Football Manager 2019 Official Feedback Thread

Biggest downside for this year's FM from your pov ?  

66 members have voted

1. 1. What really annoy you this year while playing FM19 ?

• Players moaning for new contracts too often
    • Gegenpressing tactic too powerful
    • Youngsters determination decreasing despite tutoring
    • IA still stockpiling players at a specific position/low teambuilding
    • Calendar bug ,only 1 day to recover between 2 officials games, especially a the end of the season (Obviously, i'm not talking about the Boxing day)
    • International call-ups issues (players unavailable for Champions League final etc...)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

21 hours ago, upthetoon said:

42 shots is quite insane. that's like 1 shot every 2 minute. lol. with 49 crosses. 1 cross every ~1.8 minutes. 

happens to the best...

2011704495_Al-Ittihad(KSA)vManCity_MatchReview.thumb.png.a5d8e4b3c840b6fd63764d79b719c038.png

City was managed by AI btw (my team was also eliminated in semifinals and Al-Ittihad actually won the whole thing :lol:).

Ill start with the usual ive played every iteration of the game since it started, in fact the 1st manager game i played was Kevin Thomas manager on the ZX Spectrum. My feedback on the game is that i love it - it may have flaws and infuriate people with match engine  issues and other bits and bobs and bugs  - but no other game in the world had ever had be immersed to the point where its like a 2nd job where ive sunk hundereds of hours into it and non of it feels wasted.

20 hours ago, eye-switcher said:

Quick question, is it possible to learn a player to "green" in a new position or is accomplished "brow-reddish" max? probably discussed thousand of times, nbut anyway. Coutinho for instance can he he ever become more than Brown in any a new cm role? 

Not that I know of, tried it many a times with my players and bought players and they never change. However, the SI know about this and it has been reported, ill test it out in the public beta within next few days and get back to you if they they change or not. 

I'm not the only one facing the Strikers "False Nine" Problem  it has been reported before

The Problem.

The ST (False Nine) acts as a ST (Poacher) during the Final Third

ME EXAMPLE

Red Circle. The False Nine acts as a Poacher during the attacking phase.

1624243345_FALSENINE.thumb.png.f59b64f1dab0bca281eaca22bd2498d5.png

image.thumb.png.32b00c74f3f8d1ba71b154c73dd8b343.png

What should happen.

The False Nine should act as a Roaming CAM

1. Position & Movement

• Defend like as CAM (Support)
  • Attack as a Roaming CAM (Support) during Build-Up and Final Third

2. Roam Around, Move Into Channel. To create space, support team-mates, and help create more options for player on the ball during attack

3. Hold Up the Ball. To allow players behind him and around him (AMLR/CM) to move forward

Image result for false nine

Messi acts as a CM and Sometimes a CAM during Tiki Taka days of being a False 9 

simage.thumb.png.9cebdbb7d0a559f49f1e861db29bab60.png

Edited by kingking

Anyone else finding it really hard to sell players? I've offered Sanchez, Lukaku, Mata, Thiago, Shaw and more out for £0 and no offers. Sanchez I can understand because of his wages  but the rest seem a bit ridiculous 

Edited by 91427

2 hours ago, BigV said:

Not that I know of, tried it many a times with my players and bought players and they never change. However, the SI know about this and it has been reported, ill test it out in the public beta within next few days and get back to you if they they change or not. 

I've had a youth teamer learn a new position - now accomplished at left back, whereas before was just left midfield. Adaptability is required to learn a new position.

I am a veteran of the series. And last season, after all the problems, the main one remained - the home favorite with odds over 1 to 3 cannot lose. Yes, and draw in a complete problem. In this regard, I refused to buy the main version of this season, and this is unlikely that it has changed and more or less the real odds on the outcome within the game have nothing to do with the real result. Bought a touch version on iOS. And the result - a few dozen matches Manchester United against Bournemouth (1 to 4 coeff ingame) All home team wins and only one draw 0-0. Shots 30+ in the home team against 2-5 in the opponent. Do you disrespect Bournemouth so much? Horror. Okay, this is a special case. Friendly games with Milan, Bavaria, Monaco. 30+ punches at Manchester. Crushing victories. And famous rivals are just extras. One gets the feeling that the game has turned into an encyclopedia of football, and not a simulator. The game engine has nothing to do with football.((

1 hour ago, Scotty Walds said:

I've had a youth teamer learn a new position - now accomplished at left back, whereas before was just left midfield. Adaptability is required to learn a new position.

