Sports Interactive Community
Sign in to follow this  
WojciechZed

Referee mistakes

So again, not really a glitch I think, but something that I think could be improved to makes things more logical.

Just recently I had a game where the opposition scored a goal from an offside position. The replay even showed it very clearly, that it was offside. I of course wanted to complain about the decision after the match, but had no press conference to do it in. It would be nice to makes sure that there is a press conference after any match where a big decision against your team has been made, so you have a chance to comment on it.

It would also be nice to have the opportunity to reference more than one decision, as there are often a few mistakes made by the referee in a match, yet you tend to only get asked about one mistake.

There is also something I have seen that doesn't make much sense. You will sometimes see that a manager has complained about a bad decision costing his team, even when they were 5-0 down and had an offside call made on one of their goals in the 85th minute.

I am surprised that you didn't get a press conference - I have them after every game. Unless you have your AssMan set to attend. I always thought they were automatically given after every math - even friendlies.

Otherwise, why complain about he decision? I'm not sure what benefit you would get other than release of frustration - AFAIK you only get into trouble with the FA.

39 minutes ago, Snorks said:

I am surprised that you didn't get a press conference - I have them after every game

I think it depends to a large extent on the league you're playing. I get them pretty much every game in the PL, less often in the Championship, and almost never in the lower leagues unless it's getting towards the end of the season or the later stages of a cup (or there's some controversy regarding player rows or contract renewals).

As to the OP, sometimes you just have to take it on the chin. And even if you're right, the authorities will often take the officials' side. Even if I'm convinced it was a bad call I always 'no comment' bad decisions.

Yes, depends on the level you are. PC is a rare event in the 6th league and a standard event in the top league.

There are pre-game editor options for competition/league to have a minimum number of press conference questions, which to me is a very useful thing to have as I like long PCs, but I haven't played around with them yet.

6 hours ago, isignedupfornorealreason said:

With offside I'm inclined to doubt whether the decision was wrong or not

This! I've seen goals ruled out where although the player was technically offside he wasn't really interfering. And I've seen goals allowed where the offside player was literally standing in front of the goalkeeper.

Added realism :thup:

On 13/07/2019 at 00:32, isignedupfornorealreason said:

With offside I'm inclined to doubt whether the decision was wrong or not. Lots of people don't fully understand that law. :P

true

On 13/07/2019 at 06:47, warlock said:

This! I've seen goals ruled out where although the player was technically offside he wasn't really interfering. And I've seen goals allowed where the offside player was literally standing in front of the goalkeeper.

Added realism :thup:

here's an example 'the player was technically offside' but wasn't interfering'  means he wasn't committing the offside offence, technically or otherwise, Law 17 - 'Being in an offside position is not an offence" so he wasn't technically 'offside' in terms of committing the offence. The offence only occurs if certain criteria are met 'standing in front of the goalkeeper' is not one of them. Blocking a defender's view is though, so might not have been construed as an offence depending on the angle of shot/cross. 

Also, if it is played by a defender, rebounds, etc have an impact on whether the player in an offside position is committing Offside - to be honest it can be so frikkin confusing, as written, I'm not surprised people get so confused when seeing it in context. It is easy to understand when reading the Law, but with so many differing situations in a game.

Lol in my case the player did a single run from his own box to the other and scored, and the goal was called offside, what a joke... Sad this happens so many times and if you try to upload it you need to make an account first...