Sports Interactive Community
Sign in to follow this  
cruyff14

Crashing when reloading skin

Hi, So when I clear the cache and reload the skin to load in graphics packs these screens come up and and the the screen goes  black and I have to close FM through task manager. Can anyone suggest what to do as they were all working fine until I closed FM and loaded it up again earlier?

staging.PNG

crash.PNG

database.PNG

I was trying to install facepacks and logos which I've done before easily enough.

I have since deleted all folders and steam completely from my pc and will try to reinstall fresh and see if the problem arises again.

I initially thought it was skin related but tried to install just facepacks and logos and the same messages came up

An update I've since reinstalled fresh and as soon as I load up I get this stool kit message and it crashes. Any ideas what is making this happen as I'm all out of ideas to try now

16 hours ago, cruyff14 said:

An update I've since reinstalled fresh and as soon as I load up I get this stool kit message and it crashes. Any ideas what is making this happen as I'm all out of ideas to try now

Does the game run fine without any facepacks or logos installed?

Cheers,

Hugo

Sorry late reply. I've had a play around and I believe it's an editor file causing the issue which one I'm unsure but it all seems to be working now after deleting the files. I will have a further play around and see which it is for my own curiosty. Just strange as it wasn't a problem before. Perhaps the last update caused an issue with an old file maybe?

There hasn't been an update released in quite a while so would be surprised if that was related but would be dependent on when the last time you played prior to this error occurring. 

If you do discover which editor file is related (maybe if you do some trial and error at some point) please do let us know.