonder if people have the 'play for set pieces' option turned on.  One of the best things about playing this year is that especially in full match mode there's so much granular control over your team.  The balance is just the icing on the cake.  If a player is playing a bit less than well or his mood is down you can change things up or give him a shout.  If you want more chances you can shout to your midfield or change a role, sub a player as needed if its not his day, etc.  I find it all engrossing.  If your defence is looking a bit shaky and the opposition have some quality you can get them to tighten up, you can adjust playing out of defence, etc.  

I've had a very successful season and I must admit playing for a leading club/some may say mid-tier club, but everything is as I would expect from the performances; and the match tactics plan for the game ahead is a great tool this year too.  You get advice from the assistants (which are sometimes counter to your ideas) and you can implement all this before, during and after the match.  You can boost training performances and make adjustments, etc and then rest players; I find it all fits in nicely and I enjoyed the rotating of my squad and bringing up youngsters or getting the last drops out of enthusiastic old stalwarts.

No the ME is not perfect, but the game is absolutely great.  I don't think its a matter of forcing myself to suspend my disbelief because I am having too much fun roleplaying and enjoying the rise/fall of performances, etc.  Nothing really bad jumps out to me in the main (I know strikers go missing now and then and there was a period where my [very good] midfield really should have been up front but how is it any different to the world with all the variables) and certainly nothing jumps out to me to ruin the 'game' because its 100% playable and you can adjust etc based off it.  One has a lot of agency to affect the game world and everything lines up more or less with how one would expect.  I'm not shrugging things off but I don't have a problem with the game.  The things that may be wrong with it according to some could be improved - go for it, complain, etc and fix, whatnot... - but as a game I stand by the assertion it completely succeeds.  

Edited by footballmanager1234
extra content

5 hours ago, haffaz77 said:

b14177baf662f12421977bfd6932e272.png

Just another small example for how bad it is with the red cards . still seeing too often 2 red cards for 1 team . AI vs AI 

I see the odd red card here and then, but not like that. Penalties is another subject... 

8 hours ago, haffaz77 said:

Presumably the ME has to take parameters from the management part of the game (morale etc.) so that it knows the match it's simulating, so changes there could feed into the ME causing slight differences in how it plays.

9 hours ago, bar333 said:

Interesting to note and I'll recommend this to people having trouble getting creative AMC's to perform - they do very well out wide. My AP-A on AML has an average rating of around 7.8 in 11 games this season, gets good goals and a lot of assists. 

Playing as West Ham, I've been using Felipe Anderson as an AP-A wide on the left - is very effective.  Moreso than the winger and IF roles that he can also play.

On 13/12/2018 at 19:31, westy8chimp said:

No. I've tried to be clear without fillibustering. You can't take passing in isolation... Nor every single attribute. It's all relevant and I bracketed earlier..."(and all relevant attributes)". 

So a player with 16 in all attributes important for passing would equate to a top EPL player (not the best) and a player with 12 is the equivalent top of league Two. 

That's too close for my liking... 

But if it was 1000 vs 50 when it went into the ME pass success/ability calculation... Much more scope to differentiate between elite... Very good.... Good... OK.... Poor....very poor.... Bottom of the food chain

I agree on this. Just started up a save in French National 1 and it’s 12 across the board in comparison, other than a couple in physical at 13. 

I’m not sure what Ligue 1 is but probably 14/15. That’s a small difference though.

Also other than the truly elite players, 15 in any attribute is very good, but 12 is only 3 less and that’s average for National 1. 

Is anyone else getting this on latest update? Nearly every freekick hits the back of the ne at the near post. They might as well have a penalty because the success rate it unrealistic even between league 2 and conference north/south. Is there any way to battle this? Can i put a man on the near post? I don't want to tell the entire defence and midfield to stay on feet. 

3 minutes ago, CFuller said:

Mine can't seem to decide whether he wants me to switch to shorter or more direct passing. :D That aside, I am finding his advice to be slightly more useful this year.

Mine's very consistent about his passing advice ... it's the opposite of whatever I'm doing at the time ...

... even if I've just switched in line with his advice :D

On a separate subject - I'm getting a little fed up with players reaching the edge of the box and firing off shots regardless of space or passing opportunities.

Edited by rp1966

I love how my DOF suggests a player to me who is 3x the price and wage my club would spend, surely he knows our wage structure and our buying policy, it's Hibernian and we don't buy players at £8m and give them wages of £12k per week.

On 13/12/2018 at 21:49, Weller1980 said:

SI do you have plans to release a new ME for FM19 with the winter transfer patch? I know normally you don’t answer these type of questions but, given the fact we have a few major ME problems I thought I might try my luck and cross my fingers for a positive reply. I mainly ask because FM 17 and 18 didn’t receive significant ME updates with the last patch.

There's very little wrong with the match engine at the moment, certainly nothing 'major' to the extent some on here would have you believe. 

Not sure where it should go, but I'm on an Arsenal save, first season and I have a Europa League 2nd KO round game away at Lazio on the Thursday night and then a fixture at 12.30pm on Saturday at home to Manchester United. Shouldn't these league games be scheduled on a Sunday after a Europa League game?