The key attribute is versatility. Adaptability is the ability of a player to adapt to living in a foreign country; versatility is the ability of a player to play anywhere apart his natural position.

I'm playing with a 442/4411/5212 and utilize central play.  

I'm seeing very little through passing, very little movement, tons of long shots off target, etc - is it just me or are others seeing this as well?

I'm also noticing that this iteration seems to be very... individualistic.  In FM18, when you had a good game, the whole team would play well - average ratings in the 7s.  This time around, you can win 4-0 but you only have 2 players with a 7+ rating with others in the mid 6s.  I notice this a lot.

Edited by CybrSlydr

On ‎07‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 16:26, upthetoon said:

42 shots is quite insane. that's like 1 shot every 2 minute. lol. with 49 crosses. 1 cross every ~1.8 minutes. 

At 22 corners, it's also like a corner every 2nd Minute the ball is actually "in play". Makes you wonder whether there was any actually Football being played (and any opportunity at all created from open Play -- in actually space). :P  And that's just the Corners. Not that far fetched to predict that there were a couple of attacking throws, direct and indirect free kicks leading to the added shot in typically jam packed boxes likewise. If the AI Team contributed to this with some of the nonsensicals it frequently did until more recent,  at least some of it may be "deserved" mind. :D (I generally have the suspicious the game tactically would be better off at this stage if the UI wouldn't allow childish nonsensicals, AI included -- but rather only ever would allow to pick between logical decisions you generally see on an actual Football pitch. FM is simulating semi/professional Football Management after all.) In a way, the way the game tends to simulate tactics is like a Basic learning coaching course, where it's assumed players would need to pick up basic common sense from experience or otherwise, and then have the edge over AI. If you move beyond that…….

A positive side-effect would be that SI would only need to code and worry about movement you actually get to see on an actual football pitch when balancing their game. :P The flipside to this approach would be that some more, er "creative" players may be alienated.

Edited by Svenc

5 hours ago, Mons said:

The key attribute is versatility. Adaptability is the ability of a player to adapt to living in a foreign country; versatility is the ability of a player to play anywhere apart his natural position.

That's the one! I'm fairly sure adaptablity was the attribute a few years ago, though.

2 hours ago, Scotty Walds said:

That's the one! I'm fairly sure adaptablity was the attribute a few years ago, though.

Are their even versatility attributes though unless hidden? in the full version or 1st patch it's impossible for any of my players to change to natural or any type from competent. It was an issue but havent played enough in PB to see if anything changed 

I am so frustrated with the FM19 ME in a way I have never been before.  I'm using tactics that are basically the same that have carried me through 9 years of FM with fairly consistent solid results, and in FM19 it's just a joyless slog where I am constantly underperforming and on the verge of getting sacked.  It's like no matter how many goals I score, my opponents score the same or 1 more, and the tactics and quality of the players scarcely seems to matter at all.  I am spending so much of my time agonizing rather than enjoying that I'm starting to reconsider playing FM at all.  At least in most games you can practice, improve, get to the next level, etc.  You aren't at the whims of an opaque ME where you have no idea if the things you're doing are even helping or hurting or having absolutely no meaningful effect at all.

I know this just sounds like a whinge but something really is different this year.  I have never enjoyed FM so little and that really says something considering the non-ME components of FM19 are very polished.

10 hours ago, Scotty Walds said:

I doubt it. I've been playing FM long enough to remember when both adaptability and versatility were visible attributes on a player's profile, and neither attribute has changed its purpose since then. Actually, I think it was still Championship Manager!

