Football Manager 2019 Official Feedback Thread

Biggest downside for this year's FM from your pov ?  

66 members have voted

1. 1. What really annoy you this year while playing FM19 ?

• Players moaning for new contracts too often
    • Gegenpressing tactic too powerful
    • Youngsters determination decreasing despite tutoring
    • IA still stockpiling players at a specific position/low teambuilding
    • Calendar bug ,only 1 day to recover between 2 officials games, especially a the end of the season (Obviously, i'm not talking about the Boxing day)
    • International call-ups issues (players unavailable for Champions League final etc...)

This poll is closed to new votes

1 minute ago, FlorianAlbert9 said:

My point is that even if we play in a way some issues don't bother us, that is not meaning we had to act like they are not there.

Which no-one is doing.  But even if they were, why does it matter?  I could say that there are no bugs in the game whatsoever (which would be a lie, obviously) and you could say that there are a million of them (another lie) but the only opinion that matters is SI's, as they're the ones in a position to do something about it.

I've never got why people seem so upset that someone can enjoy the game and say there aren't any bugs that affect them.  It's not going to lead to SI going "oh well, guess we don't need to do anything then".  Any bugs, raise them in the correct places with the correct evidence, and, surprise surprise, they'll get looked at.  It really doesn't matter what everyone else thinks.

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• SI Staff
On 23/12/2018 at 17:42, Bigpapa42 said:

I try to whine about injuries pretty rarely because they are absolutely part of the game... but is anyone else finding the game turning into Injury Management Simulator 2019 on the newest patch? I just rage quit after hitting 14 injured players. Playing a pretty high intensity style and loads of matches in Brazil, but rotating heavily, have the best Physios possible, good Sports Scientists, adjust the training and watch the Medical Center for likely injuries. Doesn't matter. In the past month of this save, its just been injury after injury. Training and in-match. 

Nothing has changed game side regarding injuries since release. This sounds like it may be down to misfortune.

Ma injuries ratio, in example, is under the par due to a, I assume, good combination of training/medical center/resting. This hasn't blocked me to get some achievements though.

Reports say my team lowered the injuries ratio of 36% compared to the previous year.

4 hours ago, forameuss said:

Most of the people posting on a game's forum will be of the negative persuasion.  The vast majority of the game's users won't even know this place exists, probably because they've never had an issue that's worth looking it out.  

Way to generalise.  As soon as you start projecting your issues onto a wider populace, you're weakening your argument.

You can say you dislike the game, or hate it even. You can point out everything that you believe is wrong with it, gather evidence, and have SI look at it.  But what you can't do is speak in any kind of consensus about how everyone else feels.  

If someone sends an issue that's purely based around a screenshot or stats, then you're absolutely correct they won't look into it.  Because they have nothing but unsubstantiated words to go on.  That's why they ask for pkms or saves, as they can actually be used to investigate problems.  And every one raised with decent evidence will be investigated.  They're not going to come and sit on every poster's knee, give a kiss on the forehead and give a fully personalised look at every single bug raised.  But if they deem it worthy of a fix or rebalancing, then they'll look into doing just that.  Doesn't mean a fix will ever be released, for a variety of reasons, but to pretend they're just ignoring it shows a massive misunderstanding around how this all works.

1st of all it's exactly what it's used for or even praising with some discussion, those that don't know aren't aware of the forums unless they follow fb/twitter but even then it's only a handful that will see it even if they have issues, I certainly have for ages till fm19. I was only aware of it due to a mate of mine sending me it after complaining to him how bad it was. The forum is seen almost like a "reddit page" where everything is scrutinised and useless- from a small sample of people I know but they can't be the only ones keeping them away without being aware there's several sections. 

Not at all when people are having the same problems, the ME will be the same for everyone therefore have the same issues, and when most are the same points they should do something about it. That being said they should have a specific forum for that type of bug where they shut it down after having so much evidence with pkm's/scrn shots. 

Of course but why not keep the consistency since the release? it's only since the big recent update they've wanted pkm's but before that they accepted screenshots and uploads from saves so they could recreate them. I know it's long but keep the consistency otherwise people would feel they've been pushed back. IMO from a perspective they could've done that to stop being bombarded with issues and only focus on the biggest of issues... and not one person would get an answer that's correct. 

