Football Manager 2019 Official Feedback Thread

Biggest downside for this year's FM from your pov ?  

66 members have voted

1. 1. What really annoy you this year while playing FM19 ?

• Players moaning for new contracts too often
    • Gegenpressing tactic too powerful
    • Youngsters determination decreasing despite tutoring
    • IA still stockpiling players at a specific position/low teambuilding
    • Calendar bug ,only 1 day to recover between 2 officials games, especially a the end of the season (Obviously, i'm not talking about the Boxing day)
    • International call-ups issues (players unavailable for Champions League final etc...)

This poll is closed to new votes

On 05/05/2019 at 17:53, MatthewS17 said:

Just out curiosity. Those of you, who've had issues with the ME and such, which version of the ME on FM19, did you prefer. Before the update, after, the official release, or if you have, the beta? And why? 

I only bought the game after the final update

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

26 minutes ago, Earnie is God! said:

On the flipside, I cannot fathom how some people insist that it's not broken and deny some of these problems exist, especially with regards to the ME, when they are occurring virtually EVERY single match for me, and seemingly for others too.
We are asked for proof of it happening by some nay-sayers but it baffles me how they cannot see it for themselves. Are these people not watching their games? Either that or they are just deliberately denying it on here to try and wind people up. I don't see a third reason.

But I will gladly keep posting feedback as I feel that a number of my posts on here have been quite detailed rather than just an "it's broken" whinge.
And, whilst it is true that a number of reports in the bugs forum have not been followed up with sufficient information from the original poster, there are others that have. Unfortunately, there are occasions when these bugs have been acknowledged but not been able to be fixed.

I'll post just one example of each, reported in the bugs forum:
Long Shots. My top scorers are my LW who cuts inside and scores from the edge of the area (19 goals in my 1st season) and my BBM who added another 11, mainly from outside the box.

Issues with Crossing. Either the crosses are just smashed into a defender or are hit so far over that the only player capable of reaching them is the winger on the other side.

Poor defending from corners

No marking from throw-ins. 

Defensive Heading. I think this one annoys me the most. Defenders heading the ball straight back to the opposition when there is nobody near them and no threat.

Defenders just stand there and let the striker run past them. 

Static strikers. Frustrating to see your strikers just standing there, lettign the game pass them by. 

These are major issues which have all been acknowledged but can't be fixed. I manage Cardiff and we have a number of players with a long throw, a viable tactic which has been used irl to great effect (just ask England about Gunnarsson's long throws for Iceland at Euro 2016) but if I use it in FM19 it's too easy as, no matter how I set it up, we always end up with player(s) unmarked. Because this couldn't be fixed, the advice given was not to use a throw-in routine. Fine for most teams but this is an important aspect of how Cardiff play irl yet I can't use it properly.

AndAnother frustrating one is strikers failing to score when one-on-one, instead hitting it straight at the GK, yet give them a chance out wide and they will more than likely beat the GK at his near post from the tightest of angles. There are mentions of this in the bugs forum but none of them with sufficient info or pkms so I won't link to any of them. If I have time, I will instead create my own thread on there about it.

The main problem with the strikers that I find is that they just get ignored. Wingers cross to the winger on the other side, completely bypassing the striker.
I played a game recently where my LW crossed all the way over to my RW who then crossed it all the way back to my LW to score :rolleyes:
I'll have to find it and upload it here, just to show I'm not "self-centred" i.e. apparently lying.

There are more bugs too, some that I have yet to experience myself e.g. GK tackling their own defender which seems to have been reported a number of times.

And there are others what I would call minor issues that can be annoying but not game changing:
Ref sometimes blows the whistle just before a goal goes in. This makes you wonder if it's been disallowed for a foul or offside.
And then not blowing at all when a penalty has been awarded which is quite confusing.
A display issue with too many goals being classed as overhead kicks.
Magic spray not showing for free kicks, and probably more I've yet to come across.

And i can't fathom how most your bring up bugs that has been fixed or the effect has been reduced. In every version of the game you have issues like this. It i not game breaking as you can still play the game and get the result its just not as realistic as we would like it thats what these bugs are. 

I have reported many many issues and many of them has been fixed some of them have been put off till FM2O as there isn't enough time to fix them all again all versions have this issue but your trying to be an ass. 

You lot go on and on and on and complain about everything, every year its the same crap and same things sprouted. Its damn annoying and none of it is constructive, you lot like to beat a dead horse sometimes i wish SI would cease communication completely with you lot for all your good for is complaining about the bad but never acknowledge the good, yes this ME can be better some of the complaints aren't even all that serious but its the same for every version of the game, its the same or all yearly releases FIFA still has bugs from FIFA 07 in it and they have a bigger team and bigger budget to work with it. 

Excuse me? "you lot"? And I'm not trying to be an ass at all. You'd be better off not calling people names.
And these bugs have not been fixed; if they had, I wouldn't have mentioned them. One or two may have been reduced a little perhaps but still not fixed.
And no, I don't complain about this game every year. This is the only year I have raised all these issues.
So please, get your facts right before throwing me into the "you lot" complainer crowd.

I will gladly contribute to all those threads I linked in the bugs forum, not to show people like you that these bugs have not been fixed, but because it will hopefully help for future versions of the game.