Edit: Added pic

CqnumnRWcAAJ93L.jpg

Edit 2: That's 20 years ago :kriss:

2 ore fa, Gungner ha scritto:

I strongly dislike that no matter the tactic, it's (almost) impossible to score more than twice against a lower rated side, as they will just park the bus with 9 men in defense and not even try to counter attack. 

This is a severe issue, not yet addressed in current beta version

7 hours ago, jujigatame said:

I have never enjoyed FM so little and that really says something considering the non-ME components of FM19 are very polished.

Dunno, if this was the first ever release where I  would be close to getting the first sack on any FM ever, rather than exclusively AI, I'd scream, "hooray, finally some football Management Simulation proper" and give SI a pat on the back. :D 

(Generally agree about the feedback issue you hinted at, which is a long-term thing btw). I'd argue it's hugely significant, as on Prior Releases too there's a HUGE difference between never seeing the sack 
Winning and roughly knowing why. This is very relevant in a football simulation, as football tends to be a sports settled in pitifully key seconds in-game or otherwise every single week of play. Despite dozens of attacks every match. The vice versa, naturally, goes for losing. The margins in particular in competitive games (e.g. Teams of the same tiers) may be usually very fine though. Both Winning and losing can both be frustrating in their own way if for a player there's no much perceived cause and effect involved for whichever reason. The Problem naturally is, that a significant part of football is inherently random. Doubly so in individual Matches. And even over the course of a season.... SI may take a look at how real world football analysis tries to determine what's what.

Edited by Svenc

18 hours ago, Svenc said:

At 22 corners, it's also like a corner every 2nd Minute the ball is actually "in play". Makes you wonder whether there was any actually Football being played (and any opportunity at all created from open Play -- in actually space). :P  And that's just the Corners. Not that far fetched to predict that there were a couple of attacking throws, direct and indirect free kicks leading to the added shot in typically jam packed boxes likewise. If the AI Team contributed to this with some of the nonsensicals it frequently did until more recent,  at least some of it may be "deserved" mind. :D (I generally have the suspicious the game tactically would be better off at this stage if the UI wouldn't allow childish nonsensicals, AI included -- but rather only ever would allow to pick between logical decisions you generally see on an actual Football pitch. FM is simulating semi/professional Football Management after all.) In a way, the way the game tends to simulate tactics is like a Basic learning coaching course, where it's assumed players would need to pick up basic common sense from experience or otherwise, and then have the edge over AI. If you move beyond that…….

A positive side-effect would be that SI would only need to code and worry about movement you actually get to see on an actual football pitch when balancing their game. :P The flipside to this approach would be that some more, er "creative" players may be alienated.

many many matches end up like this. and as you put it ''whether there was any actual football being played''. 

i'm just not enjoying this ME at all. like completely. 

2 hours ago, Svenc said:

Dunno, if this was the first ever release where I  would be close to getting the first sack on any FM ever, rather than exclusively AI, I'd scream, "hooray, finally some football Management Simulation proper" and give SI a pat on the back. :D 

(Generally agree about the feedback issue you hinted at, which is a long-term thing btw). I'd argue it's hugely significant, as on Prior Releases too there's a HUGE difference between never seeing the sack 
Winning and roughly knowing why. This is very relevant in a football simulation, as football tends to be a sports settled in pitifully key seconds in-game or otherwise every single week of play. Despite dozens of attacks every match. The vice versa, naturally, goes for losing. The margins in particular in competitive games (e.g. Teams of the same tiers) may be usually very fine though. Both Winning and losing can both be frustrating in their own way if for a player there's no much perceived cause and effect involved for whichever reason. The Problem naturally is, that a significant part of football is inherently random. Doubly so in individual Matches. And even over the course of a season.... SI may take a look at how real world football analysis tries to determine what's what.

It's not that I want a "win" button. I'm managing Everton so if Man City or Tottenham thrash me I have no complaints. All I want is to be able to make small improvements via transfers and training year-on-year and see my players attributes reflected in the ME. For me thats the fun part, and what keeps me coming back to FM year after year.