1 hour ago, BigV said:

1st of all it's exactly what it's used for or even praising with some discussion, those that don't know aren't aware of the forums unless they follow fb/twitter but even then it's only a handful that will see it even if they have issues, I certainly have for ages till fm19. I was only aware of it due to a mate of mine sending me it after complaining to him how bad it was. The forum is seen almost like a "reddit page" where everything is scrutinised and useless- from a small sample of people I know but they can't be the only ones keeping them away without being aware there's several sections. 

Not at all when people are having the same problems, the ME will be the same for everyone therefore have the same issues, and when most are the same points they should do something about it. That being said they should have a specific forum for that type of bug where they shut it down after having so much evidence with pkm's/scrn shots. 

Of course but why not keep the consistency since the release? it's only since the big recent update they've wanted pkm's but before that they accepted screenshots and uploads from saves so they could recreate them. I know it's long but keep the consistency otherwise people would feel they've been pushed back. IMO from a perspective they could've done that to stop being bombarded with issues and only focus on the biggest of issues... and not one person would get an answer that's correct. 

They have always wanted Pkms for match issues. That has never ever changed. And save games for other bug issues. This has always been the way. 

Let me share some of my thoughts about ME.

I play a 4-2-3-1 (like many FM players). At first i was using an attacking mentality. I don't use wingers so crossing was limited but i've seen the same problem that many of you talk about : Player dribble by the sideline (mostly wingbacks), doesnt outrun the defender but tries to cross and obviously cross is blocked. I can't say that happens enough to talk about an ME bug but it was clearly poor decision making from my players, they keep being blocked and they keep trying without changing anything. Also, my striker was totally useless ( that looks like a bug to me)

And then i switch from an attacking mentality to a positive one. Reducing the tempo a little bit. Lowering my LOD and LOE. And then i can see clearly that its much better. Telling my players to take a little more time to "think", to create an opportunity before trying risky passes, crosses or dribble made my team much much better. And my players take a little more time to seek for my striker, giving him 1 or 2 extra second to make a difference from his marking opponent. I realize that i was  telling my players to take very high risks in every situation (defending ans attacking) making them rushing their decisions and tries to do a miracle with every ball they got. Now they are more patient with the ball and they take the time to create space, passing routes and mismatch to beat the AI.

I'm not sure, im not SI dev but i really think that mentality is the key. And i also want to use that post to say that removing team shape was a big mistake. Again i'm not SI devs but from my observations, mentality affects a player behavior more than any other option. Being able to tweak the mentality line by line, players by players, to split creative freedom ans responsibilities between units was very useful imo. Especially as i see that mentality has a great effect on player behavior.

So for the ones who struggles with ME, try to lower your mentality and your tempo to give your player more time to make a good decision AND try to lower your line of defense and LOE to create some space.

It's just a suggestion as i don't want to debate in here. To be honest i don't like this forum but i want to help some of my FM brothers :) if i can....

30 minutes ago, BigV said:

Yeah, this is just a complete lie.  Like to an astonishing degree.  You're criticising them for consistency over a policy they have never ever had.

OkaY, what in the name of sanity is up with touchline bans this year? Criticising a ref decision, twice in two seasons in calm and cautious, and I'm off? I did not pick the aggressive tone or the polemic answer (abysmal decision) and yet somehow the authorities are going haywire? 

I don't know how it is in England but here in Germany pre-game bans are almost unheard of and it is pretty much normal to politise the heck out of questionable decisions. If someone goes too far, there's a fine but usually that's it! 

1 hour ago, ThE_ndre said:

I played in Dutch league with Groningen.

I can't se nothing, jus tlong shot goals, free kick goals...

Ridiculous, because goalscorers have 8-10 Long Shot attribute

Same on my team, most goals by long range shots

19.2.0 is very bad for me

Goalkeepers just assist

i'm done with this game to next patch

Anybody?

Yeah check this superb post!

i think a lot of players feel this way, curious to see if anybody from SI will ever acknowledge & respond...

57 минут назад, KLAUS87 сказал:

i think a lot of players feel this way, curious to see if anybody from SI will ever acknowledge & respond...

Create the topic in bugs forum and they (SI) will do

Just as like my topic

5 minutes ago, Novem9 said:

Create the topic in bugs forum and they (SI) will do

Just as like my topic

they should respond in here aswell right? i mean this is the official feedback thread?

i mean how can you not respond? @Eoow & many other (including me and my friends) are shelfing the game for the first time in 15+ years and made special accounts on this forum, that alone should get a response from them.

