Jump to content
Sports Interactive Community

Recommended Posts

the last Football Manager game I've played was FM17, the only FM Touch game I've played was probably FM11 or FM12? Was it touch then or mobile? Either way, I wasn't all the impressed with Touch. Since the series is on sale this week I was curious about how the FM Touch series has evolved and if the Switch port would be worth picking up. I'm not sure my laptop would be able to run FM19 very well as my latop is now 8 years old.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, metalface13 said:

the only FM Touch game I've played was probably FM11 or FM12? Was it touch then or mobile?

That would have been FM Mobile (previously known as FM Handheld) 

FM Touch was previously known as FM Classic. Both until FM16 the names were changed to what they are called now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is fantastic on Switch. And damn fast too :) I recommend it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Clearly I'm obviously biased, but I think the Switch version of the game is great and is a pretty refreshing alternative to FM.

It's much more simplified and streamlined, but there's still a lot of control and things to do that really immerses you... and as @Carambau said, it's a lot faster! I'm currently 5 seasons deep into a save with Ternana and I'm loving it. Being able to play it on my commute has been a complete game changer too!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/07/2019 at 11:31, Alistair Skewes said:

Clearly I'm obviously biased, but I think the Switch version of the game is great and is a pretty refreshing alternative to FM.

It's much more simplified and streamlined, but there's still a lot of control and things to do that really immerses you... and as @Carambau said, it's a lot faster! I'm currently 5 seasons deep into a save with Ternana and I'm loving it. Being able to play it on my commute has been a complete game changer too!

I echo this!  The Switch version really got me back into playing FM 'full time' again after a good 5+years away! thanks Alistair and all the team who worked on the Switch version! :)

It is faster than my PC version and doesn't appear to be lacking in any features.  My only, albeit minor, criticism is from layout to controls, it is 99% the PC version mirrored basically, which brings some of the navigational issues of using a pad instead of mouse with it.  The D-PAD (you know what I mean..! lol) could've maybe been used as a quick navigation shortcut around the pages, as you do spend 99% of the time playing the game using the analogue stick as a mouse pointer, for example.

But it's still vastly more playable than FM 07 and FM08 were on the 360! lol and ultimately it's A LOT of fun and easily my most played Switch game! :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Picked this up yesterday, having bought a Switch last week, so it is all relatively new to me. Any idea how I can make the match go faster? I have managed to speed up replays, but cannot change the pre-set pace of the actual match?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 24/07/2019 at 10:23, Carl0sAlbert0 said:

Picked this up yesterday, having bought a Switch last week, so it is all relatively new to me. Any idea how I can make the match go faster? I have managed to speed up replays, but cannot change the pre-set pace of the actual match?

There isn't any way to speed up the match unfortunately, only the option for the highlights.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 25/07/2019 at 10:48, MorrisseyMuse said:

There isn't any way to speed up the match unfortunately, only the option for the highlights.

Thanks - guessing there isn't a way to get rid of and bring in new scouts either? Sorry for the questions, all new to an old PC FMer like myself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Carl0sAlbert0 said:

Thanks - guessing there isn't a way to get rid of and bring in new scouts either? Sorry for the questions, all new to an old PC FMer like myself.

No worries :)

Alas you can't change scouts, but I don't think this was allowed in the PC version of Touch either from what I remember?

You can hire and fire your head scout who kind of represents and organises your scouting network.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I echo all the sentiments so far about it being brilliant - I stopped playing FM for a number of years due to time and frustration at how long it took to get anywhere. 

Now I'm really enjoying it - got a couple of saves going and can get through a lot of matches in one sitting. Its hooked me right back in! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is there any difference between Touch on iPad and Switch? I have an iPad 6 and a Switch. Game is cheaper for iPad and the screen is obviously bigger. Is there any point in even considering it for the Switch? Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 30/07/2019 at 00:04, DonJuan said:

Is there any difference between Touch on iPad and Switch? I have an iPad 6 and a Switch. Game is cheaper for iPad and the screen is obviously bigger. Is there any point in even considering it for the Switch? Thanks!

I have the tablet version (ok, its no IPad) and the switch version and I find the speed of the game on switch far quicker than on my android tablet. And I like the controls far more, as you have the control pad and dont have to mess around with your fingers on the screen, missing often enough...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another quick question for the knowledgeable out there - can you save tactics on the Switch? I know on the full game you can have 3 saved, but not sure if/how this can be done on the Switch?

Three seasons in, and enjoying it immensely. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 13/09/2019 at 12:33, Carl0sAlbert0 said:

Another quick question for the knowledgeable out there - can you save tactics on the Switch? I know on the full game you can have 3 saved, but not sure if/how this can be done on the Switch?

Three seasons in, and enjoying it immensely. 

Yes, just save and name it. I switch between 3 different tactics.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well positive comments here to perhaps get fmt 20 on switch.

Is there obvious way to say upload tactics etc like you would get from STEAM on pc?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...