Yeah, to be fair, there's no issue with a post like that @Earnie is God! and @Amarante. Sometimes these issues are frustrating, particularly when they either a) haven't been fixed or b) did receive tweaks but not to your satisfaction. 

Feedback (on FM19 ;)) is important here and the bigger issues or bugs, particularly if you have examples, should be reported in the bugs forum or added to existing threads. The more examples SI have, the better.

The issue with posts in here or in general, is where they offer nothing like a simple "game is garbage". That doesn't help anyone, SI included, it doesn't generate discussion etc. It isn't constructive in any way. That's not to say you can't criticise something - of course you can. Just be civil about it and offer your feedback on it in a constructive way. When it starts getting destructive, everyone gets defensive, fights starts and discussion degenerates.

-----------

If there are issues with a post though, like insulting users or the like, I would really suggest reporting it instead of directly confronting the user. We can the review the situation.

So, given SI aren't fixing things anytime soon, I have a question. 

I've got 2 versions of FM on two laptops. One is 19.1,which I found to still be playable and at least a little enjoyable. The second is the new 19.3,which I can't stand with all the blocked crosses and over hit crosses, and over the top long shot goals every five damn minutes. 

So, my question is, given it's still FM19, is there a way to use the updated database with the 19.1 version, without the other tweaks to the game? 

OK, I've provided details of the (to me) most frustrating part of the ME, poor defensive heading.
Link to that is here should anyone want to read it:

Or watch this video of 5 such instances in my last match played, plus a LW►RW►LW►RW, ping-pong, smash it in from 25yds type of goal that we have all become accustomed to seeing this year.

I'm a new, yet old, player.  I played Championship Manager in the early years, but stopped with 03/04.  I loaded it up a couple of years back and played some long career saves, but decided to have a crack at FM this year.  It's actually been an interesting experience - seeing what's new and what's the same after a 16 year gap!  I thought I would take the opportunity to give SI what is hopefully helpful and constructive feedback.

I would say as essentially a new player, the learning curve is high.  I wouldn't call the user interface user friendly or obvious (I had to google where the quick search was - that top bar wasn't obvious!) in some places - yet something like the training calendar is super-easy.

I see a lot of people talking about the ME being broken.  I'm playing on a fairly basic PC without a top graphics card, and I would say it's the graphical representation more than the ME.  I would imagine SI could improve it - but then you would need a top-end PC to play the game and they would probably sell a lot loss copies.  For example, I find a lot of tackles look like obvious fouls and aren't given as such - and penalties for holding or whatever, look like nothing - and it's just the graphics aren't sharp enough to display it.  The crosses issue is there, but you can beat it - it's a case of beating the ME as well as the other team - and that's probably always going to be the case with a game.  The long shots conceded means I tend to play with a DM(D) or Anchor Man - sorted.  I play with 1 up top and find getting that guy involved is tough, particularly for me as someone who sets up more not to concede than going attacking and flooding forward - but then a real life system like mine would probably have the same issue, so I'll keep trying different roles up top and around him - the key is to keep trying and not to just blame a ME - again, you are playing against a ME as much as another team/tactics.  I have found one little change can suddenly make a tactic miles better and paying attention to the game is crucial - where's the space and what roles can exploit it?  Last night, I won an away game 2-0 - after 15 minutes, I saw a little pocket of space in the midfield to the left of centre - I told my DLP to stay wider and he bossed the game.  When I started playing, I was getting through the games too quickly and 100% would have missed something like that.  Have to say, that 2-0 win felt good last night!

For me, the tactical element of the game is very involved.  Now, I've actually really enjoyed trying to understand all the different roles and how they impact the game.  I'm still reading, learning and experimenting - but I will say if you want to get through a season very quickly, then I don't know that this game is for you.  As someone who came from the far more basic CM03/04 tactical engine, I would have liked maybe a difficulty level on the game - and an "easy" where the Asst Manager actually gave helpful hints.  I got pre-match tactical advise in my very first season to play with a defensive mentality and was so deep, crossing the half way line was a big deal, let alone scoring - the Asst Manager's advice really hurt me.  I started out in the way I played with CM03/04, a very small team (an amateur D2 Danish team, Dalum) - but I should have probably tried something easier to get to grips with the game.  I'm now in a new save with a Conference team (Barnet) and actually 2nd in the league.  That satisfaction of a little success is what CM/FM is all about for me - not downloading a tactic and winning every game, and complaining when you don't (perhaps Messi is blaming the ME for Tuesday night?  These results happen in football!).  Yes, the game has frustrations - but on the whole I'm enjoying the challenge and the highs/lows of management!