I found an annoying bug where the sorting isn't correct in Portugal's first division "Liga NOS". My team is Sporting and Braga won the title over me, despite the fact that
- We drew both our games against each other. We tied 2-2 in Braga, and 1-1 in Sporting. Which means even if away goals rule applies, I still had the better record.
Untitled3.thumb.jpg.ab21f73f5b6707c1f9617417ea2f7466.jpg
- I had higher goal difference
Untitled.thumb.jpg.b496623d01d75a01292368c4ad7fdd17.jpg
- I had more goals for
- I had more goals for

This was extremely frustrating, please fix that in your next patch.
Untitled2.thumb.jpg.1c84bdeb9f68ed520e747179e40c0604.jpg

Has anyone had any dribbling issues? I swear the dribblers for IF's and wingers only dribble once or twice in a few games and was just wondering if it should be brought up as a whole rather than an individual issue before posting on the bugs forum to get a large over feel of the issue towards the game. Players with high dribbling stats barely do dribbles for me especially the wide players where most of my play is being made which I know is a bug that has been looked at. Even if I have run at players on they don't do much, martial with 19 dribbling has averaged 0.8 per game which is very unrealistic. My tactics are a 4-1-2-3 and tend to stay on attack but I have used him as a support but he comes in far too often literally as a CAM, he's doing well in terms assists and we've not lost a game in half a season (new save) where he's been used quite often more than sanchez as he offers nothing more than a crossing merchant on the right side. 

3 hours ago, BigV said:

Has anyone had any dribbling issues? I swear the dribblers for IF's and wingers only dribble once or twice in a few games and was just wondering if it should be brought up as a whole rather than an individual issue before posting on the bugs forum to get a large over feel of the issue towards the game. Players with high dribbling stats barely do dribbles for me especially the wide players where most of my play is being made which I know is a bug that has been looked at. Even if I have run at players on they don't do much, martial with 19 dribbling has averaged 0.8 per game which is very unrealistic. My tactics are a 4-1-2-3 and tend to stay on attack but I have used him as a support but he comes in far too often literally as a CAM, he's doing well in terms assists and we've not lost a game in half a season (new save) where he's been used quite often more than sanchez as he offers nothing more than a crossing merchant on the right side. 

Can't say I do. Martial is electric for me  as IF/A

I would create a thread in the bugs section, post your tactical setup and then post pkm examples of where you feel they should be dribbling more. 

3 hours ago, themadsheep2001 said:

Can't say I do. Martial is electric for me  as IF/A

I would create a thread in the bugs section, post your tactical setup and then post pkm examples of where you feel they should be dribbling more. 

Thanks man, Just wanted to ask incase it was an overall thing rather than individual. May I ask how do you make him dribble well and what tactic you use for him to express himself. 

Really disappointed with FM19 at the moment. I'm in agreement with so many users. Obscene amounts of wonder goals and direct free kick goals - you don't need PKM's to know this, play the game it's obvious!

As always, if I encounter issues I will create a thread. Created the below thread and since 4 updates have been released and still no fix or update? 

This aside if the issues are finally rectified, this game will still be the best of the series. I cannot however remember a Football Manager xx.2.1 with as many noticeable issues as this version.

Edited by headshothitman

Goalkeepers are bugged in this game. They suddenly stop moving, jump through the ball or simply fist the ball into the net by themself. My goalkeeper scores an owngoal like every month!

I've already lost quite a few games (and also won some, because of the opponent's gk) where my goalkeeper just stopped participating to the game and/or started to troll the team.

4 hours ago, BigV said:

Thanks man, Just wanted to ask incase it was an overall thing rather than individual. May I ask how do you make him dribble well and what tactic you use for him to express himself. 

This is what I'm currently going with, hadn't played in a little while as I've been away. Martial is just injured, but plays where Lingard is now. Still tweaking it but his role doesn't change when he is there. Ignore the selection and tactical name, I'm phasing into a different style atm. 

64e055535c92274d95054738cc130b8b.png

Just caught up with tonight's Match of the Day and - not for the first time - was struck by how much it looked like FM. Didn't see a single through-ball, almost all of the chances and goals came from crosses, free kicks, corners. All the things that FM players say are unrealistic are there - in spades! - in the real game.

1 hour ago, warlock said:

Just caught up with tonight's Match of the Day and - not for the first time - was struck by how much it looked like FM. Didn't see a single through-ball, almost all of the chances and goals came from crosses, free kicks, corners. All the things that FM players say are unrealistic are there - in spades! - in the real game.

I too kinda feel that we were living in the through-ball/cross filled matrix that are the previous FMs. FM 19 seems to be the red pill. God I wish I chose the blue one.

Does anyone have numbers on what the CCC/HC conversion rates are?  I just want to know what normal is, because it really seems like chance creation bears almost no correlation to actually winning.  Which might actually be realistic, but can be frustrating to watch in-game.

I ask mostly because I've scored 0 goals in 5 matches now, despite creating 12 chances.

Edited by jujigatame

9 hours ago, warlock said:

Did you see many World class players take long shots with their wrong foot from 45 yards out and it dribble along the floor, whilst turning corners, to eventually hit the post at 1mph and then Canon off the keepers back... End up in some penalty area pinball... 

10 hours ago, warlock said:

Thank you come again.

54 minutes ago, westy8chimp said:

Did you see many World class players take long shots with their wrong foot from 45 yards out and it dribble along the floor, whilst turning corners, to eventually hit the post at 1mph and then Canon off the keepers back... End up in some penalty area pinball... 

Nope, but then I've never seen that in FM either. 

10 hours ago, jujigatame said:

Does anyone have numbers on what the CCC/HC conversion rates are?  I just want to know what normal is, because it really seems like chance creation bears almost no correlation to actually winning.  Which might actually be realistic, but can be frustrating to watch in-game.

I ask mostly because I've scored 0 goals in 5 matches now, despite creating 12 chances.

My 'normal' values for CCC are in the early to mid-eighties. Some weird seasons are in the seventies or nineties but that's the ones to either dance or scream about. 

It's worth a mention though that the game has some weird definition of chances//a weird presentation of them. The vast majority of my goals officially comes from out of nowhere however clear they look whereas some 'chances' are just random shots. 

[For my next season I'm also manually counting because some stats seem fishy to me. Currently I am at 37/45 conversions but while the amount of chances seems plausible, I am pretty sure I have missed more than eight already. There were five in the opening games alone and while I scored thrice in them, they came from uncounted crosses. If I add the two missed penalties, my striker must have only missed one one-on-one which seems highly unlikely.]

4 minutes ago, Piperita said:

My 'normal' values for CCC are in the early to mid-eighties. Some weird seasons are in the seventies or nineties but that's the ones to either dance or scream about. 

It's worth a mention though that the game has some weird definition of chances//a weird presentation of them. The vast majority of my goals officially comes from out of nowhere however clear they look whereas some 'chances' are just random shots. 

[For my next season I'm also manually counting because some stats seem fishy to me. Currently I am at 37/45 conversions but while the amount of chances seems plausible, I am pretty sure I have missed more than eight already. There were five in the opening games alone and while I scored thrice in them, they came from uncounted crosses. If I add the two missed penalties, my striker must have only missed one one-on-one which seems highly unlikely.]

CCCs - and what constitutes one - has always been a bit ropey as far as I know.  

I just went back through my schedule to review what the game has been defining as CCCs, and I actually think it's more accurate this year than previous editions. 

What I was also reminded of is how many goals I'm scoring from outside the box; take this game against QPR for example:

image.thumb.png.952d7def3da4bdf213550290876fa1f2.png

I've just gone past 40 long range goals for the season in all competitions. I'm genuinely amazed there is not a consensus of opinion that this is a major imbalance of the current ME build. 

Edited by rdbayly

10 minutes ago, rdbayly said:

this is a major imbalance of the current ME build. 

Agreed. For me there are two issues that need addressing:

1. The over-effectiveness of long shots and direct free kicks. Accuracy seems to be overpowered, and goalkeepers can't seem to judge the flight of the ball.

2. The ineffective AI defending of throw-ins around the 20-yard line. I've lost count of the number of goals I've scored this way.

29 minutes ago, rdbayly said:

I just went back through my schedule to review what the game has been defining as CCCs, and I actually think it's more accurate this year than previous editions. 

What I was also reminded of is how many goals I'm scoring from outside the box; take this game against QPR for example:

image.thumb.png.952d7def3da4bdf213550290876fa1f2.png

I've just gone past 40 long range goals for the season in all competitions. I'm genuinely amazed there is not a consensus of opinion that this is a major imbalance of the current ME build. 

If there is one complaint I have about the match engine, this is it. There are just too many long range goals. They are easy enough to defend from. I just wish the AI would recognise how to deny teams long range shots at your goal. 

13 hours ago, jujigatame said:

https://public.tableau.com/profile/scott.willis#!/vizhome/PremierLeague2018-19/TeamStats

There is this dude, plus a host of other sites you can go to. 

1 hour ago, rdbayly said:

I'm genuinely amazed there is not a consensus of opinion that this is a major imbalance of the current ME build. 

I'm pretty sure there is, and has been for a few weeks.

Well, as much of a consensus as you find on the internet, and on FM in particular.

4 hours ago, Rashidi said:

https://public.tableau.com/profile/scott.willis#!/vizhome/PremierLeague2018-19/TeamStats

There is this dude, plus a host of other sites you can go to. 

No I meant in FM itself.  Like what is the expected conversion rate for a CCC in FM, and an HC?  I wanted to know exactly how unlucky I was to miss 12 straight chances.

2 minutes ago, jujigatame said:

No I meant in FM itself.  Like what is the expected conversion rate for a CCC in FM, and an HC?  I wanted to know exactly how unlucky I was to miss 12 straight chances.

75% of my CCCs have been converted. It's going to vary between teams, but that's my personal rate. No idea about HC as I don't know if that's tracked easily

I am watching the Man City - Liverpool game right now. First 45 min is over, and there has been a total of 3 shots between the two teams, 2 of which were on target. I hope one day the ME can reflect a real life football game in terms of number of shots. I think FM 17 came closest in that sense. There are still way too many shots in FM 19. It should be significantly more difficult to get a shot at goal. Then again, I feel like many gamers would be bored to death in that case, because typically the only exciting parts of the FM match engines are the highlights that end with an attempt on goal. However, I must say that FM 19 comes closest to have entertaining and realistic looking comprehensive highlights, and it is not even close. This is why I consider it the best ME so far, even though there are clear issues with the frequency and effectiveness of long shots and set pieces. Reduce those (which should significantly reduce the average number of shots per game) and slightly improve the central play, and it will be a beauty.

Well Man City - Liverpool looks like ME19, just no goal by long shot :)

Even strikers movement the same (in many moments) as I can see without whoscored.com

My GK in FM took few awful decisions recently and I thought wtf ?!

But I look on Bravo today and no questions, very realistic, good job! :D

Edited by Novem9

2 hours ago, bleventozturk said:

I am watching the Man City - Liverpool game right now. First 45 min is over, and there has been a total of 3 shots between the two teams, 2 of which were on target. I hope one day the ME can reflect a real life football game in terms of number of shots. 

I've seen plenty games with only three shots (or even less!) by half time. 

Also, that game tonight was not really typical of the normal number of shots on goal in an opening 45 minute period. But by all means use one half of real life football to beat FM with. 

4 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

I've seen plenty games with only three shots (or even less!) by half time. 

Also, that game tonight was not really typical of the normal number of shots on goal in an opening 45 minute period. But by all means use one half of real life football to beat FM with. 

Lol, I am not trying to beat FM with anything. Man you really get offended any time somebody has something slightly negative to say about FM, relax, I love the game.

Personally I have not seen any match in FM with only a few shots, but yes, it is slightly rare in real life too. However, just go through ANY match day in real life and look at the average number of shots, then compare it to FM. Not even close. Real life games typically end with 5-12 shots per team per game. What do you see in FM? I see typically 10-20 per team per game. Probably double the real life. Pretty significant difference, but that's fine. But if the goal is to reflect real life, there is room for improvement. The numbers are facts, and stating them is not taking a shot at game by any means. Lol...

I got curious and just calculated the number of shots in my game. 7 match day in, and in EPL teams (all AI controlled, on full detail) are producing a little over 28 shots per game (2 teams combined). In this last EPL match day the number is 19. Not double, but still a significant difference. I believe FM 17 ME was closer to real life, but could be wrong. 

I am not taking a shot at the game, just doing an objective comparison. 

Don't know if this has been mentioned here (or anywhere else) or if it's just me - does anyone have issues with players becoming unreasonably unhappy over playing time, incredibly quickly? I find it happens with key players after as few as two games (common after injury when i'm waiting for them to get match sharpness back), but the biggest problem for me is 'rotation' players, from my experience maybe the threshold is set a little low? Ten games into the season and I've got 5 rotation players with the slight complaint who've played between 5-2 games each? It's not world ending, just often ends up with me ignoring them and making them unhappy rather than rely on promises they either don't believe or sometimes reset (believe that's logged as a sporadic bug?)

