Change number of countries at World Cup?

WilltheWolf92

• 8 months later...

You will need to rebuild the World Cup and the qualifiers for it.

Just know that in some cases (Asia for sure and possibly Africa) you will need to rebuild the Continetal Cups as well as part of their qualification system is also used as a qualifier for the World Cup.

2 minutes ago, Wolf_pd said:

You will need to rebuild the World Cup and the qualifiers for it.

Just know that in some cases (Asia for sure and possibly Africa) you will need to rebuild the Continetal Cups as well as part of their qualification system is also used as a qualifier for the World Cup.

You think i should start from scratch or change the existing rules and sytem?

Edited by WilltheWolf92
typo

• 4 weeks later...
On 29/03/2020 at 18:20, Wolf_pd said:

Scratch, I think you need to make so much changes.

Have you ever tried this, cause i'm now trying this for over a month every day and i still doesn't work. Would be so happy if someone could make a file or printscreen how it needs to look.

I can post some screens from my current edits. Depending on what you are going to do, you will need to make some changes obviously, but it does give you a general idea what needs to be done.

Ok, to start. What you are planning will mean a few things for your World Cup and Qualifications. All will have to be redone.

Here is an example of how my International Competitions look at the moment. You see two reds blocks (I did those) to signify the important things

To create a new World Cup you go to Rules in the Meny

Example.thumb.png.1d9293a681a17c68e67105a958194bb5.png

There you have three option to Add rules
Add Nation Rules
Add Club Continental Rules
Add International Rules

As you can see in the other red block, you need to pick Add International Rules.
When you do that, you will get the International Rules header, just like I have and in the left column the General and Competitions.
Click on Competitions. In the big main screen you get the options to Add a competition.
Click Add
A new line is added in the left column named Rules
Click Rules
Now you get the option to choose your Competition and here you can search for World Cup and from there you are creating your new World Cup.

The type is set to International Finals. This is perfectly fine for the World Cup, but if you want to create the Qualifiers, you will have to pick International Qualifiers from the pulldown menu

1 hour ago, Wolf_pd said:

Ok, to start. What you are planning will mean a few things for your World Cup and Qualifications. All will have to be redone.

Here is an example of how my International Competitions look at the moment. You see two reds blocks (I did those) to signify the important things

To create a new World Cup you go to Rules in the Meny

Example.thumb.png.1d9293a681a17c68e67105a958194bb5.png

There you have three option to Add rules
Add Nation Rules
Add Club Continental Rules
Add International Rules

As you can see in the other red block, you need to pick Add International Rules.
When you do that, you will get the International Rules header, just like I have and in the left column the General and Competitions.
Click on Competitions. In the big main screen you get the options to Add a competition.
Click Add
A new line is added in the left column named Rules
Click Rules
Now you get the option to choose your Competition and here you can search for World Cup and from there you are creating your new World Cup.

The type is set to International Finals. This is perfectly fine for the World Cup, but if you want to create the Qualifiers, you will have to pick International Qualifiers from the pulldown menu

Ok thank you. Do i need to set up all the other international leagues (European Cup, ...) all too from the beginning?

No, in the International Rules you only do the International Nation Competitions

To do the European Cups, you create a new file and instead of Add International Rules you choose Add Club Continental Rules. After that it works similar to the International Rules (obviously based on what you decide to build yourself).

Just now, Wolf_pd said:

No, in the International Rules you only do the Nation Competitions

To do the European Cups, you create a new file and instead of Add International Rules you choose Add Club Continental Rules. After that it works similar to the International Rules (obviously based on what you decide to build yourself).

Oh ok, I only want to expand the World Cup to 96 countries. But i meant if i want to change the World Cup, do i need to set up all the other international leagues too, like Copa America, EK, Africa Cup?

You will have to redo the Asian Nation Cup and Asian Nation Cup qualifying, because that is also used for the World Cup qualifying. I think the same applies to the African Nations Cup and maybe the OFC Nations Cup.

Copa America should be OK and European Championship as well. Concacaf Gold Cup should be OK as well.

But..... I have been surprised by the game before, that if you rebuild the EC, suddenly the World Cup and Copa America disappeared.

So best would be first work out the World Cup, test it and if it works to your liking, check if the other continental cups are still OK.

Looking good so far.

A few remarks.

There are only teams starting in the first group stage. No need to have starting teams in the second group stage and later on. For group stages you need to set the amount of qualifiers, but the knockout rounds know how much teams go through.

Also, an advice for testing this one. First build the World Cup and if that tests succesfull add the qualifiers. Something like in the file I have added.

It's just a quick and dirty version comparable to what you have in mind.

File for comparison.fmf

5 hours ago, Wolf_pd said:

Looking good so far.

A few remarks.

There are only teams starting in the first group stage. No need to have starting teams in the second group stage and later on. For group stages you need to set the amount of qualifiers, but the knockout rounds know how much teams go through.

Also, an advice for testing this one. First build the World Cup and if that tests succesfull add the qualifiers. Something like in the file I have added.

It's just a quick and dirty version comparable to what you have in mind.

File for comparison.fmf 15.11 kB · 1 download

I'm getting further in the progress, but now it's difficult to find the dates of the draw. Do you know where i could find this date? Searched for in a testgame but couldn't find it.

Current progress for everyone who wants to help.

1238622365_Fileforcomparison.fmf

Edited by WilltheWolf92

12 hours ago, WilltheWolf92 said:

So in the file that you posted, i only need to add the WC Qualifications? (+ Asian Cup, Copa America)

Yes. Also, when you have added WCQ, first test and see which of the Asian, African Cup, etc you need to remake. Saves you time.

On 25/04/2020 at 00:10, Wolf_pd said:

You will have to redo the Asian Nation Cup and Asian Nation Cup qualifying, because that is also used for the World Cup qualifying. I think the same applies to the African Nations Cup and maybe the OFC Nations Cup.

Copa America should be OK and European Championship as well. Concacaf Gold Cup should be OK as well.

But..... I have been surprised by the game before, that if you rebuild the EC, suddenly the World Cup and Copa America disappeared.

So best would be first work out the World Cup, test it and if it works to your liking, check if the other continental cups are still OK.

Ok, but i need to redo the all the championships cause when you work with International Rules you start with 0 competitions filled.

Nope, that's not entirely true. The competitions in your list are the ones that are remade. Any championship linked to that, will have to be remade, but any championship NOT linked, will remain in its old form.

For instance, the Olympics are not in your list, right? If you WC and WCQ work, load the game and see if the Olympics still work. They will ;)