The main negative of the game for me is the communication with players when they are unhappy.  It feels a bit like a lottery and you generally can't win, particularly if you don't pander to the player.  If you don't play it right, it does seem it can de-rail a season/save.  When I first loaded the game, I was thinking this would be good.  In CM03/04 one of my main annoyances was players coming back from a long term injury would be unhappy about not playing long before they got back to close to 100% fitness (and I'm a manager who always waits until they are at least 95%).  When I had that situation in FM19, I thought the response would be there for me "you've just come back from a bad injury, I'll give you a couple of U23 games and then get you back in the first team", to which I would expect "OK, boss, sounds sensible", but I just got an unhappy player who took half of the squad with him.  With players demanding to leave, you often get players unhappy you didn't sell someone - but if you let them go, the same players will be unhappy you sold him - so that needs to be cleaned up as it feels like a no win.  I would expect players to be pragmatic about selling players even at bigger clubs - I mean did Liverpool players throw their toys out of the pram when Coutinho was sold to Barca?  Morale is still as key to the game as in CM03/04, and as such an important factor, I'd like to see that cleaned up in the next patch.  Certainly, once you have a group of unhappy players, it seems very difficult to pull them back - and actually in trying to fix it with a team meeting, if you pick the wrong option you'll make it worse, even when that option seems perfectly sensible.

There are a number of great things though - it's miles easier to hire staff even when at very small clubs (try hiring a physio for Dalum in CM03/04!); the way the new youth development intake comes in is cool; the various staff roles available are great - I'm watching the budget with Barnet, but hopefully I can have a little success and use more of them in future; I really like the way your staff report on a player's strengths and weaknesses, miles better than CM03/04 saying "they are a good squad player"; really like the team reports you can ask scouts to get, which open up more loan signings than through scouting - it could be made more obvious perhaps, but once I read about the feature, it's been great; contracts are more realistic - lower league ones tend to be 1 or 2 years, which is spot on; the amount of info out there about the game is immense - I even stumbled on an FM podcast!

On the whole though, it's been fun.  I always love to manage at the lower levels, so I've probably gone backwards in terms of learning the game - but I feel like I'm starting to work it out (watch me lose the next 10 games and get sacked!!).  So, 9 out of 10 for me, although the wife might disagree as I'm too busy thinking about my tactic instead of listening to her!!

@duesouth Welcome to the forum :).

2 minutes ago, duesouth said:

I would say as essentially a new player, the learning curve is high

I tend to agree with this.  How have you found the new "inductions" in FM19?  Did that improve things?  Still room for improvement?

4 minutes ago, duesouth said:

I see a lot of people talking about the ME being broken.  I'm playing on a fairly basic PC without a top graphics card, and I would say it's the graphical representation more than the ME.

There are issues with the ME which can be improved upon and some people do say the ME is broken which, personally, I don't agree with.  The graphics engine (which is different to the ME) could also be improved but you make a very good point - many of us play don't play on high end PCs which is something that SI are very aware of when making the game.

6 minutes ago, duesouth said:

The main negative of the game for me is the communication with players when they are unhappy.

It does feel like a bit of a lottery and I try to avoid talking to my players as much as possible :p.

Good feedback though and interesting to see how you deal with lower league stuff.

1 hour ago, Earnie is God! said:

OK, I've provided details of the (to me) most frustrating part of the ME, poor defensive heading.

Good job and exactly what SI need to investigate things further :thup:.

13 minutes ago, herne79 said:

@duesouth Welcome to the forum :).

I tend to agree with this.  How have you found the new "inductions" in FM19?  Did that improve things?  Still room for improvement?

Thanks!  I did use the inductions.  Early on when I was completely new, I was like a young wide-eyed 16 year old making his debut away to Man U in front of 70,000+ - it was a new world.  I thought the tactics induction was pretty good, but if I think back, I had conflicting team instructions and it would have been good to have that pointed out/flagged - just rookie errors.  With the defensive mentality, it seemed logical away from home against better teams, but I couldn't work out why I couldn't get any possession in meaningful areas.  When I read about trying Balanced and tried it, I started to win games - so the Asst Manager was actually working against me, and as a new player I trusted his advice.

I would say the induction is quite high level - I would have never found the team reports to open up more loan signings on my own and it meant in my first season at Dalum I couldn't get any loans in as through scouting they all wanted a fee.  In my current save with Barnet, I use that for 2/3 divs above and have got in the DLP who bossed the game last night for me, a 4* guy in the National League, and he's making a difference!

The number one thing I would tell any completely new player, is don't rush through games - so perhaps a little tutorial around the analysis section during your first game or two, to help you see what to look for.  As I said, I've enjoyed learning and I'm not someone who would quit, I keep going even if it kills me, but I could see some new players giving up.  I mean for me, being 2nd in the table right now is very cool - kinda feel like that 16 year old just scored on his debut at Old Trafford - and that's always what this game has been about for me, not being super-easy and winning the Prem by 20 points!

58 minutes ago, duesouth said:

Thanks!  I did use the inductions.  Early on when I was completely new, I was like a young wide-eyed 16 year old making his debut away to Man U in front of 70,000+ - it was a new world.  I thought the tactics induction was pretty good, but if I think back, I had conflicting team instructions and it would have been good to have that pointed out/flagged - just rookie errors.  With the defensive mentality, it seemed logical away from home against better teams, but I couldn't work out why I couldn't get any possession in meaningful areas.  When I read about trying Balanced and tried it, I started to win games - so the Asst Manager was actually working against me, and as a new player I trusted his advice.

I would say the induction is quite high level - I would have never found the team reports to open up more loan signings on my own and it meant in my first season at Dalum I couldn't get any loans in as through scouting they all wanted a fee.  In my current save with Barnet, I use that for 2/3 divs above and have got in the DLP who bossed the game last night for me, a 4* guy in the National League, and he's making a difference!