This is actually the first time in many years (since maybe FM13 when I was still fairly new to the series) where I've resorted to shameful save-spamming before certain matches. Case in point, I recently had a home match against Huddersfield who are in the relegation zone. Despite having a healthy, fit first team, I cannot win this match. I don't know if it's morale or motivation or consistency or just flat out luck, but I have played this match 4 times and cannot even scrape a draw. They score against me every which way. Corners, weird floaty crosses into the box, long balls over the top, brutally efficient counters after my midfield gives the ball away carelessly. Each time I replay the game I make small tactical tweaks but nothing seems to matter. I know there is no "scripting" but the fact that there's something so magical about this particular match that makes it so I can't keep a clean sheet at home against a relegation side in 4 attempts is just incredibly disheartening.

Edited by jujigatame

Feedback on FM19 after 350 hours of playing:

There really is a lot to like in this iteration, far more so than FM18, which I abandoned after trying every patched version. Dynamics is implemented better, and there are a lot of thoughtful little touches, such as the introduction of spaces between the sectors in Staff Assignments and the option to add column separators in the Squad screen, and the football played in the match can be almost Man City-like in its attractiveness. But the interface still has rough edges, with some tasks being implemented rather clumsily, and annoying graphic glitches occur during the match, destroying any sense of immersion (yes, my Nvidia GTX1070 drivers are up to date). I have also been annoyed by issues that others have raised on this forum.

Just for comparison purposes, I loaded up FM17 last night and started a new game - and it felt like coming home. Despite its age it was a far more enjoyable experience. Navigating between screens is quicker and slicker, the graphics throughout are more subtle and use less garish colours, particularly on the stadiums and the match action. In a nutshell, it looks more polished and it feels like a more professional product. Alternating between 17 and 19, it almost looks like 19's graphics and interface were developed by a different team to 17 (an accusation that could also be levelled at 18, of course). 

To end on a positive note, 19 is an improvement over 18 but it falls short of the joyful experience that 17 still delivers.

OK, that's only really ending on a semi-positive note. Well maybe future patches will improve 19 further, and maybe I will try them and find out, but for now, and the foreseeable future, I am going back to FM17.

I'm finding it very difficult to get into the game. I cannot put my finger on as to why, in all honesty. I think that there is too much to do. The training, all the info (a lot of which seems unnecessary) and just screens filled with writing and lists and data. Granted, I bought it today and am only 4 league games in but it's taken me an eternity! I do enjoy stats and feedback but it's all a bit boring at the minute. 

vor 5 Minuten schrieb dolph11:

I'm finding it very difficult to get into the game. I cannot put my finger on as to why, in all honesty. I think that there is too much to do. The training, all the info (a lot of which seems unnecessary) and just screens filled with writing and lists and data. Granted, I bought it today and am only 4 league games in but it's taken me an eternity! I do enjoy stats and feedback but it's all a bit boring at the minute. 

For the start delegate training and other things like team talk, friendly matches, press conferences and so on to your staff.  staff---> responsibilites.

If you get into the game you can slowly work through the other parts or leave them to the staff.

Just now, KUBI said:

For the start delegate training and other things like team talk, friendly matches, press conferences and so on to your staff.  staff---> responsibilites.

If you get into the game you can slowly work through the other parts or leave them to the staff.

Yes. This is what I did as well. Especially leaving training alone until I was comfortable with everything else. Now that I'm satisfied, I've attempted a little more control of training and I'm slowly getting into that now.

3 hours ago, dalesinwales said:

Feedback on FM19 after 350 hours of playing:

There really is a lot to like in this iteration, far more so than FM18, which I abandoned after trying every patched version. Dynamics is implemented better, and there are a lot of thoughtful little touches, such as the introduction of spaces between the sectors in Staff Assignments and the option to add column separators in the Squad screen, and the football played in the match can be almost Man City-like in its attractiveness. But the interface still has rough edges, with some tasks being implemented rather clumsily, and annoying graphic glitches occur during the match, destroying any sense of immersion (yes, my Nvidia GTX1070 drivers are up to date). I have also been annoyed by issues that others have raised on this forum.

