Sports Interactive Community

When you moved it across the second machine, did you also have custom graphics/logos etc in your game? If so, can you please try removing them as a test and seeing whether you encounter the same issue?

Let us know, thanks. 

no, my laptop has no skins, logos or player faces. it is just the default game (my laptop probably can't cope with them additional files) I will try it again on my laptop for you and report back shortly. Also I don't know if this adds to my save game problem but I'm not playing on my Real Betis save while it's being investigated so I started a new save with AFC Bournemouth and I tried forcing the crash on that one and I simply cannot crash the game on the player search section (which is a good thing) it just seems to be with the Betis save file :(

Edited by lynxafc

Ok, so I uninstalled the game on my laptop and re-installed it. There are no additional files (face packs, logos or kits etc...) the game just freezes on the player search section. I don't get a crash dump or error from windows saying it's un-responsive the game just freezes (if I go to the task manager FM2019 says not responding like in the video I uploaded for you) I'm guessing I just lost my save game :(

Thanks for your save, it is now under review. We will update you once we are able to.

Thanks.

I think there maybe something wrong with my Football Manager 2019 game files. The same crash is happening on my new save, I'm about 4 seasons in and the game is just freezing (no error, no crash dump) when I look for players on the players search screen in scouting section. Maybe my PC cant handle 4+ seasons... I don't know if that's a thing or not but I figured my computer was more than powerful enough for FM 2019. my dxdiag is in my first post if you still need it. Anyway I just wanted to add this in the post that it seems to be happening on multiple saves now. (Since starting this new save I have no skins, facepacks extra.... it's completely base game).

Anyway just adding this here.

Steve

Unfortunately we are still looking into the crash at the moment,

The only thing I can recommend is to uninstall the game and reinstall it,

Clear your cache/preferences and then start an entirely new game.

Cheers,

Hugo

hello,

I did try uninstalling and reinstalling it as well as clearing my cache/preferences. I wish I had like an error code or something i could show. The fact it just freezes is kinda annoying :(

Hi we can reproduce the freeze issue you've shown, and its under review. Can you remember the custom database size setup you've use for this save? If so can you save the setup and upload attach the file on here, please? You can save the setup via selecting the dropdown box under the Approximate Player Count > Advanced... > Save Custom Setup. Thanks. 

while it's great that you can reproduce the freeze issue I hope there is a work around. I'm not quite sure what you mean by 'setup' As for the database size (leagues I run and amount of players) there is a picture on the original thread with a picture of the database. 

EDIT: OK I think I know what you mean now (sorry, it's 3am and I have an early start at work) I've uploaded the file you want on this post. I attached a screenshot too 609833798_picture1.thumb.jpg.c69114f30dd2d62196e96a6e01b5aa1c.jpg1943736149_picture2.thumb.jpg.4d442e3c188d1c0e2a832aca88bb8669.jpg

Real Betis Setup.fmf

Edited by lynxafc

I am having this exact problem. Game freezes when i try to scroll down in the player search section. Even does it with my brand new laptop. Very frustrating. Would love to know if you guys find a fix. No idea how the file upload stuff works but let me know if you need my saved file. Thanks for that.

9 hours ago, Larakin15 said:

I am having this exact problem. Game freezes when i try to scroll down in the player search section. Even does it with my brand new laptop. Very frustrating. Would love to know if you guys find a fix. No idea how the file upload stuff works but let me know if you need my saved file. Thanks for that.

Would you be able to upload your save to SI Cloud Service , attach your Dxdiag and also let us know the following, please?

- Name of the save

- Instruction to reproduce the freeze issue

Let us know how you get on, please. Thanks.

It is still being looked at by the dev team. We will update you once we are able to or if we need more info from you.

Currently we would suggest you to not scout multiple players in one go to prevent this freeze from happening.

Thank you.

16 hours ago, Jimmy Wong said:

Would you be able to upload your save to SI Cloud Service , attach your Dxdiag and also let us know the following, please?