The number one thing I would tell any completely new player, is don't rush through games - so perhaps a little tutorial around the analysis section during your first game or two, to help you see what to look for.  As I said, I've enjoyed learning and I'm not someone who would quit, I keep going even if it kills me, but I could see some new players giving up.  I mean for me, being 2nd in the table right now is very cool - kinda feel like that 16 year old just scored on his debut at Old Trafford - and that's always what this game has been about for me, not being super-easy and winning the Prem by 20 points!

Both this and your first ever post above - really good feedback :thup:@Neil Brock

You touch on tactics here too so you could always check out the Tactics and Training forum.  There are lots of guides linked in the "Please Read" thread pinned at the top of that forum and you can always open a new thread if you have questions.

4 hours ago, Earnie is God! said:

Or watch this video of 5 such instances in my last match played, plus a LW►RW►LW►RW, ping-pong, smash it in from 25yds type of goal that we have all become accustomed to seeing this year.

Yes good post. I've been noticing this a fair amount recently. Defenders with plenty of time to take the ball down and pass with their feet just head it aimlessly to the opposition. It does get rather frustrating.

4 hours ago, Earnie is God! said:

Just like to point out another key area that I think needs improving is shown in the vid at 0:42-0:46. The DM runs with the ball which is fine but the left CM should technically be further up as no one is marking him or at least try to run further up as he basically just stands there and lets the DM past him. I would also say at 0:44 shows how central play in this FM is weak. His RCM is his position however a simple move to the right would open space for the other literally right next to him to go central and open space for options. (The pic will be mehh but its the best paint can offer). Now it may depend on how good the team and individuals are but I think this is fairly simple and any professional would make IRL. 

egavz.thumb.png.0dd9b42c6780a2818d1137d78b1fea55.png

4 hours ago, duesouth said:

When I started playing, I was getting through the games too quickly and 100% would have missed something like that. 

I think this highlights how important FM experience is. I gotta say I've done it since I've started FM and the issues that I think are there has made me delve deeper. I usually just watched key highlights and walked away with a win or lose but now since I got back into the game I switched it into 2d more and watched a few full matches and then went to comprehensive/extended highlights (can't remember which one it is, closest to full match) and you can see the ins and outs of what you couldn't see during key highlights. Found it alot easier to see what needs to be done and within a few clicks you can see the changes you make to try and better the situation. 

I'm glad you found this quite early on it'll certainly help you and enjoy the game alot more or at least immerse your management experience :thup: 

Making FM understandable to the new players is very hard. The hardcore playerbase like us on this forum will complain if its too dumbed down and even FM touch is pretty hard. A lot of things are up for interpretation and you have no idea how certain stuff works. Official manual and stuff still isnt enough. You play FIFA, its obvious from the start. You play FM and even after reading a lot of stuff its still confusing/unknown. I think adding more information for players to read would be a start. You shouldnt be diving deep into forums reading post after post in order to understand the game. Especially people not speaking English just have to suck it up, hope their translated game is enough and try things themselves. Might take them way too long before they figure some "basics" out. Would be nice if FM was easy to learn, but hard to master. Now it seems to be hard to learn and hard to master. So I agree with the guy above saying this. 

Edited by Double0Seven

19 minutes ago, Armistice said:

Anyone wants to explain it to me why this goal is considered an offside?

Apparently it's because of Gameiro.

Goes too fast to see it properly but I assume he's judged to be interfering with play as he's in the keepers eyeline.

51 minutes ago, Tiger666 said:

Goes too fast to see it properly but I assume he's judged to be interfering with play as he's in the keepers eyeline.

Yeah I was thinking about that but Gameiro is actually behind a CB so if anything the keeper would have his view obstructred by his own team-mate anyway.

2 hours ago, Armistice said:

Gameiro is actually behind a CB so if anything the keeper would have his view obstructred by his own team-mate anyway

Don't think that actually matters - he's offside and interfering. Seems pretty clear to me.

On 29/04/2019 at 18:52, HUNT3R said:

He isn't complaining though. You're getting  notification that he might be soon. How many did he start out of the last 5 and what is his squad status?

re: players unhappy about lack of playing time.
Yes, it's just a notification but, unfortunately, "soon" is just 4 days later so it serves little purpose unless you are lucky enough with the timing to have a game in the meantime.

20190511054516_1.thumb.jpg.dad76078000d456852f9006855639826.jpg20190511054525_1.thumb.jpg.7373eda1af3d608a47445ed0de20ed83.jpg

Even then, if that one game doesn't bump up his games played enough, again it's pretty pointless. If it was lengthened to, say, a 2-week prior warning that would be much better and something you could actually work with. As it stands, players complain far too quickly in FM19.
In this instance, we were on an international break so I knew we were screwed. Gunnarsson is vice captain so if I don't appease him, there'll be hell to pay I'm sure.
Although, having said that, I may just call his bluff and agree to let him leave seeing as that's what he's threatening to do.

Edited by Earnie is God!

Managing midtable Cardiff away to 2nd place Arsenal. 5-0 down at HT and my AssMan recommends this as my HT teamtalk...