Just for comparison purposes, I loaded up FM17 last night and started a new game - and it felt like coming home. Despite its age it was a far more enjoyable experience. Navigating between screens is quicker and slicker, the graphics throughout are more subtle and use less garish colours, particularly on the stadiums and the match action. In a nutshell, it looks more polished and it feels like a more professional product. Alternating between 17 and 19, it almost looks like 19's graphics and interface were developed by a different team to 17 (an accusation that could also be levelled at 18, of course). 

To end on a positive note, 19 is an improvement over 18 but it falls short of the joyful experience that 17 still delivers.

OK, that's only really ending on a semi-positive note. Well maybe future patches will improve 19 further, and maybe I will try them and find out, but for now, and the foreseeable future, I am going back to FM17.

Absolutely agree with this post, especially on the graphics issue.  I am still playing a FM16 save, but am far more likely to buy FM17 in the future than FM19

6 hours ago, jujigatame said:

It's not that I want a "win" button.

I wasn't trying to suggest such. :) AFAIR you actually had similar Problems in the past iterations already, expressing and falling for myths such that morale/body language/etc was verything. Except that apparently despite all you were never even sacked once. As said, there is a huge difference between winning and knowing why (and vice versa). I'd argue it's one of the game's by far biggest "weaknesses" -- despite football itself being fairly "opaque" too. Some of that could be adressed -- however, arguably not at the level of current feedback and assistants and data/match analysts.

On the purely tactically side, the tactical UI  arguably also isn't up to par. Style Presets are a "start". However, the UI still doesn't ask basic football/team Sports questions, but kinda lets you Micro tweak all over the place until things may or may not fall into place (it also allows for  fairly nonsensicals still, despite the game simulating semi/professional Football Management -- for the AI too). For a Player who never starts out with that Logical question, however basic (how may I increase the likelyhood of scoring / decrease the likelyhood of conceding / balancing both), and rather fiddles at random, that can be a huge issue leading to additional randomness across the shop. 

Edited by Svenc

1 hour ago, Svenc said:

I wasn't trying to suggest such. :) AFAIR you actually had similar Problems in the past iterations already, expressing and falling for myths such that morale/body language/etc was verything. Except that apparently despite all you were never even sacked once. As said, there is a huge difference between winning and knowing why (and vice versa). I'd argue it's one of the game's by far biggest "weaknesses" -- despite football itself being fairly "opaque" too. Some of that could be adressed -- however, arguably not at the level of current feedback and assistants and data/match analysts.

On the purely tactically side, the tactical UI  arguably also isn't up to par. Style Presets are a "start". However, the UI still doesn't ask basic football/team Sports questions, but kinda lets you Micro tweak all over the place until things may or may not fall into place (it also allows for  fairly nonsensicals still, despite the game simulating semi/professional Football Management -- for the AI too). For a Player who never starts out with that Logical question, however basic (how may I increase the likelyhood of scoring / decrease the likelyhood of conceding / balancing both), and rather fiddles at random, that can be a huge issue leading to additional randomness across the shop. 

You're right that a few years ago I was utterly convinced that morale/motivation was the sole deciding factor in success.  I've largely let go of that over the last few years as I've seen some evidence to the contrary, although I still think it is a heavily influencing factor on whether a team over or underachieves in FM.

Perhaps an underlying issue for me (aside from the very specific ME issues I'm having in this FM) is that the game is moving farther and farther towards presuming you have a particular preferred style of football you want, and fine tuning your tactics to achieve it.  But that's never been me.  I just want to stick a bunch of players in positions/roles that they're suited for, with a decent balance of attack/defense, and watch them do their thing.  So now that there's so much more emphasis on tactical fine-tuning and training schedules and so forth, I just feel like the game is passing me by and I have little interest in learning all the nuances that might bring me increased success.  And I feel like whenever I try I just get fooled by randomness.

