The most fun tactic you've used?

Hi,

I know this is subjective - but I'm interested to know what tactic people have used in FM19 and enjoyed the most.

I've tried a few and found that, with some, games become predictable - goals are either from crosses or long balls over the top. I so rarely see a through ball along the ground. 

I suppose I'm looking for a tactic that shares goals amongst the team, has a variety of chances created and doesn't use exploits. For me, I wouldn't find it fun to get a significant portion of goals via throw ins. And I like corners to be varied.

I'm not bashing ant tactic or people's style of play. I also know that 'fun' doesn't tend to equate with losing, so I appreciate that a bit of over powered tweaks may need to be involved. But I know that tactic forums are sometimes geared towards winning at all costs - I'm just wondering if there was tactic that you enjoyed, that provided a good variety of goals (and perhaps won the Champs League with Aldershot....)

Cheers

This ridiculously attacking 4231. Quite a few seasons in so it was a super team stocked with regens.

The opposition defence couldn't deal with the IF(a) cutting inside, with the AF(a), AM(s) and CM(a) getting into the area, so both CWB(a) would get plenty of space to cause havoc. Would regularly rack up 5 or 6 goals in the first half. The DLP sits deep and recycles possession to the full backs. Would sometimes get exposed on the counter but the two CBs were incredibly strong, quick and tall, and with an incredible keeper behind them. And if the opposition scored, we would be almost guaranteed to score more

Capture.PNG

My most fun tactic was the suicidal 3412 I tried in the pre-update version:

SKs—BPDSt, La, BPDSt—IWBa, IWBs—DLPd, RPM—SS—DLFs, AFa

Played very narrow, very patient. Incredibly fun attacks, a ton of possession (200+ touches were the norm at the back) and almost no crosses or long shots! Sadly the demands in concentration, positioning and pressure are way too big for most teams!

I am actually considering trying the formation with some minor updates. Primarily a Ls in the middle (the playmakers in front of him hinder deep runs) and an offensive line of F9-DLFa for even more control and disruption; the AF and SS had comparatively little to do, unfortunately. 

Right now I have two tactics on my experimental desk that could(!) get interesting once I find the motivation to tweak them accordingly:

1) Two variations of the Sampaioli 4312 that was posted here a while ago. One with holding WBau at the back, CMd at the middle and a SS—F9-DLFa frontline; one similar to that but with a relatively normal WBau (but with less crossing ticked!) and a CAR on the side that normally has the MEZ(s).

2) A 3-3-3-1 kinda based on Leverkusen at the season's end. The movements I mapped looked fun for a dynamic play but I have not even finished the setup yet and already have some offshots with a similar base but completely different dynamics. 

@Piperita - let us know how you go with your experiments. I'm interested in the 4312. To be fair, I'm playing an extended Dutch league system and, whilst I'm in the top division now, I'm not sure my team will cope with too much for a while!

@tvc15 - that does sound interesting. I tend to look for tactics with 2 strikers, mainly as I like to spread the goals, but also because I struggle to get the AM role working well. Would you consider uploading the tactic so we could take a look please?

Any other suggestions out there?

Archived