20190511050046_1.thumb.jpg.0fcda4870bd01c1911217640b341a6d1.jpg

Now I appreciate that Arsenal are clear favourites but nobody is going to tell their team they did well and their efforts were excellent when you are gettign thumped 5-0!
I ignored his advice and ripped into my players instead. We then went 6-0 down when Wilfallover Zaha curled one into the top corner from 25yds just after the restart but we actually won the 2nd half 2-1. Still, losing 6-2 is nothing to be proud of but again my AssMan recommended the same 'excellent' teamtalk at FT.

20190511050940_1.thumb.jpg.42aedfb3c00a0d3ddb48dd8ab961f97d.jpg

And it's not as if my AssMan is useless or doesn't know the players Klug.thumb.jpg.e3ce71a1c2fe53c2e3c0e1cbe0197b70.jpg

That kind of teamtalk you might give to your U11 side, not a bunch of grown men.
There needs to be some better choices really.

It wouldn't matter, the assman and other staff members that offer advice are quite useless in most cases IMO. I only use them for coaching really. Only exceptions are medical and HoYD. DOF has been wildly out of concept tbh in most FM's but as a Manager that takes all the responsibility I can't really complain much about them.  

14 hours ago, KlaaZ said:

What's his motivating attribute?

I knew someone would ask something like this, just after I closed down the game :)
Here are his stats in my save (I presume the same or very similar in others) :

20190511215044_1.thumb.jpg.3e7b0062949870826de15d832c9cd5d8.jpg

Overall pretty good but low on discipline which may explain it a little but I can't envisage anyone thinking that teamtalk was a good idea, regardless of their attributes, knowledge or anything really.

8 hours ago, BigV said:

It wouldn't matter, the assman and other staff members that offer advice are quite useless in most cases IMO. I only use them for coaching really. Only exceptions are medical and HoYD. DOF has been wildly out of concept tbh in most FM's but as a Manager that takes all the responsibility I can't really complain much about them.  

I never allow my AssMan to automatically give the teamtalks although I do often just click on 'hand over to assistant' if it's a reasonable choice. The problem is that sometimes it  clearly isn't. My DoF I allow to make bids on players but I always have the final say. Most of the time he bids on players we don't want or need and I just cancel the potential transfer but occasionally he does find a bargain or a great addition that I hadn't spotted myself, so that's why I don't take everything out of his hands (or even go without one at all).

On 06/05/2019 at 16:19, s1111 said:

I just went through a two week international break where I played my last game on the Sunday and next on the Saturday. To get from one match to the other took me 20 minutes of staring blankly at my screen doing absolutely nothing else and 41 (!!!!!!!) clicks of the continue button. I didn't do anything meaningful at all, unless you count a press conference and a tactical briefing as meaningful. You are killing the game with this absolute nonsense that I have to click through constantly. Endless emails, pointless stoppages to look at the social media feed, people seriously do not have time for this. You are going to lose a lot of players unless you sort things out for FM20. The flow of the game is totally broken right now.

And I even have the option ticked to have longer processing breaks with fewer stoppages. God knows what would happen if I didn't.

It's been like this for ages, unfortunately. But it's now getting worse. You can alter it slightly by changing stuff in staff responsibilities, something like this:

20190511235814_1.thumb.jpg.f9f187575b5bd035eee1ba62a68c4642.jpg

Of course by lengthening the gap between reports, there's the danger you might miss that one in twenty that are important.
But turning off contextual advice should help as you shouldn't then be bombarded quite so much.

The more frustrating one imo is the constant pauses at the weekend (or whenever you usually play matches). Here is a typical matchday:

First, a preview that I really don't care about...click

20190511233936_1.thumb.jpg.d5e63373aa3466e619ec734645952a6a.jpg

Then a pause because that first, early match has been played... click

20190511234008_1.thumb.jpg.420aa61b79c300d7794ab27688d9a34c.jpg

As you might have seen, I have 2 new messages but these prove to be unimportant... click

20190511234102_1.thumb.jpg.c0530add40d9103a4ced1dc8dce8029b.jpg

Another pause after the 3pm games are over... click

20190511234037_1.thumb.jpg.1583cc0858e41e97b98439707f66077f.jpg

And yet another message... click

20190511234118_1.thumb.jpg.566c11c9d3f8006393261abd73521ea6.jpg

Back for the final league game of the day... click

20190511234126_1.thumb.jpg.36e56f6014014410d39d03e75ccc6116.jpg

And then of course a round-up of the day which, again, I rarely read and don't particularly care about... click

20190511234139_1.thumb.jpg.288d80c86653f256c7793f757db59ac8.jpg

That's 7 different occasions that I could have done with saving a bit of time.
Now I am sure there are people who want these previews and round-ups and that's fine but you don't get a choice, you have to have them.
As you can see, we weren't even playing that day but it makes no difference, you get all of that guff whether you like it or not.
I have chosen to 'unfollow' all of these different competitions but that doesn't work either. I still get them all, every single time.
As long as there are at least two games going on that day, you get the same crap and you have no say in it whatsoever.

