Using fmf-files not made for 19.3

Bondonzilenozolo

I’m putting together the fnf-files I need to start playing FM2019. However, I notice that the data updates after 1 March are all marked as compatible with the 19.3 data update.

Can someone tell me the consequences of using an older fmf file despite playing with the most recent database? Are some ids altered? Will the game crash? How can the be resolved?

Plenty good fmf files have not been updated after 1 March. And to my surprise no one made a fmf file for the Italian lower leagues this time around. I googled and found one in an Italian forum. However, it was released shortly after the game, so I fear I’ll discover that it won’t work when I get home from my holidays.

Usually the db files don't need to be updated after the release of an official data update. 

Only costume db updates (data only) could cause problems, league files should be fine.

• 2 weeks later...

KUBI: Thanks for the reply. After I got home from my holiday, I started checking out the various FMF-files. What you said seemed true in some cases - I was able to add some of the files before 1 March 2019, and without my test-games crashing so far. However, some files didn't work because divisions lacked teams. That might've been easy to fix, but I didn't dare risk them being faulty and crashing later, so I didn't use them. Either way, I found replacements for those files, and, all in all, I'm very satistifed with what was out there. I've been able to find expansions for all significant leagues, so now my games have 500 active leagues/divisions (and half a millon player), which is adds a sufficiently level of detail. I'll still be doing some test games to make sure things don't crash. I had a scary in my latest test-game because FM started using all my CPU, making the computer unresponsive, around 1 January. But I guess it's just because the game had lot to do, opening the transfer window and updating all the yearly stuff - it started responding a while later.

Monsi9958: That's excellent. Exactly the amount of leagues I wanted. I love having Italy in my game, making the Italian leagues much better and more exciting, and this is exactly what I need as a platform for this. Thanks a lot.

Archived