Sports Interactive Community
maxfriend

Illness in colder countries

Do players for clubs based in colder countries have a higher frequency of illness and sickness? I have started a career with Rangers and I seem to have much more sickness bug related injuries compared to careers with clubs in England and Spain?

I would very much doubt that the injury module will take the country where the player is playing in into account as it would require to change if he moved from one country to another.

Cold weather increases probability of such sicknesses as cold, flu, etc. So, if you play in the country where there is more cold days - you'll have your players getting these sicknesses more often. This is something I noticed either.

On the other hand the cold can kill bugs to maybe you should get fewer illnesses in cold countries.

1 hour ago, Hovis Dexter said:

On the other hand the cold can kill bugs to maybe you should get fewer illnesses in cold countries.

but the immune system is weakened so Exius is right

Maybe the level of healthcare provide by each country should have a significant impact

Somebody correct me if there is actual data to show otherwise, but I don't think people here in colder countries are ill any more often than in warmer places! Maybe when you first move from a warm climate to a colder one there might be a short period when you're more susceptible to infections, but even that would probably have more to do with just change of environment in general (different viral populations, immune system not yet adapted), and the effect would be the same the other way around too. 

Does playing in hotter countries get you career ending ilnesses like malaria, cholera, yellow fever or ebola?

No?

Then it shouldn't get you more colds in colder less hot countries.

On 12/07/2019 at 13:39, Exius said:

Cold weather increases probability of such sicknesses as cold, flu, etc. So, if you play in the country where there is more cold days - you'll have your players getting these sicknesses more often. This is something I noticed either.

I very much doubt this is modelled in-game.