I'm actually extremely tempted to just switch to "Balanced" mentality and remove all TIs and just go from there, with the most generic tactic ever created.

14 hours ago, Gungner said:

I strongly dislike that no matter the tactic, it's (almost) impossible to score more than twice against a lower rated side, as they will just park the bus with 9 men in defense and not even try to counter attack. 

With so many complaints over attacking play maybe SI should look at defending as well and whether park the bus tactics are too good at what they do independently of the issues with attacking movement. Teams simply cannot and will not break down a deep and narrow defense from open play. I've said this so many times but if you want success as a smaller team in FM19 just forego any notion of playing football and give yourself over to the Sam Allardyce school of tactics. Set pieces completely and utterly dominate FM19, they are the beginning and the end of this ME. The sheer amount of plucky 1-0's from a corner\direct FK that I'm seeing is ludicrous. Sometimes it'll be the side that dominates but can't find a way through other than from a set piece, other times it'll be the underdogs who haven't had a shot on target and score from a set piece to nick the win. Neither are unreasonable or unrealistic scenarios but the frequency in which I see this script repeating itself is something else.

I'm on the public beta and I can't figure out how after multiple patches where they said set pieces have been tuned down they still feel so dominant. Corners seem more balanced but instead DFK's seem more deadly than ever.

I'm not sure if this is buggy or a legit concern being presented a bit oddly. 

I'm playing as Blackburn. Pre-season of Season 3. I sold David Raya in the winter window of season 1. I had grabbed a raw freebie prospect at the start, but he wasn't ready to take over. Due to time and money, I signed an 18 year old Israeli prospect who started and did well. Promoted for season 2. Added a newgen Croatian and a veteran. The Israeli and Croatian started in season 2 and we did well again. I started seeing a few players with concerns about the depth at GK, which I found odd. If they were concerned with the quality I could kinda understand - the two youngsters aren't truly Prem caliber yet but played very well. 

Just before the year three pre-season, I start seeing that players are upset over my treatment of my captain and morale has tanked. I never got any notification but apparently he expressed concern about the depth at GK and I ignored it. A team meeting is called because the squad feels there is a lack of depth. Not GK depth. Not GK quality. Squad depth. So I promise to spend money. I have a 20m bid in for a new RB. 

But apparently in promising to address overall depth, this somehow translated into a promise to buy a new GK. Despite having four in the squad currently. 

The logic here is.... illogical. 

9 hours ago, bar333 said:

With so many complaints over attacking play maybe SI should look at defending as well and whether park the bus tactics are too good

No, finally defending has taken a forward step. 

There are one or two very specific player movement issues already logged and under review that are affecting attacking play. 

Once those are tweaked... I hope, and think, we will have a really nicely balanced platform for a positive fm19 experience. Then next year more improvements. 

Firstly go to give credit where it's due. To all SI FM staff, well done for an amazing game.

I was hesitant on buying FM19 whilst enjoying FM18.  I started to continuously scratch myself daily on what FM19 would be like. Love it and the reason is because I just played chelsea at my home stadium in Greece and managed to draw 3-3.  I was loosing 3-1 and whilst making sure for that week i put my team into hard Def training sessions and playing a slow defensive game I managed to get a result by tweaking some tactics during the game.  Yes it works and the results are great.  My team doesn't cost more than a can of tuna and it just shows if you get your tactics/shouts and training right then money has limited reach to the power of a tactical mind.  And for those wanting to know it's the first season in game, the greek team I am managing is PAOK Salonika with half of their best players sold during the start of the season.

Man don't think i'm gonna sleep tonight.

TY SI for a great version yet again.

1 hour ago, westy8chimp said:

No, finally defending has taken a forward step. 

There are one or two very specific player movement issues already logged and under review that are affecting attacking play. 

Once those are tweaked... I hope, and think, we will have a really nicely balanced platform for a positive fm19 experience. Then next year more improvements. 