The only way around it is to go on holiday each game day but of course you would then miss your own match too should you be playing.
Is that really the only answer? I'd like to see an option to stop getting at least all the previews, and the round-ups would be good to have as optional too.
As a bare minimum, stop pausing after each different kick off time, just go through them all. Please!

Scouting: I've just been recommended the same player 3 times by my same scout in 5 days.

Day 1 in the Big Scout Brother house and a new contestant has entered the building...

20190512030836_1.thumb.jpg.77d06c7979b6094773a6794ef01daffa.jpg

Day 3 in the Big Scout Brother house and he's still Top Dog...

20190512030847_1.thumb.jpg.cbd15834bc63fbb094519ffb6b6edac6.jpg

Day 5 in the Big Scout Brother House and, just like its namesake, this is getting a bit tedious...

20190512030850_1.thumb.jpg.e314f2e2bbef819522e8bb6d4c761cc8.jpg

My settings:

20190512031127_1.thumb.jpg.4c081d19bd1a11db09ee8f825bb9ecb5.jpg

Yes, I could have acknowledged it and perhaps that would have stopped it but it shouldn't really be like that in the first place, should it?

1 hour ago, Earnie is God! said:

Scouting: I've just been recommended the same player 3 times by my same scout in 5 days.

Day 1 in the Big Scout Brother house and a new contestant has entered the building...

20190512030836_1.thumb.jpg.77d06c7979b6094773a6794ef01daffa.jpg

Day 3 in the Big Scout Brother house and he's still Top Dog...

20190512030847_1.thumb.jpg.cbd15834bc63fbb094519ffb6b6edac6.jpg

Day 5 in the Big Scout Brother House and, just like its namesake, this is getting a bit tedious...

20190512030850_1.thumb.jpg.e314f2e2bbef819522e8bb6d4c761cc8.jpg

My settings:

20190512031127_1.thumb.jpg.4c081d19bd1a11db09ee8f825bb9ecb5.jpg

Yes, I could have acknowledged it and perhaps that would have stopped it but it shouldn't really be like that in the first place, should it?

Theres 21 reports there when you acknowledge it another 1 comes up.

В 11.05.2019 в 9:33 AM, Earnie is God! сказал:

Managing midtable Cardiff away to 2nd place Arsenal. 5-0 down at HT and my AssMan recommends this as my HT teamtalk...

What about coefficients before game? I guess AssMan just have a trigger to say something based on equation where X and Y = predictions and score.

If its true, I'm not sure that determination, discipline or motivation have any influence there

Edited by Novem9

On 01/05/2019 at 15:22, Double0Seven said:

I play many other games. Feedback from the game developer is already something. Ever played csgo? Just today this happend.

1. Valve acknowledge a broken exploit that caused players to obtain game breaking bugs and lower their game score (used for matchmaking).  

2. They fix this exploit and break another game mechanic. 

3. They fix this game mechanic and break yet another game mechanic.

Valve have a beta server for csgo, but barely use it and they barely ever communicate anything to players. They will push a game changing update in the middle of the biggest csgo prizepool tournament, without rollback, forcing the update and not say a single thing. 

People seriously dont understand how good SI are in comparison to other game makers. Imagine SI breaking a ME part today in an update and just not caring. Thats what happened in csgo today. It will be fixed eventually, but it seems like Valve dont test anything.  

As for fixing bugs, as a programmer, I can tell you its not always as easy as you think it is. You can spend a whole week with a team fixing a certain problem, only for new problems to come up and problems only happening on certain setups. FM most likely has million lines of code and a lot of mechanics that interact with each other. This is not something you easily check, fix, test and push out. 

You know what Valve do, though?  They don't ever just stop fixing things.  When a patch is released with problems, it gets hotfixed.  When the Dota team, for example, release a big balance patch, it's not uncommon for it to get three or four tweaks in as many days.  New hero or feature patches will have a similar number of hotfixes that day.  A lot of us would be more forgiving of these problems if there was any chance they'd be fixed in the current version.  But the patching cycle is just about set in stone, so stuff that's been in the game since beta is going to stay there and if we're very very lucky it'll be fixed in 2020. 

This isn't just an SI thing - it's a trend across PC gaming.  Look at the reception to Imperator: Rome from Paradox.  People don't like paying full price for games that feel unfinishedValve's two big titles, at least, are free-to-play.

1 час назад, Sunstrikuuu сказал:

A lot of us would be more forgiving of these problems if there was any chance they'd be fixed in the current version

:applause:Good point about users discontent

That's the nature of the game though. You can't realistically expect SI to keep working on previous FM iterations whilst having to bring out a new game each year. That's just not feasible. 

And to be fair, everyone knows how the cycle works. If you can't live with it, you're free to not buy the game. 

12 минут назад, KlaaZ сказал:

And to be fair, everyone knows how the cycle works. If you can't live with it, you're free to not buy the game. 

I guess its another side of distructive comments which moderators talking about. But I respect time of people who read this thread and will not repeat all arguments of this discussion again

15 minutes ago, KlaaZ said:

That's the nature of the game though. You can't realistically expect SI to keep working on previous FM iterations whilst having to bring out a new game each year. That's just not feasible. 

There are annoying and obvious bugs such as this first reported in March, just 5 months after release that (it appears) are not going to get fixed. I don't think it's expecting too much for a bug to get fixed just 5 months after release.

Edited by Tiger666

1 minute ago, Tiger666 said:

There are annoying and obvious bugs such as this first reported in March, just 5 months after release that (it appears) are not going to get fixed. I don't it's expecting too much for a bug to get fixed just 5 months after release.

I know there are bugs. Have you read my post though? The cycle has been the same for the last fifteen years. People should know by now what to expect. If you can't live with it, don't buy the game. It's fairly simple, no? From now on, if it does get fixed, it will be fixed in the next version of the game. 

• Administrators
3 minutes ago, Tiger666 said:

There are annoying and obvious bugs such as this first reported in March, just 5 months after release that (it appears) are not going to get fixed. I don't think it's expecting too much for a bug to get fixed just 5 months after release.

Except you're looking on the outside, and don't know what it's like, the processes involved in fixing an issue. As mentioned many times, often a fix for one thing can cause knock-ons elsewhere. There are plenty of patches for FM, many have come out since the game's release so SI are doing more than they have before, especially with the public beta. 

I don't think it's expecting much to understand that, and if you don't, do something else with your time.

Here's the thing though.  We all understand it.  Understanding it is why we don't like it.  I'm sure there are plenty of knock-on effects and thises and thats, but it is not unreasonable to expect bugs reported during the pre-launch beta to be fixed sometime before the game is abandoned.

• Administrators
5 hours ago, Sunstrikuuu said:

Here's the thing though.  We all understand it.  Understanding it is why we don't like it.  I'm sure there are plenty of knock-on effects and thises and thats, but it is not unreasonable to expect bugs reported during the pre-launch beta to be fixed sometime before the game is abandoned.

Depends what you are talking about, really. Bugs that prevent the game being critically playable, absolutely, and those are fixed as a priority by the team.

But then you've posted about 2 issues since the pre-release beta and complained elsewhere. It's not that unreasonable to expect bugs you want fixed, to be reported yourself. 

The day the game is abandoned the day there is no more FM. It's in constant development. SI are fixing the game more than ever and have a public beta for people to opt into now. You might not like a certain bug that bothers you isn't fixed, but you can't complain if you don't bother to report it.

4 часа назад, Lucas сказал:

but you can't complain if you don't bother to report it.

Why not? Customer buys a product and expects it to be debugged (Damn every FM price like AAA games). Really confused about your statement because its paid work for relevant department of the company, we are volunteers, but we are not obliged to report about bugs :eek:

Anyway, I reported about tens issues (its literally few tens of useful reports) for last 2 years and saw only a small percentage of reports of other users-costumers which were very useful...

Well, I'm reserving judgment about all this, but 

4 часа назад, Lucas сказал:

It's not that unreasonable to expect bugs you want fixed, to be reported yourself. 

A lot of bugs which users report to SI are not unique rare failures (I can share proofs in direct) Actually for detecte them you need just to open game and check game mechanics (and I'm not talking about the most difficult of them - ME)

And I need to reread Terms of use, because your message looks like all responsibility for bugs moves to users. If @Sunstrikuuu or anyone else have no time and wish to spent a time to share full investigate its ok isn't?

***for hotheads - I am discussing a current statement about bugs and reactions of users only, do not blame me for not respecting anyone, because it will be a lie.

Edited by Novem9

I'm sorry but I have tried and tried to enjoy this game but the game play and ME is absolutely horrendous, what the hell did you do to take the very decent Beta version and turn it into this abomination.

We have players with high vision, passing and game intelligence all totally incapable of making a through pas on the edge of the box, instead they just kick it against the nearest defender, the same goes for wide players, all with very good CA's total inept at either running past a defender of crossing without being able to get it past the defender.

Goals come from either 30 yd bullet shots, long crosses from the by line to the back post for the IF to blast in, or after multiple blocked shots within the box and after the usual game of pinball as it hits multiple players legs, the ball finally goes in.

Also a blocked shot in the box will somehow gain such energy from the legs of the defenders that is goes out for a throw in near the half way line.

We have the throw in and corner glitch where there is no opposition player within 20yds of the ball.

Then there's the defenders heading the ball to anywhere when there's no one near them, instead of just controlling the ball.

Add into the mix players just standing transfixed for 3 seconds while the opposition just takes the ball away from them.

Strikers unable to score 1on1's but score a 20yd volley.

No matter if you have work ball into the box players will still shoot from every angle outside the box, with every shot as per usual being blocked.

Yes you can win games but my word watching the game like this is very hard indeed, it's like no real football I've ever seen, no pretty passing or cutting teams apart, just keep on battering them with shots until you get a 30yd worldy or the wingback finally gets a cross in to the far post for the IF to score.

Get this game sorted or you'll find thousands of regular players will refuse to buy the next version of this franchise, I've been playing for many a year and this is the 1st time I've even considered not buying the next version.

10 hours ago, Sunstrikuuu said:

Exactly, SI have basically said they know the ME is knackered but are going to wait until FM20 to fix them, in other words screw the FM19 players you lot carry on playing a game with a garbage ME.

Some users just don't get it. Football Manager is such a complex game that it is regrettable but inevitable that some bugs identified during the beta process will still be present when development has moved on to the next title.