- Name of the save

Will do when i get home as it only tends to do it from laptops - when i try it on my work PC (during lunchtimes i swear! :) ) it works fine.

if you are suggest it works on one machine but not the other, can we take a look at both machines' Dxdiag, please?

On 31/07/2019 at 19:39, Jimmy Wong said:

- Name of the save

Save uploaded - sorry, its a big file as been playing it for a fair while. Name of save is "matt27".  Dxdiag attached. Game freezes when scrolling down in the player search screen. Doesnt seem to do it every single time so maybe the above poster is correct when he says it is after selecting somebody to scout.

DxDiag.txt

As a test, can you guys turn off the newgens' picture via FM > Preferences > Interface > Show pictures of players (and staff) who have been generated by the game , please?

Please let us know if this helps with the freeze issue. Thank you.

2 hours ago, Jimmy Wong said:

As a test, can you guys turn off the newgens' picture via FM > Preferences > Interface > Show pictures of players (and staff) who have been generated by the game , please?

I will test this out later tonight.

7 hours ago, Jimmy Wong said:

Ok, so I played about 2 hours tonight with these changes and SO FAR it seems OK. I will continue playing over the weekend so let you know if I had any problems with my save on Monday.

Steve

Sounds good so far, do let us know how you get on, please. Have a good weekend!

13 hours ago, Jimmy Wong said:

Will test later tonight, thanks.

On 01/08/2019 at 14:24, Jimmy Wong said:

Ok, so I put some time in with these changes and haven't had any problems with freezing (haven't been trying to aggressively crash it though) I'm just happy I can  scout and buy players again lol

Just now, Jimmy Wong said:

Thanks for letting us know.

Not that I want to keep refreshing this post Jimmy BUT is the newgen picture files the fault for the freezing on my PC and Laptop or was this just a work around? Can my PC not handle the amount of newgens the game makes each season (I find the freezing more common past 5 seasons, though with your work around about turning off the newgen pictures it seems more stable so far). I don't consider my PC 'outstanding' but I have thought it wouldn't struggle with FM and seems more than capable of running the latest games with little porblems.

Thanks

24 minutes ago, lynxafc said:

Not that I want to keep refreshing this post Jimmy BUT is the newgen picture files the fault for the freezing on my PC and Laptop or was this just a work around? Can my PC not handle the amount of newgens the game makes each season (I find the freezing more common past 5 seasons, though with your work around about turning off the newgen pictures it seems more stable so far). I don't consider my PC 'outstanding' but I have thought it wouldn't struggle with FM and seems more than capable of running the latest games with little porblems.

Thanks

Hi the game should runs fine with newgens graphics, however your save "Steven Titchener - Real Betis.fm" has 165,000 players loaded which exceed the game's recommendation of 125,000. If you start a save with less than 125,000 there should be no issue with freeze. 

As always, we are always actively looking to improve the performance of our game and your case will help us.

Thank you. 

so I have 165,000 loaded which yes exceeds the game's recommendation of 125,000. So should I remove some leagues from the Add/Remove section to bring them numbers more in line? I know turning off the newgen faces has done well but do you think staying within the games recommendation would be better?

I've always wanted to try and run a full database with everything loaded but I guess that is simply out of the question.

For sure the performance of the game will improve if the save stays within the recommendation limit.

Unfortunately for your case, you wont be able to reduce your save down 125,000. I assume many players you've load aren't in the active leagues? For example, if you try and deselect all of the leagues within add/remove leagues (expect Spanish First Division) the approximate player count is still at 141,000. 

Ah I see. That's because I've added players through the custom database part (adding continents) that makes sense.

I guess that's why my new save doesn't seem to be crashing as much or I'm having much less success in getting my game to freeze, I have around 117,000 loaded in the database. I'm just happy that I can play my Real Betis save now and will in future keep more of an eye on what is an acceptable number for my computer.

Thanks a lot for answering my questions Jimmy.

Steve.

P.S - I hope these changes/ fixes have helped Larakin15 with their game as well.