Sports Interactive Community
Sign in to follow this  
KEV2427

Is TV Revenue Hardcoded?

Hi, 

I'm new to the forum, so go easy on me please!

I am currently managing Celtic in 2026.  As you can imagine I've dominated the domestic scene.  Ive just won the CL after gradually getting closer)beaten finalists in 2024) and have seen the clubs reputation rise significantly.  I have also taken the SPFL from 28th to 8th in the reputation rankings and to 6th in the nation coefficient. Whist I have made some fanatic money due to my CL runs and big player sales,  I still only get £1M per season for TV revenue.  Can this increase over time or is it harcoded into the game?

Thanks for any replies I get.

Kevin

It should not be hard-coded, but it is based on the "default values". In other words, while your TV revenue should increase throughout time you will not reach EPL levels of TV revenue; even if you manage to reach the Top 2 of Reputation rankings. However, it had funny implications for Gibraltar, where the default prize-money was nothing worth talking about at around 200K... but their horrible, bottom of the barrel reputation also meant that even conservatively improving their reputation had the effect of making the awarded money absolutely (and absurdly) skyrocket. The flip side of this is that FM works so much around Reputation that even Gibraltar clubs with dozens of millions in cash, completely clean of any FFP trouble,  were not able to attract any player they would have needed to improve their standing. I don't know if it's still the case, but it used to be a few versions ago.

Thank you for your reply! I am making millions from CL but its frustrating when I'm still only receiving £1M a season for TV

On 12/07/2019 at 22:17, KEV2427 said:

Thank you for your reply! I am making millions from CL but its frustrating when I'm still only receiving £1M a season for TV

Gotta see the cup half-full. It's also likely that as a result, the expected wages in your country are smaller than they would be in bigger countries. In other words, if you fetch young promising players for cheap and keep them at the club, you won't have to pay them the same kind of wages you do in bigger countries. And by the time they start asking for big wages, you can sell them for a pretty penny. The moment you start playing in a small country, you accept you'll have to focus on scouting youngsters. I've been there; I sold the best player in the world once even though he was a HG player I recruited at 18. I didn't want to make the wages of the other players at the club explode, even though I was the most reputable club in the world at that point. He went to PSG, and we beat PSG in the following CL final. :lol: Moral of the story: no player is bigger than the club. :brock: