Illness in colder countries

Do players for clubs based in colder countries have a higher frequency of illness and sickness? I have started a career with Rangers and I seem to have much more sickness bug related injuries compared to careers with clubs in England and Spain?

Cold weather increases probability of such sicknesses as cold, flu, etc. So, if you play in the country where there is more cold days - you'll have your players getting these sicknesses more often. This is something I noticed either.

Somebody correct me if there is actual data to show otherwise, but I don't think people here in colder countries are ill any more often than in warmer places! Maybe when you first move from a warm climate to a colder one there might be a short period when you're more susceptible to infections, but even that would probably have more to do with just change of environment in general (different viral populations, immune system not yet adapted), and the effect would be the same the other way around too. 

On 12/07/2019 at 13:39, Exius said:

Cold weather increases probability of such sicknesses as cold, flu, etc. So, if you play in the country where there is more cold days - you'll have your players getting these sicknesses more often. This is something I noticed either.

I very much doubt this is modelled in-game.

Cold dry air dries up your nose allowing viruses easier entry. We're more likely to spend time in crowded spaces because of cold weather. Perfect for the spread of viruses too. 

Supposedly most people catch a cold 2 or 3 times each winter with varying severity. Most people won't be hit by flu each winter. 

Colds like cold and dry air. But they also love humid air. In hot humid countries colds are spread year round. 

I don't think FM needs to be too accurate though. 

It's down to immunity. The past winter my relatives caught flu 2 or 3 times. At the same time I haven't been sick for 3 years, although I'm frequently in contact with them.

If u expose yourself to germs then u will find u don't get ill often. If you keep yourself so clean you never expose yourself to germs the first time you come across them u will be ill. You have to keep the immune system working. Look Back to when you didn't have central heating.  You hardly had a cold. Now we ate nice and warm we get colds and flu more often.  I saw a programme about it. It said some germs are good for you in the long run. 

Archived