Expecting all bugs to be fixed is not only self-entitlement at its very worst, but it shows no respect to the hard-working programmers at Sports Interactive. Is it any wonder that very few SI employees browse General Discussion when THIS is what they have to put up with?

I get people might be frustrated with some things, but coming on here and telling people they need to work harder and their work is garbage isn't going to fly. We've spoken far too much about the need for common decency and it's not being taken on board so expect infractions to be handed out now without further warning. 

46 minutes ago, Novem9 said:

Why not? Customer buys a product and expects it to be debugged (Damn every FM price like AAA games). Really confused about your statement because its paid work for relevant department of the company, we are volunteers, but we are not obliged to report about bugs :eek:

Of course you're not.  But if you don't report it, you can't really then complain that it isn't getting fixed.  SI don't just want examples and decent reports, they need them.  Otherwise, what do they have to go on?  How are they supposed to go about fixing it?  If your phone breaks, would you expect someone to even be able to tell you what's wrong just by you describing it and not having the broken unit itself?  If so, then you're wrong.

46 minutes ago, Novem9 said:

A lot of bugs which users report to SI are not unique rare failures (I can share proofs in direct) Actually for detecte them you need just to open game and check game mechanics (and I'm not talking about the most difficult of them - ME)

And I need to reread Terms of use, because your message looks like all responsibility for bugs moves to users. If @Sunstrikuuu or anyone else have no time and wish to spent a time to share full investigate its ok isn't?

This is showing a massive misunderstanding of what it actually takes to test, fix and then release code.  The "oh you just need to turn on the game" stuff I imagine will be the most maddening comment someone can make to a dev.  While in some cases it might be true, it's not really helpful.  Any fix they then produce might not fit your particular case.  And then I suppose it'll be their fault when it doesn't :rolleyes:

Don't let your complete ignorance of what they're actually doing cloud the issue.  You want to have a better game, you can actually help do that.  Or you could haughtily throw up your hands and say it isn't your job.  

And just to add, holding my hands up, I haven't been known to raise bugs.  I've done a few, as they were completely stopping me from playing a few editions ago, but aside from that, I really don't want to spend my leisure time doing something I'll be doing a lot of in my work time.  But I'm fine with taking that stance because I'm not going to go out and complain about something I've made no attempt to fix.  That would be incredibly hypocritical.

32 minutes ago, CFuller said:

Some users just don't get it. Football Manager is such a complex game that it is regrettable but inevitable that some bugs identified during the beta process will still be present when development has moved on to the next title.

Expecting all bugs to be fixed is not only self-entitlement at its very worst, but it shows no respect to the hard-working programmers at Sports Interactive. Is it any wonder that very few SI employees browse General Discussion when THIS is what they have to put up with?

It's the main reason they don't anymore.  Apparently they used to be quite involved, but aren't now for obvious reasons.  Why would you?  Why would you put yourself in a situation to be bellowed at by someone who is showing clear ignorance as to your occupation?  

Edited by forameuss

25 минут назад, forameuss сказал:

Of course you're not.  But if you don't report it, you can't really then complain that it isn't getting fixed.  SI don't just want examples and decent reports, they need them.  Otherwise, what do they have to go on?  How are they supposed to go about fixing it?  If your phone breaks, would you expect someone to even be able to tell you what's wrong just by you describing it and not having the broken unit itself?  If so, then you're wrong.

1 час назад, Novem9 сказал:

As few times before your examples this one about phone have no meaning, just useless sophistry for attempt to be persuasive. Hardware issue in other area, software issues you can hardly compare too.

This is showing a massive misunderstanding of what it actually takes to test, fix and then release code.  The "oh you just need to turn on the game" stuff I imagine will be the most maddening comment someone can make to a dev.  While in some cases it might be true, it's not really helpful.  Any fix they then produce might not fit your particular case.  And then I suppose it'll be their fault when it doesn't :rolleyes:

If you read my message I said exactly about general issues which have ALL users. I dont share them there like examples because its incorrect for responsable persons, but I mentioned these issues (without 'proofs') because discussion touched them.

Don't let your complete ignorance of what they're actually doing cloud the issue

:applause:So simple to be a rude when you by moderators side isn't?

Edited by Novem9

• Administrators
2 hours ago, Novem9 said:

What are you talking about? :D 

I'm trying to explain how you can actually help yourself in these situations, instead of complaining in a feedback thread rather than providing bug reports in the bugs forum.

If you take the time to report the issue than you can ensure the issue is raised with the team. The more people that raise an issue, the more urgently it gets fixed. 

Pretty much how it works. They are not mind readers, they are not going to know you want something fixed unless you tell them in the proper place.

You reserve the right to not bother to report issues but if you're just going to spend that time complaining in vague terms then you're just wasting your own time and not actually helping get what you want in the long run.

3 hours ago, Novem9 said:

As few times before your examples this one about phone have no meaning, just useless sophistry for attempt to be persuasive. Hardware issue in other area, software issues you can hardly compare too.

Except you absolutely can.  You're saying something's wrong with something, and in that case it's obvious that the party fixing it would be better served being in possession of the thing that's actually breaking.

Can you really not see that it would be quite useful for SI to have a specific, reproducible case with which to investigate with?