Sports Interactive Community

placeholder-square-nasl-50th.jpg.3a259ba38495562f8faf2bb03b777b9c.jpg

Travel back to 1978 with Pelé, Cruyff, George Best, Beckenbauer, Eusébio, Gerd Muller, Bobby Moore, Hugo Sánchez, and more.

Classic NASL rules include 6 points for a win, tied games going to OT & penalties (sadly not from 35 yards), and "best 2 out of 3" playoffs.

Collage-Left.thumb.jpg.af1723819332a8f01a1e47a210e7e98a.jpgCollage-Right.thumb.jpg.ca871a16af1244ce2b5d4d7d2891240b.jpg

DOWNLOAD

GRAPHICS

If the above link doesn't work: NASL, Players, Continental comps | Steam workshop link

*change your game language to English (US) for full effect*

Screenshots:

Spoiler

1cruyff.thumb.png.8ec8fdb3cda16a2d7ce09a3754e48166.pngcosmos.thumb.png.4b989812ac674fb93cade5da429f2137.pngwhitecaps.thumb.png.40b4cb80295b8f8132d90ad49cd1dac8.pngstandings.thumb.png.57953517cb95b968dd80b45713a7dc8f.pngplayerstats.thumb.png.2bc4b8042b7f640286c0afc22d73aa40.pngs-l500.jpg.7da03cb3961b90a29bf253be7e983b6f.jpg

Edited by themodelcitizen

This looks great !! Can't wait

12 hours ago, Rherm said:

Is there any plan to also release a NASL database without the legend players?

Never mind that... :P what about just release the legend players without the league?

This still out today ??

On 04/07/2019 at 04:52, cel1234 said:

This still out today ??

It's in the download section

I'll add some awards and a few more players/staff next week, currently in the middle of a trans-continental road trip taking in some Americana. Feedback is appreciated.

I recently got a new computer and I loaded this file with the logos and kits but when I get to the team selection the kits appear but only the Toronto logo appears. The weird thing is everything worked on the the old computer (which I can't use anymore). I don't know exactly what is going on.

That is an odd one. Have you gone into the settings and ticked the box for "reload skin on confirm" or whatever it is? Apologies for the slow updates, I'm finally back on the west coast and can get back to work on some additions. In the meantime, any feedback? High scoring games should be the norm from what I could tell during testing (and watching 70s NASL highlights on youtube)

7 hours ago, themodelcitizen said:

That is an odd one. Have you gone into the settings and ticked the box for "reload skin on confirm" or whatever it is? Apologies for the slow updates, I'm finally back on the west coast and can get back to work on some additions. In the meantime, any feedback? High scoring games should be the norm from what I could tell during testing (and watching 70s NASL highlights on youtube)

Yeah, even when the confirm button is available nothing happens

This has been updated, each of the 9 teams has a full 24+ man roster with staff, awards, and a few dozen more faces in the pack.

Another quirk of the old NASL seasons is the need for 2 North Americans on the field (increasing after 2 years) and 1 more on the 3-man bench.

Here are some research acknowledgements:

Spoiler

Lots of details and stats from the invaluable NASL Jerseys; this Rowdies Appreciation Blog; the Kenn.com blog; NASLhistory; Fun While it Lasted; NASL; Stats Crew; the American Soccer History Archives; and Tim Hanley's recollections at the RSSSF.

Inspiration from Ian Plenderleith's book Rock 'n' Roll Soccer; Gavin Newsham's Once in a Lifetime (and the movie); Adrian Webster; David Tossell; Andrew Horne; and Colin Jose.

Here are some highlights on Youtube which has a lot of old games in full:

Edited by themodelcitizen