Yeah, we shouldn't downgrade defending to fix issues in attack. Otherwise you're lowering quality for the sake of balance. I'd rather it take a little longer to get higher overall quality 

11 hours ago, bar333 said:

With so many complaints over attacking play maybe SI should look at defending as well and whether park the bus tactics are too good at what they do independently of the issues with attacking movement.

I can't agree with this, why should the game be made easier so that defending becomes harder to achieve? You constantly see how good sides struggle against teams that park the bus. That happens in real life, and not all good teams can break these sides down. Yes its hard to get that through pass working to perfection, but when it comes its so gratifying. So far it seems easier to do it when we are hitting teams on the break and much. much more harder when we are camping. If we are camping then the other side is back defending as well, so we need some really good movement to unlock the side. It's a tough line for SI to balance, and I rather they take their time to get it right.

Is it impossible to achieve right now? definitely not. Its hard but central movement by false nines bringing the ball out from deep to unlock sides is definitely doable. Will it be made easier in the future to generate more effective central attacking play. I have no doubt. For now I am going to enjoy how hard it is now, and appreciate the through passes I am generating now. 

>edit: And before someone asks for another example of a through pass, I will just pick one.

54 minutes ago, Rashidi said:

>edit: And before someone asks for another example of a through pass, I will just pick one.

Its encouraging to see this type of goal, I've not managed too many myself except for against teams that open up against me.

Can I ask how you managed to achieve so my space in the attacking third?

1 hour ago, Rashidi said:

I can't agree with this, why should the game be made easier so that defending becomes harder to achieve? You constantly see how good sides struggle against teams that park the bus. That happens in real life, and not all good teams can break these sides down. Yes its hard to get that through pass working to perfection, but when it comes its so gratifying. So far it seems easier to do it when we are hitting teams on the break and much. much more harder when we are camping. If we are camping then the other side is back defending as well, so we need some really good movement to unlock the side. It's a tough line for SI to balance, and I rather they take their time to get it right.

Is it impossible to achieve right now? definitely not. Its hard but central movement by false nines bringing the ball out from deep to unlock sides is definitely doable. Will it be made easier in the future to generate more effective central attacking play. I have no doubt. For now I am going to enjoy how hard it is now, and appreciate the through passes I am generating now. 

This seems like a goal from counter attack. It has been noted many times that scoring from counters is not the issue.

(I need to see patch 19.2 at least going in the right direction (especially for central play and striker movement), really hope feedback from live beta can make a difference here.)

Well I am on ME 1922 and it is still very bad. Ai plays uber defensively which in combination with zero movement and vision from attacking players makes games unbearable. They also toned down accuracy of headers and shooting in general which means......well, you get what I mean. 

Edited by Martin#

13 minutes ago, Martin# said:

(I need to see patch 19.2 at least going in the right direction (especially for central play and striker movement), really hope feedback from live beta can make a difference here.)

Well I am on ME 1922 and it is still very bad. Ai plays uber defensively which in combination with zero movement and vision from attacking players makes games unbearable. They also toned down accuracy of headers and shooting in general which means......well, you get what I mean. 

Well that is encouraging :lol:. Hopefully they have made progress with ME and official patch will be much better than current live beta...

On 09/12/2018 at 23:46, 91427 said:

Anyone else finding it really hard to sell players? I've offered Sanchez, Lukaku, Mata, Thiago, Shaw and more out for £0 and no offers. Sanchez I can understand because of his wages  but the rest seem a bit ridiculous 

Been an issue for a long time. Just one of many areas of the game that requires improvement 

19 minutes ago, Preveza said:

Been an issue for a long time. Just one of many areas of the game that requires improvement 

You've not actually demonstrated that it is an issue. It could be, but we have no idea of context here. What are their current ages, wages, who is likely to be interested, would they even be interested on leaving, can clubs get better value for similar players in those positions, can clubs match what they would want should they have to leave... 

Would need a lot more information before making a judgement either way.