51 minutes ago, optimusprimal82 said:

Ten games into the season and I've got 5 rotation players with the slight complaint who've played between 5-2 games each?

That sounds low. Rotation players will expect to be rotated. Playing less than half the matches only means they're not being rotated in much. Even those with 5 out of 10 (which still sounds a little low) it'll depend on when they played. If, for instance, they played 5 of 5, but then were dropped for the last 5, they'll want to know if they're still going to get game time as it appears their playing time is reducing lately.

1 hour ago, optimusprimal82 said:

Don't know if this has been mentioned here (or anywhere else) or if it's just me - does anyone have issues with players becoming unreasonably unhappy over playing time, incredibly quickly? I find it happens with key players after as few as two games (common after injury when i'm waiting for them to get match sharpness back), but the biggest problem for me is 'rotation' players, from my experience maybe the threshold is set a little low? Ten games into the season and I've got 5 rotation players with the slight complaint who've played between 5-2 games each? It's not world ending, just often ends up with me ignoring them and making them unhappy rather than rely on promises they either don't believe or sometimes reset (believe that's logged as a sporadic bug?)

There is 'squad status' which is visible and chosen by you, and there is 'perceived squad status' which is hidden and unknowable. It's how the player perceives himself. YOU might have given him 'rotation' status, but HE might regard himself as a key player! In other words, you have players with an attitude problem!

46 minutes ago, HUNT3R said:

That sounds low. Rotation players will expect to be rotated. Playing less than half the matches only means they're not being rotated in much. Even those with 5 out of 10 (which still sounds a little low) it'll depend on when they played. If, for instance, they played 5 of 5, but then were dropped for the last 5, they'll want to know if they're still going to get game time as it appears their playing time is reducing lately.

Just clarifying - do you mean the amount of games I've given them seems low, or it's a low number of games for them to be complaining about? I've always aimed for a 50/75/90% starting rate for rotation/first team/key players respectively, (admittedly falling short of that with a few of them in this example due to it being early in the season and match sharpness not quite being there etc) but if others aim higher/think that's a bit low then fair enough, will adjust my parameters a little and be wary - it's only really the rotation guys I have a problem with (and even then assume sometimes mentality stats like professionalism play a part).

7 minutes ago, phnompenhandy said:

There is 'squad status' which is visible and chosen by you, and there is 'perceived squad status' which is hidden and unknowable. It's how the player perceives himself. YOU might have given him 'rotation' status, but HE might regard himself as a key player! In other words, you have players with an attitude problem!

Ah ok, I didn't know that's a thing, interesting to know. Weirdly 4 of the guys were new signings in July (and thus agreed to rotation), but guess it's possible something is working in the background and now they're at the club they're like "nope, I should be first team as I'm way better than this lot!"?

Will keep an eye anyway, it's irritating having to constantly speak to the needy children rather than anything else (obviously the hit to morale can be more annoying), but if others think it's ok then fair enough I guess, maybe i'll have to start using 'backup' more often!

5 minutes ago, optimusprimal82 said:

Just clarifying - do you mean the amount of games I've given them seems low, or it's a low number of games for them to be complaining about? I've always aimed for a 50/75/90% starting rate for rotation/first team/key players respectively, (admittedly falling short of that with a few of them in this example due to it being early in the season and match sharpness not quite being there etc) but if others aim higher/think that's a bit low then fair enough, will adjust my parameters a little and be wary - it's only really the rotation guys I have a problem with (and even then assume sometimes mentality stats like professionalism play a part).

It seems a low amount of games to give them. If you consistently have a problem with Rotation players, this points to you not giving Rotation players enough starts.

2 minutes ago, optimusprimal82 said:

it's irritating having to constantly speak to the needy children rather than anything else (obviously the hit to morale can be more annoying)

Indeed, hence my managerial style is to be a brutal dictator. I demand loyalty and professionalism and anyone who's attitude is out of line with me gets the chop.

I can really only get away with that 'Cloughie'/early Sralex Fergie' approach by running an academy challenge. All my players have come through my youth system, nurtured by a Head of Youth Development who is selected on the basis of his personality over and above attributes. The kids tend to idolise the staff, club and myself so they're easier to control. The first thing I look at to decide whether to give them youth contracts or terminate their trials is their personalities. That way I take preventative measures to avoid a lot of the player-management issues that plague modern managers.